Style

#NailEnvy: 10 Times We Loved Genenieve Nnaji’s Colourful Manicures!

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 20150015If you follow Nollywood sweetheart, Genevieve Nnaji, on Instagram you’ll know a few things – she has a close knit circle of friends which includes Oluchi Orlandi, Ojy Okpe, Vanessa Amadi-Ogbonna, Veronica Odeka, Chinny Onwugbenu and a few others, she loves to spend time with them on vacations and nights out, she is a fashionista, loves her fans and is a fan of fab manicures!

Whether it’s on the red carpet, on one of her fabulous trips with friends or just running some errands in China, Genevieve’s nails are always on point.

So, to show you just how much we love her fab tips, and to give you some ‘nail-spiration’ for your next trip to the nail technician, here are 10 of her best manicured looks that had us green with envy!

Check it Out!

1. This is our latest crush! The actress shared a photo of her latest manicure and it looks so fab. It features deep blue, white, black, white and lemon colours that have been used to create different designs on each finger. Very fun and colourful.

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 2015

2. If you’re a fan of pastels, then this is one for the mood board.

Supporting her friend, celebrity stylist Veronica Odeka‘s new nail polish line – Vane Polish, Genevieve had her nails painted with cute hues! With blue, green & lavender colours, her nails look soft and feminine. We love it!

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 2015001

3. This is a major throwback, but French tips never go out of style! Genevieve took a break from bold and bright hues for a more natural looking manicure. We love how real the nails look, and the great thing is you can easily switch colours for a different look.

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 2015005

4. Let’s let the sun shine in for this next one. Genevieve definitely knows how to mix and match colours, and did it again with this fab yellow and lime manicure. The floral detail on her ring finger is so pretty and adds a feminine touch to her manicure.

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 2015004

5. Who doesn’t love a great nude polish?! She posted this beautiful makeup-free photo a long while ago showing off her nude tips. The nude peach colour is so pretty, and is perfect for the lady who doesn’t want to pack on a lot of colour.

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 2015007

6. If you’re thinking of adding a little sass to your manicure, how about a little rose on your ring fingernail? Genny’s nails look so lovely here – the pink polish is a great contrast to the white, and makes the rose pop.

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 2015002

7. How pretty is this photo? With Easter egg-inspired nails, Genny added some brightness to her fingers. We love the subtle colours which made the entire manicure easy on the eyes.

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 2015009

8. If you’re more of a daredevil with colours, you can try this on for size.

Genevieve mixed various colours – maroon, black, deep purple and white – to create a series of colour-blocked nails, but used the same polish texture to ensure they looked identical. Very edgy and cool.

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 2015006

9. We loved this look so much we asked Nigerian beauty vlogger, Chidimma Umeh of That Igbo Chick to recreate it (check it out if you missed it). Detailing goes a long way when it comes to manicures and this definitely shows in this photo.

Genny’s nail art is so pretty and we love the mix of yellow, pink, white & black.

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 20150010

10. Add a spring in your step with this amazing manicure. To add some fun to her manicure, Genny opted for some glitter, and white detailing. We love the sea green colour and we are definitely trying this out!

Genevieve Nnaji Nails - BellaNaija - October 20150011

***

Genny is always a style star in our eyes! Which is your fave?

Photo Credit: @GenevieveNnaji (Instagram)

1. Mary

October 9, 2015 at 3:56 pm

they are all lovely like the holder

• fantasyisland

October 11, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Absolutely lovely.

2. Kadara

October 9, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Na, I’m not feeling them. I like the fact that the different manicures are playful but most ended up looking tacky .

• IGBOGEL(HUMOUR)

October 9, 2015 at 5:04 pm

SU WA BEKE…E MA KWA IHE D MEANING OF TACKY..NA KO SHI

• Please add

October 10, 2015 at 5:37 am

So

3. Damisko

October 9, 2015 at 4:12 pm

I like Genevieve. I’ve met her twice, was very pleasant. It will be nice to see her settle down with the right man instead of this mistress lifestyle and other lifestyle with certain men in power. hmmmm, yes I know this from a reliable source.
    Rita, is not married but she’s mentioned how she just hasn’t found the right man. She carries herself well too, she’s not the typical Nollywood actress who rely/depend on particular “sponsor”.

• Mystique

October 9, 2015 at 4:17 pm

mind your business you gossip……….

• Anon

October 9, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Rita is more coded than Genny. Two peas in a pod. The only difference is that Genny is a mother.

• nene

October 9, 2015 at 6:57 pm

rita is even worse than genny. she is involved “all sorts”.

• judy

October 9, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Filthy minds. Kmt.

• Aunty Damiski

October 10, 2015 at 9:00 pm

“I just tell you how I feel to your face whether you like it or not”.
      I dare you to tell her to her face.

• missappleberry

October 9, 2015 at 4:56 pm

At least she has a child. Rest and focus on the topic of the articles….NAILS!

• CurvesAndEdges

October 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm

It’s her nails they asked you about ooooo

• Fashionista

October 9, 2015 at 5:40 pm

As in ehn! Damisko, face your work oh!

• Damisko

October 9, 2015 at 7:52 pm

And I chose to mention her personal life. If you like, hit your head on your keyboard. All these people commenting are worst in real life. All of a sudden, they are preaching against gossip and facing my business. Me, I don’t gossip around. I just tell you how I feel to your face whether you like it or not.
      Bunch of hypocrites, take several seats.

• miss j

October 9, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Why would it be nice??? Are you benefiting from her settling down??? You’ve met her and you say she’s nice then you go ahead to say things which aren’t nice about her that’s you not being nice… its her life her rules and not your problem be this information from your reliable source true or false…

• hB

October 9, 2015 at 5:20 pm

We are suppose to comment on the beauty of the nails, where does the marriage issue comes in?????? does everyone have to get married? aba!!!!!! for all you know she is much happier than your married self.

• zara

October 9, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Is she your sister or daughter??? If not mind your business..mschewwwwww

• meems

October 9, 2015 at 5:25 pm

And this comment is? You come here and spew your nonsense just because you can. Do you know her? Oh yes, a reliable source told me both of you met when you went to meet a particular sponsor. Just because you say you have met her makes you an authority on her life? I also have it from a reliable source that she is the mistress of your father after finishing with your brothers and boyfriend. Mtcheeeeeeeeeew . . . . . . . . . .

• concerned

October 9, 2015 at 6:31 pm

1.Are you her creator/ God?
      2.Are you her mother?
      3.Are you her father?
      4.Are you her child?
      5.Are you her sibling?
      6.Do you share a vagina with her?
      7.Do you pay her bills/ Does she pay yours?
      8. Is she your mistress/ Are you hers/ Is she your husband or any other relative’s business?
      9.Do you have any empirical evidence?
      10.Are you the one who distributes tickets/marks attendance in Heaven?
      If you answer no to all the questions above then I would advice you not to waste your Panadol on Genevieve Nnaji. Drug overdoses are never good.

• Damisko

October 9, 2015 at 7:47 pm

I expected the typical responses. But, Aren’t you guys suppose to face your business too? Poking nose into my comment….
      The good thing about the world is, everyone has the freedom to say their opinion, you don’t like or like it, doesn’t change anything.
      I didn’t insult Genevieve, I just dropped some fact about her.

• zara

October 10, 2015 at 12:24 am

Hope you told her “to her face” ?….. Ohh you couldnt..you for try am..you no dey fear face!!!

• Californiabawlar

October 10, 2015 at 1:19 am

You sure did ‘dropped some fact’….gbeborun ayeraye!! Like someone said, shebi you met her? hope you adviced her to her face? I’m sure you were star struck o, elegbe….after you stated that your interaction with her was pleasant, now you can come online and be running your mouth….elenu jobele, eke yo furo moto gba’ndi!

• enkayz

October 10, 2015 at 3:22 am

did i hear you say u don’t gossip and u tell people to their faces. I bet you told Gene all these when you met her. the power of keyboard and how powerful it makes some people.

• Abby Scuito

October 11, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Fact dropper….oya clap for yaself na. i cant wait for a reliable source to come here and relate ur life story to us…..I bet u wont be thrilled.

• judy

October 9, 2015 at 9:59 pm

You met her twice, doing the deeds? Am sorry for people like you who taint people bad. Genevieve is a certified business woman. Just because she doesn’t put her business out there doesn’t mean she’s not actively working. SMH.

• linda

October 10, 2015 at 7:56 am

When Genevieve met with the Amstel winner, she mentioned that she was busy with her real estate business which she said was thriving. I googled it and found out that the company is called Sticks and Stones Homes. They own Sticks and stones Plaza on Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent and Carters Court. in Apo Dutse. From my observation, she runs the real estate company with Chinny Onwugbenu who also serves as her manager. The company even has an Instagram page and regularly tags Genevieve and Chinny in their posts. So I don’t think Genevieve has any need for a sponsor as she and Chinyy Onwugbenu are doing quite well for themselves

• Girl Bye

October 9, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Plix, thanks 4r bringing this up. Don’t mind these haters o jare, instead of them to be asking sensible questions like ‘who is/are her sponsor(s)?’ ‘where can we meet them’ ‘How can we have a jet set life like Genny baby without doing NOTHING’ they wee be chastising you instead.

Rock on gel ! I can’t even remember any of your films and you are still relevant. My sister rock on !

• ATL's finest

October 10, 2015 at 3:55 am

Where ve I been? Who’s the man pls:) BTW, lovely nails.. That’s SO:) my co- workers got me hooked up on my nails like that over a yr ago & come to think of it, don’t anyone these days with a boring nail style..IJS

4. Deb

October 9, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Please where can I get shellac or gellac nails done vey affordable but still pretty?

5. aunty damiski

October 9, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Yall can’t have a discussion that does not have to do with man and marriage. You did same thing with Kemi Adetiba. Not everyone has their mind preoccupied with marriage and family life. Allow that sink in. If your sole purpose in life is to settle with a man, enjoy but everyone can’t be you.

You even dragged Rita Dominic to an article about nail polish. You sound very dull.

• Yourdaddysgirl

October 10, 2015 at 12:31 am

Thank you oh! A lot of ladies ultimate goal is to be married; I’m tired like don’t you want to be the next successful woman, can’t you aim to be more successful than Mo Abudu and the likes. A friend came to spend weekend at mine last week and the only thing she kept whining about was how to get married and she’s only 23! I asked don’t you have dreams, career goals or what? Pls I’m tired of the marriage married thing with ladies! Marriage is good yes but it shouldn’t be your ultimate goal in life I’m sorry

• Damisko

October 10, 2015 at 4:08 am

@ Aunty Damiski

Sorry, it’s an inevitable topic.It’s part of life. If you don’t like it, stay out of it. If a woman is going to be a mistress, messing up other people’s marriages, vice versa if a man is going to be impregnating every girl he lays his eyes on, why not marry/stick to one person. Then there won’t be much emphasis on marriage.

If a woman is a professional/business person doesn’t want to get married. It doesn’t bother me. I even prefer Oprah’s style. But, You can’t claim to not want marriage and be opening your legs up and down. Men, don’t claim u don’t want marriage but stick your “D” everywhere. It’s highly irresponsible and foolish.

• Californiabawlar

October 11, 2015 at 3:25 pm

You’re just a talkative!

6. truth be told

October 9, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Please Damisko what is your own. face your own work abusing Nollywood actresses up and down. Stop trying to demonize anybody

7. NIRA

October 9, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Trust BN readers to bring her personal life into the discussion. The simple question was : which of the nail designs is your fave?? smh…

8. www.betterhealth.com.ng

October 9, 2015 at 6:08 pm

No. 4 is MY Favorite

9. vicky

October 9, 2015 at 6:21 pm

kai………. simple question, which is your fav?

10. ACE

October 9, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Love them all.

11. Koffie

October 9, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I love the tenth one with footprints on them. Super cute! I’m nail-art crazy as well (most of the time though my game is dulling now). I’m going to do some bow tie prints on my nails for the weekend, play some electric music and feel sexy *side eyes*

12. Ona

October 9, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Whyyyyyyyy in God’s name are Nigerians so obsessed with marriage?! So much so that they take delight in shaming those who arent married?! So many of u are educated yet so closeminded and backward. Alot of the people that like to carry single women’s matter for head are miserable in their own miserable marriages. Husbands beating them ihe tinker tiri can, cheating and spreading stds like father christmas, and being generally irresponsible. Una dey look for pesin wey go just close eye mArry anybody so that they can share in ur misery. Chukwu aju! Let people live! Its better to be single and happy than to live in misery and be answering mrs/mr biko! See divorces everywhere, and u want these babes to come and follow u people and partake! Some dont have interest in marriage for personal reasons…how e take “consine” u?… while some would rather wait for the right man….so just cos some of u are bitter and made nistakes in urs doesnt mean u should be pressuring others to join u n’afufu. Why else would people be so invested in forcing people to make potential lifelong mistakes? Some of u go even shamelessly pressure women wey never give birth yet forgetting that some have medical issues that make it hard or impossible to give birth, or that the hubby may also have medical issues or perhaps they wanba enjoy their marriage first before kids or maybe they just dont want! We cant all live uniform lives people! We dont all look or act alike so why da hell should our lives mirror?

• Natu

October 10, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Lol @spreading STDs like Father Christmas.

13. dika

October 9, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Lol see firing ! Damisko u chose d wrong person to talk rubbish abt, U shuld knw by now dat Genny is. Everyone’s darling and we wil defend her anytime,anywhere. And pls if u ain’t gat nothing reasonable to contribute to a post biko jst read and jejely pass.

• Damisko

October 9, 2015 at 11:53 pm

The thing is, I could care less if you guys defend her to your graves. My life doesn’t depend on how many likes or barking I get. Isn’t it what these jobless fans do with their idol that don’t know they exist. It’s not changing anything definitely not changing what I can say. . I’ve said mine just like you guys have the right to respond. So, you guys can get lost.

• linda

October 10, 2015 at 7:55 am

• JEGAism

October 10, 2015 at 12:44 pm

@ damisko for some reason I’m feeling your steadfastness here.

• JEGAism

October 10, 2015 at 12:57 pm

@damisko for some reason I’m feeling your steadfastness here.

• Damisko

October 12, 2015 at 4:21 am

@dika

I hope Genny paying y’all for having high blood pressure on her behalf, a job she didn’t send none of you guys to do for her. If only you guys know how foolish you guys look when you fight so hard for these celebrities. None of you guys fight for Jesus that hard. Gennyhive, Beyhives, go get another hobby

• boothang

October 12, 2015 at 7:51 pm

You are still here defending your foolishness???? Get a life you gossip!!! Urgh!!!!!

14. Umbrella

October 9, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Eyaaa @ Damisko….I bet you thought this will be a bash Jenny thread…..hehehehe….dem don fall your hand badly….see isho….

15. MsTiLii

October 9, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Genny You love Nail polish so much and change it ever so much, I think you should start your own line.

Maybe something different from the rest, ECO FRIENDLY WITH NO VOC so everyone including pregnant women or people allergic to all the other ingredients in normal nail polish, can use. Think about it. . 🙂

<3 MsTilii

• Krasavitsa

October 10, 2015 at 8:25 am

Babe it’s your idea. You think about it. Who knows? yours might become the next big name in the nail polish biz.

16. Elizabeth Fifi

October 9, 2015 at 9:01 pm

I love the 2nd’4th, 5th and 8th one. Very feminine and romantic. LoL. Been playing with my nail polish since forever. I’m also in love with the new metallic nails polish. very sexy with an edge.
    Seriously, just bcos we have access to data does not mean we should become God over others lives. Damisko, in trying to be an I KNOW ALL, you came across as petty and jealous.
    Biko LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

17. mabel

October 9, 2015 at 9:24 pm

The day God shared mind your own business, damiski was nowhere to be found. She needs a miracle because it can’t be easy minding other people’s business all your life.

18. Please add

October 10, 2015 at 5:38 am

Please

19. Mz_daniels

October 10, 2015 at 8:50 am

The Bella hypocrisy. If Damisko had commented on someone else like Rukky Sanda, everyone would have agreed with her. That said, Dami dear, the article was abt her nails and you hv the right to air your views just as others hv the right to bash/disagree with you. That’s one dividend of democracy kwaruption hasn’t taken from us,

To the topic of her nails. Me no likely, they are tacky and I’m a person who loooooves nails.

• Andy

October 10, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Jealous much !!

20. Pep

October 10, 2015 at 9:40 am

Such double standard mehn ……smh. If na anoda Nollywood babe nw, dem go yab am tire. Damisko no mind them, make dem dey defend nonsense, Don’t care about the nail colors but fine girl sha.

21. hey!

October 10, 2015 at 10:11 am

Please dearies, how do you get your natural hair to look like what she has on picture number 3? Thank u

22. Damisko

October 10, 2015 at 11:47 am

@zara

Are you that dumb? If she’s my friend, I’ll tell her. she’s just a celebrity, that I like her acting. I’m talking about people you call friends or acquaintances. If I do it to family and friends, why is a celebrity off limit especially in an open forum, where this is what comes with fame. To me, it shows these celebrities are human like anybody else that has a dirty closet. So, why kiss their a*ss and defend them so hard. Majority of people whinning here about gossiping are the same people who gossip about their so called friends behind their backs. Trust me, if Genevieve is my friend I’ll tell her to her face. I’ve done it to my friends/acquaintance. it’s either it fell us apart or strengthen our friendship. But I’m content with the small friends that I have.

• Frosh

October 10, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Damisko and Damiski= 1 person, why you acting like you some one else, speak your mind and walk stop pretending like there’s anyone else on your side and then give your ass away, be bold enough to stand for your self.

23. jasmine

October 10, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Damiski, mind ur business. Haba!!! Which nail polish is ur fav and u brought her personal life into this? Mtchewww!!! Shey marriage will take her to heaven? Or give her more money? Oh, I forgot. It’s better to be a Mrs with a wife beater as a husband than to be a single lady with peace of mind. Gerrout here mehn.

• Serena

October 10, 2015 at 6:21 pm

You guys should just shut up! I’m sure most of the posts here are by Genevieve and her friends themselves! So all husbands now are women beaters and killers but single girls don’t have boyfriends worse than many husbands. Keep deceiving yourselves . ” even praising the genny voltron club smh. “Real people” can see through you guys.

24. Natu

October 10, 2015 at 2:29 pm

African women can go HAM for marriage lmfao

25. Warri Girl in Canary Wharf

October 10, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Damisko you just dey yarn opata(rubbish) since. For your mind and only your mind you perfect abi. U say u dey advise everybody when no perfect, when u see Genevieve, why u no advise her to her face. Liver fail you because you know say if you do anyhow you go see anyhow (in British accent). Varmoos (disappear) jor.

26. Puzzles

October 10, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Damiski, e pele o. You chose the wrong person to bash.

• Damisko

October 12, 2015 at 4:13 am

@puzzles

No, I didn’t choose the wrong person to bash. These commenters chose the wrong person to bash. Their irrelevant barking or bullying won’t shut me down neither will it change the truth.

27. Mrs oki

October 10, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Lol…..

28. Tari

October 10, 2015 at 8:10 pm

I have no interest in the tales told herein, however, we have noted the steadfastness of the defenders and I will expect same from them when the topic is any of the artists and actresses who will remain unmentioned for now.
    Pls remember what the holy book says about being unstable as water.

• judy

October 10, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Well, if those artists or actresses are actually artists and actresses whose claim to fame is based on their work and talent, I will defend them too. Genevieve has paid her dues so she deserves to be defended of such allegation and libel.

• Tari

October 12, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Very watery caveat

29. lejau

October 11, 2015 at 6:30 am

Every time is see her photo eish there’s something about that lady

30. ifyoma

October 11, 2015 at 10:17 am

Beyonce, genenieve they do no wrong.i love all, bellanaija can you please post more pics of her even if is her sleeping positions thank you

31. Ada

October 12, 2015 at 9:43 am

Me I have never met Genevieve, don’t know if she does runs or not. I don’t care either. O gbasaro m at all. BUT I do have a question. How do you do you nails without damaging the original nails? Everytime I fix nails, the original nails turn green and become very very weak. How can I do the nails and still maintain the originals?

32. Chi!

October 12, 2015 at 10:13 am

Lovely nail polish Genebaby! u rock!

33. Cici

October 12, 2015 at 2:47 pm

They are UGLY! Simple.

Nothing beats and shouts class like a well-trimmed, colorless, short hygienic nails. These are ugly, germ crawling, dirty looking and unhygienic ghetto nails.

34. sony

October 13, 2015 at 1:19 pm

wen one is creative we hate it BT we 4get dat d inventions we use nw wer stupid creations of pipo… Genny has achieved wat pipo here cannot achieve in centuries to come up so go get a life n and at least achieve urs