Music

New Video: Simi – Open And Close

BellaNaija.com

Simi open and close official release

Rising musician Simi has released a brand new single to close what has been a fantastic year for her and Nigerian music.

Open and Close is for all the party lovers this Season, we’ve got a lot to be thankful for this year’, the X3M Music act says.

The video for the song which was shot by MEX is a comical story which sees Simi and her ‘gang’ end up schooling a bunch of ‘prim and proper’ party guests on how to properly turn up, Naija style!

Download “Open and Close”

1. Kaeto

November 17, 2015 at 2:31 pm

I need her to win!!!

• I have said my own

November 17, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Rubbish.Win what?is it a competition?

• Surely

November 20, 2015 at 10:25 am

It’s a slang oh, oversabi

2. Kaeto

November 17, 2015 at 2:38 pm

I love Seyi shay, Yemi no dey own her game, her songs are all follow ups in the same pattern. I no fit pay to watch Yemi wetin I dey miss. Tiwa I love but Simi is what we all need. Lyrically sound, it’s like strorytelling, fun, soothing, for this naija traffic I won here Simi, e fit soothe body& soul. Naija artist learn oh, diversity/variety is key and kill it?????. Kudos.

• I have said my own

November 17, 2015 at 3:09 pm

What is wrong with you?Must you bring down another person just to hype your favourite.I have been reading very annoying comments about female musicians recently. Must we all like the same person? If you don’t like Yemi Alade, waka pass, and don’t downgrade another persons hustle.What is your own. “Yemi no dey own her songs indeed”.RUBBISH

• ayomide

November 19, 2015 at 3:31 pm

we love simi and her music. however, do not bring anybody down with the aim of hyping the other person. our naija female musicians have their styles and they are doing justice to that., now they are getting recongitions everywhere. you might not have to like dem all but pls don’t rubbish any of them. #womenrock

• lucio

December 19, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Lady you are so much awesome,sexy and beautiful.i pray i become a star.you will be my wife Cox i love you and i believe my country Ghana also love you.keep doing what you doing.tinini u be butterfly way u steal my heart away.miss u sooo much.

3. Taiwo

November 17, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Love it!!

4. King Bey

November 17, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Open and close ooo. She is going to go far in the industry and I see her getting awards soon. What happened to Saseon?

5. lc

November 17, 2015 at 4:06 pm

i like the song and the concept not to mention she has a lovely voice!!!
    in my mind i was just saying see all these bullies… coming to spoil person party lmao!!

6. temz

November 18, 2015 at 11:04 am

She’s got a very lovely voice, which is quiet soothing..However this genre of music she’s trying to adopt doesn’t do justice to her voice.

Simi your voice is beautiful.. Try pick/learn one or two things from ASA. You can make your FAME in a distinctive way not by this tungba tungba music you’re forcing your voice with.

Interesting video concept by the way.

• simi's huge fan

November 18, 2015 at 6:44 pm

i totally agree! 100% talent but this by-force commercial music, mba…

• ayomide

November 19, 2015 at 2:44 pm

it’s called moving out of your comfort zone my dear and she did it perfectly.

7. dantob