Relationships

Iyanya on Yvonne Nelson ‘Everybody thought I was the evil guy because her heart was broken’

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

IyanyaA few weeks ago Yvonne Nelson had a very candid interview with Genevieve Magazine in which she talked about her past relationships and especially talked about her much publicized one with music star Iyanya.

Click here if you missed it.

In a chat with MTV Base VJ Ehiz on ‘Real Talk’, Iyanya responds to that interview and answers questions about his relationship with Yvonne Nelson – including how he felt after their public breakup.

He said:

On if they are ‘cool’: Yeah, we’re cool man, we’re cool, yeah.

On if they actually dated: Big time. Big…proper relationship. Back on forth.

On why they broke up: Now this is the problem…famous guy, famous girl. It’s hard man.

On the aftermath of their breakup: When that Yvonne Nelson thing happened, I was not happy but then I will look like superman out there. I was not happy because everybody thought i was the evil guy because her heart was broken, I looked evil.

On people talking about their relationship: What happened to the other guys that broke her heart before me?

Watch the clip below.

1. Mpoita

July 30, 2015 at 10:22 am

BN readers, when i expect you guys to react you will just stay ”kpem”!

• Tope

July 30, 2015 at 11:50 am

Its because the story has been recucled so many times.

• Tope

July 30, 2015 at 11:51 am

*recycled*

• Rosie

July 30, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Inyanya’s hands are so weird…..why so short

• Wow

July 30, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Ode, why not play God and construct “proper” hands for him? Mtchewww

• Olu

July 30, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Ask God

• Seriously

July 30, 2015 at 9:16 pm

I think, he has a different type of dwarfism. They look normal but their arms are unusually shortened.

2. Blessed1

July 30, 2015 at 10:26 am

Didn’t watch the video. The summary was enough. Na wa for you mr Iyanya. What were/are you trying to imply by talking of other guys who may have broken her heart? Why can’t men just accept when they’re wrong and say ‘I’m sorry?’

• Ross

July 30, 2015 at 11:02 am

I was going to say the same thing. Why is it so hard for our men to say ‘I WAS WRONG’??? You cheat on a woman, you break her heart. When she loved you, she wasn’t in a relationship with other men. FOOL. I didn’t even know their story, but this snippet alone gives me an idea of the kind of boy he is. Thats right. Body parts of a man but brain of a boy. The story of the African man!!!

• Tracy

July 30, 2015 at 12:14 pm

LOL…………Very annoying guy

• larz

July 30, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I am a girl. When someone feels like the relationship is no longer working for them, they shud be able to exit responsibly without being persecuted. Obviously, the other party will be heart broken over this but sht happens. Everyone shud have their right to this. Failure to accept this is sometimes what makes some people act like total d$$$heads so that people will let them be.

• Felinda

July 30, 2015 at 3:42 pm

I am yet to see ONE man in history of the male species on this planet (especially a celebrity) – who cheats on their significant other which ends to a painful breakup and then the man will come out and say,

“”Listen I was not faithful to Yvonne, I admit that, i caused her heart break and I am so so sorry i did that to her – it was not intentional, in this industry we are in there are so many temptations and as a man i should have fought it and not cheat but i did, and I am wrong. I was immature and I regret ever hurting Yvonne, She is a nice girl, and I ask forgiveness and I hope we can still be friends.

Gbam – Simple short and nice. It wont make you any shorter and it wont make you any taller than you are.. But you will gain so much respect.

If Iyanya ever did this I will respect him so much. I mean i am telling you if this guy ever did this, his female fan base will triple increase . In this day it is rare to see such cos most men dont respect women anymore (thanks to hip hop)

But obviously for a celebrity like him it is not in his DNA to publicly apologize. And this is why there seems to be no closure to this issue with Iyanya and Yvonne, cos he did her wrong, and he refuses to apologise and even had audacity to make a song and fun about her waist.

Be a man Iyanya. Do the right thing – and lets close this chapter once and for all before 2015 ends.

3. Abby

July 30, 2015 at 10:27 am

This relationship has been talked about over and over especially by Yvonne, can we please move on now?! Most people at some point in time have experienced a relationship which didn’t work out but we’ve all moved on so what really is the biggie here?!.

• iCrossMyHeart

July 30, 2015 at 11:08 am

Abi, I am thinking that they are still in love. They no tire. Because if they were, they would have asked the interviewers if they are not tired of asking the same question over and over again. It seems the extent of his career is Yvonne Nelson. Nothing else. SAD!!!

• Felinda

July 30, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Abby

no not especially by Yvonne, but especially by Iyanya, who made a song and made fun of yvoonne for breaking her heart. Get your facts straight.

If the interviewers stop asking stupid questions. Neither of them will answer but then again Nigerian journalist are all full of shyt and dont have sensible questionis to ask a celebrity. Idiotic journalist. Blame the anuofias interviewing them.

4. Dorabelle

July 30, 2015 at 10:48 am

So much arrogance Iyanya

• Melanin

July 30, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Assin, too much!

5. l

July 30, 2015 at 11:03 am

are we still on this matter!!! abegggg shift jor!

6. Stella Kashmoney

July 30, 2015 at 11:07 am

Let’s move on pls.

fashionandstylepolice.com/

7. Viv

July 30, 2015 at 11:14 am

Inyanya should know that as far as relationship is concerned, Yvonne is the highest point he ever scored. I guess he realizes that, hence he’s milking it and feeling all cool. He needs to shut up and make better music.

• tracy

July 30, 2015 at 12:12 pm

true talk,i so feel what you said

• nnenne

July 30, 2015 at 12:51 pm

@Viv… Yvonne broke the story though.
      We Wouldn’t Know If she didn’t.

8. cleo

July 30, 2015 at 11:19 am

Okay. This relationship ended over three years ago. Yet they keep going back and forth on who loved eho and who hurt who. It is enough.
    Get married already, since you both cant get over each other or keep quite.

9. LRogers

July 30, 2015 at 11:40 am

what is with nigerian artistes and the new american phonetics craze* i still dont get it.. these two should forget this old talk nd move on with their careers

• June

July 30, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Askkkk againnnnnnnn oh !!!! This whole “foreign” accent has just reached all kinds of wronggggggg!!! Haba !!

10. Moyo

July 30, 2015 at 11:41 am

All these brief Tripple MG people sha, a no comment answer willl suffice. I just hope Yvonne Nelson does not reply, we have had our fill with the Ubi Franklin/Emma Nyra saga, Iyanya please dont start another one

11. wagamama

July 30, 2015 at 11:49 am

Can you both ask interviewers to STOP ASKING y’all questions about each other?

Its been over for a year or more…. When they ask questions, THATS ALL THEY CAPITALISE ON!!!! Not your individual upcoming projects and whatnot, just your BREAK-UP!!

And we are sick of hearing about it!!

Next time, kindly plead “no comment” or plead the 5th! Which ever they understand biko!!

12. cleo

July 30, 2015 at 11:52 am

Okay. This relationship ended over three years ago. Yet they keep going back and forth on who loved who and who hurt who. It is enough.
    Get married already, since you both cant get over each other or keep quite.

13. jessy

July 30, 2015 at 12:05 pm

This boat has long sailed. If after 3 years there is nothing interesting in your life to talk about in interviews then you need to re-evaluate your life man.

14. bolaji

July 30, 2015 at 12:23 pm

boy BYE

15. goddessofvictory

July 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm

“when that Yvonne Nelson thing happened” really? thought the long pause was to gather brain i see it wasn’t 🙁

• elsa

July 30, 2015 at 1:34 pm

I swear!!! I was like”” okk my boy try and sound intelligent now, come on you can do it”

16. juanita

July 30, 2015 at 12:38 pm

this guy’s just a prick!!!!!!!! old story yes!!!!! but then what does he mean, what happened to the other guys that broke her heart before him??? he’s just a loser!!!!! my sincere sympathy goes to his future wife!!!! whoever she’ll be!!!! so sorry but i don’t envy her!!!!

17. totallypissed

July 30, 2015 at 12:41 pm

You see why this guy didn’t a good reception in Ghana? You break the heart of a woman and this is the best answer you give? Smh “Nyame betua wo ka paa”. Mtcheeeewww. ns3m foo

18. elsa

July 30, 2015 at 1:30 pm

I wonder what she saw in him…..smh…

19. ngee

July 30, 2015 at 2:14 pm

I srzly wonder what Yvonne saw in Iyanya. Big sigh!!! Iyanya should pls shut it already. Yvonne disappointed me by dating Iyanya. I expected more from her. Thank jah she has since moved on.

20. kooks

July 30, 2015 at 3:06 pm

all of a sudden there is an accent. lol #bye iyanya

21. bunny

July 30, 2015 at 3:21 pm

can dis two just move on.. must every interview have the “did u guyz date question”….

22. AccraSocialite

July 30, 2015 at 3:33 pm

The same way yall said Yvonne needs to keep this midget boy Iyanya out her mouth and stop mentioning him in interviews (when clearly the INTERVIEWER is the one who always brings it up). I say the same thing to Iyanya too, before you start any interview, tell the interviewer, For the Love of God, Ask me anything but please do not ask me anything about Yvonne Nelson. ”

For fck sake i cant believe 3 yrs down the line we still talking bout this shyt. It aint like they were the cutest couple in West Africa entertainment industry.

Enough already edon do. We are tired tired tired . Keep Yvonne Nelson out of your mouth in ALL interviews from here on.

23. sally

July 30, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Stale story….wats wit d fake accent, it aint working bro., lest i 4get Iyanya pls stop d gym tn,ur arms are short!!!!

24. J.J

July 30, 2015 at 4:06 pm

My question is who is IYANYA? an Who is YVONNE NELSON?
    please give us better stories. We ‘re not interested in this people’s story.
    Is their Life and they should face it. I also have my own life and am facing it.
    Why is it that every time all we see here is celebrities and their love life……We ‘re not interested…oooooo!…haba!

25. Ayodele

July 30, 2015 at 6:12 pm

It’s 2015, you are still talking Yvonne Nelson, move on ‘famous guy’

26. kwo kwo

July 30, 2015 at 6:49 pm

UNCLE IYANYA…GO AND SLEEP
    WE ARE TIRED OF HEARING THIS STORY.
    NEXT….

27. cryingneversolvedanything

July 30, 2015 at 8:10 pm

so every less than half an hour show is now considered ‘Real Talk’ oyi iriyo? Fake talk nko?

28. vee

July 30, 2015 at 9:37 pm

well, they are entertainers and sometimes they entertain us with their personal lives so lets hope most of us learn from them. But the truth is most of us also do these things we crucify them for. jus cos we are not in the spotlight…

29. Felinda

July 31, 2015 at 4:09 am

Imagine if everytime he talked about Yvonne Nelson, he got an inch taller and his short arms got taller too. 🙂 –

30. keechi

July 31, 2015 at 5:33 am

Not interested biko…expired gist.

31. Olives

July 31, 2015 at 9:32 am

Iyanya is not a gentleman. Has no respect for woman. Simple sorry won’t make him shorter than he is right now. God gave him a life gift and he said he prefers the shift.