Style

Bold Statement Pieces! Iconic Invanity unveils its “Rhythm” Collection Lookbook featuring Tansey Coetzee-Sodeinde

Its here! Iconic Invanity‘s new collection and its a doozy!

We’ve seen a few of theses pieces on some of our favourite celebs, but now the full collection is here for your viewing pleasure. The collection, titled “Rhythm”, was first unveiled at the 2014 Lagos Fashion & Design Week with dazzling and embellished dresses, flowing capes, tribal accents, plunging necklines, cropped tops and more, and we get an exclusive into the lookbook.

According to Nancy Nwadire, Designer (Iconic Invanity), “Sometimes, the woman is King. Secure, powerful, bold and courageous dancing to the rhythm of her beat. For this collection I was drawn once again to the beauty and strength of the Iconic Invanity woman and her journey, dreams, culture, explorations and discoveries.

The collection’s exploration, discovery and interpretation of her heritage redefines the true meaning of “African Luxury” through signature embellished Regal pieces seen throughout this collection.

A wide array of pieces ranging from crisp white embellished cape dresses symbolizing royalty. Bold red and blue, on black and white backdrops, signifies her journey through the nuances of music, art and culture. Bold reds, blues and coral colours on geometrical abstracts continue to reflect heritage, passion, strength and who the Iconic Invanity woman is.

View the collection below;

Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015001 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015002 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015003 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015004 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015005 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015009Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August20150015 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August20150010 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015006 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August20150011 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August2015008 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August20150012 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August20150014 Iconic Invanity Rhythm Collection Spring Summer 2015 - BellaNaija - August20150013

Photo Credit
Photographer: Tope Horpload (Instagram: @Tope_Horpload)
Styling/Concept: Moses Ebite (Instagram: @MoashyStyling)
Model/ Face of Iconic Invanity: Tansey Coetzee Sodeinde (Instagram: @TanseyC_Sodeinde)
Makeup: Dave Sucre (Instagram: @DaveSucre)
Hair: Sari Signature (Instagram: @SariSignature)
Regency Chair/Props: Ehi Sayaveth interiors, Lagos (Instagram: @CEOSayavethInteriors)
Behind the scenes Footage: Sharon Ojong for Spice TV (Instagram: @SharonOjong | @SpiceTVAfrica)

To find out more about Iconic Invanity, send an e-mail to [email protected] | Visit their website: www.iconicinvanity.com | Follow them on Instagram @IconicInvanity

1. Mizzy

August 16, 2015 at 11:43 am

I love em allllll

2. Amh

August 16, 2015 at 11:50 am

Beautiful.

3. bruno

August 16, 2015 at 11:58 am

WOW!!!!!
    I am speechless. I am blown away. the white and red gown is my favourite.

u can spot an iconic invanity gown from a mile away. the clothes look so well made. I will ditch the dress with the superman cape tho. the designer has a very strong point of view. this is so original and very refreshing.

the only problem is which nigerian celeb can wear these clothes . all the the times I have seen a celeb wear iconic invanity they didnt look good. omotola wears iconic invanity regularly and she usually looks horrible.seyi shay wore iconic invanity some few weeks ago, my god!!!!! she was a hot mess.

• duzegirl

August 16, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Their stylists must be getting something wrong. Iconic Invanity items always look very wearable to me. I love everything about this collection and I feel you on the red n white two piece outfit.

• Rebel

August 16, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Omotola NEVER looks horrible. Shut it!

4. amara

August 16, 2015 at 12:26 pm

They are beautiful and gorgeous.

5. Riri's twin

August 16, 2015 at 12:32 pm

I remember that Orange cape from when Omotola wore it ! Welldone iconic Invanity. I took notice of you when Omotola started wearing your clothes, and I have come to see why. Outstanding work

6. Ihuu

August 16, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Absolutely gorgeous ! Kate Henshaw,Seyi Say, Nse Ekpe-Itim, Genevieve Nnaji, Eku Edewor, Bolanle(ELTV), Dakore Akande, Dija, Yemi Alade to mention but a few…these ladies can slay one or more of these outfits I beleive.

7. Ano

August 16, 2015 at 1:43 pm

This is soooo lovely…

8. kemio

August 16, 2015 at 2:05 pm

awesome pieces!!!

9. BC

August 16, 2015 at 3:51 pm

I can see Omotola in all of them.

• Ada Bekee

August 16, 2015 at 7:24 pm

I can see myself in all of them too.

10. jazzy

August 16, 2015 at 11:23 pm

wooow!!! Iconic invanity is on a league of its own…..this is how its supposed to be done,…fresh, cohesive and aesthetically appealing. Bruno is spot on, you can spot and iconic Invanty piece from afar…….Her work has a distinct point of view and I’m almost certain that they are for a niche market, considering the amount of work that goes into each piece. I do hope that they will come up with a diffusion line for everyday people like myself very soon though.

11. Vivi

August 17, 2015 at 3:35 am

Lovely collection. Love the modelling of the clothes. Guess the designer got inspiration from east and southern africa as I can see bits of their traditional wears

12. Made

August 17, 2015 at 9:25 am

Looks Egyptian/Nubian themed…Thought the model was a mannequin at first..Clean and refined look on all the pieces too.

13. Que

August 17, 2015 at 2:50 pm

We all love the great looks n ensuing comments, but please o don’t go and carry these designs to your 5k tailor to imitate and then accusing them of doing dodgy jobs….this level of craftsmanship requires better time, skill and cash… don’t start giving mr moshood sleepless night on top forcing him to do what he didn’t send u to copy and then still forcing it for 5/10k….pls go to the market and buy bead and DIY first! .#helpcraftsmensurvive!

14. Mocha

August 17, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Perfection!

15. Kamal

August 18, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Very classy and well finished. Well Done Iconic Invanity!

16. Bunmi

August 19, 2015 at 7:38 am

I am really short of words ‘cos i am dazed by these collection. Iconic invanity, your handwork is blessed and graced

17. Miss T

August 19, 2015 at 9:50 am

I only got to know about Iconic Invanity yesterday and oh boy am i taken away i cant get enough of your desigs, beautiful and elegant. The second dress will surely look good on me i heart it, then the 12th dress oh lordy lordy m sold. Kudos guys!