News

Tania Omotayo, Juliet Ibrahim, Beverly Naya, Lisa Omorodion & More in Project RAW (Respect A Woman) Campaign

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

20151123062232

A couple of weeks ago actor and model Emmanuel Ikubese launched the Project RAW (Respect A Woman) as part of the Emmanuel Ikubese Foundation.

A shoot was done recently, directed by Juliet Ibrahim, in a bid to raise awareness against domestic violence.

The Emmanuel ikubese Foundation (Project Raw) has partnered with agencies such as the Lagos State domestic violence and sexual response team, Mirabel center and Project Alert to create awareness and also help victims.

For help call 112 or 08137960048.

Emmanuel has reiterated the fact that, if Respect can be applied in Relationships/Marriages it will significantly reduce the rate of Domestic violence in our society.

Director of the shoot, Juliet Ibrahim explains “The shoot was something I was excited to be part of because it was an avenue to bring to fore what a lot of women go through in silence on a daily basis via domestic abuse. I tried my best to make sure the work has a consistent message that fits in with what Emmanuel is trying to project, hoping that it would give women a strength to speak up and men a spine to man up and stop battering women both emotionally and physically. Kudos to the photographer and makeup artist, working with them made the vision I had as a director so easy to visualize”

The shoot was done at the Le Paris Hotel, Lagos and it features Juliet Ibrahim, Adunni Ade, Beverly Naya, Layole Oyatogun and Tania Omotayo, Lisa Omorodion and Taje Prest.

See the campaign below.

20151123050048 20151123061542 20151123061945 20151123062004 20151123062015 20151123062035 20151123062050 20151123062105 20151123062120 20151123062136 20151123062210 20151123062252 20151123062308 20151123062337 20151123064715 a11IMG_0764 copy

To find out more about the campaign, you can log on to http://www.theprojectraw.org

Credits
Photoshoot:@nusinicphotos
Makeup:@sutchay
Creative Director: @julietibrahim

1. The girl who drinks kai kai

November 23, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Sorry but it looks more like a Halloween costume party than domestic violence pictures.

• Nkechi

November 24, 2015 at 3:47 am

I remember the story of a woman whose husband physically abused her so much that the neighbours begged often on her behalf. The woman later left and told her husband that he actually did not need a wife. The man realized the fact that he could not do anything without her, he couldn’t even cook can you imagine. The man eventually went to beg her. Anyway the question is this: Do you need a wife or just surround yourself with furniture like the ones my dad had when I was in primary school. They were very useful for pretend teacher and student, I will get a stick and cane the chairs. That was my way of learning. My dad got used to changing chairs for aesthetic reasons. A man must ask himself serious questions. Don’t kill another human being for their family. In another case, God stripped an emotional abusive husband off his wealth.The woman became the bread winner so much that her family could not eat without her. Let’s forget the photos here rather focus on the message being portrayed. Some women have it bad.

• Responsibility

November 24, 2015 at 6:21 pm

You really drink kai kai and smoke raw weed…..That was your look for Halloween? Mtchew

2. Mystique

November 23, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Some of the stories of domestic violence I read about these days just leave me speechless. To all men I say: treat your wife exactly the way you want another man to treat your daughter…. This ish ain’t funny abeg. Marriage is not a death sentence.

• Teris

November 24, 2015 at 8:57 am

and if doesn’t “send” his daughter nko?

• Mystique

November 24, 2015 at 9:16 am

@Teris, is that even possible?? men love their daughters i think…..I dont know again; the times we live in.

• Grace

November 24, 2015 at 4:20 pm

A lady doesn’t have to be married to be a victim. It can happen whether you married or not.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

November 24, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Stories you’ve read and the stories I’ve heard from real life victims. And a great deal of perpetuators will scare you when you consider how normal they seem in ordinary, public settings… Not looking like they can shatter a collarbone or two if the mood swings in that direction…

• amaa

November 25, 2015 at 7:43 am

I remember while in uni I will see my friends in abusive relationship and I usedto wonder why they would even date a man who hits them. This where hot chicks . Some models and I would look at them and try to figure out what went wrong. How did they come to this point . I would threaten to go to the police and they would beg and back then if the victim refused to file a complaint you had no case. Now I understand its more phycological or back home spiritual. You had to be able to manipulate and take over someone’s mind to be able to do this. It’s sickness/spiritual problem they both need deliverance

3. really

November 23, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Ugly and fake… one can tell the make up artist did not do a good job

• Tari

November 24, 2015 at 12:19 pm

simple well done would have been sufficient.
      What have you done about domestic violence, besides commenting here?

4. Toya

November 23, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Nice concept,great to see these celebrities using their platform in creating awareness,the only issue with this campaign is after creating this awareness and women come forward how are guys going to help some of these women trying to leave these abusive situation, saying this because I logged on the website there was no mention of help for Domestic violence victims

5. G!

November 23, 2015 at 9:00 pm

The black eyes look downright scary but no people! bruises don’t bleed…or do they? 😛 Well done to the people creating awareness on domestic violence. Kudos!

6. chi

November 23, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Powerful campaign! This is real ladies. Don’t ever settle for this. Prayers don’t always change people but prayer can give you the strength to walk away with the strength that things will be better for you, even when people advise you wrongly. Nigeria continues to need these campaigns. Lets shame men and woman who inflict pain onto others because they are weak themselves.

7. aikay

November 23, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Wow the MUA should be given an award cos these images look so real and believable.

8. Olisa

November 23, 2015 at 10:45 pm

The images are on point. The MUA did a great job

9. Nwando

November 23, 2015 at 10:46 pm

Lovely makeup

10. zee

November 23, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Dunno why tania looks naturally abused.

• Yu

November 23, 2015 at 11:21 pm

????

11. meah

November 23, 2015 at 10:54 pm

So some men actually beat up this way?
    I must be lucky

• Tari

November 24, 2015 at 3:16 pm

you are not lucky. No one woman deserves to be beaten and normal men don’t beat women .

12. Ochie Esther nnenna

November 23, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Nice work @sutchay….it’s so cool!

13. waliu fagbemi

November 24, 2015 at 12:07 am

Adunni ade did it for me,she is a natural Actress.that last pic of her is everything.Imagine it as a billboard….kudos to d entire team.

14. Bey

November 24, 2015 at 12:51 am

Tania always looking gloom naturally. Like smone who is being emotionally abused, hanging on to whiz kid for her dear life. Nice work and concept.

15. hian

November 24, 2015 at 1:02 am

tania is naturally abused….. thats coz her baba nla, is abusing her emotionally

16. Oshkosh

November 24, 2015 at 8:27 am

Dunni looks very real. You can tell the others were made up, but hers looks natural.

17. OD

November 24, 2015 at 8:58 am

I remember when my husband and I were dating, we had a misunderstanding, prior to that he had intention of giving me some money, I remember how he trew the 2 wraps of N20 notes (N4000) at me, that was in 1994. I picked them from the floor and trew back the money at him and told him to go to hell with his money. (We dated for 1 year mind you) He later came and apologied.
    We got married, had the first misunderstanding in our marriage and he slapped me, I returned mine, I mean 2 HOT slaps, he was shocked, and I told him never to try it again. That was the first and last time he raised his hands on me. We would be 20 years in marriage on December 19.
    Bottom line is when you as a woman see the sign try and stop it immediately, and if you cannot take a WALK, if you stay without resisting he will continue.

• Beeeee

November 24, 2015 at 9:35 am

LMAOOOO. @ the 2 hot slaps…good for him and glad it worked out for you. But for some other women, those 2 slaps could have meant death because the man might not have been as reasonable or as shocked as your husband and could have beaten the living daylight out of them. The shock slaps corrected your husband but it would have brought out bigger demons in others. Me personally, that money being thrown at me could have been the end. That money being thrown at me would have been equal to a slap and I would have been happier walking out on a relationship than a marriage. Again, glad it worked out for you and congrats 20 years in marriage is not easy. Some of us who haven’t reached 5 years are imagining what 20 would be like,,,lmaooo…

• madman

November 24, 2015 at 9:47 am

And if he had stabbed you, you would have stabbed him too. That way, you can both bleed to death. Good to know!

• Tea

November 24, 2015 at 7:23 pm

And you are very rude. I’m sure this lady isn’t ur mate? We’re you even born in 1994. Anuofia……… do you think it’s easy for every woman to just up and leave.

• Ngozi

November 25, 2015 at 5:03 am

I agree with Tea. When people who are older than you give you a piece of advice derived from their experience. Take it or leave it. You don’t have to insult them. That was her own personal experience and she does not have to lie because she wrote on Bella. Let’s learn to respect people when writing our comments or proferring solutions. We don’t all have to agree but maturity says you may be different from me. God made us all. I love as God commanded but we don’t have to be close or agree. I am confident enough to express my opinion without putting you down. You can either accept my view or reject it and I don’t feel insecure about my comment being on the same forum as yours. This is planet earth and you will meet people who are not like you. You really can’t win them over to your side by insulting them if that is your intention.

• madman

November 25, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Nigerians and group think. Here is a woman dangerously bragging about being abused and you’re ranting here about who is older than who. Don’t be silly little girls. Get over yourselves.

• Anonymous

November 25, 2015 at 11:21 am

You get better husband. You throw two hot slaps and fit type. Your hubby try.

18. helpme

November 24, 2015 at 9:15 am

This is my sutuatn presently. Please i need help. Family memebers wants me to stay. I had a very fresh attck just hours ago. Presently without a job. Pregnant and wth almost nothing to see me through.pls i need help

• Californiabawlar

November 24, 2015 at 11:41 am

Where are you?

• Alice

November 24, 2015 at 11:43 am

start something no matter how small. leave that marriage …family members can a times be selfish i know this from experience …never lose hope …God would grand you wisdom

• Gracie

November 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Hey dear, You need to seek shelter from somewhere else for now. There must be someone who can help you.

• Ngozi

November 24, 2015 at 7:22 pm

@help me, you need to find a good foundation. You must fight for what God has deposited in you and that baby, a lot of people don’t fight due to inferiority complex, lack of ability to see the future or even fear. But you must fight for what is precious like the mother of Moses who took a risk. If you were told that your baby will be the next governor of a state or that you will be the Mrs Alakija of your generation how far will you go. Marriage is a honorable thing but in your own situation, you need other people who are spiritually and professional experienced to work with you because you can’t fight this fight alone. Some abusers themselves have mental issues. Contact the real woman foundation. They have helped an actress that I know, her husband an actor abused her but you must cooperate with them because they will not force their way. The foundation is on 7b Jubilee Road. Magodo. GRA. Lagos. Nigeria. Contact numbers: +2348037178962 +23417611656 ; Email: [email protected]. If you are not in Nigeria, let me know. I will find something for you. Your life is precious, God did not make you for derogatory remarks. Lift your head up. You need Jesus if you don’t have him already. You will be fine, just don’t let this situation make you condemn yourself or give up on life.

• helpme

November 24, 2015 at 8:22 pm

I am in lagos.ajah environs. and i had a good job,im not a lazy person and i have worked hard for every penny i had even while dating and married to my now husband. The early days of my pregnancy i was very sickly and had to stop work for the main time. Even if its somewhere i can get counseling or anything at all. I plan on going for a montessoti training to start something.

These things are far worse experenced. Except you experience it you will never know. But one thing i know is that i will fight

• Mz Socially Awkward...

November 24, 2015 at 11:11 pm

You should reach out and contact the RAW organisation running this campaign. It’s a good place to start, if you’re in Nigeria. If you’re not, do a Google search for DV helplines you can call in your area. Please don’t choose to be a victim for much longer and I know it’s easier said than done so I pray you find strength to take some kind of action very soon.

• Amaka

November 25, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Scrutinize foundations o, my sister so you don’t fall from frying pan to fire. The foundation you choose must be tailored to your need. With all due respect to the genuine ones, watch out for by force foundations. I have heard about the real woman foundation run by Nike Adeyemi. The woman is very cool headed, caring and understand, guess there are other nice ones too but I can only speak for the person I know. You need to do something fast. Hopefully your husband finds help too. Eg Psychiatrist, anger management course. or deliverance.

• Shalabam

November 25, 2015 at 12:03 am

Sweetheart

Try the numbers on the post
      Unfortunately it’s hard to find much info on organisations in Nigeria: heres mirabel centres contact I got from their website [email protected], 08155770000

Decide to receive help. Try not to blame yourself or worry about exposing him and the shame and repacautions.
      Abuse victims are not the problem, its the abuser. Not matter what you do or don’t do, it will never be good enough.
      ITS NOT YOU
      ITS NOT YOU
      ITS NOT.YOU

Staying alive is the goal for now so that you and your baby can be healthy. I hope you have family that can accommodate you.

GOD BLESS

• red

November 25, 2015 at 10:56 am

my heart really goes out to you darling. I think you should leave for a while or seek counsel from professionals. it’s really hard to advise because we don’t have so much details. please darling seek help. there are several marriage counselors out there. i’m so sorry

• madman

November 25, 2015 at 9:29 pm

According to OD and Tea, stay and punch or stab him back. Then wait and see what he does.

19. madman

November 24, 2015 at 9:44 am

Extremely problematic to assume that abuse is only physically. There is: emotional, mental, financial abuse – seen and unseen. Cheating on your spouse is a form is abuse. Anyways, I digress.

20. Beeeee

November 24, 2015 at 9:51 am

21. 6god

November 24, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Makeup artist did a wonderful job…hope the initiator of the project keeps it up. We are tired of propaganda

22. jasmine

November 24, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Even with the ‘abuse’, Tania is still beautiful

23. keeks

November 24, 2015 at 1:13 pm

violence against women is so real, please emmanuel, go beyond taking pics of celebs depicting violence, have seminars, helplines, more advocacy, rehabilitation centers, maybe a women in violence and survivors support group like the AA group. i once heard of a story of a woman whose husband was battering her and neighbours had to call the police, only 4 those ones to get there asking wetin she do? (like it just has to be her fault) whilst hearing the battering going on after 10mins on arrival they knocked d door down, grabbed oga told him to sit while neighbours rushed her to hospital, brought water 4him and said oga calm down, long and short, what happened, oga was yelling at madam bcos he did not meet dinner when he came back, she left work, went straight to the market, got home and started cooking, that’s when he showed up, starting yelling why there is no food, she already tired (still in office wear) raised her voice also and he went off on her!!!! (for those who will say maybe he has warned her b4, still doesn’t justify breaking her teeth, bones and turning her black n blue) the quality of men we have these days is alarming, everyone teaches the woman how to be a good wife, mother, prayer coverer 4 the home, faithful, ride or dye 4d man, entrepreneur, hardworking, awesome cook, patient, not to talk to much, etc. but what are they teaching the men?

24. shola

November 24, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Domestic abuse is not just physical. Verbal abuse are often difficult to see. There are rarely any visible scars. The pain of the invisible dagger runs deeper than any visible abuse sign. Abusers like to save their abuse for an audience of one.
    A victim is often the target of angry outburst, sarcasm or cool indifference. Over time her own personal comapass becomes dismantled. Inside she dies.

25. oluchi

November 24, 2015 at 2:25 pm

@help me u need to get an income…that will make you stable…do it for your child.
    I hope awon them celebrities that posed for this campaign take it upon themselves to find you.

God with you through this ..

• Beeeee

November 24, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Oluchi, I agree with you, in a lot of cases, having an income helps in come cases. Some people end up staying in abusive relationships because they have no where to go. All their income is tied to the abuser. Really sad situation. We really need to put our heads together and look for a way to provide safe havens for victims of abuse. A lot of people are suffering in silence. Very sad

• Tumi

November 24, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Income helps but I have seen exceptional cases. Wife has money. Husband abuses wife verbally and emotionally. She pays daughter’s school fees. Husband borrows money from wife often. Husband is a professional with an office but nothing much happening, a relative has just told me he has no job. I thought that rich woman will never have to deal with abuses. This case shocked me o. He is not even sleeping with her. Na wa o.

26. Missatl

November 24, 2015 at 7:06 pm

ONLY TANIA AND ADUNNI LOOKED REAL FOR REAL!! THE REST LADIES LOOK LIKE JOKERS PLAYING AROUND. ..FOR U ALL SAYING THE MAKE UP ARTIST DIDNT DO A GOOD JOB, WHICH ONE CAN U DO? WHY DIDNT U OFFER UR SERVICES LETS SEE WHICH TALENT U HV….U R THE KINDA OF PEOPLE THAT NEVER APRECIATE A LITTLE THAT GOD GIVES U,..forever COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERY SMALL BEGINNING, U WILL NEVER BE BLESSED WITH THAT BAD COMPLAINING CHARACTER.

27. Mimi

November 24, 2015 at 11:09 pm

This madness in relationships is real and must not be trivialized. Read Battered Roses, authored by Iniango Ogufere. Some of the stories I understand are based on real life experiences. To that sister that needs help, please call the number on this article, I imagine they can offer some advice. But most importantly, leave before you become part of the growing statistics. For help call 112 or 08137960048 copied from the article

28. helpme

November 25, 2015 at 7:59 am

Raw have got no contact information. Like someone said the abuser has a way of stripping you off. My hubby did just that, in form of loans, making me spend in large chunks never to be paid back

29. COmpanion

February 9, 2016 at 12:46 pm

a man preached about common sense. WOMEN!! never wave away warning signals. before u say yes to a man, make sure you know him deeper. despite he* being careful.THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHARMING AND HARMING IS LETTER *C*