Music

New Video: Seyi Shay – Right Now

Deji S

Seyi Shay - Right Now - BellaNaija - July - 2015

Seyi Shay is bringing on the sexy!

The MTV Mama Awards nominee who was recently signed to Island Records (click here if you missed it), songstress Seyi Shay premieres a brand new video for this sensual tune titled “Right Now“.

Directed by Meji Alabi for JM Films, this video reminds us of Rihanna‘s “We Found Love“.

Watch as she gets intimate with her love interest!

1. olajumoke

July 7, 2015 at 11:23 am

Lovely… very good song..You are coming up Seyi…

• Seriously

July 7, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Nigerian artists, one minute are singing afrobeats, another reggae then Congolese… Oh another minute about God, then another one about girl’s booty. Lack of focus, they are too all over the place. Just bcos one artist is getting popular with reggae doesn’t mean u should jump on the bandwagon. Stick to your style and perfect it.

• Eliza

July 7, 2015 at 4:33 pm

It’s called diversity. Which you clearly would know nothing about! Either appreciate the art or shut ur mouth

• seriously

July 8, 2015 at 11:05 pm

@eliza

Go look up the definition of diversity before using it. You clearly have no idea. Anyway, you wouldnt know bcos you are clearly delusional about true talent. Its about perfecting what your gift_talent is. What makes true legend great is, they perfected their genre. I cant imagine michwel jordan be great if he was dabbling into soccer or baseball. Or michael jackson doing reggae or bob marley doing pop and moonwalking.

2. Chacha

July 7, 2015 at 11:30 am

MI LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DIS SONG… GO ROIRL

3. Chacha

July 7, 2015 at 11:31 am

* GIRL

4. Manny

July 7, 2015 at 11:59 am

Cynthia Morgan come and see what you have caused oh…. now Seyi Shay is doing reggae? LOL Seyi baby you look beautiful but your voice is calling out for help, this is not your style and the beat sounds like something my 10 year junior brother made! You are a POP artist not a reggae one! Don’t lose yourself.

• Squad

July 7, 2015 at 1:24 pm

But seyi shay’s first hit murda had a little bit of reggae. Is it even reggae cynthia morgan is singing? which of cynthia
      Morgan’s songs has reggae except for the fake jamaican accent she sings with. This is a reggae beat will true singing. Let us listen to ur 10year old brother’s production na. Do u even knw who harmony samuel is? U pple will come here nd be forming u knw music.

• Prec

July 7, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I think her first single was Irawo actually,which was her biggest. I like the song sha, just tired of Raggae at this point for her.

• Na We We

July 8, 2015 at 2:21 am

@Prec, I believe @Squad was referencing her first hit and not first single. Her biggest hit by far has been MURDA. Her first single wasn’t IRAWO (also a nice song). LOVING YOUR WAY was released b4 IRAWO and she was still part of the girl group managed by Mr. Knowles (Papa Beyonce) when she initially released it.

5. olajumoke

July 7, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Abeg Manny,leave her..must she be subjected to sing one genre of music alone…good music is good music…

6. Feyi

July 7, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Now this is a good music video! Perfecto!

7. Roci

July 7, 2015 at 12:23 pm

nice Song……she pulled through with this

8. Curious

July 7, 2015 at 12:23 pm

Hit.com

Go on Girl!

9. Kechy

July 7, 2015 at 12:23 pm

I kept playing this over and over… breathe of fresh air!

10. Udegbunam Chukwudi

July 7, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Hmmm, she don sign contract with Calvin Klein abi she dey hustle for their endorsement?

Can’t say a thing about the music as reggae ain’t my thing.

11. Toyin

July 7, 2015 at 1:21 pm

My repeat button is crying….I love the song so much. Weldone Seyi

12. Priscy

July 7, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I love
    Clean video

13. cream

July 7, 2015 at 3:40 pm

All i see video inspiration from a cross of beyonce and riri

• Tosin

January 4, 2016 at 12:33 am

Makes one think we could fire both of them and replace with Ms Shay.

14. fancynancy

July 7, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Omg she sounds like Kelly Rowland ^_^. I love love love the chorus, there were a few parts in there that i had to enjoy on mute -_- but she is definitely a rising star and that body, Gaddeeemmmm!!! …. *runs back to the gym*

15. R

July 7, 2015 at 3:56 pm

My opinion on the “music video” why are you copying rihanna’s “califonia bed” why can”t nigerian artist be original? I mean i tried to appreciate the video but i can’t because it looks like its being forced. Simply copy and paste. I like your energy and wish you used it for more original videos and new ideas. The song itself isnt bad. Everything about the music video screams “forced” and copied, i hope you take this well in good faith and not bad because i dont sing and never did i think i could but i love originality when i see one. This isnt. Last i checked from what you said, bee’s father mentored you….. No? I bet he didnt teach you to copy others and be original., so do you! Tooduloo! Xx

• Eliza

July 7, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Oh keep quiet for goodness sake. People like you love to over analyse everything. The video fits perfectly with the song, why must you see everything as “copy copy”. As I said above to sum1 else, just appreciate the video or shut ur mouth. Nobody asked for your analogy on it

• Amae

July 7, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Oh puhlease shut ur mouth! Bey and riri copy pple for all their inspirations…..everybody does it

16. R

July 7, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Copy cat from rihanna’s califonia bed music video. Why does she like copying music videos??

17. Clo/Ok

July 7, 2015 at 4:02 pm

She sounds very good to me. (As a Jamaican) give this music to any Jamaican radio personality and they broadcast it, anyone would think she’s a Jamaican. She has good vocals too, whatever concept she was thinking of to reach other markets, I think she mastered it, cause Europeans for sure would love this, I clearly understood all she said And nice video too.

18. http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.com

July 7, 2015 at 4:16 pm

I actually loved this video, pretty clean and sweet, dont get the hair though!!!. I recall Seyi has always said she is a reggae artist especially when she was compared to Tiwa Savage so i believe this is right up her alley. As it relates to Riri or Beyonce, their concepts also come from somewhere, so kini big deal?

19. Keeky

July 7, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Love love the song! Ain’t nothing to hate here 🙂

20. Person

July 7, 2015 at 4:46 pm

SeyiShay is bae! That’s all!

21. eyong

July 7, 2015 at 5:53 pm

She is a great song writer!! This is actually beautiful!!!

22. truth

July 7, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Body on fleeeeekkk!!!!!

23. Amae

July 7, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Artists get inspiration from all kinds of things, places and pple . Stop being ignorant. Seyishay is a damn good vocalist and dat showed in the song. Video is in point. h8 all you want. Lame ass critics

24. Tosin

July 7, 2015 at 7:16 pm

me so likey.
    me so happy.
    yippeeee.

25. Curious

July 7, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Big effing deal, she copied! So what? Others no dey copy? People always get inspiration from others so I don’t know what this pointless whinging is about. All these “Obiakpo” local government area indigenes will not let us rest. You don’t like the song, awesome; save us all the stress of hearing your tired whining by exiting quietly. No be by force!

Abeg this na proper tune! Seyi absolutely nailed it. Fantastic work!

26. Mabel

July 7, 2015 at 10:34 pm

@Clo/ok…I listened to the song based off your recommendation, and I do agree that she does sound like and authentic, modern reggae sound the kids have nowadays. Her being signed to Island Records says it all.

Anywhoo, did she say “I would take out my titty and bounce it for you”? Maybe I heard wrong…lol

• Person

July 8, 2015 at 4:59 am

“I’ll stand on my tippy toes” Same sexual context but not what you heard.

27. Video geek

July 7, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Wow a Nigerian music video i actually enjoyed. Best video i’ve seen since Runtown’s Gallardo. Watch out Clarence

28. Lilo

July 8, 2015 at 3:43 am

But why the tranny looking dude?

29. Ms Lily

July 8, 2015 at 8:19 am

Seyi Shey can never go wrong in my eyes. Love the video, go girl!!!

30. Rm

July 8, 2015 at 9:56 am

Nigerians lets us learn to appreciate people’s good work Abeg!! Nice song and video seyi shay… Weldone!!

31. olu

July 8, 2015 at 4:47 pm

U gat my vote seyi.?????

32. AnnieRose

August 8, 2015 at 12:44 am

Absofreaking luv it. Repeat, Repeat, Repeat

33. Anna

August 8, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Seriously, d song is okay buh my problem with it is d guy they used, Damn it!!! He’s way too rough, d dude no even fyn come even dey look like mumu, #lol.. nd I think he’s younger dan seyi…. Anywayz… Good vocals though

34. Am me

August 11, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Love the song «» Hate the song. Complain this or that. The fact is their is nothing you do everybody appreciates. Matter of fact she does not even have time to read ur comments. So why give urself headache. If you feel you know better, go to the studio, record hit songs & be mr or miss perfect. You haters safe your energy & do something better with your life. The song & video is out. If you hate too much go swim for lagoon & enjoy yourself…….. Thank u

35. Elixs

August 18, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Please who knows the boys real name…..the cutie in the video? Anyone?

36. Esther bieber

August 27, 2015 at 12:50 pm

U re damn good dear, u killed d song. Am so proud of u, shine bright like d star u re

37. Nonso

September 23, 2015 at 12:08 pm

This is the best/meaningful nigeria song i v head this year. Atlst thr ar lyics there. She perfected it. She showed her true vocals. She improved alot.