Relationships

Ladies, Get In Here! Glory Edozien Shares Tips on How to Stop Dating Crappy Men

BellaNaija.com

Ooh! Ladies, you need to get in here real quick! You know how sometimes you find yourself stuck in a cycle of dating the same type of crappy men? You know you deserve better but somehow you can’t stop meeting the same type of men?

Well, on this week’s edition of Discovery by Glory Edozien, she shares tips on how to avoid the murky waters filled with bad fish. She describes being in a crappy relationship as being in a house with no light. Everywhere is dark, but the door is open, you can leave anytime you want. Outside, the house there’s food and everything, but you’re choosing to stay in the house.

So tips for getting out of that dark house?

Step I: Decide what you want.
Step II: Realise not all relationships end in marriage
Step III: Know when to let go

Here’s what she says about this episode:

I really enjoy recording relationship vlogs! I have always said I feel like the heartbreak queen. My previous relationships have taught me so much about myself and the kind of person I would like to be. As I’ve grown older, I’ve realised that romantic relationships can be tough and more so when you haven’t defined the reason why you’ve chosen to be in a particular relationship.

Things become even more difficult when you feel like you are jumping from one bad relationship to the next, and you start wondering why do why you keep dating crappy men? In my case the answer was simple, I didn’t value myself enough to set the right kind of standards and in some cases, I was too scared to communicate my standards because I felt the relationship would end. In today’s vlog, I talk through some of my discoveries on this subject and I hope you’ll share yours too. Please feel free to leave a comment or email me on [email protected]

Watch and share your thoughts below:

1. Cindy

October 26, 2015 at 11:36 pm

Okay, we have heard it before

2. Nkechi

October 26, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Glory Glory. I have always liked your Vlog from its purity, sincerity and knowledge. Regarding a guy not calling in 2 days. I think you should make it 3days. You need to consider older folks and busy executives. I will just say after 3days, that’s when you should get concerned. Things are different when people are older. If the couple are in their 20’s, 2 days is a good yardstick, if not 3 or 4 should be fine especially in cases where either or both are single parents.

3. Swizzey

October 27, 2015 at 12:18 am

! (i couldn’t find a comment so I decided to put ! )

4. Di

October 27, 2015 at 1:07 am

Glory!!! Always spewing wisdom! I watch/read anything you got even when I don’t need to lol.
    Now, there are many posts on relationships here; can you do something different (a breath of fresh air) by talking about managing female relationships. Abeg, I need help on this. I’m an engineer and hang around men most times and out of touch with the female gimmicks. So everytime I hang out, I have no qualms making new female friends, maintaining it is where the wahala kicks in. I’ve made only 2 stable friends within the past 3years of meeting at least 40 females. First, Ive learnt girls that am better looking than will approach me just to demystify me and snoop for negavites to console your their jealousy. Ok, I decided to stick to the ones on the same or above level of fineness, wahala still, they are too needy. Complain I don’t call often or attend events without them etc, just too much nagging/silent treatment/pettiness. I know there isn’t one general fast rule but what standards are out there because I need help, new friends every month but cann’t maintain. Abeg Glory help, a lady of your age must have seen and heard it all, so you are the perfect candidate on recognizing and nurturing good enriching relationships.

• Tosin

October 27, 2015 at 4:35 am

LOL.
      I have no clue about women actually. Not sure I’m thaaat curious, from the picture you paint here. I mean, I love everybody, but I don’t get ‘friendships’ as in, I need to ask you before I do stuff friendship loool.

• MC

October 27, 2015 at 11:48 am

It’s not everybody you meet that has to become your friend…why are you stressing yourself out!?

• G

October 27, 2015 at 8:37 pm

I can be your friend, low maintenance friend

5. Kwin Chi

October 27, 2015 at 2:02 am

Inspiring video I must say.. @Di I understand ur plight, we experience same as ladies too. Lol.. But basically I think finding a good friend starts with oneself i.e being that gud friend u want to hv in d other person… Knw ur strengths n weaknesses..and identify those of d other person.. Adjust, lik Glory said, no one has d right to change anyone…it starts with you… Be d friend u want. ?? all d Best ☺☺?

• Nwite Sandra

October 27, 2015 at 8:01 am

It is indeed an inspiring video

• Di

October 27, 2015 at 2:26 pm

??? Thanks Kwin, glad to know it’s the norm. Oh yes, be the frnd that you want.

• Di

October 27, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Thanks!

6. Tosin

October 27, 2015 at 4:57 am

i’m at 1:30 exhausted like cry for what, fight for gini…

• Tosin

October 27, 2015 at 5:07 am

hung in there, worth it. helped me understand how we got to the crying 🙂 hahaha fine boy loool. guess that’s where the engineering thing helps, fine boys are simply everywhere, they’re just regular people 😉

7. Nwite Sandra

October 27, 2015 at 8:03 am

we have heard it before, but this is different

8. Nefertiti

October 27, 2015 at 8:12 am

Glory, ur mother will not cry over u. U will succeed in everything u lay ur hands upon. Just as I finished watching this, I proudly walked out of that dark room. This man wan kill me, Oloshi Alainikonse, I don follow Glory, I don goooooooo

9. All i know

October 27, 2015 at 8:30 am

All i know is that all these people dont know more than men…….

All tehir vlogs, blog, write ups, articles, prose…is all about men and later they will say they don’t need men.

People need to marry so that all these stuffs can stop.

• Anonymous

October 27, 2015 at 10:37 am

I swear down! People truly need to get married do that prayer points will reduce.

10. Uju

October 27, 2015 at 10:46 am

Nice one Gloria

I ll be interested to hear what you have to say about female relationships although at this point in my life it really doesn’t bother me any more. My hubby is my best friend and that’s the most important thing.

11. Kwin Chi