Relationships

Exclusive: Mariam Adeyemi and Fiancé John Timmer’s Pre Wedding Photos

BellaNaija.com

New week, new month, new beginnings!

Today, on the 1st of November 2015, PR consultant Mariam Adeyemi and her fiancé John Timmer are sharing their pre-wedding photo shoot first with BellaNaija Weddings. The couple got engaged in January – read the news here.

Mariam and John have also launched their wedding website – mariamandjohn2015.com. We can’t wait for the #MJ2015 wedding festivities! Their engagement will hold in Lekki on December 20th, and their white wedding will be in Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort in Dubai, on Boxing Day, December 26, 2015.

Here is the couple’s love story and photos, captured at Lilygate Hotel in Lekki, Lagos, and Lekki Conservation Center.

~ Photography: Caution Pictures

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures17How We Met
from Mariam, the bride-to-be
I was bored and decided to try out a dating site and when I saw his profile, I said to myself, “this is the one I’d love to spend the rest of my life with” and then I emailed him and he replied and here we are.

Gotcha!!!Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures25 Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures27We actually met in October, 2013, two months after John moved to Nigeria for work. I was at my Uncle’s, by the poolside chilling with my sisters and then he approached me after his friend tried and failed. I don’t know if he expected me to give in but nay, I had zero interest! Anyone who knows John will know he is strong-willed and being the persistent person he is, he never gave up.Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures24He got my number and didn’t call me for a month. How could he not have? Was I expecting his call? I don’t know.Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures20After a month he called and invited me out for drinks (to be honest, I didn’t want to go but I just had to. I seized the opportunity to show him that Naija babes can dress) and that was how we became friends.

Emily Brontë was right because Fast forward to December 2013, we had already begun dating.Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures42 Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures43 Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures51 Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures47Our Love Story
from the groom-to-be, John
I had just moved to Nigeria when a friend and I decided to go have some fun. We found ourselves by a poolside, which I later got to find out belonged to her uncle. I was just there, on my table, sipping my drink when my eyes beheld her and I couldn’t stop staring.Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures4Why couldn’t I stop staring? Who would? Of course she was pretty and not your everyday kind of girl and of all, I was drawn to her personality.

As I sat there, debating on if or not to approach her, my friend did and it wasn’t on my behalf. He approached her for himself and I prayed deep down for her to turn him down and she did. I knew I had to try and I did.

I walked up to her, and tried to strike a conversation and she continually snapped at me, “must all ladies do this? :-D”. I insisted till she gave in and told me she was a Publicist. Not knowing how to ask for her number and not wanting to be turned down, I had to think fast.Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures5“I want you to write about me,” I said to her and she replied with a, “I said I am a Publicist and not a writer”. I could tell she was becoming pissed but I wasn’t going to leave without her number. “I can hook you up with a writer,” she said much later. I then asked for her number so when I would be ready, I’d give her a call so she would then hook me up with the writer I never needed.

I called her a month later – because I travelled out and wasn’t within reach – and asked her out for drinks. She came, after making me wait for 2 hours 30 minutes, and was dressed like a princess – my princess!Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures2Mariam didn’t just catch my eyes but my heart. Why hesitate when she was the charming gardener that makes my soul blossom? I asked her to officially be mine and we begun dating. Much later, I proposed because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_ Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures1

The Proposal
from Mariam, the bride-to-be
Ah me! Love cannot be cured by herbs because the best is yet to be. A year after; on my birthday, Sunday 21 December 2014 to be precise, He gathered all my family members and his friends and oh my, I was treated to a surprise party. Was I expecting a ring? “Hell no!”.

Before I knew what was up, he was down on one knee and he proposed and I said YES!

My whole heart for my whole life, I knew I loved him and want to spend the rest of my life with him. The thing I love about our relationship is that we are friends and as well partners.Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures49 copy Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures35 Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures36 Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures37 Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures30Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures28Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures34 copyMariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures2 copy Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer Pre-Wedding Photos on BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Caution Pictures3

Credits

Mrs Timmer’s email brought me here. *sips tea*

• Ohg

November 12, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Same here :(.. unbelievable

3. Dupe

November 1, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I’m truly happy for them. Think they’re cute together. Love their colour. I mean, i’ve always loved interracial couples, especially black and white – just love the colour contrast. Wish I had me a white man too. Really do. Don’t get me wrong, I love black men, too, especially my Nigerian men. But just would love to be part of that interracial picture, like this one here, that I always love to see.

• mimi

November 1, 2015 at 3:55 pm

If you don’t mind looking online, try afroromance. It’s basically for caucasians looking for african partners. I know someone who met his Nigerian wife there and they’ve been together for a while now.

• Dupe

November 1, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Ah, thank you! But I tried registering there a couple of times and each time I couldn’t. Not sure it accepts Nigerians living in Nigeria cos when I used the +234 code, it just didn’t work kinda.

• annonymous

November 13, 2015 at 1:30 pm

@Dupe, afroromance works, also try afrointroduction. i met my present man on the later. i live in Nig. just be yourself and be patient, it takes a while to actually meet the one. you will meet lots of others that will make you lose hope initially, but eventually it will happen, for some it takes months, while others years, mine took a couple of years, in between i lost faith many times, deactivated my account a couple of times, joined again due to boredom than anything, did not expect to meet anyone. then one day i got a msg from him, and for some reasons i cant explain, my heart told me he was different( he didnot even fall under my match), he didnt even mind coming to Nigeria, though he was scared cause of all the boko haram things.

4. Niyoola

November 1, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Goo that the guy was persitent.

See how you would have used bad skoin skoin behaviour to chase your husband away.
    Babes need to calm down.

• Surely

November 2, 2015 at 7:59 am

Are you normal??? So a woman must be nice to everyone who comes her way??? Get the flying phucc outta here abeg, She did what she wanted and they still came back to each other because they were meant to.
      All you foolish people that like to turn every situation into potential husband story. Bye bih!

• Drill

November 16, 2015 at 4:43 pm

I knew this lady looks like one of those chics from the first I saw her pictures on IG (after Ubi’s wedding)…. forget the make up story… It’s such a shame ladies have denigrated to thinking oyinbo has all the answers to their problems when the oyinbo sef get 99 problems!!!

Check them out in Victoria Island … dz white guys look mesmerized with the fact they can get whatever they want and go away with it!! Her pictures never took me by surprise though!

5. mrs chidukane

November 1, 2015 at 3:06 pm

I grinned so hard at “the charming gardener that makes my heart blossom “. I love how protective he looks of her. So thrilled for them, they’re actually one of my favorite couples even though I don’t know them from Adam. Congrats guys and may God grant you all your hearts desires!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

November 3, 2015 at 11:23 am

:-), I know, that quote made me grin too. Plus her false start to the story of “how they met” made me laugh out loud… as if she knew that Naija folk would have been goggle-eyed at the audacity of saying “we met on a dating site”… (as an aside, I’m still waiting for the BN wedding story where the couple will be honest enough to share details like that).

Seen their photos in posts about lasgidi events from time to time but I’m liking them a lot more (as if they care, abi?) from the details they’ve shared here. And the babe is all kinds of sassy!! I love it :-)… and love it even more that her boo seems totally smitten with that side of her. Here’s praying that you both continue find love in each other, for always.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

November 3, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Ewooo, BN… you are very correct! 🙂 And I was thinking about that very post in the recent past (and for random reasons), just couldn’t remember their names… Tanz!

6. Shallie'spurplebeehive

November 1, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Congratulations!

7. Thatgidigirl

November 1, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Aaawww they look so genuine and in love. ?

8. hmmmmmmmn

November 1, 2015 at 3:26 pm

I love Love, happy for them. However, I am not giving up on Black men no matter what. I love black men dot com hehe.

• SOLO ACT

November 1, 2015 at 10:09 pm

but they have given up on u tho! lol jk

9. St.Maryjane

November 1, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Lilian’s wedding ? is becoming old already..as another bride ? is springing up. Congratulations to the new couple ?

• ATL's finest

November 2, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Lol solider Go solider come!

10. Great Lady

November 1, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Omo these pictures are beautifulllllllll. Congratulations. May your home be all you want and more.

11. freda

November 1, 2015 at 4:24 pm

I so much love the styling.

12. Scorpio

November 1, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Is it only me that finds their love story ‘somehow’? She said she met him online, then they both agreed that they met at her uncle’s poolside? Ok na, congrats sweerie!

• I love Shea butter

November 1, 2015 at 5:23 pm

You’re very right. To me the story no tally. Best wishes!

• Catherine

November 2, 2015 at 1:41 pm

She was kidding about that. U missed the part where she typed “Gotcha”

• Mz Socially Awkward...

November 3, 2015 at 11:24 am

Was the joke lost on both of you?

• Manny

November 1, 2015 at 5:33 pm

She said gotcha which means that was a joke.

• Justkidding

November 1, 2015 at 5:36 pm

You missed the part that read ‘Gotcha!!!’ meaning she was kidding about the online dating meeting.

• D

November 1, 2015 at 9:05 pm

It’s like you don’t know how to read… 🙁

• Kiiki

November 1, 2015 at 10:30 pm

Err, Scorpio, did you miss the part of the story that says “Gotcha”? Meaning, the online story was/is a joke…

• thinkaboutit

November 2, 2015 at 9:21 am

if you go back and read the story again you will notice that she was joking. Because right after that comment she wrote “gotcha” which is really a joke and not the real story. She tells how they actually met if you continue reading.

• Ese

November 2, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Thank you o. I was beginning to wonder wether I was d only one that read that part. Ngwanu, congratulations o

• Mz Socially Awkward...

November 3, 2015 at 11:25 am

That makes three of you, then, who seemed to missed the humour at the start.

13. Tee

November 1, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Congratulations to the couple…….I love all her dresses,she can certainly dress. I’m a bit confused abt d story of ow dey met dou. She mentioned a dating website. Then mentioned dey met at a pool party again ???

14. OmaOma

November 1, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Is it me or she looks like the woman behind Tiannah styling ?? They really really look alike oh

15. OmaOma

November 1, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Yes!!! Toyin Lawani!!

16. Busola

November 1, 2015 at 5:18 pm

She was kidding about that meeting on a website part,that’s why she said “gotcha”.I was confused initially too but had to go back to re-read that part.

17. Aunty Amebo

November 1, 2015 at 5:31 pm

So stunning. Love the way he seems to love her.
    We all find love in different places. Don’t judge others, just be happy there are two less lonely people in the world.

18. ACE

November 1, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Love is a beautiful thing. Wish them all the best

19. diamondsare4eva

November 1, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Now let me ask d question everybody is wondering abt and isn’t asking. Pls how old is d groom, looks abt late 40s or early 50s. They both can dress sha…….

20. bisisexy

November 1, 2015 at 6:48 pm

That’s d no 1 ting in life availability, wen u ask daisy danjuma how she met her boo,she says he was available and I was available, daisy is too down to earth and frank,the bride was by d pool of betsaida and two guys dat were new to naija met her,true if it were a naija guy s,he won’t b rude cos d guy would reply or leave her,some babes are very calm and friendly still we haven’t met d one,me personally would have been friendly as a pr person to, saying hi,or giving ur no deosnt mean ur cheap, u can always ignore calls,

21. bisisexy

November 1, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Was typing fast but so over look my typographical errors,but I read words like sentences,i know wat d writer intends to write, tuface will say if I say potatoes and u say tomatoes na d same haha

22. Chidinma Inspirations

November 1, 2015 at 8:07 pm

All I see here is love…the man really loves her, you can tell by the way he looks at her.

• Tari

November 12, 2015 at 11:46 am

You need specsavers

23. Adaeze Writes

November 1, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Lovely couple! Wishing them a lifetime of happiness together!

24. D

November 1, 2015 at 9:07 pm

YAAASSS to whoever styled them though!! Love it!!

25. bored sister

November 1, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Congrats dear mariam , but pls help a sister share the dating site

• Teacher Of Life

November 2, 2015 at 8:32 am

Lol, Being bored doesnt mean you have to be lazy nah! She did NOT meet him on a dating site. That was meant to be a joke. Please go back and read, you’ll find where she said “gotcha” meaning she was just kidding. I can see how people fail exams. Too much in a hurry. You read without understanding and then rush to comment.

• Abi happy

November 2, 2015 at 11:20 pm

So going on dating site is being lazy or being bored . Wow for some its actually the oposite too much work, uni, and other stuff. Little social life , hence thier reason for online dating.

• W.made

November 4, 2015 at 4:47 pm

gotcha – definition and synonyms

used for showing that you understand what someone is telling you
      ‘You know what I’m saying?’ ‘Yeah, gotcha.’

26. keeks

November 2, 2015 at 1:52 pm

so funny, theres something about white guys and slim petite Nigerian girls, but our brothers, can go far and beyond from the sea… i am yet to see 1 white or caucasian dude who went for a BBW Nigerian girl… My sister would say, babe if this your dream to marry a white man is still on, you need to loose at least 40 pounds…. Luvly pictures and congrats to the couples.

27. Feirooz

November 2, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Love lives here.I like them already

28. Felinda

November 11, 2015 at 3:44 pm

so all oyall always ohhhing and ahhhing to couples you dont know including timmers and mariam, osas and gbengro, lillian and ubi etc
    NOW YOU SEE THAT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD

29. Marvel

November 11, 2015 at 4:17 pm

@Felinda, whatever you want to glitter in this life, will. Situations like these happen around the world. What he should have done, if the wife is telling the truth, is, sort things out, When you go through the school lf life, you get past the ha, told you, or tell others off for wishing for their own fairytales. Its their choice. I wish all parties involved some closure. John, be a good father to your children, regardless of who you marry. That’s all!!

30. TK

November 12, 2015 at 7:33 am

had to come back here! Omg!! I sense sincerity in his wife’s tone! anger but sincerity! This is very upsetting and my heart goes out to Petia.. regardless of the situation, it could have been handled privately but clearly the man here has pushed his wife to the wall!

31. Phoebe

November 12, 2015 at 4:12 pm

As in ehn.. I had to come and see for myself
    *KindredSpiritThings*

32. Mz Titilitious

November 12, 2015 at 4:59 pm

abi ooo, i saw this post when BN posted it i just read comments and looked at pix….. i comment on what my mind is inline with

33. Emmanuel

November 18, 2015 at 9:25 am

I don’t blame Mariam Adeyemi for her ignorance, I blame John Timmer for his..