News

“Our Rescue was Supernatural” – Survivors of Bristow Helicopter Crash testify at TB Joshua’s Synagogue Church

BellaNaija.com

Two Survivors At SCOANTwo survivors of the tragic incident that saw a Bristow helicopter crash into the lagoon in Oworonshoki, Lagos on Wednesday 12th August, 2015 have testified that it was ‘God’s hand’ that saved them from certain death.

On Sunday 25th October, oil workers Chukwudi Onah and Dolu Ebiejuara appeared in the church of controversial Nigerian Pastor T.B. Joshua to thank God for preserving their lives in the disaster that led to six fatalities, including that of the pilot Jay Wyatt and co-pilot, Peter Bello.

According to Onah, it was ‘Morning Water’ he had received at The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) that was instrumental to his survival. “I never leave it anywhere I am going. It’s always with me, along with my Anointing Sticker,” he explained to the congregation.
“On that fateful day, before I left my room, I prayed that God would take charge and thanked Him for journeying mercies,” he continued, stating that he sprayed the ‘Morning Water’ upon himself.

According to Onah, there were no signs of trouble as the flight was going “very smoothly”. However, merely minutes away from arriving at the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos, tragedy struck.

“The chopper suddenly turned,” Onah vividly described. “Everybody became confused. We were shouting Jesus! The chopper was dangling up and down. I didn’t even know when it fell inside the water.”

Crash Site LagosAs the Bristow Sikosky S76 C+ helicopter began descending steadily to the bottom of the lagoon, Onah was strapped heavily into his seatbelt and could not move. “I shouted, ‘God of TB Joshua – save me’ “, he recounted, adding that his lungs soon filled up with water.

According to the SEDCO oil worker, what transpired next can only be termed ‘supernatural’. Staring death in the face, confused and struggling to free himself, Onah said he heard a ‘voice’ speaking clearly to him.

“It’s just as you are hearing me now. The voice said, ‘Your seatbelt.’ I took my hand to the side of the seat belt and it became suddenly loose. The same voice came again and said, ‘Your lifejacket’. I took my hand to the side of the life-jacket and it suddenly inflated. It now carried me up from down to the top of the sea.”

Bristow Helicopter RemainsOnah somberly recounted that the two passengers seated directly besides him were among the fatalities. “If not for Jesus, I would have died. I give the glory to Jesus Christ who saved my life,” he said, bringing out the ‘Anointing Sticker’ from his pocket that he had with him on the day of the ill-fated journey.

Dolu Ebiejuara similarly stated that he was a regular visitor to The SCOAN and had ministered ‘Morning Water’ before entering the helicopter that day. Recounting his experience, he said, “All that I saw was the helicopter take a sharp turn and then we were just plummeting down.”

Moments before the crash, Ebiejuara said that he lost consciousness. “All I could remember was that I saw myself swimming. There is no way I could have come out of the helicopter without removing my seat belt but I was not the one. I don’t even know how I came out under the water. I know it is God’s doing because there is God’s hand in the Morning Water.”

Cockpit WreckageThe duo both sustained injuries but have since recovered. They were accompanied by more than seventeen family members who came to share the testimony.

Intriguingly, T.B. Joshua himself was not present in the service, making it more than five months since he has been seen in public.

1. sigh

October 26, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Just thank God and go. So you think it is morning water that saved you? Those that died, did they deserve it. Thank God for your lives. We cannot understand the mysteries of this world, or why some people are saved and some not. Why do some people have kids easily and some cant. Why are some reach and some poor? Its not how much you pray or how deep your belief is. Sometimes God saves those that don’t even believe him.

• Anon

October 26, 2015 at 1:09 pm

True.

Rich*

• Segi

October 26, 2015 at 1:20 pm

I know right . . . In the bid to be grateful, they come across as insensitive!

2. Alex Ben

October 26, 2015 at 1:21 pm

why do u still refer to TB Joshua as ”controversial”

3. serene

October 26, 2015 at 1:59 pm

sooo…its the God of T. B. Joshua that saved you. what God do you serve? if you call Him, won’t he answer? God kept you alive, its not because of morning water

4. TheLadyWithTheAfroLocs

October 26, 2015 at 3:02 pm

@sigh & @Segi
    u guys just nailed it…it’s sad sha

5. DOMI DG

October 26, 2015 at 4:16 pm

The probleme is this your “controversial website bella naija” not the Prophet. Is this your own way to gain monney ? God is marking !!! Who paid you to always refer to a man of God as “controversial” ?

• NaijaPikin

October 26, 2015 at 8:38 pm

More like man of god not God. Abeg shift to the left in 3s. Your leader(i wont refer to him as a pastor) displays signs we were warned against in the bible. SO yes he is controversial and we are scoping him with side eye. So please shift. Why are you even on BN, don’t you need to be reading some “mumu for TB Joshua book”. psssst.

6. MissSilentReader

October 26, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Now let’s sit back and watch the sales of ‘morning water’ and ‘anointing sticker’ increase astronomically… *sigh*

• vika

October 27, 2015 at 11:16 am

Am very sure d so called anointing oil u get from churches are not free but been paid for to finance d manufacturing process nd I also believe d anointing oil or water bottles and can are not gotten freely by those who buys them for production. Let’s call a spade a spade here……..am so neutral here am not a member of synagogue bt winners chapel. I love God and those doing his work I love everything that is good and hate everything that is bad. I support and pray for those who preach the gospel of Jesus christ and expresses it tru charity. Mind how u speak ill of such persons. Gods wrath is no respected of a person………a man’s life was saved, he believed in his prophet and the Jewish God whom him nd his prophet worship and at such thought it was wise to give glory to God in his own local way. I see notin bad in what the gentle man has done…..y can’t u all just be like Christians love one another and wish ur neighbour well no matter who he is. Anything close to God receives attack.

7. vika

October 27, 2015 at 11:26 am

Am very sure d so called anointing oil u get from churches are not free but been paid for to finance d manufacturing process nd I also believe d anointing oil or water bottles and can are not gotten freely by those who buys them for production. Let’s call a spade a spade here……..am so neutral here am not a member of synagogue bt winners chapel. I love God and those doing his work I love everything that is good and hate everything that is bad. I support and pray for those who preach the gospel of Jesus christ and expresses it tru charity. Mind how u speak ill of such persons. Gods wrath is no respecter of a person………a man’s life was saved, he believed in his prophet and the Jehovah God whom him nd his prophet worship and at such thought it was wise to give glory to God in his own local way. I see notin bad in what the gentle man has done…..y can’t u all just be like Christians love one another and wish ur neighbour well no matter who he is. Now d term ” God of Tb joshua”is also been used in other denominational churches such as ” God of one oyedepo, God of adeboye, etc now I wonder y u guys segregate this whole tin by just picking on tb Joshua note is out of human discretion nd happiness they felt that they say such words because they love God and their pastor. anything close to God receives attack.