Style

Tweed & Twine Come Out to Play as iamISIGO presents “East of West” Collection Lookbook

IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (59)

Hey fashion lovers – we are here with a brand new collection from Nigerian womenswear brand iamISIGO by Bubu Ogisi. Titled “East of West“, the Autumn/Winter 2015 collection was first showcased at the South African Fashion Week, Durban in May and now you get to see all the fab pieces here.

The collection is a mix of various colours from white & black, to grey & silver and some shades of yellow and gold on silk, crepe de chine, cotton-poly blend, light tweeds, cotton twine, polyamide twine and mohair wool.

Each piece has a strong western theme with fringed hems, lapels and boxy cuts. The collection also embraces the ‘feminine’ art of crochet on flared pants. jackets, dresses with traditional dolly patterns exaggerated for effect. We posted a photo on our Instagram page with OAP Fade Ogunro rocking the last top in the lookbook sequence, and there were mixed reactions. So, take a look at the full collection and tell us what you think.

See the collection below;

IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (2) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (3) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (4) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (5) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (6) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (12) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (9) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (8) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (15) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (17) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (18) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (1) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (21) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (24) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (26) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (27) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (30) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (33) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (35) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (39) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (40) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (41) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (42) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (44) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (58) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (46) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (47) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (49) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (51) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (53) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (57) IAmIsigo East of West Collection Lookbook - Bellanaija - July2015001 (56)

Photo Credit
Photography: Brian Molepo (Instagram: @BrianMolepo)
Art Direction: Bubu Ogisi (Instagram: @BubuOgisi)
Styling: Ayanda Nhlapo (Instagram: @AyandaNhlapo)
Model: Nadine O (Ice Models SA) (Instagram: @NadineO)

1. chy

July 6, 2015 at 6:32 pm

who wears all this?fashion to me is my jeans and a nice top to go with it.i dnt need to commit fashion blunder all bcos i wana follow trend.

2. sucre

July 6, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Oh boy! If this is what being fashion forward looks like, I want no part in it. What is with the “igbabonelinmhin” costume? B*tch stole my village masquerade’s look.

3. Tutu

July 6, 2015 at 7:00 pm

I completely love where the designer is going with this however most of it is not ready to wear which is unfortunate. I see so much potential in some of the pieces.

4. Tee

July 6, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Nice but they are not very wearable

5. rayjay

July 6, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Someone was inspired by Balmain I see… hmmmm

6. Ada

July 6, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Hmmm.we are not in Spain where we need such outfits to dance the flamenco or engage in bull fighting!

7. billie

July 6, 2015 at 7:25 pm

LOVE IT!! Nigerians are so razz lol …the comments dont get fashion!

8. mrs chidukane

July 6, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Boring people. I love some of the pieces particularly the long white dress and grey skirt. Well done for being creative abeg.

9. natu

July 6, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Love the yellow skirt and white pants.

• natu

July 6, 2015 at 7:58 pm

*pant

10. bruno FIERCE

July 6, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I HATE IT.

I hate all of it. pls burn these clothes, my lord and my God (mariah Carey voice)

tontoh dikeh pls come and help us set these terrible “VULGAR” clothes on fire.

I have never in life given a fashion designer an F before,there’s a first time for everything.

bubu ogusi, u should be in prison for making such terrible clothes like these one’s I am seeing right now.

these clothes hurts both my two eyes and my heart.

bubu ogisi u are a very dangerous person. U are the reason eku is always a scary mess on the red carpet. eku has worn one the “trousers” before.

make it stop.

• annette

July 6, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Can you do any better? I’ll answer that for you. No. So shut it Mr fierce.

• SA girl

July 6, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Geez hyperbole much, take it easy. Why does everyone think to critic fashion they must crank up nastiness to dial 11.

11. andtherewasone

July 6, 2015 at 9:03 pm

I think bubu is channeling the international market here. I know some edgy naijas that can where this too. If she wants to design something for d Nigerian market I know she can pull it off too. Give her a break. She’s gifted. U shud search for her other collections. From d collection its autumn/winter. I guess we don’t have that here so wait till she does something for d Nigerian weather eg hamathern collection

• sika

July 7, 2015 at 9:00 am

that can ‘where’ this ? OMG…you people need to sort your grammar out. I see so many errors on social media sites its scary. Irritating too.. urgh!

• andtherewasone

July 7, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Sika aka whole Soyinka aka honourable Patrick. I am sure u have never made an error in ur life before. Since u are marking scripts here, count how many times I spelt you n your incorrectly

12. bolu

July 6, 2015 at 9:54 pm

lol bruno thanks for your unsolicited opinion.
    the clothes are definitely interesting the pieces may not all be ready to wear but think about the thought of it and the design most of these are made from crocheting and knitting especially if they are hand made that is a lot of skill, precision and effort.

13. SA girl

July 6, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Everyone aesthetic is different, but I think we can appreciate interesting design pieces. I am definitely liking some of the looks.

14. sum1special

July 7, 2015 at 7:54 am

I love the Fringe shirts…so chic. Go Bubu

15. glow

July 7, 2015 at 9:45 am

Te clothes look like what yoruba people call “eegun onire” i.e masquerade. It is well

• N

July 8, 2015 at 11:44 pm

*yawn*

16. Godwin Wi

July 7, 2015 at 10:24 am

If you aint a creative, its advised you be as constructive with your thoughts as possible. The right styling will work with even the sheerest of these pieces & lets stop being so counter-productive here. Pick the one you like and move on; everyone blasted Adebayo Oke-Lawal of Orange Culture but see how far global he has gone & we say we are Nigerians. my point is let us the with reason when making comments on peoples creative work. Im sure you also have a job too even if its not fashion related.

17. Klicks

July 7, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Absolute no

18. Tosin

July 7, 2015 at 7:06 pm

in love.

19. Rose Okwy

July 7, 2015 at 9:52 pm

These designs reminds me of the igbo masquerade called AJIKWU, the kind kids play with