Scoop

It’s Such an Exciting Show! Catch up on Episodes 1 to 7 of Close Up’s #ILoveNigeria Game Show!

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Stephanie Coker

This game show from Close Up Nigeria, called ‘I Love Nigeria’ is actually fun to watch.

Here’s how it works.

The show, hosted by Stephanie Coker, is a patriotic battle to see just how much your favourite celebrities know about Nigeria.

There are basically two teams – One headed by media personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu and the other by comedian Tee A – and other celebrities join the different teams each week.

There have been 7 episodes so far with the 8th one showing this weekend.

So far on the show they have had stars like Dakore Akande, Moet Abebe, Ehiz, Yvonne Ekwere, Zainab Balogun, Joseph Benjamin, Adesua Etomi, Toke Makinwa, Mocheddah, Rachel Oniga, Oreka Godis, Ozzy Agu, Falz, Linda Ejiofor, Noble Igwe, Makida Moka, OC Ukeje, Wale Ojo, Jesse Jagz, Skales, Sasha, DJ Jimmy Jatt, Deyemi Okanlawan, Reekado Banks, Osas Ajibade, Daddy Showkey, Okey Bakassi and many more.

The show typically runs for about an hour.

Catch up on all the past episodes below.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

1. happygogirl

September 12, 2015 at 11:21 am

My best TV show presently! Very fun, interesting and educative, and u also get to realise our celebs our humans like us, lol, d oda day zainab didn’t know the title of the emir of sokoto, sultan, and noble didn’t know the first female gov in naija, and who sang d popular sweet mother song! And that woman dat plays tomi odunsi’s mum in tinsel spelt ewa agoyin as ewa agoyen! Lol! Fun all d way! Ehen, someone should please explain to me why ebuka’s team always wins? Na jazz? Plus Dakore was super enlightened when she featured on d show, reeling out all the answers shaparly!

2. Tari

September 12, 2015 at 11:59 am

I rightly could not stand Stephanie due to that pretentious crap Wardrobe show on EL.
    However,i need to applaud her for her superb hosting of this fun-filled show.
    I love every bit of it.
    It is wholesome fun and I wish it will be renewed for more seasons.
    I was very impressed with Dakore too in the episode she featured, Ebuka I am used to, T.A. is good too.
    Take a bow Ms. Stephanie and well done to everyone involved in this simple fun-filled show.

3. Gap

September 12, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Best T.V show. I love the concept.

4. Le coco

September 12, 2015 at 2:05 pm

This show raises my blood pressure. . I’m always scrambling to answer the questions. . Lol. . The day I realised osas ighodaro can’t spell.. Nd kehinde bankole too.. my funniest moment was wen they asked daddy showkey what arm of government does the Nigeria police belong to.. Nd his answer was SECURITY. .. lwkmd

5. Truth

September 12, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Great and educational show. The presenter is okay, but she needs to learn to pronounce native words. I hope she at least practices before the show.

6. loving me

September 12, 2015 at 2:18 pm

I don’t like the fact that Stephanie disturbs and kinda give Tee a hard times. She looks like an impartial judge who seems to be on ebuka’s side. I think it’s best for the show if she is more neutral…

7. Shirley

September 12, 2015 at 2:34 pm

My best show on Tv at the moment. Very enlightening. There has been no PR for this show though and that’s really sad.

8. brown-ice

September 12, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Love the show but can somebody please advice Stephanie to remove her braids and try looking different. She’s been on those braids since the beginning of the show and this is the 7th episode already. Haba babe fear God!!

9. Tunmi

September 12, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I love game shows!!!! And Stephanie is such a lively host.

See, Naija and this Mrs. Palava. We all know her as Toke oh. Ohmygossshhhh they have Kunle Bamtefa from Fuji House of Commotions ??????. I am gonna love this show ?????

10. Tunmi

September 12, 2015 at 3:41 pm

I love that folks are not putting on an accents. Oh my, I am loving Stephanie. Seyi Sodimu too!!!!!! This show is excellent and reintroducing our old celebs. Oh my goodness, yes. This can serve as Dancing With The Stars in the US.

I love that close-up ad. Both the man and woman are fully clothed. Usually, it’s the woman that is half naked. Here both have equal amount of clothing. ??? I love the commercials. I love em love em love em?????. Lack of brown people in US commericaks will do that to you. And the maggi commercial features a man and woman who both own restaurants. Chai, Nigerians are such feminists, they don’t even know it. (Well sometimes). And I’m gonna have to take that back with the Omo commercial. Only ladies wash clothes? Tsk

The games are hilarious. Thanks CloseUp and thanks BN

11. Tunmi

September 12, 2015 at 3:47 pm

I need to practice my Naija trivia.

12. Tunmi

September 12, 2015 at 3:50 pm

The buzzer should announce time not Steph. Once the buzzer comes on, she can then declare “Time is up”

13. bubble

September 12, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Never knew I wasn’t the only one who noticed it. She always impatient with Tee a’s team. She always put them on the edge. Nah that’s not nice as a show anchor. If she likes a Ebuka in the real world, she shouldn’t bring that likenesses in to the show. Not good at all !!!!

14. spicy

September 12, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Am i the only one who thinks Stephanie was asked to tone down her Britico accent for this show..lol

15. Nik

September 12, 2015 at 7:54 pm

I love the show but the host is over stepping her boundaries. She should host and leave the contestants to do their job. she is bringing too much into it “you dont know?”

16. Tunmi

September 12, 2015 at 8:28 pm

2nd episode: Ozzy Agu is handsome hmmm-mmh-mmmm. I love this show yo!! Everyone looks good. I wonder if they have tickets for the audience. Hey, how about competing for charity or for schools. Or how about having school students in the audience?

17. Tunmi

September 12, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Okay, Stephany has a bias against Ebuka’s team. Hopefully, it improves by the next episodes

18. jasmine

September 12, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Step is just so beautiful to me. The day Yvonne came, I laughed and laughed. Her facial expressions r just so funny. Ebuka’s team always av intelligent folks except the day skales came.

19. Janet

September 13, 2015 at 1:56 am

Watching it for the first time and absolutely love it.

I used to dislike steph, but she tried small with this show

20. Ello Bae

September 13, 2015 at 4:02 am

I love this show. Stephanie you cannot help the contestants. Please stop helping Team Ebuka ejo

21. Joshua A

September 13, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Definitely found it intriguing, insightful as well as entertaining the 1st time I saw it. Nice concept. [Btw, Stephanie Coker has a bright future ahead of her, plus she confidently beautiful in her ebony skin, especially in a generation where we are made to believe beauty is ‘lai-skin’]

22. Joshua A

September 13, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Definitely found it intriguing, insightful as well as entertaining the 1st time I saw it. Nice concept. [Btw, Stephanie Coker has a bright future ahead of her, plus she is confidently beautiful in her ebony skin, especially in a generation where we are made to believe beauty is ‘lai-skin’]

23. Tunmi

September 13, 2015 at 5:49 pm

4th episode in and yes, Stephany does have vias towards Ebuka’s team. I’m on team Tee-A just for that despite Ebuka’s charisma. I can see myself just chilling with the dude over palm wine and suya. Stephany is really doing a good job and I love her braids. I wanna be a studio audience too ???. Those songs sometimes ehn, it just goes to show many of the popular songs are recycled over and over. Jesse Jagz is so short…. I did not hexperrrerit. Oohhhh they should totally have Gerrouraherre guy on the show and some more veteran actors and musicians. I am tempted to post a video reaction to this show, should I? Or just a review?

24. Eskor

September 13, 2015 at 8:35 pm

who sing the official song of dis program.. wat’s the title of d song.can someone download it?

• Godfrey

September 14, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Here’s a link to the full song goo.gl/pdCT4O

25. kay

September 13, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Nice show. Bn following it but I think Stephanie prefers Ebuka’s team to d other team. Its a game show. The host shld be neutral and its best if each question z actually timed.

26. temz

September 14, 2015 at 8:43 am

Sodimu has the weirdest answers!!! Love it!

27. praiso

September 14, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Steph is partial joo! she seems to favour ebuka’s team more. it is not fair jare.

28. Natalia akila

September 15, 2015 at 8:44 am

Such a lovely show…I love it and also love the fact that Steph try to turn down her britico accents…Overall, the show is 100% great

29. Funke lomo

September 15, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Can someone plz explain to me why in the universe Skales is still putting on that shades?

30. dola

September 23, 2015 at 12:56 am

steph is clearly team Ebuka… is dt love i see in her eyes????? Dakore is a G!!!! Smart woman… u just got to love Shaffy”s feistiness.

31. nelo

September 25, 2015 at 12:01 am

@dakore all d way! d most brilliant chic on d show so far!!

32. Tosin

October 6, 2015 at 4:01 am

🙂

33. Olayinka

October 11, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Nice show. How can one be part of the audience?

34. Aniwura Omolayo

October 12, 2015 at 11:18 am

The set is marvellous! Where in Nigeria is that and who’s the set designer? Plus the host is fun, firm and perfectly-paced all at once. My husband and I do not miss this show… well done, people… you make us proud!

35. Aysha Sarky

October 28, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Episode 12 pls any1 watched it?