Music

Tiwa Savage & Her Baby Bump Rock the Stage at Maharaja Ball

IMG_4081Mummy-to-be Tiwa Savage looked quite stylish at the recently held Maharaja Ball as she performed on stage in an Indian outfit complete with a sparkly headpiece.

The Mavin artist, who looks just about ready to pop out a little Tunji Balogun Jnr or Tiwa Savage Jnr, sang some of her songs on stage and didn’t let her baby bump stop her from showing off her dance steps.

The event, which had an Indian theme and was held in a bid to raise awareness for people living with Down Syndrome, was attended by Mo Abudu, Nkiru Anumudu, Bola Balogun, Agbani Darego, Dakore Akande and many more.

Check out the photos of Tiwa Savage at the event!

IMG_4055 IMG_4057 IMG_4070 IMG_4085 IMG_4082 IMG_4062 IMG_4066IMG_4095

Photo Credit: Ebenezer Dada for Insigna Media

1. Scared Homosapien

May 12, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Not that dress, please.

• Choc

May 12, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Looks hideous!!!!

• Anon

May 12, 2015 at 3:47 pm

What’s wrong with the dress? The operative term being “Maharaja Ball!”

• ChicAlert!!!

May 15, 2015 at 2:34 pm

It’s obvious both of them don’t know what it means

2. xty

May 12, 2015 at 3:35 pm

looking good…..isokale ayo o!!!!!

3. zinnypearl

May 12, 2015 at 3:37 pm

cool

4. Choc

May 12, 2015 at 3:38 pm

I know that pregnancy isn’t suppose to hinder you from your career, but careers differ and hers is demanding
    Aunty Small small o…. A time like this is suppose to be “Take it Easy” mode
    I sha cant wait for your adorable baby!
    May God continue to strengthen you

• polypoly

May 12, 2015 at 5:15 pm

GURL hush!!!! Tiwa will not be the first or last preggos woman on earth, so why should she be treated special??? do you stop the pregnant mechanic, lawyer, doctor, waitress, teacher or trader in the market and ask them to go and rest?? oh because they are not celebs abi….smh!! Mariah carey flew to Brazil and headlined Fashion Rocks in Rio at 8months preg with twin…chille pls. why must Nigerians always make pregnant women feel destitute???
      This is 2015, women before us did not fight for equality in vain. We are able and we will do wat the hell we wanna, she is not in ur family nor are u her doctor….so mind your bizzwazzz

Tiwa – keep slaying boo!!! show deez girls how to do it. You are a professional entertainer and not a red carpet magnet like some. WERKKKKKK HUNTY!!!

• deo

May 12, 2015 at 7:21 pm

You sound sex starved no man in your life?

5. chinenye

May 12, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Tiwa fine girl. you will deliver like the Hebrew women. love you.

6. binch

May 12, 2015 at 3:45 pm

i love you tiwa baby..
    but i think it’s high time you RESTED!!!…
    you look tired…*flat-slippas performance ish..
    just saying..
    ehen…and that gown!..NEGHI..

7. Medina

May 12, 2015 at 3:52 pm

Tiwa…my dear…while i admire your strength and i really respect your hustle…but its time for you to take a chill pill!!!! we have all acknowledged your passion for your music and your undeniable strength…bi ko…give yourself the much deserved rest…ive carried a child too and i know the latter stage isnt a walk in the park…you need not prove a point to anybody ooo…in fact that Teebillz of a man should put you under lock and key!!! note to Tunji Balogun…activate your husband mode….and its not by doing english breakfast for dinner at a restaurant during your anniversary…deactivate the manager mode already jooor!

• Mama boys

May 12, 2015 at 5:45 pm

What nonsense are you spewing biko? The more active you are while pregnant the better! At 39 weeks I was taking 2 hours walk a day, sometimes twice! my midwife kept saying “you will appreciate what you are doing when labour comes” and when labour did hit, it all happened so fast almost in a flash and baam baby was born. My body shrunk fiam! Singing and dancing poses absolutely no harm to the baby, pregnancy no be sickness inugo?

• Medina

May 13, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Aunty Mama boys thank God for your special super natural…and super human gift to be able to battle the hulk while you were preggos….but even your trained gynae will advise you take a chill pill at the latter stage of your pregnancy….nobody said she should turn into an immobile statue…but she should take a chill pill…your 2 hours walk routine cant be compared to dancing and singing…the energy requirement differs…so yes! to indulge you..mama boys… the ‘nonsense’ i might be spewing goes thus: while it may be normal for her to take her strolls…jumping and gyrating on stage should be on hold till after her LO comes…this is coming from a concerned fan…

• ChicAlert!!!

May 15, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Modinatu if she didnt feel strong she wouldn’t have gone for it soooo relax

8. Lea

May 12, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Scared homosapien take several seats.

Tiwa looks cute.

9. Rosie

May 12, 2015 at 3:55 pm

why is she working so hard?….she has a husband for goodness sake, even pregnant women in the corporate sector take things easy once they become this heavy…..i really dont understand why the husband will allow her go thru all these hassles because of money

• ngozi

May 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm

WHile all comments are true
      They are only true for some people and not necessarily true for all of us.
      I work in a first class bank and with the exception of those who travel out to have their babies, we all work till the very last day. A couple of people even went to Premier from work.
      Why do that you wonder?
      Staying active is advisable so far it not stressful.
      Moreso, most mothers want to maximise their full maternity leave with their babies.
      In my case I gave birth December of 2014 and I had not gone on 2014 vacation at that time. SO, i first used my 2014 four weeks vacation, then proceeded on my 3 months maternity and now added 1 month vacation of 2015.
      5 months in all, and trust me i will be resuming in two weeks time after adding all public holidays and I have been crying because i dont want to leave my baby alone
      🙁

• prince

May 12, 2015 at 5:41 pm

I agree with you a million percent Ngozi, My wife worked till the very day she delivered and I also have colleagues that we heard delivered the night the came to work. I think it really help, as long as its not stressful and its not like she perform everyday.

• anon!

May 13, 2015 at 6:49 pm

It’s not bcos of money. It’s because she still wants a life after the birth of her baby, she doesn’t want to take a break that might lead to a longer break and makes her lose her fans/relevance

10. @edDREAMZ

May 12, 2015 at 3:56 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    Babe is hustling abi na bad for pregnant woman to hustle neh….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

11. Mama

May 12, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Plzzzz… This is the height. Money is not everything make she try slow down on the hustle.

12. Ebony

May 12, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Gorgeous!! <3

13. Miss Mimi

May 12, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Pregnancy looks fabulous on her! Too cute

14. chi-e-z

May 12, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Tiwa such a sweet heart. Can’t even hate on her 🙂

15. bruno

May 12, 2015 at 4:46 pm

lets be truthful, that gown is horrible. but she’s glowing and her weave is on point no doubt
    (ed dreamz voice)

• Kate

May 13, 2015 at 7:21 am

It’s indian theme fool

16. ssah

May 12, 2015 at 5:11 pm

sexy mama

17. tunmi

May 12, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Why is it Indian themed? I like the Down syndrome awareness

18. prince

May 12, 2015 at 5:42 pm

TIWA was born for this. I admire your courage and strength. Just go on and do what you know how to do best. Pregnancy is a blessing and shouldn’t keep you idle

19. Teenaa

May 12, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Tiwa looks gorgeous, pls why is everybody saying she should slow down? Who goes to d market to tell dt pregnant woman hawking sachet water to slow down? This is a form of exercise for a preggy woman, being active is key in pregnancy.. U prefer she crossed her legs at home waiting for her due date.. Nawa for una o!

20. k

May 12, 2015 at 6:24 pm

pregnancy is not a disease or sickness therefore she can make it werk!!!

21. bim

May 12, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Tiwa,let me tell u Wat I think, I think u are gorgeous,luk @ her she is glowing, I kinda luv d way her face is all swollen but warm and beautiful.and I think her gown is amazing,4 crying out loud it’s a maternity evenin gown kind of an Indian design.i feel it suits d occasion and it’s a classy gown.she looks pretty and covered up in it.isnt dat Wat been pregnant is all about.if she wares a short gown or sumfin reavilin ppl will complain.u can’t Pls d world cos dey will always find a fault.tiwa continue 2 luk radiant dear.there is nothin more pretty Dan a woman with child.safe delivery dear.

22. tt

May 12, 2015 at 7:51 pm

So l was wondering, what happened to comments having hundreds of likes?

O ye ‘commenters’ are crooks!

23. bim

May 12, 2015 at 8:20 pm

I would also say dat people shuld calm down about, dis Tiwa workin while pregnant,4 cryin out loud she is exercising herself.i know ppl dat work rigorously till delivery.wat of dos ppl trading with pregnancy cos they ve 2 provide 4 their baby wen dlvrd..tiwa is in her comfort zone dfoin Wat she luvs and ppl think she is overworkin it.lool.her last stage performance I know of was in Uganda, and she went 4 vacation.isnt dat enuf time 2 rest..

24. jusme

May 12, 2015 at 8:35 pm

I went from d office to the hospital, and gave birth 4hrs later, my first baby. so allow her please.

25. been there

May 12, 2015 at 8:44 pm

please stop criticising the poor woman. if her health is 100% then i dont see why she can’t keep working.

i personally dont like how many people in this part of the world will treat you when pregnant, like one with an illness. i got frustrated many times in my own pregnancy with this BS at work. my baby is 6weeks old and i’m not ashamed to say i’m looking for new and challenging career opportunities currently. i believe being pregnant and now a mum is just one of the many things i was born for.

26. joy louis

May 12, 2015 at 11:18 pm

I love You my Darling tiwa savage
    No mind any tin dem talk, coz de more de look de more dem see
    Any day, any where I see u I ll nv let u go
    U too much
    U ll delivery in peace, na only God u get dear. Love u

27. gloria

May 13, 2015 at 12:15 am

Tiwa is just wonderful,Thumbs up.

28. dr.nkobi

May 13, 2015 at 2:20 am

take it from a gynecologist tiwa is not in anyway putting her baby in danger. you are told to live a health lifestyle when pregnant to benefit you and the baby. what tiwa is doing is a form of exercise it might not be the traditional walking or running but it is definitely a type of workout . In the long run this will be good for her when she goes into labor,especially since people are saying she is having twins ( may God give her the strength ) . a side note in congo we feel its dangerous to speak on a woman who is heavy(pregnant) it brings them bad luck. so lets all just say God bless her through this hard but wonderful experience. Hope for nothing but the best . Tiwa I hope God bless you with a healthy baby boy or girl and safe delivery love.

29. anikky

May 13, 2015 at 3:50 am

Y d fuss abt tiwas pregnancy, is it bcus she’s a celeb or wat?am a registered nurse wit lagos state n I worked at d casualty alone during my first child,till 41wks so if she still as d strength y not let her continue wat she love most….

30. Nancy

May 13, 2015 at 7:26 am

The people complaining obviously don’t have kids. You are allowed to be active for easy delivery till you give birth. Tiwa you look beautiful and the dress is perfect for this occasion .
    We love you and keep doing what you do. Let the haters continue to see you shine and cry .

31. MOM

May 13, 2015 at 7:53 am

If she has the strength to do it let her go ahead. exercise are needed towards the last trimester of ur pregnancy. and if singing on stage and moving around is part of her exercise let her do it. it is done with passion and not by force. again she sees her doctors and i believe they advice her . so pls let us leave tiwa she luks great and healthy. go tiwaaaa

32. Mama boys

May 13, 2015 at 8:37 am

33. Tosin

May 13, 2015 at 8:50 am

maharaja dress 🙂 looking nice.
    no, not a fan of her music or anything.

34. Dessy

May 13, 2015 at 11:57 am

As long as she is gigging with doctor’s supervision and she’s doing what she loves she cant feel the way you people are expressing, moreover some Nigerian #justwannatalk.