News

Protest Reportedly Ongoing at UNILAG Over Bed Bug Infestation

BellaNaija.com

Word on the Twitter streets this morning is that University of Lagos (UNILAG) students are staging a protest over an alleged bed bug infestation currently plaguing on-campus residences.

Here are some photos of the alleged protest floating around Twitter:

Bedbug1 BedBug2 BedBug3 Bedbug4 Bedbug5

***

Calling on all UNILAG BellaNaijarians… is this news really true?

Photo Credit: Twitter

1. anie

September 28, 2015 at 10:51 am

It is very true. The only time I got a new bed was when I was in my first year. My final year, I saw the bed I was given, returned in and brought a new one from home. They beds are in terrible shape, most of them should be thrown out, burnt and replaced. Not only bed bugs, some of them have nasty stains on them that are unexplainable. Then the school claims to have fumigation done each year,ppft. Please I saw a fumigation once, and it was the gutter that was being fumigated.

• ATL's finest

September 28, 2015 at 11:24 am

@ Anie lol — Yes last sentence tho ??Main looking that those foams, I’m having goose bumps all over me. That mess need to be thrown in d trash. So dirty & yeap bed bugs is an understatement for such foams.. Items like this should be brought from home anyway.

2. ElessarisEllendil

September 28, 2015 at 11:50 am

Hold up, just the beds?? So I assume I’m the only person who finds the toilets disgusting!!! Meanwhile I keep hearing of this TETFUND but see nada of it.

3. Jojo

September 28, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Those mattresses need to be burned. They look like they are 100 years old

4. Drknite

September 28, 2015 at 7:47 pm

EWWW! I cant believe people are required to sleep on that nastiness,

5. ti

September 28, 2015 at 8:38 pm

So y d frenzy to get an admission into dis bug infested school, somehow,d management must b probed,code of conduct bureau,Efcc pls fish dem out,the revolution of change must touch all spheres

6. molarah

September 28, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Bed bug bawo? Berra goan buy Baygon and focus on reading your books! 😛

I really don’t get where they are coming from. For my 4 years in UNILAG I brought my mattress from home, never used the ones provided by the school.

7. mabel

September 28, 2015 at 9:52 pm

My sis and I used our own mouka foam throughout our stay in school. Why would somebody want to use the school bed in the first place? They are old and dirty. You don’t need a biologist to tell you they will be infested with bugs.