Relationships

Nancy & Aisosa’s EPIC Story of Long-Distance Love, Twin Boys & Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos | Alero Marcel Photography

Hope you’re seated somewhere comfortable, this is an EPIC love story for you this Tuesday. Nancy and Aisosa share the same name, and now, a love that’ll last a lifetime.

They met in JSS1, reconnected via Facebook and are now the parents to twin boys.

Nancy wanted to share her story with the BN Weddings fam to inspire you, “God is the ultimate master planner” she says.bellanaija-twin boys bnBride: Aisosa Nancy Osadiaye
Groom: Aisosa Aaron Ebomoyi

How it Started

by Nancy, the bride
My husband and I first met in JSS 1 in greater tomorrow secondary school Edo state. He was in JSS 1A and I was JSS 1B we both shared the same name Aisosa, he was called ‘Aisosa boy’ and I was ‘Aisosa girl’ but we never spoke until I left the school after JSS3 Junior WAEC to the US in the year 2000. He left Nigeria in 2004, for London.Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7356 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5136-Edit Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5138 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5145Catching Up
We reconnected through Facebook and chatted about old times in school and exchanged numbers. Though we exchanged numbers he barely called me because we were just friends. In June 2011, he got my new BBM pin and sent me a request and chatted me up. He sent me a message saying “hi” and I was like, “long time, what have you been up to?” He said he had found a wife in the US, I had a feeling he was talking about me then I asked what her name is and he said Aisosa so I acted oblivious, “wow, she has the same name as me”. Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5132 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5158 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5149 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5156From Friends to a Relationship
But that day, we talked for a while and from there we spoke very often on Skype and one day he told me he wanted me to me to be his girlfriend but I told him I thought we were good friends and I do not want anything that will mess up the friendship, if the relationship does not work. But later I agreed because I liked him a lot too. Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7481-Edit Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7494 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7502 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5216The First Visit
He wanted me to come visit him in London during the summer but due to my tight schedule as a medical student I told him November was a better time. In November, I visited London for 10 days but after that I never visited again because of our busy schedules. he started his masters and I had a medical board exam but we kept in touch all the time. Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5223-Edit Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-IMG_5182 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7415The Next Step
As the relationship grew stronger we told our families we would like to do our introduction in December 2012 and they agreed. August 2012, I sneaked to London for 2 weeks to see Aisosa without telling my parents, because they had told me not to travel since I had an upcoming board exam in November. I returned from London then decided to do a two weeks fasting asking God to give me a big sign that will show me this is the man for me before the introduction. I fasted with my study partner and friend Esther. Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7326-Edit Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7319 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7345 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7180-2 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7212Oh Baby!
Later in October I fell really sick and could not study anymore, I went to the hospital and I found out I was pregnant. I thought my life was over it felt like a dream because pregnancy before marriage is one of my biggest fear and I have been very careful so I told Aisosa and my friend Esther that my life was over but my friend Esther said maybe its the sign you asked God for. I told her, “Abeg which kin sign be this? In fact it’s a bad sign, Lol” Aisosa said it’s fine and he will take responsibility, and that our introduction was still in 2 months. I was like, “please, I don’t want babies before marriage” because we had planned that December 2013 we will get married. I was so frustrated because I sneaked to London in the first place and my family did not know. I told my study partner and boyfriend I can not keep this baby because I won’t be able to study with the sickness and I am not ready to be a mother. My boyfriend and his mom begged me to keep it and my mum too after she found out told me to keep it but we were too scared to tell my dad. I am the only girl among 4 boys and I had always been the golden child who was just so perfect to them and I did not want to disappoint my dad. Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7186-Edit Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7276-Edit Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7286-EditTwins!
I called my boyfriend one day and told him I cannot keep it and he begged me then I told him maybe if it was twins I would change my mind because he knows how much I love twins. Though I have always been against abortion but with all the confusion of thinking my life was over with this pregnancy I went for the abortion and found out I was carrying twins, I cried and told God I cannot cover a sin with another sin of abortion and he should give me the strength to tell my dad and he should help my dad handle it well when he finds out. Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7285-Edit Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7398The Confession
I told my dad, and he was upset and said that’s what happens when you are disobedient to your parents but he asked me and my boyfriend our plans. We told him we will go ahead with the introduction but we will move the wedding to December 2014 instead of 2013 to so our twin boys can be our ring bearers because they will be a a year and a half. I took time off school during my pregnancy because I was too sick and took a year off after the twins were born to take care of my twins with my mum while Aisosa was in London working, but I traveled with the twins to London to visit their daddy but now I am back to pursing my dream as a Medical Doctor thanks to my supportive fiancé and parents. Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7377 Nancy & Aisosa Pre-Wedding Photos by Alero Marcel Photography- BellaNaija 2015-_MG_7380God is the ultimate master planner.

As much as you plan your life it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that will make you happier than you originally planned and that’s what you call God’s will.

The Proposal!
proposal in dubai - bellanaijaMy proposal was not a surprise because I do not like surprises! When I’m surprised I usually do not like what is given to me.

Before the pregnancy, we spoke about rings but I wanted us to pick it together but you know it was a long distance relationship so we decided to look for something I like when next we see. In January 23 2012 he took me to Dubai on a 10-day trip while I was 5 months pregnant, for my birthday.

It was such a fun trip and few days after my birthday January 31st he proposed to me at dinner close to the Burj Khalifa building with a beautiful custom-made ring from a picture I had sent him. He proposed to me February 3rd which was the day we left Dubai.

The twins on their first birthday.

The twins on their first birthday.

The twins with their parents on their 2nd birthday at Disneyland Paris.

The twins with their parents on their 2nd birthday at Disneyland Paris.

bellanaija-twin boys bn~ Photography: Alero Marcel Photography | instagram.com/aleromarcel

1. D Fairygodsister

May 12, 2015 at 11:24 am

First off, the boys are so cute!!!

Whoop!!

I haven’t commented on BN in forever but this is such a beautiful story! Yes she got pregnant before she got married but I’m excited at how the abortion plans were aborted because she found she was carrying twins! Talk about God being… everything!

Plus, well done on going back to medical school Mama Ibeji! Get in there! God bless your home!
    FGS

• wagamama

May 12, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Love the story! Love the couple! Looking at your pics together made me hyper Ho##y! Lmao! God bless your home!

On another note: Dear bf’s/gf’s out there, marriage was already on the table with these too oo! Na belle just seal am! Make una nor go shagg, carry belle, dey expect happily ever after! Condoms are cheap! Shine ya eyes mbok! Ejor! Biko!

• Rufina

May 13, 2015 at 4:57 pm

I saw what you did there…. the abortion plans were aborted…..
      Moving on swiftly!

2. Le coco

May 12, 2015 at 11:24 am

Awwww sooo beautiful.. ThankGod you ddnt abort… Children are a gift from God… Your husband is trully a. Man…. Bt I gotta ask.. You r nw married… So what’s the living situation.. You r in th us nd he in London … Hw does Tht work

• Gabriel

May 17, 2015 at 9:44 am

Yes please answer! Some of us are in the same situation. In a long distance relationship about to get married but scared because we don’t really know how we will cope with being married and apart! Help please!!!

• Pearl

May 26, 2015 at 4:20 pm

God, God and God is the only answer, pray , tell him your mind , open up He knows all. My husband and I are married and were apart for 7 years. Now we are together , living in the states and with our child. You should also be ready to make sacrifices too as well. It’s well if you believe and leave all to God. Goodluck

3. CC

May 12, 2015 at 11:31 am

Beautiful story and Beautiful family

4. theisokogirl

May 12, 2015 at 11:33 am

Life isn’t scripted,blessings come in different ways…Such cute boyss

5. Abena Dadzie

May 12, 2015 at 11:33 am

God is really the Ultimate Master Planner of our life’s, dear God bless you and your family…. Congratulation!!!!!

6. Damilola

May 12, 2015 at 11:36 am

ur story is amazing! u pictures blew me off! u guys r a hot couple… after twins ur body is stl hot lik ds..shuooo! lovely lovely

7. Anon

May 12, 2015 at 11:37 am

Those twins are too cute.

8. baby

May 12, 2015 at 11:40 am

beautiful! God bless ur union,how did u have twins? i need tips.i want twins ooooooooo

9. Missy

May 12, 2015 at 11:44 am

Beautiful family….God bless ur union

10. chukwukadibia

May 12, 2015 at 11:47 am

Congrats people,i finished for greater tomorrow too.

11. Africhic

May 12, 2015 at 11:48 am

Hmmm

12. Efemena Sowho

May 12, 2015 at 11:50 am

Wow!!! #InterestingLoveStory!…God rlly works in mysterious ways!

13. Ani

May 12, 2015 at 11:52 am

Aisosa, what a beautiful name. Truly none is greater than God.

14. Doxa

May 12, 2015 at 11:57 am

That sign na die o!
    I am glad you both are getting married, I am gladder it’s because you both are in love and not just because of the twins. I am gladdest Nancy realised her mistake and asked God for help and I am pretty certain that’s why it’s still ending well.

• tolu

May 13, 2015 at 7:42 am

lmaooo @ ur use of “glad, gladder and gladdest”

15. southernbell

May 12, 2015 at 12:03 pm

lol i laugh in spanish

16. stella

May 12, 2015 at 12:03 pm

And Bella Naija is it everything u term as “EPIC” love story haba…. i read and i didnt see Epic i saw that u can have a baby before a wedding and it would still be amazing those boys are cute

17. Ada Nnewi

May 12, 2015 at 12:06 pm

This made me cry…both parties are committed to themselves and faced they faced their fears together…

18. funke

May 12, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Wow . lovely family. i so love twins. wish to av a pair soon.

19. vivian

May 12, 2015 at 12:10 pm

HUBBYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
    stop wasting time!!!!
    locate me ooooooo or better yet, stop hiding so that i can locate you oooooo.
    i haff tried ooooooo!!!!!!

20. Zee

May 12, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Oh my gosh!!! First, these two are a gorgeous pair. Second, their boys are so handsome. Third, I’m so glad she had to keep the pregnancy. For some odd reason this story touched me and I can only imagine how difficult it was for her to make the final decision of having the babies. I’m in medical school myself and I know for sure that being pregnant and in medical school is not such an awesome combination. I’m a firm believer that our life events shape us into who we are. Bottom line is I love what they portray to have. It’s really beautiful..

21. Grown Woman

May 12, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Awww beautiful couple and babies..wishing you a HML

22. peo

May 12, 2015 at 12:12 pm

This is my story and I had twins too a boy and girl though

23. brown-ice

May 12, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Gosh! The boys plus the couple are every shade of cute and awesomeness. I tap into their blessing jare

24. chinenye

May 12, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Gods ways are far from our ways and our thots far from his thots. God works in mysterious ways he uses the foolish things of this world to conform the wise. congrats to you I have always wanted twin boys i key into ur blessing stay blessed.

25. Darcy

May 12, 2015 at 12:28 pm

This is beautiful.

26. LudnyLily

May 12, 2015 at 12:31 pm

OMG! Love your story. We have the same birthday and Congratulations!

27. Phoebe

May 12, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Beautiful story.. I’m glad everything turned out right.. Aisosa girl, your boys are cuuute.

God bless your union

28. Flourish

May 12, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Thank God, you had your twins, they so cute!! God bless your home , thanks for sharing this story. Alot of people go through this and i hope this will encourage someone to hold on no matter what

29. gwen

May 12, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Awwwwww…thanks for sharing and pursuing your goals despite the “miraculous” set back.

30. God Bless you

May 12, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Lovely story, God bless you and your home.

31. @edDREAMZ

May 12, 2015 at 12:51 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    Money played a big role in this marriage though….. Long and lasting marriage is all i wish yu both though….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Ebony

May 12, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Money? Are you that hungry?

• The happy one

May 12, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Seriously hungry, his comments are always off

32. Annie Mbz

May 12, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Wow! may God bless your union dearie, your boys rock.

33. Fifi

May 12, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I cant stop crying just a beautiful love story

34. Ebony

May 12, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Aisosa boy and Aisosa girl, lol. I have friends like that Ope boy, Ope girl; Omonye black, Omonye yellow, haha.
    Love their love and their story. While I’m against sex before marriage, abortion and all that (who am I to judge), their story is too real. Like it’s the reality that happens out there, so someone might be inspired in obvious and less obvious ways.
    Too cute.
    God bless you guys, your union and family

35. ACE

May 12, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Wow! Nice and romantic can’t wait for the wedding pictures

36. lady in texas

May 12, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Thank you for being so open. I know you probably had a lot of anguish over society and family stigma, but you were able to take the test to a testimony. Blessings on your union. Xoxo

37. omooba

May 12, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Hmmm….anyway, Congratulations on your wedding 🙂

38. simplylegal

May 12, 2015 at 1:12 pm

awwwwwwwww. This is just too sweet. Imagine if u had aborted those charming boys! Oh lord I want 2 twin boys …. It will be granted in Jesus name.

Lol @ur dads response. “That is what happens when u are disobedient to your parents” That got me laughing. In all, I am happy that your parents and his were supportive all through! I can see he was also supportive with 5 months belle he carry u go Dubai to top it up. Lol Carry Go nothing do u jere. Lol

39. CHIOMA EZE

May 12, 2015 at 1:14 pm

this is a very interesting and motivating story.

40. Osasodia1

May 12, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Awwwww…twins…so lovely #ilovetwins. Congrats dear Aisosa’s, God is the ultimate master planner indeed. May God’s will ever ever be with u all IJN, amen.

41. NEWSCRIB.NET

May 12, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Hmmm

42. Chizzy

May 12, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Cute boys
    Oh God bless me with twins!
    Amen!

43. social media

May 12, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Wow. beautiful Love story. I love twins and I hope to have twins some day . As I already have a little girl. May God continue to strengthen your union.

44. Feyi Jacobs

May 12, 2015 at 1:37 pm

The story sounds so real,i love you lady for the courage you took in not doing the abortion.Your twin boys are the most amazing gift God has given you,take care of them.No BN bride has ever mentioned having sex before marriage,Ofcourse more than 50% of us were or are uninvolve in pre-marital sex.God forgive me/us though,pls bless me with adorable kids like this be it girl or boy.Thank you for coming out clean

45. kole

May 12, 2015 at 1:40 pm

i love that she was so honest about her feelings at every stage. over holy wenje judgemental peeps please keep your comments to yourself. AISOSA boy and girl, God bless your home!

46. mrs chidukane

May 12, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Hmmm, I read this story with mixed feelings. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and your lovely babies. I really appreciate your honesty and candor. Cheers

47. annamarie

May 12, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Such a beautiful and honest story…….. God’s ways are not our ways.

48. Bolu's Babe

May 12, 2015 at 2:00 pm

She is gorgeous. I can relate to her story. It seemed so real, unadulterated, unfiltered. I am also currently in a long distance relationship and IT IS SOOO HARD. But, the only think keeping me sane is that i loovvve him like crazy and we are engaged. Her twins are adorable. i want twins too.

Congratulations and thank you for being so real with your story.

49. Nonamespls

May 12, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Congratulations and you look
    Spanking hawt for a mum
    Of two young boys.

50. Manny

May 12, 2015 at 2:28 pm

God’s ways are not our ways

51. Seme

May 12, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Wow I am so proud of you. This is a very inspiring story. So happy for you and your family. May God continue to guide you and your family

52. wagamama

May 12, 2015 at 2:32 pm

53. soviet

May 12, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Fasting for marital direction and sleeping with a guy you are dating sounds very antithetical to me. How do you even intend to hear ‘No'(if that was God’s will) when you have bonded with the guy body and soul?
    All the same,thank God for His unconditional love. God bless your union. You guys look perfect. I love your boys!

• nestradamus

May 12, 2015 at 3:33 pm

GOD said “In all things (all things!!!!) through prayer and thanksgiving we should make our supplications known to HIM.” all things i repeat. so even as you are judging her, know that GOD has already given us an open invitation to come to HIM even in such circumstances.

• soviet

May 12, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Please Nestra…… don’t come playing that ‘judge-not’ card now. God is never double standard. She even admitted she made a mistake. Some people may think because hers ended that way, it’s a free-for-all. I had to make that statement to remind people if you want God’s direction on your situation, you have to be uncompromising.
      God said ‘in all things’ means you are also free to pray to God for a successful armed robbery operation right? You remind me of 2Tim 4:3-4
      Please don’t dilute the word of God to suit your personal objectives.

• Bae

May 13, 2015 at 5:55 am

She was not judging her. What she said is the plain truth and it is a lesson to those who want to seek God before choosing a life partner. If you sleep with the man/woman before praying to God and you don’t repent of that sin of fornication, when you go to prayer, you cannot hear God clearly again as you have gone against his Laws and God doesn’t bend his rules for anybody. Even if you get any answer, the answer will be according to the idol of your heart as you have already joined yourself to that person in spirit by having sexual intercourse.

People need to stop pulling the judgmental card, the truth will always be the truth. I’m not a saint but any truth that’ll put me back on the path of righteousness when i stray, i’ll gladly accept.

• Abena

May 12, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I know right…that line there threw me off and THAT is the mistake most single ladies make!They would be saying they are asking for signs and directions yet be sinning against God!
      Best believe that God’s spirit is not in that relationship!When you willfully sin against his directives,you have insulted the holy spirit.Hebrews 10:26-29

PS:They are a glam looking couple yea

• Ktemi

May 12, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Hi Abena,
      I do agree with the first part of what you said and obviously our God is a God of principles. Pre-marital sex is wrong no matter how romantic we make it look and can create unnecessary complications as this couple have seen but if you repent n change, God and His Spirit can still be in your relationship or marriage.

One thing my pastor said @ marital counselling was that even if u marry the “wrong person”; once u are married, he/she is now the right person and u just have to work through ur issues. Obviously if he’s not a Christian, makes it difficult to expect him to do things the godly way but those are consequences of our actions

• sexy o

May 12, 2015 at 5:28 pm

God bless you soviet. your comment deserved a million likes

• ngozi

May 12, 2015 at 5:41 pm

i agree with you soviet, please don’t bash soviet for highlighting something, soviet is not judging just pointing out the fact. lovely couple and lovely babies, wish them all the best. everybody has different grace so lets ask God to lead us. Children are a gift from God so am glad their family came together.

• Aj

May 12, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Yea that’s it unconditional love! As well as kindness, goodness, and the list of His endless qualities goes on. Funny I had a thought along this line today, how in the bible Paul says in 1corinth5:9(NLT) “when I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin…..I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer, yet indulges in sexual sin (and all the other sins he listed there, That are also as bad) don’t even eat with such people”. And he goes on in verse 12 to say ” it isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it is certainly your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning” this passage of scripture convicted the hell out of me (literally) like I’ve been deceiving myself all this while, had one leg in the church and sleeping with my ex and asking God to change him lol! How ignorant I was. No wonder the people around me were not growing. But God was still good to me and faithful, another passage of scripture says does it mean we should keep sinning so God’s grace shall abound? Certainly not. What I got from her story was that God was still a good God regardless of her sin, and she is grateful to Him for that (and I’m glad she acknowledged that their act was a sin, and she didn’t want use another sin to cover up sin, and it’s hard for people to own up these days, they would rather boast about it because everyone around them is doing it) now does it mean people should keep indulging in sexual sin? No! That sin clouds your judgement physically and spiritually. The fact it worked out now for her (while her story is still being written) doesn’t mean it will work out for you. People who fornicate, or get married to someone who did without repentance will have problems with adultery in their marriage. Marriage doesn’t come with discipline attached to it. Fornication and adultery work hand in hand. Same spirit manifesting in different stages. So let us not keep indulging in sin, and practice self control and live pure lives for God while we are still single. That is best gift we can give God and our spouses. Marriage has a lot of issues, because it involves two people from two different backgrounds trying to live as one. Let’s not add adultery to the mix. Flee from all sexual sin and turn to God. Many may say what of others that did it and are still happily married? Well you don’t know what convictions they have in their heart, and what goes on behind closed doors. Romans 11:22 (NLT) says “Notice how God is both kind and severe, He is severe toward those of you who disobeyed”. So let’s stop quoting just the first line of Matthew 7, (Because of our own guilt) and work on ourselves first so we can see clearly, and help each other out, and also grow and mature, and live our lives for God. Im Just addressing those in the church, the world will never understand.

• Carliforniabawlar

May 12, 2015 at 8:26 pm

If I’ll be completely honest, I’m starting to believe premarital sex is not a sin o! maybe it’s just to protect us from STDs and harder heartbreaks….else, how God go take use belle as a sign for person? I know it usually doesn’t work out for most people, in fact, that belle will be the sign for the bros to dump your blackass…but maybe…just maybe there are no hard and fast rules (sins)… #shrugs

p.s. I know I’m usually sarcastic…this is not one of such times.

54. Anna

May 12, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I loved the honesty in this story.. it’s not everyday that you see such honesty from couples… May your days together continue to go from strength to strength and may you continue to grow in God’s love together.

55. foxy

May 12, 2015 at 3:07 pm

This is the best live story ever published on Bella Naija. Thank you.

• Carliforniabawlar

May 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Oh really?? this is the ABSOLUTE best???

Ok now, walking my single behind back to the kitchen to toast bread in my George Foreman grill……
      Asodun no go kill una.

• Duchess Maria

May 12, 2015 at 5:38 pm

It’s her opinion though.

• uberLad

May 12, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Lmao! Cbawlar…..! Gurl, u haven’t seen it all. BN commenters and their over-hype.

• Iris

May 12, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Hahahaaha! Please what is ‘asodun’? It doesn’t sound flattering.

56. Princess Lulu

May 12, 2015 at 3:29 pm

lol…she is too cute,just by the way she put her words together….I often wonder if all bellanaija brides just had perfect love stories before finally getting hitched…they dont mention no babies,no struggle…just always perfect fairytales…..i just love her story,real stuff#Cute Twins#blessings

57. oy

May 12, 2015 at 3:29 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..adorable twins

58. Blessing

May 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm

This story fits mine as well. I’m glad she shared hers. I just want people to know that if this is not of God it may not end this way. So do not take this as a reason to do it her way.
    Like her my now husband resided in London. Unlike her it was predicted that I’ll get pregnant for him before marriage and there’s nothing I can do about it and that’s how God wants it. I questioned it because of my whole no premarital sex belief. No I’m not a virgin but had made a commitment because of my newly found relationship with God to not have sex before marriage. I said why will God now want this path that I was against for me? Long story short, after six mths of constant LD communications, he flew down to the US and proposed to Me in his 2mths trip but alas after he was gone I found out I was pregnant. Chai confusion and panick started. I’m educated and highly influential in my society. I was pressuring myself based on my status, morals, standards, culture even though the whole world knew I was engaged and we had set this December for wedding, I just didn’t like the whole preggers before marriage idea.
    But God’s ways are not our ways and his thoughts are not ours. With little support from family and in less than two mths we pulled off one of the most amazing intimate wedding that is still talked about till today. A lot of challenges in between planning but we did it. We are happily in love and married.
    It was later told to us this was God’s plan for us to Shame our adversaries who delayed marriage for both of us and ultimately will not want me pregnant. God’s mercy on us endureth forever. I’m glad I trusted him through it all and shut down rumor mongers, judgemental friends, societal pressures because when it comes to the Lord I serve there is no Human rule that can stand in the ways He ordained. I end by saying don’t follow our footsteps unless ordained by God you may just be set up by Satan’s trickish ways to destruction.
    Talk to God about the steps you are about to take . Marriage is not a joke. Avoid premarital sex if you can, play it safe if you can’t. Ask God for strength and vision. Our unique story may not be for you so be wise and hold fast to your God.

• platinumD

May 12, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Sorry, lemme get u. It was said you will get pregnant? Who said?
      Then he came back, and he left, then you found out you were pregnant? How? Immaculate conception?
      Because sister, if you consciously spread your legs for him and got pregnant, don’t mock our faith with this your super-story.

Aisosa darl, thank God for His mercies. Glad you admitted your mistake and moved on. Your family is blessed.
      To all: Pls do the right thing still. Aisosa may just be one of the lucky few.

• Keke

May 12, 2015 at 5:35 pm

“it was predicted that you will get pregnant for him before marriage? Hmm na wa. who predicted that? and you dared to say that God ordained the fact that you had premarital sex? Hmm. God’s word is ever sure, true, pure and has no double standard. We all fall short and when we do, we confess our sins, repent and move on in the faith. Just admit that you had sex before marriage and keep it moving instead of trying to justify your pre-marital sex by saying God ordained it. God forbid. Please if that isnt blasphemy, i dont know what is.

• Dee

May 12, 2015 at 7:19 pm

What have you people turned God into? You people are the ones that make atheists have a whole lot to say. Who predicted that you will be pregnant before marriage? Did this prediction come from the same God that expressly forbade fornication all over the bible? You people should stop making sin fashionable. We are all sinners yes but please stop this! Stop making it okay to a God who has said its not okay!!!!

• platinumD

May 12, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Wait, sorry lemme get this. They said you had to get pregnant? Who said?
      He came back, left, then you discovered you were pregnant. How? Immaculate conception?
      Cos sister, if you consciously spread your legs and got pregnant, please don’t mock our faith with this your super-story.
      God can never tell you to disobey His word just so He can achieve a thing. He even said heaven and earth can pass away but not His word.
      Either you were deceived with that ‘prophecy’ or you just failed the attempt to deceive us with this your ‘testimony’.

• Rose

May 12, 2015 at 7:46 pm

With the utmost due respect Blessing, I would encourage you to spend more time in bible study. Believe me God is not in the game of ‘shaming’ anyone, rather restoring everyone back to him. My darling don’t let anyone fool you. There is nothing called ‘delayed marriage’ the Lord is sovereign he will provide at the right time. We all have different stories, it is important that we trust the Lord for our own story.

Getting married is not our identity being of good character is. Thank you for sharing your story.

• Doxa

May 12, 2015 at 8:53 pm

My dear the predicter of your destiny was a false prophet period! God’s word does not lie and God is not a confusionist. Pregnancy before marriage as a result of fornication can NEVER be God’s will for a christian. Is God impotent that He cannot give children to you after marriage? The fact that you still believe that prediction as God’s will up till now is disturbing. Be happy you got the marriage you wanted, but please stop painting a wrong picture of God’s nature and learn to test all spirits if they are from God, don’t just believe anything any so called man of God says, these are the end times.

• Ogochukwu

May 12, 2015 at 9:03 pm

I am also in a LDR, and I can relate to most of the things you have said. I always feel extra pressure, and extra mushy whenever we are together, once in two months average. I would however disagree with the fact that it is Gods plan or will for one to get pregnant before marriage no matter the circumstance. I am still a virgin, and I haven’t kissed my guy yet (I have nothing against kissing, just our personal goal, till we are engaged)
      It sounds wierd, but God has opened my mind to many ways of being intimate and yet pure without carnal knowledge of each other. Its a journey for both of us, and we made a vow to keep ourselves pure. Its hard, so hard sometimes but its not impossible, its not optional (for christians) as you have stated ‘ if you can do, if you can’t play safe’.
      The fact that the story here, and yours turned out for good only shows how merciful God really is whenever we run back to him, and is not a license to take premarital sex lightly.
      I am really happy for aisosa boy and girl, God definitely has a way of bringing out the best in everything that seems like a negativity.
      To couples out there no matter how we see it’s possible to stay pure through courtship, don’t get inspired by this story in the wrong way.
      Cheers and Happy married life… Aisosas.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

May 13, 2015 at 11:18 am

I’m also befuddled at the Christian advice – i.e. “If you can, do. If you can’t, play it safe”,

That’s pretty much the same as me telling a brother suffering from lack and who wants to consider stealing, “If you can, manage with the little you have. If you can’t, make sure you don’t get caught”. How can any of that be truly Christian advice? Honestly, the church has become completely confused.

My apologies to the couple featured in this post because your page has now been diverted from its original purpose. I pray that your union will find Divine Favor and God’s Holy Spirit will truly be the 3rd Chord which binds you together.

@ogochukwu – when you speak of an intimacy which you got to realize by revelation, are you able to share a little more about it? I think that more than a Christians will be interested to know more. You can even write an article if you want. If BN won’t publish it, please let me know at [email protected] and we can talk about usjng another forum I’m part of.

• oj

May 12, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Excuse me, it is God’s plan for u to disobey his commandments regarding sex? Did u seriously write this? Whoever told u that? U honestly think God is one to be mocked?
      Most people today are not Christians, they are merely churchgoers who disobey God’s law, give thanks when something good comes out of it and call anyone who had the courage to tell them the truth ‘judgemental’.
      Kindly remember that when David and Bathsheba sinned against God, although God forgave them and even gave Bathsheba the privilege of being the queen-mother (her son Solomon became king although he wasn’t the oldest of David’s sons) and of being the ancestress of our Lord Jesus Christ, they also suffered the consequences of their actions.

• Laura

May 12, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Please can I send you a mail? Marriage is getting a but delayed and I am wondering how you managed throughout this period?

• Deetyn

May 12, 2015 at 9:30 pm

We got prophesy too! ….that God would do something wonderful for us, to pray certain times etc…yes, God does work in mysterious ways . At 31, n a broken engagement. My morale was low, but I held on. And I was a youth leader too….long story short, met my hubby a week after my birthday and 7 months later we were married, n baby in another 6 months! Challenges, oh yeah, but God’s mercy and grace kept us, n still keeps us! And two more babies after, we are still strong n basking in God’s love. Just pray for God’s will, not everyone will have the same journey. Face yours and try not to judge others. We had a very small intimate wedding, and a lot of ppl were annoyed. Someone even said we should come for special ‘prayers’ in order to avoid miscarriage , not knowing I was far gone bcos my bump was so small. And to God’s glory I never suffered any with all my pregnancies..Not everybody wishes you well. But with God on our side, they can do nothing. God prepares a banquet for us whilst our enemies watch helplessly!

• Ktemi

May 12, 2015 at 11:30 pm

I am sorry but God never change contradict his Word. Maybe what they meant was you should be careful as you could fal into fornication which is easy to do esp in a long distance relationship, it doesn’t mean it is right. Obviously, it’s good u did the right things after and I admire ur courage but let’s be clear on God’s stand and not confuse others

59. minnie

May 12, 2015 at 4:13 pm

So so beautiful……

60. minnie

May 12, 2015 at 4:15 pm

The mum is sexy..

61. Noms

May 12, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Wow,this story is soooo real and thanks for sharing.
    The grace of God is available always especially in time of need. HE said we should come boldly…
    GRACE…doesn’t mean you should continue in sin or didn’t sin but it simply means GOD DIDN’T see it. HE decided not to allow our sins derail HIS plans for us.
    I’m glad you sort HIS help after all.
    Pastors in the house, EVERYTHING has been paid for on the CROSS, don’t try to pay twice because you nor go fit sef.
    So make we continue in sin, the WORD says GOD FORBID …GOD is the one who gives us the power to WILL and to DO, so cast all your shortcomings on HIM and HE alone will take care of them not you.
    Aisosa boy and girl, may your home be blessed BTW,Aisosa girl, you look hot.*winks*
    #Ilovetwins
    #Iwanttwins
    #dearfuturehubbycomeforth

62. A

May 12, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Finally i have my answers too, fight ends today! lols

63. @humblehenry

May 12, 2015 at 4:33 pm

A wonderful story! bundle of joy and happiness. May God continue to bless your home, and may His undying love be upon your family. Amen! i tap into your blessings.

64. TripleA

May 12, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Wow what a wonderful story.

Disappointing our families and ourselves is one of the hardest things in life. I don’t know you guys but I am so thrilled that you guys walked the difficult path together and came out on the other side wiser and stronger. What an example, what a testimony, I absolutely love it. Life is definitely not a fairy tale, it is sooooo much better that. All the fear, confusion, uncertainty are gone. Now there is only love! 🙂

May the Lord continue to bless your home Aisosa squared.

65. MMJ

May 12, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Beautiful family.

66. MMJ

May 12, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Lovely couples and kids

67. ihedinma

May 12, 2015 at 4:54 pm

i wanted to ask a question to the lovely author. You and your hubby lived in different countries? I live in a different state from my hubby. We are newly married and it is so hard. We work in different states here in Nigeria and because we need the extra income, i cant quit. How do you manage? i am always miserable when we are apart and everyone thinks the relationship wont last because of distance. I need opinions and help…. Please. Is there anyone in this situation?

• Keke

May 12, 2015 at 5:48 pm

I am not in your situation but i think that because you are apart means that the times you get to spend together will be extra special. Always ensure that those days, weeks together are so good that the thought of the next meeting time will help alleviate what ever pain you feel when you are apart.. Thankfully you are in the 21st century so invest in wifis, data plans, skype and video calls. But honestly, you or your hubby need to look at having relocation plans as this will not be sustainable in the long run especially when kids come in.

• Fife

May 12, 2015 at 6:28 pm

@ihedinma,
      I am in the same situation, my hubby lives in Canada and I live in the UK and we’ve been married 2yrs now, the distance can be frustrating most times but one thing I will always capitalize on is communication… It is very important, we talk every single day! And trust is an important thing… Keeps you going. Lastly never worry about what he does in your absence but focus on how he treats you when you’re together. It works for me, and pls pray pray pray for your marriage and family, that one is the Koko! God bless you 🙂

• author

May 12, 2015 at 10:22 pm

author May 12, 2015 at 10:21 pm
      @ ihedinma its not easy living apart but this distance is temporary for now because u and your spouse are working hard to be finically stable for the future of you kids. Do not let anyone make you feel like it is not going to work out because u live apart after all its not like it is going to be permanent. plus when you two are in a better place finically by God’s grace you can move in together. Just always remind yourself that its temporary when u feel down and speak to friends or family who will encourage you and if you don’t have encouraging people around you talk to God to help amend this distance quickly because its is not his will for husband and wife to live apart. In the meantime, Just make sure you visit each other often and communicate regularly. Communication is very important thats what really helped me with the distance. I spoke to him more than most people who live with their husbands do lol.

• ihedinma

May 21, 2015 at 3:17 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded, I am grateful for all the advice. I will put it all in practice. God will always make a way where there seems to be no way. Again thanks for responding. I really needed someone to talk to.

• kay

May 13, 2015 at 10:11 am

My dear, I have been there hubby in lag and I in abj. it’s has not been easy but God will help you. He relocated after 4 years and we are together and very very in love. Yours will not take that long GOD will sort you out. Kpele e-hugs

• babygl

July 15, 2015 at 3:11 pm

This LDR thing is not easy oh. My parents have been married for about 27 years and they hv spent the better part of 20 years in different countries, I dnt know how they do it but I know that they do not joke with communication; they tell each other everything. Me i have been in a relationship for almost 6 years now… we have spent about 3 yrs LDR, 2 years wer we practically lived together and 1 year of being in the same city but being too busy to spend enough time. its hard

68. redbloom

May 12, 2015 at 5:33 pm

thank you for telling the truth. You have inspired people to keep going. Long distance, pregnancy before marriage while being a medical student is a HUGE challenge. May God bless you and your family. Thank you again for sharing your story.

69. chi-e-z

May 12, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Lol … be careful what you pray for… I <3 kids and those two look like adorable monsters. The type that'll write all over your walls by the time you get back into the room and give you that innocent what are you looking @ me 4. you know u luv me look… that they know u just can't resist 😀 This is good news can't believe she was scared to tell her dad. my dad would be so elated he's always asking when I'll provide him wit a grandchild and he knows I'm anti marraige. Please don't ever be scared to tell Nigerian parents u r preggo after u're 22 cause secretly they can't wait 2 be grand parents. Good luck with motherhood and marriage 🙂

70. mj

May 12, 2015 at 5:59 pm

I love your story Nancy, so real, everything is so real

71. tutu

May 12, 2015 at 7:13 pm

I see Nollywood producers taking notes…

72. tosan

May 12, 2015 at 7:14 pm

wow.. thanks for this as not everyone open up with stories like this as most of us pretend to be a sait..this is really good

73. Ola

May 12, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Am newly wed too n DH lives in diff country just like u we need the extra income for now …. My point is don’t allow anyone put negative ideas in ur head I knw a lot of colleague that lives in diff country n state from there hubby and the r still married .. Remember u guys will not live separate for ever …. Marriage is a work in progress even for people living together …

74. wen

May 12, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I just love them…

75. Yemi

May 12, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Wow. I can appreciate honesty sha. This girl kept it real. Do you know how many so called christains are having premarital sex and claiming virgins. All of u with judgemental tones abeg waka far. I just cannot stand the way Nigerians are so quick to judge. I cannot stand “church minded” folks. What about the other so called “small sins” you commit on a daily basis. Ride on girl and thanks for keeping it real. You have touched so many by sharing your story with honesty. I am sure someone out there might be contemplating an abortion and will prolly change their minds thanks to your story. And your twins are so gorg. Your family is so beautiful. I wish you a happy married life.

• imey

May 13, 2015 at 5:51 am

Loool. Is there no newer defense your likes can ever bring forward, if not pointing at ‘small sins and calling people judges’? (You all need to check up the definition of that word ‘judge’)
      Lemme clear it up. That I sin doesn’t excuse your sin. If you see me do something wrong, feel free to identify it and correct me.
      But I won’t see wrong and call it right just so I won’t be a ‘judge’. That is the real hypocrisy.
      If a kidnapper is caught, you come out to condemn what the person did out rightly. But once it involves sex, the person should be left alone cos everybody sins. Do you hear yourself?

76. kole

May 12, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Cuteness overload. Glad things worked out

77. *Real* Nice Anon

May 12, 2015 at 10:06 pm

LOL! The comments all sound like we’re in a crusade back in Nigeria. Hian!

• nicer anon

May 13, 2015 at 6:05 am

Yes ooo! Cos not every one is carried away by picture-perfect stories.
      Reality;we are expected to do right. That’s what the ‘crusaders’ are here to encourage us for

78. Mary

May 12, 2015 at 10:34 pm

She is so beautiful….I love her twins!!! WOW…God is good.

79. Giselle K

May 12, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Congratulations again, Nancy. Your openness is commendable.

80. deni

May 12, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Beautiful and courageous story by Aisosa. Those boys are soooooo cute!!!
    I do have an issue though because I didn’t see anywhere in the story you saying you asked God for forgiveness for getting involved in premarital sex, especially since you write as though you were a practicing Christian before you married. Fornication is a sin no matter how much we want to casualise it. I can definitely relate to your story as I also got pregnant the first time I had sex with my fiance . He( now my husband) , in the confusion and suddeness of it all wanted an abortion, because his parents would have super disappointed, but I couldn’t add more sins to the plate- unfortunately though, I did lose the baby as I had a blighted ovum. We have two awesome kids now and have maintained a great relationship, but mehn, that whole episode really shook my core.
    I’m definitely not judging, but talking about going back to God to ask for forgiveness for involving in premarital sex would have made the story more complete.
    Keep the faith dear. God bless us all

81. ibi

May 12, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Wonder God

82. posh

May 12, 2015 at 11:58 pm

Am so so happy for you darling!may God continue to stay with you and you household,may His goodness and joy never cease in your home ijn amen!!1

83. Sunny

May 13, 2015 at 12:35 am

Aisosa Boy & Girl lol, thank you for sharing your story. I can’t imagine how afraid you might have been. 97% of women would have aborted their babies if they were in the same situation, born again Christians or not. I thank God that ultimately, you did the right thing. May God bless you & your family.

84. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

May 13, 2015 at 2:06 am

I LOVE HOW SHE KEPT THE STORY REAL/PUMP N PLAIN. IT SHOULD INSPIRE OTHERS………….GOD BLESS YOUR HOME.

85. kems

May 13, 2015 at 3:26 am

Hmmm…. while im truly happy for you I would also say thank GOD for his GRACE and MERCIES which he makes available for us all everyday

86. teebimbs

May 13, 2015 at 6:21 am

I was down today and your story has inspired me. Can totally relate, cos i’m in a long distance relationship and expecting twin boys. Hope they are as cute as yours. 🙂

87. aderin

May 13, 2015 at 8:14 am

Most of The commenters on this blog are so mature…I lyk the part where they were scolded and still encouraged…The story made me cry cos I could just Picture the whole thing in my head

88. Eje

May 13, 2015 at 8:47 am

I want my husband soon! I want twin boys soon! Dear Lord….

89. FinchleysFinest

May 13, 2015 at 9:01 am

I will not read this now…till Im back home in bed …. The pictures are lovely..

The MUST for my pre-wedding photoshoot. Yes!± FinchleysFinest is single…

Nice!

90. Tosin

May 13, 2015 at 9:20 am

1. nice posture on her. great back.
    2. they’re definitely friends, plenty energy in their shots.
    3. hope they remember to shag a lot lol, cos they’ve got the Chemistry, life is short, and it’s way better than fighting. hehehe.
    4. see as the boys carry their papa head. just kidding. God bless them all.

91. Clara

May 13, 2015 at 9:54 am

Just on the last sentence, tears dropped from my eyes. May God seal your union and bless your family.

92. iMA

May 13, 2015 at 10:43 am

Epic! This is so touching. Lady keep thanking God for the husband you have. Enjoy your life, God has made it beautiful and it will continually be so.

93. jumii

May 13, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I think he’s referring to the fact that they were both blessed enough to fly between continents to keep in touch. It could have turned out a lot differently if the money wasn’t there you know.

94. Glorya

May 13, 2015 at 1:57 pm

This is soooo beautiful, am so touched by this story, God is really the Author and finisher of our Faith.

95. Jollie

May 13, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Most of you quoting the Bible are all having premarital sex, so sister/brother shut up and take a seat behind… Need I say that’s even how your parents conceived some of you (you know yourselves) So who the hell are you to judge! Anyway God bless their union and I can’t help but notice how Nancy’s breast is so on point ?

• Pitt

May 13, 2015 at 8:58 pm

hehehehe….here we go again. Yet another ‘judge pointer’.
      ‘most of you quoting the Bible are having premarital sex…?’ Really? And you know that because?
      Save for your pettiness, you made no valid point. Apparently, the ‘judges’ did speak the truth(i’m sorry it was too bitter for you to handle)
      So Jollie dear, between the ‘judges’ and you, it’s clear who needs to shut up.

• Bella

May 14, 2015 at 6:56 pm

You see how bitter you are? Lmaoo… She is speaking the truth and you know it so foh!

96. lily brown

May 13, 2015 at 5:44 pm

awww feeling tears, i so love this story. sooooooooooooo romantic

97. Ochouba Chidinma

May 19, 2015 at 1:58 pm

God is the Master Planner!! …….btw, I LOVE TWINS (BOYS) OOOO!!…Babies are Cute!