BBNWonderland

Ink Eze: #BBNWonderland – Friendships Formed in a Fab Day Filled with Games, Gifts & Gorgeousness!

#BBNWonderland Brides“Welcome to Wonderland! – presented by Baileys & BellaNaija Weddings“, hostesses cooed as brides-to-be and guests checked in to a fabulous day filled with fun games and gifts.

From the ‘tunnel’ into Wonderland to the breathtaking 3D dress mural, a dream come true doesn’t begin to describe Saturday October 10, 2015, our #BBNWonderland event in collaboration with Baileys Nigeria.

The dreamy stage! Florals to LOVE by @theweddingguruu #BBNWonderland @baileysnigeria A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

A year ago, the idea for BellaNaija and BellaNaija Weddings‘ first event brewed from my desire to ‘get off the page’, for us to connect face-to-face with the brides who love the Insta feed, and of course BN weddings.

Uche Pedro, BellaNaija Founder and CEO, and Ijeoma Ndekwu of Redrick PR were the best, shaping this idea into a solid pitch.

Baileys was a natural fit for us to partner with – the brand is all about celebrating women, friendships, and celebrating special moments. It was a match made in Wonderland!

Baileys and BellaNaija team at #BBNWonderland. @bellanaijastyle

A photo posted by baileysnigeria (@baileysnigeria) on

Special thanks to Christine Ogbeh of The Wedding Guru and Quorum, for pushing things through. After a year of proposals and meetings – Thanks Ufuoma, Tobi, Banke, Moruff, Nike and more for your passion and hard work!, 10-10-15 was set to be a fab day at Four Points by Sheraton in Lagos.

Lara - Eventi Cocktails, Ufuoma Udjoh - Baileys Nigeria Brand Manager, Christine Ogbeh - The Wedding Guru, Ink Eze - BellaNaija Weddings

Lara – Eventi Cocktails, Ufuoma Udjoh – Baileys Nigeria Brand Manager, Christine Ogbeh – The Wedding Guru, Ink Eze – BellaNaija Weddings

The Wonderland weekend started off with brides flying in from all around the country on Friday, from Asaba, Delta State to Abuja, on an all-expense paid trip including flight and accommodation courtesy of Baileys Nigeria – see more about the brides’ luxe journey into town by clicking here.

Brides in the stretch Range Rover, courtesy of Island Limo

Brides in the stretch Range Rover, courtesy of Island Limo

The D-day itself started off with the brides getting dolled up by the BM|Pro team, headed by Banke Meshida-Lawal, Baileys brand ambassador.

@thestylecheapskate almost picture ready cc @bmpromakeup @baileysnigeria #bbnwonderland A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

During the event, two makeup artists were stationed outside the event for quick touch-ups, to get the brides pucker-perfect for their portraits, taken by @TheAtunbiExperience, and for individual videos by @KlalaFilms and @LanreEshoFilms.   The hall itself was dreamy decor by The Wedding Guru at its finest. We will have a post just with decor details when the professional photos by Atunbi Photography are ready, but for now, let these photos do the talking!

Surely, this is Wonderland! #BBNWonderland @bellanaijaweddings   A photo posted by baileysnigeria (@baileysnigeria) on

Our brides-to-be having so much fun #BBNWonderland cc @baileysnigeria   A photo posted by BN Weddings (@bellanaijaweddings) on

There were tons and games and prizes from selfie sticks courtesy of The Gift Haven to 10 bridal ‘Sprunch’ – spa packages at Four Points by Sheraton, Lagos, jewelry including a headpiece, bracelet and earrings from Zena Accessories and earrings from @MyVelvetBoxNG. The Coker Creative team crafted the games and assisted Bovi with them.

@officialbovi making sure our bride to be won her pair of earrings fairly #BBNWonderland @baileysnigeria A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

My favourite game was the one where the brides became mixologists, thanks to Lara of Eventi Cocktails! Bovi kept everyone entertained, while the DJ Crowd Kontroller had the brides on their feet during the breaks.

With @christineogbeh CEO @theweddingguruu #bbnwonderland A photo posted by Lara Rawa (@eventicocktails) on

Mixologists or brides to be? #BBNWonderland cc @baileysnigeria   A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

The brides also had Q&A’s with celeb bride and groom Osas Ighodaro and OC Ukeje about their weddings and about the first year of marriage, which a lot of experts say is the most difficult. Long distance marriage, finance – being richer than your spouse, homemakers vs working wives, the celebs were super candid about everything!

Q&A with @officialosas and @octhegreatukeje #bbnwonderland #baileys A video posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

Christine Ogbeh and Funke Bucknor-Obruthe of Zapphaire Dream Weddings gave amazing talks as well as goodies – all brides got 30% off The Wedding Guru services, and all went home with The Bridal Handbook by FBO.

Q&A session with @theweddingguruu who is responsible for today’s decor ❤️ #BBNWonderland cc @baileysnigeria   A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

Question & Answer session with @funkebucknor #BBNWonderland A video posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

Definitely feels like WONDERLAND. #BBNWonderland @baileysnigeria   A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

The grand prizes were given, the lucky brides were chosen by raffle draw – there were 7 in total !

• a Baileys bar for any wedding event
  • bridal makeup by Banke Meshida-Lawal
  • a honeymoon from Afric Holidays
  • wedding ring set worth up to $5,000 from Rings and Bands
  • a wedding dress by Blush by MyQ
  • a wedding photography package including pre-wedding photos, and wedding album courtesy The Five Studios & Atunbi Photography
  • a custom-made reception dress by April by Kunbi

Here’s Banke hugging Tejiri, the winner of the wedding makeup.

Free wedding makeup by @banksbmpro ☺️ #BBNWonderland #BellaNaijaWeddings cc @baileysnigeria A photo posted by BN Weddings (@bellanaijaweddings) on

The brides thought it was over, but they had No idea! Banky W emerged in a pink blazer , for a super surprise performance! Producer, artiste and pianist MasterKraft played the keys on the white piano, and Shaydee also dazzled the #BBNWonderland brides with his talent. Banky sounds soooo good live, it was unbelievable. With just a piano and vocals, he killed it.

The brides are loving @bankywellington right now #BBNWonderland cc @baileysnigeria A video posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

@bankywellington on the Mic serenading the brides to be at #bbnwonderland A video posted by @msceo101 on

@masterkraft_ on the piano for Banky. Great talent #BBNWonderland A photo posted by BN Weddings (@bellanaijaweddings) on

BellaNaija Team screaming for Banky! - Moremi, Jennifer, Feyikemi & Desola

BellaNaija Team screaming for Banky! – Moremi, Jennifer, Feyikemi & Desola

At this point I really wished I was a bride-to-be as ALL 34 brides went home with a golden bridal box, made by the amazing The Wedding Store.

Inside the box were a bridal mug, a Baileys compact mirror, a bridal robe saying ‘Wifey’ so they can wear it after the wedding from @idoweddingsng, The Bridal Handbook, a sought after BM|Pro lipgloss, bridal earrings from @LeRevePieces, a small Baileys bottle, a Baileys infused cupcake by Uzo of @CupcakeCoutureLagos, a selfie stick from The Gift Haven, 20% off Atunbi Photography services, 10% off Rings and Bands NG jewelry and 10,000 Naira off Afric Holidays bookings.

There were two additional bags with Lancome Paris cosmetics and La Vie est Belle fragrance.

The morning after ☺ #bbnwonderland A photo posted by Maryam Mshelia (@maryammshelia) on

The brides were then hosted to a fab all expense-paid after-party by Baileys, at the hotel, but not before showing off their #BNbling! The brides in Lagos also got a free ride home, courtesy of Uber Lagos.

Wonderland Bands #bnbling #BBNWonderland cc @baileysnigeria A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

@Regrann from @bellanaijaweddings – Congrats brides! #BBNwonderland Gift boxes on fleek. By @theweddingstoreng @baileysnigeria #Regrann A photo posted by The Wedding Store (T W S) (@theweddingstoreng) on

#bbnwonderland A photo posted by Nneka Okosa (@nekiikosa) on

I am super blessed to have been a part of the first BellaNaija event, to be a part of the brides’ stories and journeys to forever, and I hope it’s the first of many, many fun times to come!

Off we go! Thank you @baileysnigeria and @bellanaijaweddings for a fantastic weekend. #bbnwonderland # #backtothebuj A photo posted by Maryam Mshelia (@maryammshelia) on

***

For ALL the live photos and videos from the weekend, check out the hash tag on Instagram – #BBNWonderland and follow @BaileysNigeria and @BellaNaijaWeddings for more !

Ink Eze is the Founder of AsoEbiBella.com, a platform for sharing African traditional styles. She Modern Culture and Media at the Ivy League Brown University. She honed her skills in advertising and digital media at one of America’s leading tech companies in marketing. She became BellaNaija Weddings editor in 2013, and Assistant Editor of BellaNaija, heading the lifestyle section - Style, Beauty and Living until January 2017. Under her leadership, BN Weddings gained international prominence and became Africa’s foremost wedding media brand with millions of followers across several platforms and coverage on BuzzFeed, BBC & more. #AsoEbiBella became BellaNaija.com’s top feature, with over 1.8 million followers on Instagram. She conceived of BBN Wonderland, Nigeria’s top bridal event since 2015 with Baileys Nigeria. Now she spends her time on AsoEbiBella, and has executed marketing campaigns with local and international brands including HP Nigeria, Orijin and Sunlight Detergent. and sharing her insights with the world. For more Ink, join her on @Ink.Eze | @AsoEbiBella

1. Kemi Filani

October 12, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Aww, this is so cooooooooool

2. rs

October 12, 2015 at 7:20 pm

so dreamy

3. Nne

October 12, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Well done BN, you all look fab

4. Tizzle

October 12, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Lovely post!!!!though I wasn t able 2 view most of the pictures….,not everyone uses an andriod or an iphone,pls help blackberry users like me by posting pictures cos I can’t view IG images with my phone. Thnx

5. Much

October 12, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Great job BN!! Lovely concept… Keep it up

6. L

October 12, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Wait. Are ink and Uche twins or sisters??

• nkechi

October 12, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Sisters…..Uche is the elder I think

7. Wura

October 12, 2015 at 8:16 pm

This is such a brilliant idea. Well bellanaij!

8. aikay

October 12, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Hmmmmm soooo beautiful, It looks like heaven. But na waaah oh all this whole jege for the bride? Abeg wetin una organise for the groom cos nah dem they bring the money oh before dem go vex. lol

9. Anony

October 12, 2015 at 10:01 pm

The event looks so amazing and I’m sure it was loads of fun for the brides. Kudos to Bella Naija and all the sponsors for such a lovely event.

10. kemi

October 12, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Nkechi Eze! Your shape is a killer tho!!! WHAT!

11. lacey

October 12, 2015 at 11:39 pm

When you see things like this on BN,you will Nigeria is like obodo Oyibo now like lalaland but when you visit you find out that it is all wash! Please what does BN think they are trying to do to promote people to start stealing to have big weddings,as was mostly after corrupt politicians entered positions that silly trend started! Biko promote modest weddings and stop all these fairy tales deceits! Anyway congrats to the lovely brides to be!

• dimmyvivy

October 13, 2015 at 7:51 am

@Lacey you should learn to see beauty in things. I get what you’re saying but right now and right here is not the troble with nigeria

• dimmyvivy

October 13, 2015 at 7:54 am

Reading your comments again,i wish you were there to get the hang of it, you should consider going to instagram and view the event wit #bbnwonderlnd

• Quisite

October 13, 2015 at 9:17 am

Lacey, I’m sure you’re one of those pathetic Nigerians in diaspora who see pictures of people living well and having fun in naija, and feel absolutely sympathetic about your miserable lives, and enrnomous bills you
      have to pay with low-paying jobs and never ending hustle. You’ll be alright.
      Your comment is so unnecessary. Maybe it’s wash cause you view it from your own rickety neighborhood in Nigeria. Smh, nonsense.

• Quisite

October 13, 2015 at 9:17 am

Enormous*

• bunmi

October 13, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Hi Lacey, we can’t all have the same focus. Why didn’t you build a website to promote what you are interested in. Great idea right?

12. dimmyvivy

October 13, 2015 at 7:37 am

It was indeed a once In a lifetime experience for me! I have had such a rough time for approximately 2 years now, and in those 2 years, I lost touch of some parts of me. This helped me find myself in many ways. I’m not talking about the decoration or banky or even the ride in a limo! For me, it was the “how was I chosen to be one of the 30 brides-to-be?”, my story wasn’t that wonderful if you ask me! How did I even think that i’d be allowed to go on such trip by my parents( I come from a very very strict home; this kind of thing re things we were warned not to chook our heads into), meeting new people;people who were not afraid to express themselves;people who had wonderful stories to tell; people who seemed like to genuinely care bout me;people who made me feel like i’ve known them before now( believe It or not, I knew not a single soul before now). Ultimately, I felt the kind of freedom I havnt felt in those 2 years or was It the lessons I learnt from waking to event, at the event and waking the next day. You know how you keep recieving gifts and you are afraid that if u close your eyes and open them, there’s a gift before you; that’s how I felt all through, even now that I am back home( I am waiting for someone to burst into my room with a gift).
    My family said “we haven’t seen you this active and happy in a very lonnng time”. Friends said “they felt they were at the event with me” cos of how I kept them posted. Lol. Hubby to be said “you forgot me when you were in wonderland” but I didn’t! Sister said “no need for you to have a bridal shower” lol
    And I said “I used to wonder if i’d make a beautiful bride, but now that I know; I can keep calm”
    Thanks to the Baileys team and the bellanaijaweddings team and the numerous sponsors of the event for this experience.

• DD

October 13, 2015 at 12:21 pm

So sweet. Shows how truly inspiring events like this could be. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• BellaNaija Weddings

October 14, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Wow – that account blew us away. It was a pleasure meeting you too, our Insta-celeb Chidimma. We’re so excited we got to a part of your journey to married life.

All the best,

Ink xx

13. Mrs Jem

October 13, 2015 at 7:39 am

Awwww i wish i was part of the fun… Sooooo sweet

14. Miss Amara

October 13, 2015 at 9:04 am

Is Osas preggy? congrats dear

15. Alma

October 13, 2015 at 9:53 am

It was a beautiful experience. Met lovely ladies who have become friends. Treated like a princess , everything paid for and getting lifelong tips from people who care. All the freebies, everything was on point. For me it was a mini vacation I desperately needed. Amazing amazing amazing. Thanks BN.

• BellaNaija Weddings

October 14, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Nice meeting you too Alma! You looked so beautiful. We wish you all the best.

16. Priscy

October 13, 2015 at 11:24 am

The bellanaija team are so beautiful
    Uche is just one flawless, beautiful, very well shaped woman
    YES!!! I am crushing

17. jane

October 13, 2015 at 11:59 am

Nyc! Y do I get the feeln some brides wee start questioning their relatnshp after ds. Lol.

18. Igbo Brides Only

October 13, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Why are all the girls Igbos though?

Can someone explain to me please?

BN did you select only Igbo brides?
    hmm
    hope you are not telling BNers from other tribes to get off your site!

• dimmyvivy

October 13, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Hey! We were not all igbo, I met Tejiri, Titi, Fimisade, yinka, bolu, Alma! The list is long.

19. Duchess Maria

October 13, 2015 at 4:16 pm

I couldn’t see 90% of the pictures cos my job blocks Instagram 🙁

• dimmyvivy

October 13, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Does your job block twitter and facebook too? I not, u could check using #bbnwonderland

20. someone

October 16, 2015 at 8:49 am

So lovely!!!!
    Ijeoma Ndekwu, the ambitous one. just look how far you have come……..Daddy will be proud

21. Elohor Kansol

October 22, 2015 at 9:35 am

Beautiful experience…not the kind you forget inna hurry… thanks for giving us that bellanaija.