Relationships

Freeze’s Ex-Wife Ope Responds, “I have never been a violent adulteress!”

Freeze & Opeyemi

Freeze & Opeyemi in Happier Times – at the Encomium Black & White Ball in 2013

The saga continues.

After Cool FM OAP Freeze accused his ex-wife, Opeyemi Olarinde of cheating on him and even released photos of injuries he claimed she inflicted, she has now released a press statement to SDK, denying all the accusations.

“PRESS STATEMENT FROM OPEYEMI OLARINDE ON THE ALLEGED VIOLENT ADULTRESS ACCUSATION BY ESTRANGED HUSBAND IFEDAYO OLARINDE A.K.A FREEZE

I have received calls and inquiries from friends and family who have drawn my attention to the recent posts emanating from the social media from my estranged and soon to be ex-husband, Ifedayo Olarinde.

Before now, he has tried ceaselessly and without any restraint to upset and assassinate my character but I have decided to keep my calm because it is not in my character to sensationalize issues.

I would like to state here categorically that I AM NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN A VIOLENT ADULTERESS!

I understand that he is desperately seeking attention and publicity to generate a livelihood, but it is unnecessary to peddle lies and traumatize both the children and I in the process.

I wish him well and will still make time to pray for him despite the fact that he is keen on destroying us to make space for his new family.

Thank you.
Ope.”

***

Sadly, we are almost certain the drama will continue. We hope that at least for the sake of their children, the public statements end and the former couple resolves their issues amicably.

1. Kadara

July 13, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Very mature response, no need to start telling her own story too on social media. They are already getting divorced, let him go and meet his new baby mama and leave her alone and stop disgracing his children.

2. bruno FIERCE

July 13, 2015 at 9:33 pm

shut ur mouth. freeze has shown us numerous pictures to prove it.

are u telling us freeze inflicted those deadly injuries and bruises on himself or its a ghost that did it.
    u need to explain ur self. explain those gruesome pictures.

• ola

July 13, 2015 at 10:24 pm

so she tied his hands and started beating him abi?

• Bola

July 13, 2015 at 10:27 pm

@burnoFIERCE, she doesn’t need to explain herself to you or any other stranger on social media. If he has a case let him go to court and they will both explain themselves to the judge.

• Paloma

July 14, 2015 at 11:11 am

GBAM!

• MeMyself&I

July 13, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Bruno, so when he beats her she should have crouched in one corner and receive “her punishment like a slave”? How do you know that this is not in self defence? A loquacious man like Freeze is bound to be a violent man. So, Pls. seat your weak merry ass down in the gutter.

• Observer

June 19, 2016 at 11:02 pm

I knew this couple from waaaay back. They were love birds in UI and Freeze was violent then. So let’s just sit back and observe instead of talking about things we don’t know for sure. The truth will come out eventually.

• Random

July 13, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Bruno your response shows an obvious lack of a sense of fair judgement. I don’t know these people or their story but drawing conclusions on a one sided story says a lot about you. Better to remain quiet.
      Both genders are definitely guilty of domestic violence but one can’t fault a party simply because the other is the story teller or the one crying out to the public. What happens between a couple really is between them, no one else can know the entire truth.

It appears you may have deep seated issues that you should address and resolve because it reflects in the way you comment on issues. I’m sure you will benefit from a therapist. All the best.

• Bosola

July 14, 2015 at 11:41 am

the slightest thing can leave marks on freeze face, he is lghtskinned…and yes some people inflict injuries on themselves…you don’t live with freeze you don’t know if he is capable of doing that or not, some people look sane but they are actually crazy

• Priscilla

July 14, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Bruno or whatever you call yourself are you really that slow to believe she inflicted all those wounds? She doesn’t owe anyone especially you any explanation.

3. Gold digger

July 13, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Shit just got real…..

4. Gold digger

July 13, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Shit just got real.

5. yellow sissy

July 13, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Una sabi!

6. Feyi

July 13, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Freeze even if she beat you, as a man, and for the sake of your children, you do not go to the media and label the mother of your children a violent adulteress. Have you considered the trauma to your kids or are you just so bent on denigrating your wife’s image that you don’t care? Are you so selfish?

Between me and you, your marital infidelities are common knowledge. Next time you decide to make salacious sexual remarks to a young woman, make sure your mic is switched off. And you have the nerve to call someone else “adulterer”. If this does not speak to a personality disorder, I don’t know what does?

How are you buying all those expensive wristwatches on an OAP’s salary? Could you not have spent that money on your children; their future, their education?

Mrs Ope, that response was a class act. I wish you and your children a swift recovery from this unfortunate event. And I hope you find happiness in the future from a more deserving man. Trust me, you are better rid of this one.

• kanyin

July 14, 2015 at 6:55 am

Feyi.. I love your comment.. but I want to ask why you think it’s terrible for freeze to “label” his wife a “violent adultress”, or in my opinion come out to tell the story of being abused… and your reason is he is not thinking about his children.
      But it’s okay if a woman comes out to talk about her abusive husband without anyone calling her out or asking why she’s not concerned about the children.

I do not know freeze personally, neither do I know his wife. No one knows what really went down between them. All i’m saying is, if it’s okay for ope to come out and tell the story of all freeze did to her when they were together, then it’s okay for freeze to talk about it too.

• Temi

July 14, 2015 at 11:29 am

I think BOTH parents should not make public statements putting each other down. I don’t know how old these kids are let’s even say the oldest is 9 years old. You get to school as a 9 year old and you are the subject of playground gossip. And your classmate comes to you to say, “My mummy told me that your mummy beat up your daddy”. And the teachers are whispering behind your back about your messed up domestic situation.

I would be MORTIFIED!!! The kids should not have to be on the defensive for their parents’ actions. It is just WRONG.

Worse still this whole nonsense is preserved on the internet for all posterity. There is no way that is not damaging to the children.

You don’t want to be married to each other no more. Fine. But be grown about it and keep that ish private. It is hard enough for the kids as is.

• adelegirl

July 14, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Well Temi, if I may just chip in a response to your comment about the children being gossiped about in school, grown folk have no business gossiping, especially in front of their children such that the children will go to school and start repeating what they overheard from mummy and daddy about their classmate’s mummy and/or daddy.

7. i weak

July 13, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Even the governors who stole n embezzled pleaded not guilty in court last week
    Na today?
    wetin u go talk b4

8. Stacey

July 13, 2015 at 10:04 pm

*sigh* Hands mic back to daddy freeze, *hand on chin* what say you?

9. jide

July 13, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Me I am already worried about the next girl that enters the one chance called Freeze. If he isso happy with his new family, then why does he have so much time for his ex wife?

10. FasholasLover

July 13, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Now, here is a mature response. Not that Freeze with mouth diarrhoea. She was violent, she was a witch, she was an adulteress etc. Shebi, you both will soon be divorced? Freeze should calm down and enjoy his freedom. I only have pity for the woman that will rush into marriage with this man.

• Wemmi

July 13, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Me I go marry am! Fyne and established broda like him! They are rare o! I will manage him any day compared to having natin. Just saying………IMO

• mamamia!!!

July 13, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Very stupid child! Giving women a bad name since 1900… instead of getting to the bottom of what actually went wrong. You’re here thinking of having him for breakfast. ..

• Ansa

July 14, 2015 at 9:15 am

@ Wemmi, may it be unto you as your heart desires! I guess you’ll be up on Bella naija next, being bashed by the wimpy, dysfunctional monster aka Freeze! Goodluck with that!

• MC

July 14, 2015 at 9:56 am

No word of a lie!…I have been looking at your comment for 4 mins straight and I’m still struggling to find the words to reply.

I don’t know you….but I hope you (and the other 9 people that liked your comment) realise your worth!
      P.s ‘nothing’ is definitely better than ‘managing’

• Dee one

July 14, 2015 at 1:42 pm

You need to see a psychiatrist asap…..

11. olapeju

July 13, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Thank goodness you didn’t post a video Ope! Freeze tho, where do I begin? So wipe KPAU! Tie ta tan…Irritant.

• um

July 13, 2015 at 11:25 pm

you sound like an insider.

12. Dinky

July 13, 2015 at 10:23 pm

It’s really despicable that people resort to social media to wash their rags in public.more sad is no one really gives a toss about you lot neither do you guys feature on the grand scheme of real news or world issues/happenings.this crave for unnecessary attention & publicity by unknown/irrelevant people really needs to stop.bloggers please stop encouraging these losers & time wasters & use your medium for “live issues”

13. The Jollof Sisi

July 13, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Wow, what ever happened to settling matters behind closed doors??!
    May God guide us when it comes to choosing who we want to spend the rest of our lives with. Sigh.

14. Tolu

July 13, 2015 at 10:29 pm

Her response just confirmed she’s truly what the ex-husband said she is. Your appeal to pity statement does not sell tonight

• MC

July 14, 2015 at 9:58 am

Huh!? Did we read the same thing?

15. Allen44

July 13, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Freeze pls don’t freeze yet by her comments. Over to u let’s hear what u hv to say

16. No name

July 13, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Ifedayo can tell those lies to people that didn’t know him growing up. ISI days and UI days. Ope’s reply so short and matured. She got married to the wrongest (if there’s any word like that) guy on earth. I wish her happiness.

17. Tosan

July 13, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Freeze no dey shame Na woman they beat am, just like te ex said he’s just looking for attention and that’s it.

• kanyin

July 14, 2015 at 6:59 am

What do you mean by “freeze no dey shame, na woman dey beat am”

You see, it’s comments like this that get me started on double standards.

• Babes don kolo

July 14, 2015 at 8:55 am

Freeze no dey shame na woman dey beat am?

Men you see, if a woman carries cup to throw at you, give her the beating of her life that will make her see angels and stars. Next time, she will not dare it again.

18. Ngee

July 13, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Papa Freeze and his childishness! Smh!. Why come to social media to broadcast your marital issues? You call her an adulteress…can you swear you have not cheated severally since you got married to her? Meanwhile, her response is simply dope. No long stories cos we don’t wanna hear.

• Babes don kolo

July 14, 2015 at 8:53 am

it shall not be well with you
      You dont wanna hear?
      how will you wanna hear when you know who is guilty

19. bruno FIERCE

July 13, 2015 at 11:34 pm

many of u people don’t like freeze on a normal day because he like to show off his watch collection. ur hate for freeze is clouding ur judgement.

if this same thing happens to ik ogbonna, many of u will never take his side because u dislike him on a normal day.

this his ex wife looks very violent. look at her big hands.
    this is not a matured sensible response from her at all. she is hiding the truth. freeze said he never laid a hand on her. go and look at the evidence freeze has presented to us . very gruesome pictures, deep cuts near his eye. bruises and cuts on his fair skin. if this was a woman who released those pictures u people will be demanding for the head of her ex husband but since its a man u people have decided to turn a blind eye. some pf u are even saying “for the sake of his children he should forget about it”
    if it was a woman will u tell her that. pls stop the double standard.

pls domestic violence is bad whether its against a woman or a man.

• Nahum

July 14, 2015 at 3:25 am

Bruno, I normally find your comments a bit funny but lately they have been getting on my nerves. You have no right to judge this woman a liar based on her “her big hands” and the fact that she did not explain herself properly. I think we all need to get one thing straight, this woman owes NO ONE an explanation, she does however, owe the court of law since there is a divorce proceeding pending. So if her husband chooses to bring his issues to the public and she chooses to say nothing and protect her kids, then we should respect her wishes and stop this madness. Nigerian men have always gotten the benefit of the doubt from society from the beginning, so if women are being given the benefit of the doubt now, I don’t see why men should complain. Women have a right to be given a chance to explain and not be condemned outright. I will wait for the verdict of the courts, and I suggest you do the same.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

July 14, 2015 at 1:31 pm

God bless you. And may He keep blessing you. She owes nobody any explanation (particularly when it comes to faceless commenters on Social Media), let the courts decide based on the evidence. And let each party make their case to the fullest measure needed to exonerate them.

• cos I say so

July 14, 2015 at 6:39 am

I could not get past “this his ex wife looks very violent, look at her big hands”
      Lmaooooooooo
      Bruno’s got a loose nut,i swear

• Mz Socially Awkward...

July 14, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Not a loose nut.

A loser, which is a few steps to the left of that former description.

And misery clearly loves company….

• Ugo

July 14, 2015 at 7:46 am

Abeg why you dey drink parasol for this matter now, abeg Na you be freeze new babe.. Na wah. Please put yourself in the lady’s shoe so you know how it fits. If freeze has a problem he should sort it out in private and not in public,thats the mother of his 3kids it shows he has no respect for women. He’s just looking for publicity.. AKA MR DR AMA KING. MAKE YOU GREET YOUR GUY OH AS YOU DEY SUPPORT AM.. YOUR OWN NA HIV HE GO SAY YOU GIVE AM. ODE

• Lin

July 14, 2015 at 8:19 am

Bruno! Those pics mean nothing! I wrote yesterday about how freeze reminds me of my father, how he would go about lying about things my mum didn’t do, my father that used to beat my mum butt naked and to a pulp even went to the point of showing our church members wounds and bruises on his body just so people would think she was evil, This is not hearsay, I saw all this happen 1st hand, so I can tell you, the pics prove lil or nothing, why put it on social media if you can’t go to the Police to report. I don’t know Freeze personally, but I have had a father like him and can tell he’s just trying to tarnish her image. My father was ready to give you a mill bucks to tell you lies about my mum, if Freeze hates her so much and wants the world to really believe she was violent, why wouldn’t he take the case to court? Mscheeew!

• Squad

July 14, 2015 at 9:36 am

You lack reasoning faculty.

• shady

July 14, 2015 at 11:18 am

“Many of u people”, well that includes u as well. Since u have a short memory go and read ur previous comments on freez matter especially regarding his watch collection. We need dates of when this pictured were taken. Almost every phone as the information alongside every pic taken. Bring it on freez let’s see it

20. Ngee

July 13, 2015 at 11:38 pm

Papa Freeze and his childishness again! Papa you don’t have to come to social media to say everything that happened or why you r getting a divorce. For the sake of your kids, show some maturity for once in your life. Ok bye.

21. chy

July 14, 2015 at 12:07 am

and when i said u guys should hold freeze,una no hear.the baga is ranting to gain sympathy.ope thank u for that mature response.

22. new bride

July 14, 2015 at 12:30 am

I wish she didn’t respond! Sometimes, silence is golden.

• kanyin

July 14, 2015 at 7:02 am

Can be acceptance too… lol.
      I’m happy she did reply. At least she has cleared lots of people’s doubts.

23. CF

July 14, 2015 at 1:28 am

@I weak, sounds like DJ exclusive should incase u r d one beware frm Freeze esp on personal issues . Hmmmm! @Freeze, am nt ur fan so don’t expect any sympathy frm me!#antifakelives# You can still work on ur scattered self u know, nothing is ever too late!

24. Engoz

July 14, 2015 at 2:07 am

lol, I’m laughing at all the comments that tagged this response as ‘mature’. This is lame at its best. Freeze has tendered his evidence and you expect me to take a mere kindergarten string of words as concrete evidence to absolve you of a criminal offense, lol. Freeze like every sensible human being has every damn right to raise the alarm if he was abused. If the wife chooses to keep quiet about her being abused as he was that’s her business. Nigerians prefer to hide this sordid details of their relationship so that they can continue living a lie…pretending to be Mrs.somebody.

• Sisi Eko

July 14, 2015 at 7:41 am

Shut up! What you want to hear is sordid gist. Sorry she disappointed you lot. Shior

• Engoz

July 14, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Grow up! This is how you silly people would let this woman lose the case if at all she is the innocent party here. You women use your sense sometimes. You do not go to a gun fight with a table knife. Freeze has tendered incriminating evidence and the wife is here writing nonsense and you want that to appeal to my sensibilities? I’m too methodological for that nonsense. Even Bill Clinton said ‘I did not have sex with that woman’ and we all know how that turned out. I am yet to see where facts win over theory.

• nerve

July 15, 2015 at 8:55 pm

@Engoz, When did BN blog become a court and you a Judge? Like @Sisi Eko said, you are only interested in gossip.

• Squad

July 14, 2015 at 9:47 am

” To absolve you of criminal offense” , since when did bella naija become a court nd u the judge that wants to absolve someone? We re mere blog readers hence this statement is more than enough. If she wants to explain herself, she would do that in front of a judge nd tender watsoever evidence. Some of you really hold urself up high, lol imagine this one coming to say he/she needs evidence to absolve someone of criminal offense on a blog! Lol i can’t deal.

• Engoz

July 14, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Lol, she owes no one an explanation and she sent a reply to SDK and to crown it all…no evidence to refute freeze’s claims, lol. Sorry for not being so fickle minded, lol.

• nerve

July 15, 2015 at 8:57 pm

@Squad. Loool. Look like l stole ur lines. I actually responded as l read. Knock on wood you already said exactly the same thing. Don’t mind @Engoz gossip mistress.

25. Nkem

July 14, 2015 at 6:11 am

Hmmm you people do not know Ifedayo aka FREEZE,okay until Ope shows a picture or video of her battered self you all will be satisfied.

@Bruno I am amazed at you ,you do not know half of the story and all you can do is sit behind your computer typing rubbish.

Ope thank God you have finally decided to leave that he-goat he will do to his new family what he did to you. Wicked pedophile and adulterer. If you do not repent Freeze you will get the wrath because you are a big liar.

Ope thank you for your response no need to air your linens to all and sundry.People who hide behind thier computers typing rubbish

• coins

July 14, 2015 at 9:42 am

As you said, i am not an insider and will not buy that Freeze beats her up and deserves these injuries i am seeing here. Now, i am not interested in the sordid details, however, seeing that Freeze showed us evidence in pictures, i cannot ignore them based on you guys (the insiders) half gist of his alleged violence. To compound it all, Freeze was the one that filed for a divorce and not Ope. In her statement, she should have put up just one picture of her injuries, just one and it will be a case of retaliation to me from her end. You all keep saying we don’t know him, he is a paedophile, womaniser and all. Please call names, situations, locations, to prove this. An adulterer or adulteress does not deserve to be abused, , at worst, once you prove that your partner isn’t faithful, please leave that relationship if you can not take it, not to start abusing the other party.
      So i say, this statement from her does not exonerate her, if she abused him based on his adulterous ways, she is sooo in the wrong. On a side note, please if the case of paedophile is true, can we get empathetical evidence, so the right authorities can follow this? its very important!!!!

• adelegirl

July 14, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Sometimes, I wish one of Ope’s “friends” need to sneakily post a video or pictures of her injuries from being battered by this man, seeing as she herself has decided to take the high road because of her children. I have heard/read several times about the emotional and physical violence she endured from this man. Sigh… I hope she is vindicated as publicly as she has been humiliated and battered by this character

26. Idomagirl

July 14, 2015 at 7:32 am

Very mature response.

27. naijaflo

July 14, 2015 at 8:23 am

This story is between 3. She said, he said and the truth.
    naijaflo.com

28. Babes don kolo

July 14, 2015 at 8:44 am

When someone is guilty,
    -they say no need for explanation
    -very matured response
    -silence is golden
    -no need to tell her story on social media

If na woman now be victim, they will say do this, do that…..

A man cheats, they wanna die on top of his matter like Maje issue. But when a woman is caught in the act, they say no need to talk.

Men, bros, husbands, boyfs, u berra wise up.
    These babes aint loyal

If you weak like freeze, you are OYO o. If you hard, tough reach floyd mayweather, na you one babe go talk thrash too? Not to talk of insult or inflict pain on

Wives/gfs like freeze’s wife needs constant slap, knocking, tieing, beating–infact just watch 50shades of grey and punish her like that-simples.

If you like come after me, i don talk my own. If dem born u well, marry a hard guy and be treating him like this if your people no go go find your body for mortuary.

• Johnson

July 14, 2015 at 11:31 am

And you are clearly still in your teens. When you grow up and become a man, you’ll stop spouting such rubbish

29. ekene

July 14, 2015 at 9:08 am

I knew freeze in university of ibadan, to me, he doesn’t have a good personality per se, from his days @ BCOS ibadan, he was a truant as a student in UI,. I feel for my fellow woman Ope who fell for this dude, I remember how they wedded immediately after her grad, take heart my dear sis, though I saw this coming, reflecting on how he jumped from one girl to another trying to get a girl but no girl took him serious, it was this woman whom he is abusing on social media that came along and gave his life a meaning. Freeze, stop being childish, face your new life and let your wife and kids have peace. To the baby mama… good luck…

30. JustAgirl

July 14, 2015 at 9:23 am

See the difference..Maturity knows no age, sex nor color. Freeze is just a ranting child desperately seeking attention. He needs help!

31. none

July 14, 2015 at 9:58 am

ope was actually violent…. and freeze cheated. Ope stopped collecting financial aid and wont let him see the kids, parole woman and nkem please shut up. she cant account how she foots her bills in court sef.

• ada

July 15, 2015 at 10:44 am

she doesn’t work abi? that is why she can’t explain how she foots her bill. the idiocy in some people tho.

32. emeka

July 14, 2015 at 11:16 am

Am not a great fan of Freeze but he presented very compelling evidences .This response is just too light, the issues raised were weighty

33. Paloma

July 14, 2015 at 11:17 am

na them know just reading comments…..

34. BLOG ADDICT

July 14, 2015 at 12:10 pm

odiegwu. their cup of zobo

35. chibby

July 14, 2015 at 3:07 pm

I don’t buy this bullshit from the woman. She may be guilty of all she was accused of. I don’t know why its difficult for people to believe that freeze was abused. If he had beaten her in retaliation, same hypocrites spewing gabage in here will be the first to condemm him.

The woman is guilty and has nothing bad to talk about freeze, hence her short response. Freeze is speaking up and people are criticizing him for that. Reminding him that he should think of his children…smh…most Nigerians are really stupid. If it was this ope that came out to call her hubby a cheat and beast, I’m sure all of you, especially women will outrightly condemm freeze. No one will remember the children who may be affected by this. Yeye dey smell!

36. Moving on Swiftly

July 14, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Well very done Ope. No one needs any further details apart from your lawyers and the Judge. Just remembered how that shameful Eranko John Fashanu was running around screaming blue murder only for him to “have in hand” ….. Freeze you and your mouth need to shut it. Dodgy fellow.

37. kokie

July 14, 2015 at 5:26 pm

You all need counseling (Mr and ex Mrs and the children) start your group for abused people. it is necessary and for the greater good.

Also for the GREATER good it is time to take this offline for your sake, your family’s sake, the sake of your children and yes even the sake of your ex-wife.
    No one is a saint, so I am sure you had you own way of inflicting injury (it may not have physical)
    All of you need healing and peace. Get some therapy (particularly for the children’s sake) otherwise, these scars will destroy evey one of you

38. aprokos

July 14, 2015 at 11:34 pm

Judges and judgesses how does who is right or wrong in another person’s marriage affect your salary??????????

Mr Freeze you better deep freeze that your mouth and sought your personal issues out privately,public opinion about your private affairs is DOOM! Go and ask Frank Edogho

39. damilola

July 16, 2015 at 2:54 pm

You guys shouldn’t take things personal,d fact dat ope decided not go into details doesn’t make her innocent and d fact dat freeze couldn’t help buh tell d whole world what is happening doesn’t make him guilty,u guys shouldn’t be biased with ur comments, btw ope nd freeze is a whole lotta deep shit noone wud ever get to know so let’s be reasonable with what we say.

40. Babebose

July 21, 2015 at 8:01 am

So who do we believe? The husband or the wife? I daresay only the two of them know the truth about this matter.
    I remember though, several years back when the same woman labelled a violent adulteres got pregnant and was sleeping in churches praying for freeze to marry her! That was the talk of the whole campus back then. Where has the love gone? In matters like this, it’s best people don’t get involved. Let them deal with their issues, and for God’s sake keep it out of the social media because it would end up hurting their kids