Sweet Spot

Finding Healing after Pain…Tito Idakula shares her story on ‘The Heart of the Matter’

BellaNaija.com

Tito+Idakula

Tito Idakula went from sharing her pain with the world to being an inspiration for other women who have endured similar pain.

By finding healing after suffering the loss of her first child and death of her brother, Tito Idakula has learned to help other people find their voice too. Today, she helps others in pain as women and men write to her.

On this week’s episode of Heart of the Matter, she shares her story of hope and inspiration.

Watch it below.

We love Tito’s website – My Lighthouse, the features are so inspiring. Check it out.

1. Lola

October 26, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Pain sha! It comes in different degrees and stretches even the strongest person. Lost mom to breast cancer, six month later Dad got diagnosed with a chronic disease. FiancĂ© and a man I have known for over a decade dumped me barely six month after engagement. Got diagnosed with clinical depression and severe anxiety attacks. Eventually lost my Dad a year after my mom. Reality became a nightmare. All within 2 years. Pain, it definitely comes in different degrees! I’m getting better one day at a time, seeing therapists doesn’t hurt as well. But you clearly would reach the very rock bottom before bellying up, with no close support – Reality is a cold cold dust to bite

• swan

October 26, 2015 at 8:39 pm

This broke my heart. Everything you have lost God will replenish. It’s well

• lara

October 26, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Wish I could hug you tightly, you are strong, may your days be filled with joy and laughter.Amen

• Icey

October 26, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Jeez, you have been through so much, God will comfort you and heal all the pain. Jesus loves you darl and it’s all turning around for your good. Jer 29:11, Rom 8:28.

• Jade

October 27, 2015 at 12:39 am

Lola, you are not alone. It will get better and you will be happy and strong again. Never be discouraged. Sending you lots of love!

• jefka

October 27, 2015 at 6:54 am

Big Bear hug form me to you………….I say to you with a faith so big, the devil aint gat nothing on you. everytime you feel sad pls just sing this hymn ‘great is thy faithfulness, o lord my father’ and i can assure you, you will feel better.

• jummy

October 27, 2015 at 7:23 am

i’m so sorry lola..u wil be fine dear

• Aloinet

October 27, 2015 at 8:29 am

Suddenly my problems became so small. May God continue to give you strength as you go through this process…… Keep the faith alive.

• ferrari

October 27, 2015 at 9:45 am

You are still here and you are still standing because you are bigger than your problems. Thank you for sharing…puts things into perspective for me, the problems i think i have seem so insignificant now. May God forgive me for complaining.

• Tito

October 27, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Hi Lola, I am so sorry about everything you are going through. I can’t imagine the pain. Please can you give me your email address? Or email me [email protected]

Dear Bella Naija Thank you so much for sharing about my work. I am truly humbled. Thank you.

Tito.

• Meeeeee

October 30, 2015 at 6:15 pm

@Lola, the Lord would continue to Keep you dear, For everything you have Lost, you would be replenished a 100 fold. When the enemy comes like a flood, always remember that the Lord would raise a standard. #HemakeseverythingbeautifulinHistime

• Aderonke

February 9, 2016 at 1:46 am

Hmmm.. May you be comforted and restored beyond measure for all the pain & hurts in Jesus name.

2. Gold digger

October 26, 2015 at 8:49 pm

You are blessed, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

3. Tosyne

October 26, 2015 at 9:35 pm

@ Lola, The Lord will give you double for your shame. Please be strong! It is qell with your soul. hugs!

4. Tosyne

October 26, 2015 at 9:35 pm

**well

5. Chiemeka Ugo

October 26, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Lost my dads elder sister to cancer In April, just last week lost another of my dad’s sister (dads immediate younger one). Still trying to recover from it, just this morning, a contract that I have been following since July, traveled all the way to Lagos from Abuja for the presentation, everything seemed positive and I was happy that at least the year would end in a good note for me and my company because the job would have changed not only my life but also the life’s of my team members as well. This morning sent an email to the client on my way to the office as a routine follow up only for there representative staff that I have been communicating with lately to reply me saying that the company has backed off unfortunately. Just that email alone killed my mural and drive to go ahead to the office. I just turned my car and headed back home and just went speechless. Told my other team members and everyone was just weak. In fact I don’t even know where to start from tomorrow and the zeal is just lost. I just feel like shutting down the company and telling everyone to go. Shun being a man but this really touched me big time.

• Babytohcute

October 26, 2015 at 11:43 pm

If you’re a Christian: Luke 7:11-15( it’s about the widow of nain who lost her husband first and then her only child) but Jesus came along and raised her only and lost hope back to life. So my dear, take courage in that. As long as you are alive, there is hope for better outcome(s).

Now if you are not, these are my words to you. Your teammates haven’t resigned from the company so why quit? There was a reason why you started that company and if that reason is still good enough fight to keep it alive. No man who has achieved much didn’t get knocked down at one point or the other. Life isn’t fair, we get kicked tossed and even beaten but you must fight for you because if you don’t, no one else will.
      Lastly, “strength lies not in what you do but in what you don’t do”. Thus, your strength is in you not quitting, not staying down after being knocked down and not staying at home tomorrow even though everything in you is telling to do so. I do pray you find peace, joy and hope again in this plight. All the best dear.

• Debbie

October 27, 2015 at 10:27 am

Like Babytohcute said, if you are Christian, please be encouraged. Read David’s story in 1 Samuel 30. I wish someone directed me to that passage when my ex ended our engagement. There is hope. You are still alive and well. Be encouraged

6. chinny

October 26, 2015 at 10:30 pm

@ Lola it’s well with u dear! God wld strengthen u n give u reasons to smile everyday of ur life.

7. alwayshappy

October 26, 2015 at 10:48 pm

Chop knuckle Tito you hit the nail on the head if only as a culture we are encouraged to talk more. I always wondered how do you tell your husband’s family or siblings he is depressed and has been for 3 yrs. Post trauma from a car accident or death of a loved one causea depression in men and women. Sexual activities suffer , still na to lock mouth carry go. There are functioning depressed folks don’t be fooled.

8. Ayi

October 26, 2015 at 11:22 pm

@ Lola its well with your soul I know the feeling some days you’re just numb but you would heal gradually. lost my dad after battling with spinalcord injury for years thought I it was the worst days of my life he eventually died after 6years hmmmm few years after my mum died she had malaria and died few days after. today I still don’t know how I did it how i’m overcoming the pain how am able to pick my phone and even type this message all i do now is pray i pray cause that all I can do to remain same I just go tru the word his promises and pray. even though am not exactly fine I’m a work in progress. God will heal your heart Lola

9. Akorede

October 27, 2015 at 10:30 am

na wa nobody talked about the video, everyone going through pain will be comforted. Lola the sun will shine again and you will laugh

10. Omilola Oshikoya

October 30, 2015 at 5:22 am

Lola, the Lord will comfort you. The Bible says the Lord is close to the broken hearted and would save those who at crushed in spirit. The Bible also says a righteous man may have many troubles but the Lord delivers him from them all. The good thing is that you have reached rock bottom so now the only way is to go up and I know God will bring you up. I’ll be praying. It is well with you. Please reach out to Tito. You can also contact Leke Alder too. God bless you