News

Trekking Gone Wrong Part 2: Three Men Walk, Ride Bicycle to Yola in Honour of Atiku & Get Stranded

BellaNaija.com

Atiku new

The trekking trend appears to have gone awry.

A few days ago, BN brought you the news that a man named Stanley trekked from Nsukka to the Enugu State government house to honour newly-elected governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, but got turned back by security guards at the government house when he arrived.

And now, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) is reporting that three men who trekked to Yola in honour of Atiku are now stranded.

Read the report below:

Three men, who trekked to Yola in honour of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, are now stranded in Yola.

The men, Salihu Jibrin, Aliyu Adamu and Abubakar Suleiman, who spoke to newsmen Saturday in Yola, said since their arrival they were unable to see their mentor, Atiku.

They said all they needed was to see Atiku or his representatives to deliver their messages and go back to their various destinations.

“I trekked for 38 days all the way from Lagos to Yola to see Atiku in view of his role over APC victory in the general election but up to now I was unable to see him.I am now stranded with no money to go back; at times I sleep in motor park or squat with good Samaritans,” Jibrin said.

Adamu, who rode bicycle  from Kaduna to Yola, said he spent eight days on the way.

“I want to thank the Secretary, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Adamawa Council, Baba Zare, who had been assisting me since arrival to cope with the difficult situation I found myself. I want to meet Atiku before finding my way back to Kaduna,” Adamu said.

On his part, Suleiman, who trekked from Shelleng town, Adamawa,  to Yola said he had been squatting from one relation to the other while waiting for an opportunity to see Atiku before going back home.

1. Great Lady

June 13, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Laugh wan ke me. ??????????????????

• ATL's finest

June 13, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Chaiiii I feel u right now cuz the title alone got me dead/ alive while laugh. I can’t even focus in reading the article . lord help these folks.

2. Sunshine

June 13, 2015 at 4:12 pm

ROFLL, Ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but stupidity cannot be eradicated. Pls make Yola your new state of residence since you worship Atiku that much. IDOITS!!!

3. Peyton

June 13, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Atiku please help them out with transport fare back to their home state. Or give them a job in one of your numerous companies whatever you do get them off the road please.

4. Jay

June 13, 2015 at 4:29 pm

they r all mad!

5. mary

June 13, 2015 at 4:34 pm

these peeps are dreamers, you trekked for 38 days to meet Atiku, and now you are stranded. did Atiku give you an appointment? was he expecting your arrival? why didn’t you make provisions for your transportation back home, ohh, in your little mind you were expecting that after meeting him and being hosted to a sumptuous meal, then he will give you a brown envelope and order his driver to take you to the airport and put you in a flight back home, that’s a big NOOOO, otherwise everybody will continue with this new hobby of trekking. Make it stop already please. We are trying to build a new Nigeria, and all hands should be on deck. Ain’t nobody got time for lady folks like you.

6. fleur

June 13, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Honeymoon=so over. Why not trek back? Perhaps your hope in trekking was that you’d receive a private jet ride back to where you came from with some hard currency?

7. fleur

June 13, 2015 at 5:12 pm

And what freaking message do you all have? Message from who? You were not sent by any organized group, village or community. Hmph

8. Tiny colored miracle

June 13, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Lollll,choi!…in ds life…na una sabi,enjoy Yola,,make new friends,u fit find tourist centre….waka waka……it z well wit ur souls……may d mosquitoes grace u honorably *e be lyk say I don remix English,abeg o ti di abo,bya!!!!

9. onetallgirl

June 13, 2015 at 6:32 pm

These trekkers are very stoopid!! As my mother would say, “mugu of the highest orda!! lol

10. immaculate

June 13, 2015 at 6:53 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha abeg ooo i wan trek oooo to see obama all this nigerian local politicians don tire me .America here i come trekking levels.laugh wan kill me ABOKI MALLAM.

11. nnenne

June 13, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Don’t blame them. They want their pieces of the national cake.
    May thunder fire poverty and ignorance! !!

12. tunmi

June 13, 2015 at 11:33 pm

Nigerian mapmakers, where are you?

13. Mma

June 14, 2015 at 12:26 am

Hahahaa…@thereal omosexy..time and more trekking folly has vindicated you. Now u have the last.dear trekkers pls use the opportunity and cross over to sambisa & see Boko haram at once.Just use one stone kill two birds at once.

• ob

June 14, 2015 at 9:18 am

Atiku is in Abuja now oya start treckkin to abj

14. Uche

June 14, 2015 at 8:24 am

If you can trek from Yola to Onitsha I will give you transport fare back to your destination .

15. missionartc

June 14, 2015 at 12:30 pm

From the department of trekology that is the study of trekking, it has been discovered that if you trek just for a day to see some1 there is always a possibility of meeting that person but on the other way, if you spend 20—40 days trekking and it is just u n u alone u are still far from the promise land.. Next time student of the department of trekology should go in group like the children of Israelite and the shall reach the promise land.. Sorry for the disappoint it just a prove that u are stingy n only u can’t occupy the promise land of atiku…. Welcome back to Egypt in another package…. Lwkmd

16. Naijababeii