Career

A Peek Into the Life Of…Founder of Corporate Governance Organisation – Kelechi Mbiamnozie

BellaNaija.com

We made a call for BellaNaija readers to be a part of a new exciting feature series called, ‘A Peek Into The Life Of which the Team has been working on. {Click here if you missed it} We’ve been very excited by the feedback we’ve received and we’re happy with the submissions we’ve been receiving. It feels so good to get to know our readers better – what they do. So far, we’ve had four interestingly diverse features. ‘Deyemi OkanlawonChinedu Anarado Jennifer Akporehe Tosan Iwere,  Adetomi Imoteda Aladeokomo, ‘Tito Balogun , Taiwo ‘Taiyel’ Lawanson, Martins Lawrence Akande and Yetunde Odugbesan-Omede.

Kelechi + MbiamnozieJob Title
Founding Chairman/President at the Nigerian Council. And President at SpiderHawk Global Corporation

What you do specifically?
I work across different sectors within the global economic, socio-cultural and political spectrum to build synergies between the government and people of Nigeria, and the world aimed at widening the frontiers of opportunities, harnessing innovations for sustainably secure and prosperous Nigeria’s future.

Core responsibilities
Responsible for the overall management of the Nigerian Council, SpiderHawk and other international engagements.

How long have you been at this job?
I have been steering the Nigerian Council ship since the last four years. Within these year’s, we have opened offices in nine countries around the world. And have been presiding over the affairs of SpiderHawk (a global consulting that engages national governments, public and private sectors, as well as multilateral bodies on security, business, investment, processes, logistics, defense and intelligence)

Highlights of your job
Waking up every day with a deep sense of responsibility and obligation of lifting up those who cannot do for themselves, the least among us.
Kelechi + Mbiamnozie + Joy OgwuKelechi + Mbiamnozie + susan rice
In the long history of the world, only few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom and equality in its hour of maximum danger. I don not shrink from this responsibility, I welcome it.

Downsides of your job
We live in an unequal world, our strengths are not the same. I notice that most people need a helping hand. But even when I try to help and face numerous shortcomings, I see that not as a downside, but an element that rekindles energy and strength to do more.

kelechi + Mbiamnozie + NigeriaIf you weren’t doing this, what would you be doing?
I would probably be an Evangelist and would still be doing this. It’s just a calling with some passion within, I guess?

On a scale of 1-10, how would you grade your skill set at this job?
I can’t tell, lol. I have asked my beautiful wife many times how I do at home, she graded me 9.99 and when I ask my staff members how I do at work, they didn’t give me any grade, they just said “I’m the world greatest”, I don’t know, maybe.

I’m living my career dream. Yes? No?
Yes. Without doubt, Yes.

Kelechi + Mbiamnozie + ihejirika5am – 5:30
Family morning prayers and here comes my day

5:35am – 6:30am
Post some early morning tweets, check emails, reserve appointments for the day meetings and take a good cup of Latte

7am:
Make breakfast for Melody, kayjay and wifey

7:30am:
Everybody on the dinning, eat, eat, eat, talk, talk, talk. Answering some questions from melody

8am – 9am:
Head out to work

10:30am:
Another business breakfast meetings with colleagues and staff members

11am – 2pm:
Clear my desk, do some work and get ready for series of consultations and bilaterals

2:30
Lunch break

5:00pm
Closing day consultation with some staff members, Q & A

7:00pm
Getting home, shower and spend some time to play with my little angels in the house.

8:30pm
Night family prayers and Kids must go to bed, mommy puts them to bed (cute wifey).

9:00pm
Watch CNN, MSNBC, Channels News and Read Bella Naija, LindaIkeji and Sahara Reporters for the day gists and gossips.

10:00-1:00am
Tidy up few office home work, make some calls.

1:00am
My day goes slow and down, sleepy sleepy, wifey time !!! Bed Time.

kelechi + Mbiamnozie + Nigeria5am comes so quick and here comes another new day.

I enjoy my schedule for now – a young dad, a professional and corporation leader, a husband and a humanitarian. I couldn’t have asked for any better opportunity. Thank God I have a great woman that complements my weakness and helps shape my way.

To every man I say, honor and love your wives, and you will earn the greatest inheritance on earth. Women are the greatest gift above all gifts.

You can check my website at www.kelechimbiamnozie.org and www.nigeriancouncil.org to learn what we do.

1. Joan85

October 5, 2015 at 7:43 pm

This might just be the best of all the features so far. Well done, Kelechi.
    P.S. His wife is a blessed woman, beta husband tinz… 😀

• Blah blah

October 5, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Why? Because it’s from a man who makes breakfast for his family, plays with his kids and praises his wife? He is a beta husband ba? Why? Honest question o. People have come forward to give you a glimpse into their lives and we start rating making others scared of coming forward. Everything na silent competition. Nigerians! Ever dying on top husband matter.

• Beht why

October 5, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Relax! It’s not that deep

• Joan85

October 5, 2015 at 11:27 pm

My dear, calm down, okay? It isn’t that serious. Just because I acknowledged a man kind enough to be open about his wife, there’s no need to have a heart attack biko. Who hurt you? It is well, things will be alright.

• Nwanneka

October 6, 2015 at 12:34 pm

I can imagine. Lovely people.

• Amanda

October 7, 2015 at 3:03 am

I was really motivated, impressed and empowered by his achievements, some people are just gifted with power and love to always doing more and more. @kelechi So proud of you indeed

2. kemi

October 5, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Wifey Time!!! I love it !!!

3. ife.

October 5, 2015 at 10:49 pm

So cute….

4. ElessarisEllendil

October 5, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Noticed that all of those who’ve been featured so far sleep an average of five hours daily, please they should reveal their coffee brands/quantity for the benefit of sleepy-heads like me. Biko!

• Truth

October 6, 2015 at 12:33 am

The coffee brand is called “motivation and go getters no matter what “coffee brand…mtchww

• fleur

October 6, 2015 at 3:11 am

Trust me, they are profiting from what youth gives naturally. If they fail to relent and scale down, cardiac and other chronic illnesses await them in their 40s. The body can only take so much. You need a lot of adrenaline to do that. Unfortunately adrenalin is a wear and tear hormone. It will wear the body systems down and make an elderly person of you in your 40s. Pause, sleep 8 hours minimum, smell the coffee and breathe. THe world wil continue with or without you.

• Nwanneka

October 6, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Bad Belle, sharrap there. go do your own

5. Ada

October 6, 2015 at 12:50 am

He is a nice guy. Was his brothers (Tochukwu) girlfriend to be one time lol. Was still in the toasting phase when I went for my masters. This World is a small place sha.

6. titi

October 6, 2015 at 8:16 am

most of the successful people i have read about sleeps less than 5 hrs a day! their must be a direct correlation between no of hours slept and success!

7. Adaeze Writes

October 6, 2015 at 10:57 am

I love the way he praises his wife! Nice!

• Chika

December 8, 2015 at 2:40 pm

they are two wonderful couples. know them very well and have spent some time with them in New York. Goodluck Kelechi, remember us when all is well. You are always in our prayers

8. Amina

October 6, 2015 at 11:10 am

What an inspiring man, @Kelechi Mbiamnozie I have met him at the United Nations during one of my visits, he stands for women, talks a lot about the wife. Almost in every conversation, he will remind u how women should be rightly treated. What a lucky women first, and a lucky man he is. An outstanding career, Nigeria go better oooo. Goodluck Kelechi.

9. Nnatu Igbe

October 6, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Leaders like is is what we need in this country, can the government steal this kind of men and charge them to perform, i hope naija go better soon. @kelechi I have learnt something form you today. Thank you for making me better. Lucky wife though!!!!

10. Justina

October 6, 2015 at 12:17 pm

When the spirit of God is upon a man, he prospereth. Look at how they complement each other. Happy home, happy people. Lucky children. God give me my own good husband. Bella Take Note

11. Abdulkarim

October 6, 2015 at 12:20 pm

@Kelechi This is Abdu from the World Bank, we consulted together at the Nuclear Forum. I am so proud of you as a mentor, we learnt a lot from you. This government should grab you quick. You are genius in what you do. Can you send me a copy of the outcome document? Thanks you

12. Nwanneka

October 6, 2015 at 12:32 pm

I know this man very well. In Owerri, he use to visit his brother “Tochukwu”. Very Calm, very nice, my girlfriends wanted him like crazy, he refused. lol Guess he found the right woman. This life is deep, i am so proud of him. He is now a big man of international repute.

13. Amanda

October 7, 2015 at 3:05 am

HE IS INDEED A LEADER. WAO, VERY IMPRESSED. IS LIKE YOUNGER NIGERIANS NOW ARE CHALLENGING ALL ODDS TO SUCCEED? GOOD FOR THE NATION

14. Cynthia

December 8, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Wao! Wao! Wao! @kelechi, this is me, you use to visit your brother in Owerri, now you are a big man, anyway, i never had any doubt considering your achievements. You always keep to yourself whenever you visit owerri, very gentle too and always friendly. You brother @tochukwu wronged me and he knows it, i hope he reads this message. Thank God for you, i will really like to get in touch with you for some advice on career. Congrats and i am so proud reading about you here

15. Frank

December 8, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Kelechi is one of the nicest persons you can ever deal with in this life, always putting people first before himself, God fearing and humble. @cynthia if you have any problem with the brother, go deal with it and stop posting it here. Kelechi my friend, you may not remember but we served together in Ibadan, you are an amazing mentor during the Peer Education Program, we called you “Rabbi”, keep the flag flying high and we are so proud of you.

• Donald

December 8, 2015 at 2:30 pm

He is indeed a nice person. Met him once in Abuja, since then, we became like family. He is a good man that tells you the honest truth even when it hurts. Congrats Kayman

16. Uche

December 8, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Many successful men in this life are married to good women, i just noticed. I am inspired here Kelechi, you are an amazing leader, saw you on Channels the other defending Buhari, although i disagree with him, you made a great case for him. Are you working with the government now? You people should please make Nigeria better. We believe in you

17. Abubarkar Rimi

December 8, 2015 at 2:26 pm

He is a good man, very good man. And honest human being who you can depend on. Congrats Kelechi, i saw you on Aljazeera, so happy you are breaking the ice and soaring higher. The miss you at the Office, i know you are up for bigger dreams and higher things for this Nigeria. Please advice our President well that Nigerians are hoping on him to make things right.

18. Obinna

December 8, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Don Pido worldwide, i sight you my man, i am not surprise at all. You are just a gifted super hero, a mentor and a leader. I salute your courage

19. NaijaVix

December 8, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Respect Period!!!!

20. Beauty

December 8, 2015 at 2:49 pm

You can say that over and over again. Big Respect. He is my sisters colleague, they always speak good about him and how he treats people. Kudos Kelechi

21. kehinde

December 8, 2015 at 2:50 pm

How i wish i can find this kind man as a husband, men who work hard and cares about family. Respect to you my leader, big respect

22. Ojiugo

December 8, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Nwanne, keep riding on and on. Onye nso

23. Chidinma

December 8, 2015 at 3:32 pm

K.C. Couldn’t just ignore this post! You have done so well. Not so surprised at where you are today. Those days at U.I. PCS were hints you were gunning for the tops. I am so proud to say our paths crossed as course mates. Keep representing!

24. Chinemenma

December 8, 2015 at 6:55 pm

This guy is a great young man. In his 30’s. We are proud of you KC. Buhari should hijack you ooo, to work for this administration. Our future is bright with people like you.

25. Nwanneka

December 8, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Such a good guy. Always humble and doesnt look for any bodies problem. We worked in a team during our NYSC, in the face of many storms, he is just gifted. We are proud of you Kelechi, love from University of Ibadan

26. Baba Suwe

December 8, 2015 at 11:20 pm

I don’t know this guy everybody is pouring greetings and good wishes to, Kelechi you must be a blessed man then, if the earth can bear you this witness, heaven will make all way for you. What a gift of love you have from all, i have never seen any negative comments here about you, all are just praises, what a gift. Remain blessed my brother. Email me at babariga at yahoo dot com, i will like to associate with you my great leader

27. Igbokwenu

December 8, 2015 at 11:22 pm

Kelechi please, help us appeal to the President to work for the masses who voted for him. I know you are close to them in power and because everybody is saying that you are great, please make that greatness manifest in Nigeria, the country need people like you. God will bless you Sir.