Style

Rain & Harmattan Fashion Collections Are In! See Menswear Label FemyToys’ 2015 Lookbook – “Geometry By Toys”

FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August017It looks like there is a new trend in Nigerian fashion with the growing inclusion of collections for Harmattan and Rainy seasons. With the absence of Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter seasons in Nigeria, more designers are taking it upon themselves to design collections more tailored to the Nigerian audience.

A few weeks ago, we had a Rain collection by House of Marie, and then Josh Amor unveiled theirs. Now, menswear label FemyToys is unveiling its Rainy/Harmattan 2015 collection.

Titled “Geometry By Toys“, the lookbook showcases a collective of smart casual pieces with bold colours that would suit any man’s wardrobe.

According to the Head Designer, Femi Adeyemi – “Sequel to the success of the brands polka and floral collections, there was a need to amalgamate patterns, hence the need for “Geometry.” Patterns and plain shapes like circles and polygons, as well as aztec, paisley, floral and spiral prints are featured, adding a soft & creative edge to the menswear collection.

Check it out!

FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August001 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August007 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August008 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August003 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August006 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August005 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August002 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August009FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August004FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August016 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August011 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August015 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August012 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August013 FemToys Rainy Harmattan Collection 2015 - Bellanaija - August014

Photo Credits
Photography: Shola Ajisegbede (Website: Sniperajixphotography.wordpress.com | Instagram: @SniperAjix)
Makeup: Kasumu Aisha (Instagram: @AishaTalkative)
Stylist: Laura Hils (Instagram: @LauraHils)

To find out more about FemyToys, follow them on Instagram & Twitter: @FemyToys | Send an e-mail to: [email protected] | Call:  0810 318 6239, 08024307932 | Find them on Facebook: Facebook.com/FemyToys

1. lola

August 28, 2015 at 11:31 am

Nice collections, but I think the model is too stiff.

• PH Boy

August 28, 2015 at 4:16 pm

…are you buying the outfit or the model???

• chorkbwoiClotn

September 1, 2015 at 11:20 pm

D model is cool(cupi)and d out fit re perfect,pls kip the good wrk going.bleSs!!!

2. ayda

August 28, 2015 at 11:35 am

Better! It’s now remaining for us to stop forming by calling mineral soda. 9ja for Life! We rock and we should shout it from the rooftop!

3. lad

August 28, 2015 at 11:36 am

Waow! We like already! Rain/Harmattan? reminds me of school days! Finally, we are beginning to appreciate our season. We wey never see winter abi spring before, designers wan confuse me! Lovely collection, I really really like this. The red and wine? I crave!!!!

4. bruno

August 28, 2015 at 11:44 am

any time I have an idea, I will just keep quite. this rain/harmattan season collection was my idea. bellanaija u are my witness when I made that suggestion. nigerian designers be stealing my ideas since 1960.

by the way u are getting it wrong. it isn’t rain/harmattan season collection together. u can not wear the same clothes u wear during rainy season during harmattan season.

it is suppose to be raining season collection separate and harmattan season collection separate. you’re welcome

• Mee

August 28, 2015 at 12:38 pm

@bruno, your idea? Lol. SHebi na only you dey this world wey God give idea?! Well, even if it’s yours, why you no use am? hate to burst your bubble but no, you aint getting no credit! Byeee Sikira!

• Taiwo

August 28, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Seriously LMAOOOO @ bye Sikira!! Una no go kii pesin

• Iyabo

August 28, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Ideas are in the air…….use or lose

5. Bar Baric

August 28, 2015 at 11:58 am

These look lovely, and finally someone is calling it what it is around these parts: Rain & Harmattan!

6. Christian Sister

August 28, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Ewww please. I know yall have been clamoring for this rain/harmattan title as opposed to winter, fall, spring or summer collections. But tbh, it sounds so backward. What is my harmattan collection? or rain collection? No. No. No. Winter/Autumn season is a cold season, hence that can be substituted for our rainy/harmattan season. Spring/summer is a dry warm season, hence, that can be substituted for our dry season too. Its fashion 101.
    I’m really embarrassed for the designers going that route tbh.
    Anyway, back to the collection, I love! The roses on the floor were unnecessary tho, but the collection is a good start. Kudos to the designer.

• nikky

August 28, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Maybe backwards is not the right language, it just sounds odd because I don’t believe it has ever be done before. With that said it is the seasons we have in Nigeria. I believe will be embraced over time if our local designers embrace it.

• Idomagirl

August 28, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Are you aware that dry season is the same as harmattan? Your comment reads as if rainy season = harmattan…

7. Roots Odutola

August 28, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Femi good job! Love everything!

8. Author Unknown

August 28, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Do we dress according to seasons in Nigeria? The reason designers from colder climes use the seasons to describe their collection is because what people wear in the Winter is different from that in the Summer, and so on. The fabric is different, and so is the style oftentimes. Nigerian designers switching from Winter collection to Harmattan collection still makes no sense, as what we wear in June is what we wear in December, with maybe the occasional sweater if you live in the north. Rainy season collection without a raincoat or an umbrella? Follow Follow culture.
    By the way, nice designs and handsome model here.

• Idomagirl

August 28, 2015 at 4:09 pm

I don’t know where in Nigeria you live but the weather does change and people wear warmer clothes. Can it be improved upon, sure but I think this is a nice departure from all the winter/summer nonsense other designers have been giving us.

• Idomagirl

August 28, 2015 at 4:09 pm

*the weather does change in some places (can’t speak for all of Nigeria)

• Author Unknown

August 28, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Please tell me what part of Nigeria you live in, and if you have clothes that you wear from April to August, but can’t wear in December. I’d love to know. I agree with you Idomagirl. Any departure from Winter/Summer talk is welcome. Unfortunately, Nigerians aren’t the only ones caught up in the season description. People from the Caribbean do it too!

• Koffie

August 29, 2015 at 7:46 pm

For shoes, it would be undebatable. I can’t wear some of my shoes during this rainy season. I wear easier to clean ones and many people who don’t care for fashion and those who care, do not cringe at the sight of fancy rubber sandals. It’s appropriate for the rain.
      For clothes, I lived in the North for awhile and you dare not wear your short skater dresses, shorts, chiffon tops during the crazy harmattan. You see people in cardigan, denim etc. my friend that served in Plateau state used to wear a cardigan on her Nysc khaki shirt and wear her white sports top on it during morning parade ? crazy but true.
      Finally, Lagos is not Nigeria ehn. That it’s not applicable in Lag doesn’t mean that’s the voice of everybody else. That said, these clothes would not quite cut it for harmattan in some states.

9. ITK

August 28, 2015 at 2:48 pm

hmmmm……A for effort but the sewing was very pooor……lawd!!!! see the poor executions. I cant shout abeg.

lovely designs and will appreciate them on men, but the sewing needs improvement.

10. tade

August 28, 2015 at 5:27 pm

this designer tho… we have geography(rain harmattan) and mathematics(geometry) combined together and infused into fashion… hmmm.
    nice one anyways….

11. J3nnif3r

August 28, 2015 at 7:17 pm

@Christian Sister, shut ur mouth up… aren’t u proud of the seasons we have in naija? must we always copy the west? The tailor/designer did very well with this creation and the title as well.. If it doesn’t suit u, pls go hug a transformer.

12. NaijaPikin

August 28, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Author unknown have you ever been to Jos in December? Do you know it rains hailstones there?

Try and enter Jos with tshirt in Dec and see if you will not freeze.

Nice collection. But I feel I have seen it before in Papa Omisore’s collection

13. Skay

August 29, 2015 at 3:08 pm

While am in love with the design…. am not sure this material works well for the so called harmattan/Rain season…. Would love to see what dis would look like with a material like brocade …. but what do i know!

Design is dope though

14. BlueEyed

August 29, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I actually like this….the length is doing it for me

15. Tosin

August 30, 2015 at 4:39 am

happy 🙂

16. Joy

August 31, 2015 at 4:55 pm

This looks very Papa Omisore but looks like he has started a trend!! Papa the trend setter!