Events

With 19 Studios & 4,500 Beauty Reps Nationwide, House of Tara launches its New Corporate HQ in Lagos

BellaNaija.com

House of Tara Team

House of Tara Team

Africa‘s leading beauty brand, House of Tara – iconic for setting up the first make up studio and establishing Nigeria’s first make up school in 2004, launched its new corporate office located at 13A, Onikepo Akande street, Lekki Pennisula scheme I, Lekki, Lagos, on Sunday November 8th, 2015. The building interior was designed by Jumoke Adenowo’s company, AD Logistics.

IMG_6418
The corporate office launch was hosted by Ibukun Awosika, Chairman of the Board of Directors of House of Tara. Other members of the board of directors were also present, Nimi Akinkugbe, Osayi Alile, Chukwuka Monye and Ada Iwugo who gave the welcome address.

Ibukun Awosika started by saying, “I have been in this building before so I know exactly what it’s like, I also know the passion and commitment behind getting the new head office and indeed the company is ready for this stage“.

Mrs Awosika & Tara Fela Durotoye as they cut the ribbon

Ibukun Awosika & Tara Fela Durotoye

She continued, “I also know the dream for the future, so for me it is the symbol of where House of Tara International is going. Today clearly represents the beginning, this dream has gone beyond coming to life, I know where we are going. To have achieved what we have achieved even at this tender age, gives you an idea of the future we are envisioning“.

Tara Fela-Durotoye who launched the building alongside Ibukun Awosika was supported by her husband Fela Durotoye. Other special guests present at the event to retrace the brands evolution; and the new headquarters space were, Joke Bakare (Owner of Medplus), Bolanle Olukanni, Adebola Williams, Sekou Coulibaly, Mai Atafo, Ndidi Nwuenli, Funke Bucknor, Zainab Balogun, Yvonne Ekwere, Sarah Hamman, amongst others.

Welcome once again to House of Tara. You are here to witness the launch of our corporate office. This is a symbol of a journey that was started in 1993 by Tara Fela Durotoye and it has grown from a company with 1 entrepreneur to a company with 165 employees spanning over 2 directorates and 4 major departments; Commercial, Operations, Human Resources and Internal Control. It has grown from 1 teenage girl dragging a makeup box from customer to customer to 19 stores across the country. As we continue to focus on expanding our business especially through empowerment and leadership, we are excited and proud of what the company has achieved so far” Said Ada Iwugo, Commercial Director of House of Tara.

Mrs Ada Iwugo giving the welcome address

Ada Iwugo

The board of House of Tara - Chukwu Monye, Nimi Akinkugbe,Tara Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika

The Board of House of Tara – Chukwu Monye, Nimi Akinkugbe,Tara Durotoye & Ibukun Awosika

Ada Iwugo, Chukwu Monye, Nimi Akinkugbe,Tara Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika, Fela Durotoye, Osayi Alile

L-R: Ada Iwugo, Chukwu Monye, Nimi Akinkugbe,Tara Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika, Fela Durotoye & Osayi Alile

Guest in attendance were treated to delicious appetizers by Chef Fregz and cocktails by Elles Ice Box.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. Ada

November 20, 2015 at 4:14 pm

This here by Tara is inspirational not one blogger that was given 2b of tax payer n stolen money to campaign on social media that vain people call mentor n inspiration , the tomatoes seller woman that goes to Ketu every 5am in good n bad condition to get tomatoes to sell n still come back home to make sure her kids get ready for school , wouldn’t inspire vain people cos the has bought a big house … I love all winbiz women they all inspire me

• Solape

November 20, 2015 at 4:39 pm

God bless you ADA.

• IamNotLindaIkeji

November 20, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Women hating other women since 1914.

• Ada Nnewi

November 20, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Haba! Leave linda alone…. I’m not a fan of Linda but i have to respect her, she has worked her butt off and definitely sacrificed alot to get to where she is and she never stopped no matter how bleak things got…Is she the only one that chopped campaign money, even Bella Chopped…Find your own niche and run with it…Linda is running with her own…

2. Caro1234

November 20, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Waouhh! I am ivorian and I just discoverd this blog. It’s everything!! thxx for sharing

3. NG

November 20, 2015 at 5:52 pm

H-O-R-R-I-B-L-Y uncalled for statement @ Ada. An entrepreneur is one with nose for business that gives profit- legitimately I can add. Once that legitimacy is there, you are on your own if you let them do what they know best- get your money for whatever they have on offer. Stop having bile-full belly dearie and your blind(?) spot houses a green eye monster, true.

Congratulations to Tara and other women achieving in the Naija business environment

4. e.j.

November 20, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Ada

November 20, 2015 at 8:16 pm

NG is a pen us 5k and u sell it for 6k or even 7k that’s legit , if u sell that same pen for 15k that’s not being smart , that Freud globally but of cos Nigerians will see it has bring smart …

6. Kosi

November 20, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Personally I give Linda kudos for her entrepreneurial skills, but I don’t care for that blog. I think it’s a rag. She’ll publish just about anything and that makes me lose respect for her as a person.

7. Tpepper

November 20, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Ada darling….Focus alllll that energy into just one thing that you are passionate about. You will have a bigger house than Linda’s. Much more bigger. Okay?

8. Ti

November 21, 2015 at 8:18 am

Did u guys notice,d one making ur faces up,doesn’t even have makeup on her face,it shows how vain Nigerians can b,spending thousands on ur faces just to look cool,while d preacher of makeup doesn’t go by it.pls pple think twice& spend wisely

• Nina

November 21, 2015 at 9:55 am

she is kuku wearing o……but hmm, the thing no dey do her any advantage like it does for most girls

9. Cole

November 21, 2015 at 9:52 am

Quick question?

Does anyone truly buy TARA products apart from the reps.?

• Meah

November 21, 2015 at 12:00 pm

I bought .Spent over 30k.The products are not nice.waste of money.the girl I met there sold me a darker concealer,my face is always looking dusty brown and dirty.The lipstick breaks.Thank God I bought directly from them,I would have thought is fake.Right now I want to try Milani

10. eloho

November 25, 2015 at 10:22 am

I actually use House of Tara products – lipsticks (she has some of the best to be honest, colours are awesome and long lasting too), eyebrow pencils, lip pencils, lip liners, precision eye liners, eye shadows (great palette) and mascara. I haven’t tried her powders and foundation though but i have used and still use all i listed. I believe she is doing a great job, growing and still doing it. If nothing at all, she has created a consistent brand.