News

Kim Kardashian Speaks Out on Sandra Bland’s Death: “We Need Answers!”

Moremi Elekwachi

Kim Kardashian Makeup Tutorial - BellaNaija - July2015

Kim Kardashian-West isn’t just all about the fame, fortune, and fashion. We’re getting to see another side of the Reality TV star, as she recently showed her concern for human rights issues, by tweeting about Sandra Bland.

Here is what she said:

***

R.I.P Sandra Bland.

Moremi Elekwachi is a Media and Communications expert. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from the University of Georgia, and a Master’s Degree in Communication Management (with a concentration in Marketing communication) from the University of Southern California.She is Founder and Lead Publicist at Euphorique PR, a leading full-service Public Relations & Marketing Communications company that helps individuals, companies and public figures effectively communicate, engage, and build relationships with their target audiences & stakeholders via digital media and traditional media platforms.Prior to establishing Euphorique PR, Moremi gathered a wealth of experience, working at prestigious media companies both at home and abroad including Wondros (Los Angeles, CA), Wildflower PR, and also BellaNaija, where she served as News Editor & Head of Business Development.Moremi is also the founder of www.queenmoremi.com, a fresh platform dedicated to empowering and celebrating the modern African millennial woman, as she strives to live her best life.In her spare time, she loves to write, gossip about popular culture, and sing her heart out.@queenmoremi: Twitter@queenmoremi: Facebook @queenmoremi: Instagram

1. @edDREAMZ

July 24, 2015 at 7:43 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    RIP to her soul…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. naijaflo

July 24, 2015 at 8:34 am

Answers are truly needed. RIP to her. Did Kanye tell kim to write this? Good either way.
    naijaflo.com

3. Yvonne

July 24, 2015 at 8:34 am

Bellanaija, shebi she is the only celebrity that has spoken out about this? All the other celebrities and influential people that have spoken about this – Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Martin O’Malley, Taraji P Henson, Janelle Monae, Nicki Minaji, Cara Delvingne, Zendaya, Solange, Joan Smalls, Gabriel Union, Talib Kweli, Snoop etc — they all don’t matter oh! It’s only Kim Kardashian that matters. She is the only voice that matters!

I am sure a more appropriate heading would have been – Justice for Sandra Bland – Celebrities and the world react! Then highlight what these people have tweeted or said. Everyone is raising awareness regarding this – not just Kim. It is a unified outcry so why not report it as so?

Anyway, #RIPSandraBland I hope the truth comes out so that justice can prevail in this matter.

• Ada

July 24, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I think it was something that drew people’s eye because everybody thinks she’s a shallow “dumb dumb” fame hungry person or sorts like that…hence why its there

4. Yvonne

July 24, 2015 at 8:52 am

——————————————————————————————————-
    EDIT: actually am not yet done – This reporting is actually appalling. What y’all have successfully done is take the light away from the major issue – “a human being (black) died in police custody under suspicious circumstances amidst the racial tensions currently happening in the US!!!!”
    Yet y’all report it this way —- oh let’s all praise Kim for taking time out of her celebrity life to express concern over another human being’s death. Aren’t we all as human beings supposed to express concern and outrage over the senseless death of another being regardless of race, gender, social constructs etc? Like NO! Just NO! This reporting sucks in so many ways, I can’t even deal. I truly expect better from bellanaija and it’s writers. Like Just NO!

Again, #RIPSandraBland, Praying for you and your family.

5. yani

July 24, 2015 at 8:56 am

As a black woman who live in USA (racist confederate flag loving south of mason Dixie – Atlanta GA) this worries me. It could happen to anyone. And no if I am in my car smoking (assuming i smoked) and u tell me put it out I won’t. Give me violation ticket but don’t tell me to put out my cigarettes.

6. La'Shonda Balogun

July 24, 2015 at 10:03 am

Let me bite my tongue on this one. Lol.

7. Stella Kashmoney

July 24, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Kanye must have told her to do this but she is a mother to a BLACK gir now so am sure she can relate.

• Roci

July 24, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Must you involve Kanye into this ? so she has to think because Kanye told her to think ? or she has feelings because Kanye told her to have feelings ?
      Some people sef……..

• Beeeee

July 24, 2015 at 2:27 pm

As in ehn, because before she married Kanye she couldn’t think on her own

• Tunmi

July 24, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Um the girl is mixed. Abeg let’s not start adopting America’s yeye one drop rule. But seriously tho, labelling a mixed lerosn black is insulting na. Their other side is not acknowledged at all.

@Yvonne said it best. BN should include the many other influential people speaking on this, who have been speaking on this since day 1

8. yomi

July 24, 2015 at 2:08 pm

she hung herself with a plastic bag just few hours before her sister was supposed to come with her bail money- quiet fishy- where d heck did she get d bag frm was it just lying around?

9. Lou

July 24, 2015 at 3:58 pm

This Sandra Bland’s matter has deeply depressed me,when I was pregnant I got a ticket and the officer was yelling at me,at that time I didn’t know how toxic the police system was and I came down to check his name tag,what if something like this had happened? We need answers!!!!!!!