Scoop

Kim Kardashian Gets Real about Fertility Struggles in C Magazine + Possibly Having her Uterus Removed

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

2Kim Kardashian might not be able to have third child with husband Kanye West after she gives birth to her second baby.

The 34-year-old reality TV star revealed to C Magazine that her doctors ‘think I’ll have placenta accreta again, so if the placenta grows a little bit deeper than it did last time, then they are prepared to have my uterus removed, which is a little scary for me’.

She reveals more intimate details about her pregnancy in an interview with C Magazine, in which she graces the cover of the September issue.

The issue of the magazine is tagged ‘Unfiltered’.

1 3

Read excerpts below.

On being selective with projects: “I used to do anything and everything. When a brand would come to me and it sounded like a good deal, I would do it. But I see how my husband [Kanye West] doesn’t do anything unless he is in control and believes in it—I was doing anything just to do it, and I had to take a step back.”

On what she wanted to be when she was younger: “When I was 12 or 13 I would tell my best friend that we had to be on The Real World. It had just come out and I was like, ‘When we are 18 we have to make audition tapes.’ And I remember she said, ‘We’re not going to make tapes, we are going to have my dad call,’ because her dad was a manager in the business. Then she said, ‘I don’t want to be on a show but I’ll be your manager.’ And now she is in the management business and I’m working on a reality show with the same production company that does The Real World.”

On the criticism of her pregnancy style the first time around: “It was the worst! I couldn’t help it, and everyone would say, ‘She can’t stop eating.’ I delivered at 180, and they were like, ‘She’s 210 pounds. She’s getting dumped because she’s too fat’ and all these ridiculous stories. It really took a toll after the fact, when I was losing weight. I gained 50 pounds, and it’s tough to get it off. I was dedicated, but also, it changed the way I viewed wanting my picture taken. Before I was always smiling, and so into being out and about. After I had the baby, I was like, these are the same people that made fun of me, and posted the stories that were so awful, calling me fat for something I couldn’t control. I don’t want to smile for them. I don’t want to be out. Even if I was more confident, I just didn’t feel like being that girl who was going to be smiling for every photo. It changed my mood; it changed who I was; it changed my personality a lot.”

For more on Kim, visit MagazineC.com.

Photo Credit: C Magazine

1. Tiki

August 28, 2015 at 9:41 am

I’m beginning to like this girl more and more. I think her marriage to Kanye has helped to ground and mature her. Plus, I learned something new today ie ‘placenta accreta’. Off to Google it.

• Beeeee

August 28, 2015 at 10:46 am

I agree, marriage has started to mature her…fertility struggles are the worst and I doff my hat to anyone currently going through any fertility issues….i went through this as well and i know the pain, heartache and sometime heartbreak involved. . We are all human beings and we all make mistakes…what matters is how you pick yourself up….we all do some pretty nasty things behind closed doors and its so much easier for us to judge these so-called “celebrities” because we are not in the spotlight…kudos to her

2. mrs chidukane

August 28, 2015 at 10:55 am

Very candid interview. I hope she doesn’t get a hysterectomy cos it will push her into early menopause. To all the ladies with fibroids, don’t do it unless you’re ready for premature aging.

• Frida

August 28, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Even if she has her uterus removed now….she won’t necessarily go into menopause if her ovaries are preserved.
      The ovaries are what produces oestrogen….Once oestrogen is gone, then menopause sets in. However she won’t be menstruating but she won’t be menopausal either!

3. nene

August 28, 2015 at 11:03 am

this girl is a big liar. she doesn’t have any placenta acreta at problem biko. she doesn’t want any more children but she can never say the truth. all her family does is lie to the public when it suits them.

4. nene+

August 28, 2015 at 11:16 am

These are the celebrities I like them for their honesty! Not some who said they where shooting movies, busy and waited 3 years!

I have put that lies under my feet. A lot of women went thru infertility, one month, two months, 6 months, so when we hear such stories we scale it on truthometer!

Kim I pray you can have as many as you want. Baby dust to those waiting!

If you like call nene+ names, the truth has just been told!

• smh smh

August 28, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Thank you. Nene.when I heard that actress ay she was filming for three years that’s why she couldn’t have a baby yet I was like Wharrahell. Didn’t you just produce direct and star in a movie you just reeased now and stil promorting with the pregnacy. Primary or secondary infertiity is not a curse.u have overcome wheather tru IVF or whatever . Stop with that mofoic excuse.its better u don’t say any than that obvious lie. We are al happy for you and ur baby honey. Oh and congrats kimmy kakes on ur incoming baby boy.

5. Nancy

August 28, 2015 at 11:27 am

And u know she lying, because of what…. Your psychic abilities maybe

• eri

August 28, 2015 at 12:14 pm

And how wud u knw? It’s pple lyk u dat make it hard for odas 2 b honest. Do u av any idea how scary such stuff are. I pray u dn’t experience infertility o oda problems during childbirth. O mayb u shld.

6. kelechi

August 28, 2015 at 11:44 am

Haba Nene give the girl a break bikonuuuu! Person wey born 2pickins no try…….how many more should she have? a lot of us have 2/3 kids

7. hey!

August 28, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Wow! Nice one Kim.

8. Afua

August 28, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Call me crazy, but nothing this family does ever seems sincere! Kim shouted out to the whole world that she hated being pregnant, and would never go through with it again. I even saw a red carpet interview where she voiced these same views, and one of her sisters chastised her for it, saying she was ungrateful.
    Now that the ratings of the show have slipped considerably, they need a new storyline for her, and thought of this mess.
    North turned 2 in June, and Kim is already 6 months pregnant. That doesn’t sound like infertility issues…just normal spacing between kids.

• jide

August 29, 2015 at 10:16 pm

I mean even Bruce snipped of his junk all cos these beeshes were getting more attention than him, an olympian for that matter

9. mabel

August 28, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Oh please go away [email protected] Afua. One of my sis hated her first pregnancy. The same sis who hates menstruation. She has 3 kids now. She was very eager to have the second and third child. When we remind her of her first preg she just smiles and says it’s a lie jor. People are different and their experiences are too. So don’t judge her by that. Don’t take people’s fertility issue as a joke or outright lies. As if somebody will use her mouth to curse herself. Goan sit down. Kimmy dearie, I pray God makes every cell, tissue, organ and systems in your body function perfectly IJN. The same goes to everyone whose body is misbehaving.

10. Mostest

August 28, 2015 at 5:26 pm

@afua. See what lies and hating is doing to you. Yes Kim said her last pregnancy was tough but she always maintained she’d do it again. She always said she loved her relationship with her sister growing up and wanted a sibling for north. Her fertility struggles are well documented from seeing a psychic to sexing her hubby 50 times a day. I don’t know how people would think going through pregnancy will be for ratings. It’s like people think the kardashians are robots, no emotions whatsoever, everything is for publicity. They don’t need to anymore. The whole world knows who they are and their fans are in millions. For every 1 hater they have 10 fans who adore them.

11. jide

August 29, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Kim Kardashian can lie for Africa. Anything to sstay in the news. Same binsh who said they told her can’t conceive, yet kaboom had North out of Wedlock out of wreckless banging. Problem with these celebs is they fake a loot of ish so they can seem relatable /every day. KIM has not fertility issues.

12. Ebere

August 30, 2015 at 1:14 am

I feel her pains, i have been trying to get pregnant for 6years now and no baby yet, so i definitely understand where she is coming from. Life would have been easier if it were “boy meets girl, they get married and have as much babies as they want” but for some people like me, it doesn’t work that way……….Good luck Kim….

• Audrey

August 30, 2015 at 4:06 pm

It is well. Keep hope alive and keep praying. God will himself strong.