Music

Rihanna is ‘One of the Greats’ for T Magazine’s October 2015 Issue

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

12tmag-rihanna-cover-t-blog427

Rihanna is one of the 25 people selected for T Magazine’s ’25 Greats’ Issue. She is also one of the 6 people to land a cover for the issue.

In the issue the 27-year-old Bajan music star talks about a number of personal topics, including Rihanna’s relationship status, childbirth, and sex.

12tmag-rihanna-toc-t-blog427 25tmag-11well_rihanna-t_CA0-articleLarge

Read excerpts below.

On what she checks on the internet: Oh, random things. Like I will be sitting around Googling childbirth. Childbirth is putting it the not-gross way. I was searching the size of certain things, and how much they expand, and then what happens after. …

On men: Guys need attention. They need that nourishment, that little stroke of the ego that gets them by every now and then. I’ll give it to my family, I’ll give it to my work — but I will not give it to a man right now. I’m turned on by guys who are cultured. That’ll keep me intrigued. They don’t have to have a single degree, but they should speak other languages or know things about other parts of the world or history or certain artists or musicians. I like to be taught. I like to sit on that side of the table.

On coming to West Africa: You know what? If I ever go to West Africa, it would probably be for a free concert. I would want to do something for the people there. Maybe we can make a whole event, the way Bob Marley would have done it. Just for the people. And if they climb over the gate, let them climb over the gate.

Read her full interview here.

Photo Credit: T Magazine

1. La'Shonda Balogun

October 12, 2015 at 7:46 pm

pls! Free concerts out here in Africa for us jungle bunnies who like to climb over the gate? Patronizing much?

And Rihanna did you forget that you’ve been to the Ivory Coast (with Chris Brown)? Or perhaps you didn’t know that was West Africa?

You’re right – YOU NEED TO BE TAUGHT!

2. Natu

October 12, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Stunning!!!! It is always good to see women succeed and excel. You better werk riri!!!

3. mdfofana

October 12, 2015 at 9:03 pm

What ha doing now

4. Felinda

October 12, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Demonic Satanic Witch
    Everytime i see an image of this girl i have to plead the blood of Jesus cos a small voices tells me to.. The demonism just oozes out her pores.Dont critique me cos you are blind and cant see..

SWEET PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS

5. odi

October 12, 2015 at 10:01 pm

If she ever goes to west africa? Wasn’t she at the Thisday event in Lagos sometime ago? What part of Africa was that miss fenty? You really need those guys who know about other parts of the world cos you don’t know sh*t.

6. Chinco

October 13, 2015 at 7:31 am

Seeing her picture reminds me of a verse in proverbs about a gold ring in a pigs snout. Seems like an apt description

7. ijebuKhaleesi

October 13, 2015 at 8:59 am

Sigh.. Did anyone even bother to read the actual article itself? The writer was asked by her Uber driver to direct that question to Rihanna. He is a Niger immigrant who from his own humble perspective and struggles in America, projected West Africa as a poor place and asked if Rihanna will come to West Africa to perform. Rihanna responded in that context. Bella readers your saltiness is misplaced. Maybe you should direct it at the writer who didn’t deem it fit to educate herself more about the entirety of West Africa and phrase the question appropriately or then again, maybe you should have actually taken time to read the article in the first place.