Style

A Guide to Caring for & Loving Your Natural Hair! Watch Part 1 of Nigerian Vlogger Ronke Raji’s New Series

Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 20150012If you love crisp photography, makeup, fun videos on natural hair and bold hues, then you’ll love natural hair vlogger, Ronke Raji. The beauty photographer & makeup artist is one of our faves to watch, and she has started a natural hair series we are sure you’ll love.

The 9-part feature is aimed at dishing out information to the natural hair community, and will feature different women talking about their natural hair. The essence is to help different women with various hair textures figure out their individual coils, and get information from ‘seasoned naturalistas’ on how to care for, style and live life as a naturalista.

Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 20150011

Ronke Raji (@RonkeRaji)

Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015009

Ronke with Temitope Ogundeji (@NaturallyTemi)

Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 20150010

Ronke with Dayna Dane (@ItsDaynaDane)

The natural hair series features names like Temitope Ogundeji, Dayna Dane, Rachel Lancaster, and more women of colour with natural hair.

Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015 Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015001 Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015002 Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015003 Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015005 Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015008 Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015006 Ronke Raji Natural Hair Series - BellaNaija - October 2015007

For the first episode, we get to hear from Cameroonian naturalista, Joyce Alouchka. She has Coily-Kinky natural hair and describes it as ‘tough’ to work with. She’s been natural for about 8 years now, and says the hardest part about being natural is learning to accept yourself irrespective of the views of others.

Watch!

Get to know more about her and another Nigerian youtuber we love, Temitope Ogundeji below:

To find out more about Ronke Raji, follow her on Instagram: @RonkeRaji & @RonkeRajiMakeup | Send an e-mail to: [email protected] | Watch her on Youtube: Ronke Raji

1. Ikorodu Bella

October 12, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Americans, always trying to take over the world… Even the Nigerian Americans.

They are all so beautiful though

• Ronke Raji

October 12, 2015 at 3:03 pm

I’m actually fully Nigerian, born and bred. Lived there all my life. Have only been in America four years. But thanks ?

• Ronke Raji

October 12, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Well born in America lol.

• Vix

October 12, 2015 at 3:58 pm

#clapbackseason…lol… j/k…but, what does Americans trying to take over the world have to do with a natural hair blog that showcases women with all textures from all over the world??? sigh, there always have to be some hate I guess. Anyway, I think what you guys are doing is awesome. I follow you and Temi on YouTube and as a Nigerian with natural hair, I am truly inspired by you ladies! Keep up the good work. By the way, y’all are funny as hell.

2. Judith

October 12, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Born in America & raised in Naija…
    What does it matter?
    She still reps Nigeria… & is incredibly beautiful!

3. *curious*

October 12, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Mehn! The natural hair struggle is real. All the same, natural hair is the bizness.

Lovely videos.

4. jide

October 12, 2015 at 8:25 pm

When my hair was permed with mama kubura edges, I used to beef naturalistas and their live and let die drama about their hair. Now that I have been natural for 4 years with shoulder length 4c hair, I have become a. Natural hair nazi. I am the chic stalking other naturalistas at whole foods asking trying too ask themm what products they use. And the few timed I’m not wearing a wig, I get loads of compliments, it’s not even funny

5. hmm

October 12, 2015 at 9:43 pm

well done Temi and Ronke, will check out your pages thanks Ladies

6. CurvesAndEdges

October 13, 2015 at 2:59 am

Great hair, fun videos, pretty girls.

I couldn’t get over Temi’s…. eh…. grammar though…. “No, you wasn’t”, “You was born in Towson”, etc. etc. Why now? I suspect you actually do know the right tenses…