News

Secret Recording Leaks of John Fashanu Making Claims of Planting False Stories about Estranged Wife Abigail Igwe

John-and-Abigail-FashanuIf you have been following the story of John Fashanu and Abigail Igwe in the media then you know it has made even international headlines (click here if you missed it).

In a new twist, and according to a leaked audio recording of a conversation between John Fashanu and a friend to his estranged wife, Abigail Igwe, most of the stories that have been in the media about their marriage and Abigail Igwe being called a lesbian, violent and greedy have been planted by John Fashanu.

In the audio recording a male voice identified as John Fashanu and a female voice identified as a common friend to both John and Abigail are deep in conversation about the stories that have been circulating in the media.

The voice allegedly belonging to John Fashanu can be heard making claims of being world famous, having the media in his pocket and as his friends and having the media protect his interest.

Listen to the audio recording below.

1. pissed

May 13, 2015 at 9:12 am

Pls! Who are you two and what’s our biz with all this? Get married. Get divorced do whatever u like. No need for the stories. If u are not interested in your marriage divorce…no need to explain anything on the media… Who cares?

2. ivyleague

May 13, 2015 at 9:15 am

quite sad if this is true….

3. Kemmie

May 13, 2015 at 9:21 am

I don’t even know whose side of the story to believe between both of them. I hope the settle their difference

4. Hurpeyeahmie

May 13, 2015 at 9:24 am

Issokay, Make i find grab popcorn with cold chapman dey wait for comments after what bellanaijarians did with freeze’s issue i am sure this will be interesting too

• Wale

May 13, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Chapman…boy, do I miss it. your mentioning it is the only thing worthwhile on this page…the rest is just drama,drama; a grandma and her has been husband who thinks he is still relevant; her married friend who just outed herself as having an extra marital affair and didn’t have the common sense to delete that part and most importantly, needs to learn how to speak the English language properly.

5. Lol

May 13, 2015 at 9:30 am

All I can say is (in naija lingo) God don catch am…:-)

6. Fashthebash

May 13, 2015 at 9:33 am

Fash the Bash!!!!!! #Control!!!!

7. Chizzy

May 13, 2015 at 9:44 am

I’m not taking sides but eeeeh this man is so proud.
    I’ve been all over the world, I’ve travelled far and wide, I’ve worked with top media houses all over the world, I pay these guys 100k a month to be on my side blah blah blah phew!!!£
    Both of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves, you both have failed twice in your various married lifes mbok stop spreading your dirty linen in public.
    Ndi nzuzu.

8. Lea

May 13, 2015 at 9:45 am

This is messy and needs to stop. I know there are so many families going through problems, I don’t need to see adeze yobo’s mum or fash and have this image in my head. With today’s media once information goes out it can never be taken back.

9. prince

May 13, 2015 at 9:46 am

Their problem. #may29onmymind

10. U C

May 13, 2015 at 9:59 am

I’m an English man, when I speak people listen.
    BBC and CCN have been calling me to grant them interviews about how bad my wife treated me Lol this man can brag for life.
    If you pay media houses every month to write good stuffs about you then you ain’t living right.
    You gat skeletons.

11. La'Shonda Balogun

May 13, 2015 at 10:04 am

This is just sad. If its true, he has truly been exposed. Shame on him.

12. Tosin

May 13, 2015 at 10:09 am

wow, that’s devilish stuff.

13. ore

May 13, 2015 at 10:33 am

It’s ur funneral!

14. Ada Nnewi

May 13, 2015 at 10:55 am

This man is just plain creepy and nasty, his reputation for debauchery is already widespread so I need not say more…

15. RIFF RAFF

May 13, 2015 at 11:12 am

Why is it that men nowadays behave more and more like women? Always bitching about trivial stuff, always running their mouths, always preying on women who can baby them and cater to their financial needs while they lazy around forming fine boy with with madam’s cars and borrowed designer stuff, with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to their name. These trophy toy-boys are just something else. First Freeze, now this one.
    Adaeze, learn from all this and do your best to make your own marriage work. Joseph may be generous, but he’s not the tolerant type. AND PLEASE ADA, even if u still in school, collect brain and start thinking of how to start having your own and investing for your kids. One never knows tomorrow….and men can be so unpredictable at times. Good luck and God bless your boys.

16. Anon

May 13, 2015 at 11:25 am

BN,

I take it Fash doesn’t pay you guys to protect his image then?

17. Ebony

May 13, 2015 at 11:56 am

I wanted to comment but I don’t know where to start from 🙁
    ….so I didn’t comment, haha

18. nene

May 13, 2015 at 1:12 pm

why is the woman trying so hard to say “abigail is not a lesbian” . why is that her major concern? is she her lesbian partner? mschew

19. bimz

May 13, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Whoever recorded this conversation & posted it online is a fake friend! Abigail watchout! If she recorded her convo with John, be sure she’s recording her conversations with you. Don’t get comfortable thinking she’s on your side!

20. Nnenna

May 13, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Definitely feel sorry for this woman. Her ex-husband is an extreme narcissist with strong psychopathic traits. When I first read his interview where he claimed that he beat her up, I thought it sounded like spite because his account sounded so ludicrous. But now, definitely convinced this man is a psychopath, I have been in a relationship with one before so I know how soul-destroying and manipulative they can be. Their favorite weapon to intimidate you and break you into submission is public vilification and lies. Abigail, girl, run, Don’t fight. Don’t ask for alimony. Don’t defend your public image. Divorce him, change your number, move, and stay as far away from him as you can.

21. Congratulobia

May 13, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Uhhm, anyway sha, what is the price of Gari these days ????

• Lois

May 15, 2015 at 1:24 am

20naira per Congo hahahahahaha

22. Bruness

May 13, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Whoever recorded this is simply silly! Trying to dig up an already expired washed up scandal. What has she proved now? That Abigail is not a lesbian???? Two adults exposing their dirty laundry in full public.. Lady!! No one cares!!!!!!

23. Bee

May 14, 2015 at 3:25 am

I personally don’t think anything important was said in this recording. First of all, if you take the time to listen again, you’d find out that there were some breaks, which evidently means some parts were altered. If anyone has the knowledge of what celebrities both in and out of the country do to keep their image , then you’d know what John is talking About is a normal thing. Don’t be quick to judge. I know how newspapers cook up silly, sickening and untrue stories so they can make money that sticks the rest of their lives.
    I’m clearly not taking sides because, I don’t its my business to. I feel the need to comment because of some of the comments I have seen on this issue.
    I think the friend that recorded this wassnd is really silly because, I’m almost certain a lot of pple didnt think much of what was said initially, but in claiming to help she has added more fuel to the fire. She really sounds to me like someone who is trying to be a friend at all cost. These kinds of friends are purely dangerous in my own opinion and this is all utter rubbish and bollox . If she’s truly a friend and she isn’t a coward , them she should have released her name!

• Gareth

May 14, 2015 at 1:38 pm

This is clearly John Fashanu speaking or who ever he pays N100,000 to protect his image.

Please shut up already ‘cos you are talking bollocks! your bad reputation is well known here in England and you’re now spreading your shit in Africa. Go away and hide in a hole! Ass hole

24. What Da?

May 14, 2015 at 6:06 pm

I’m a woman and I am siding with John on this one. He did not tell the media to paint a bad picture of her. It’s normal for well known journalist to pay the media to keep their names of the press. Jay Z, P Diddy and other celebs do it. It doesn’t mean that they can pay every outlet especially now that there are fake journalist blogs out there printing stories.
    He sounded sincere when he disclaimed the wrong age and the three years marriage. He has no control over what they write about her.
    Now this friends that recorded this is not only foolish for sounding like an illiterate and ignorant trant, John actually hinted that Abigail is a fake friend to her and that she needed to stay away. lol and her dumb behind still did not take heed probably because of money.
    Out of all the allegations, is it only the lesbian part that distraught her? lol She was going hard in that department and proved nothing. What a waste of private detective investigation of her part. I give her A for empty effort lol