News

Controversy as Beauty Queen is Engaged to Her Friend’s Widower Four Months after Death

BellaNaija.com

Queen of Aso Nigeria 2014 - Florence and Bright

Queen of Aso Nigeria 2014 – Florence and Bright

Friends and family are crying foul as winner of Queen of Aso Nigeria 2014, an Abuja-based beauty pageant Florence Esu is engaged to her friend’s husband, Dr. Bright Echefu, four months after the friend died during pregnancy.

The pair got engaged this past Saturday, December 19, 2015 and invited Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2009 Jennifer Igwegbe and other members from the pageant’s management team.

Florence Esu

Florence Esu being Crowned Queen of Aso

Cindy Echefu, Bright’s late wife, died less than a month after turning 28 years old, this August, 2015, when she was pregnant with the couple’s third child.

Cindy's Funeral Poster

Cindy’s Funeral Poster

The pair were close friends when Cindy was alive.

Cindy Echefu and Florence Esu

Cindy Echefu and Florence Esu

Friends and some family members, including Cindy’s cousin, have taken to Facebook and Instagram to pour out their suspicions and frustrations on Bright moving on too quickly, in their opinion.

A photo of his new fiancee is now his profile picture on his Instagram page.

He has replied,

“Engagement doesn’t mean we have been sleeping with each other. She is the only friend I can keep in the care of kids.”

He also added his late wife’s family fully supports him and even his late wife would support him if she was alive, saying,

“My late wife’s family are [sic] fully aware of this decision and they knew I did it for the sake of our kids” and “The Cindy I have known and loved so dearly is part of this decision.”

Here are screen shots of the comments and his replies, from Keep Calm Black is Beautiful Blog

InstagramQueen of Aso fiance drama_1 Queen of Aso fiance drama_2 Queen of Aso fiance drama_3 Queen of Aso fiance drama_5 Queen of Aso fiance drama_6 Queen of Aso fiance drama_7 Queen of Aso fiance drama_8 Queen of Aso fiance drama_9

FacebookQueen of Aso fiance drama_11 Queen of Aso fiance drama_12 Queen of Aso fiance drama_13 Queen of Aso fiance drama_14 Queen of Aso fiance drama_15 Queen of Aso fiance drama_16 Queen of Aso fiance drama_17

Source: Keep Calm Black is Beautiful Blog

1. Omotè

December 23, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Nah wah! Read this story a couple of days ago on another blog…..I no see mouth comment, I avnt picked my jaw from d floor yet.

• June

December 23, 2015 at 4:42 pm

I would help you pick it up oh….. But mine is also on the ground…..!!! Hmmmm!

• Dara

December 23, 2015 at 9:34 pm

At 4 months he should not even be getting engaged to anyone. How do you even conceive of the notion of marrying anyone 4months after your spouse is gone not to talk of a friend. even if she was a stranger it would be disrespectful to his wife’s memory talkless of her friend.

2. Kini mo gbo?

December 23, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Godforbid!!! In the space of 4 months???

Nah fam…..

End time friends are about oo

3. ATL's finest

December 23, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Wait??????? Say what? Huh? When I thought I have heard it ALL. I went to Nigeria some time & a close FAM friend told me this same story happened to her sis & I just tho she was bluffing. Haba? Your dead friend is only gone for 4 months and U’re about to take over her bubby? Hmmm if it was overseas, U’re definitely a suspect.

For Pete’s sake, I just don’t understand how people do certain things, why they do it & how comfy they are while doing it. I mean I gerrit if yrs down d line they get hitched . Nevertheless, what do I know and who am I to tell grown folks how to live their lives. She’s bold I tell U. The fear that will descend on me alone; is enough to respect myself. R.I.P. Cindy

• iyke

December 23, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Can nigeria leave God to be the judge. False witness = hellfire.

• Papermoon

December 25, 2015 at 4:30 pm

ATL’s Finest my dear, as usual, blaming only the lady and conveniently forgetting the man who posed the question, hhhmmm

4. Green

December 23, 2015 at 4:27 pm

No, no, no!!! The guy should have held off on the engagement. If the ‘engagee’ really loved her late friend, she would have not accepted the engagement just yet. Haba, 4months is still fresh na, for someone to move on from his late wife! Kai,,,

5. Lol

December 23, 2015 at 4:29 pm

The devil is a damnnnnnn liar. Yo these hoes Dont care no more.
    Your friend died from pregnancy and oh my God. I want to shepeh for her!!!
    The man too is an ass hole. Omg

6. Mrs. T

December 23, 2015 at 4:38 pm

This life. If a Woman had done this, they’ll say she’s an asewo or omo komo. Unbelievable! Any reasonable girl with a heart won’t accept it, especially not too soon. If you even agree to date/marry your late friend’s husband after 2 years, it’s still questionable and odd. They don’t have the fear of God in them and they have no shame. The guy should stop lying, his late wife’s family isn’t in support, there’s NO WAY that’s possible. 4 months?!! ?? Wow.

7. DD

December 23, 2015 at 5:08 pm

4 months???!!!

8. December Wind

December 23, 2015 at 5:08 pm

This is all shades of wrong! Is this the best you can do for your late wife , the mother of your children who was pregnant with your third child before she died ?? I can see you have no shame but what about conscience ?? And they always have the dumbest answer ever , ” she’s the closest person I trust , I did it for the kids…” What nonsense! Does she have to be engaged to you to be able to take care of her late friend’s kids ? Meanwhile any woman capable of doing this to her late friend, is also capable of hurting the kids !

At this point , we don’t want to be distracted with this stupidity , we want an instant investigation on your wife’s death!

• Abs

December 24, 2015 at 12:27 am

Its just wrong. I lost my mum when I was 7 years old and dad waited for almost 5 years before getting married again. For that alone, I’ve got so much respect for him. He was looking after 3 kids and he had a very demanding job. Its just sad.

9. zee

December 23, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Truly weird. This stories give me the hebbiejibbies. I heard of the one where the lady married her late sister’ s husband. I just can’t understand this.

• osa

December 24, 2015 at 7:44 am

That was common in the olden days. I.e a sibling marrying the late’s fiance or fiancee.
      Read about a woman called Sophie scholl who was sentenced to death during nazi germany.

• Charm

December 24, 2015 at 8:41 am

Please are you then supporting the man’s action? Hmmm…. People have no fear of God anymore

• osa

December 24, 2015 at 9:11 am

@Charm, Im not supporting it . just saying. just as how cousins marrried each other in biblical times.

• Tosin

December 24, 2015 at 8:12 am

Maybe this is not the right place to ask this question – but what’s wrong with that? If you like a person, you likely like people that are like that person as well, right? So it would make sense for some people to just stay in the same community.
      It’s actually the custom in many cultures…to inherit a spouse, to share a spouse, …
      But also think of people who marry an athlete then another then another. Or people who marry in royal families or billionaires clubs. People who stick with writers. These are small cliques too, right?

• Oma

December 24, 2015 at 6:34 pm

The people ‘people’ choose to marry is not the issue here Toxin, the issue is that the man is engaged to his late wife’s close friends, just 4 months after her death. Capisch?

• Passingby

December 27, 2015 at 10:10 am

Hahahahaha ? Toxin

10. Otrizzy

December 23, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Monster incorporated,How could people be this wicked . They both killed this woman . Haba…….. they could not even manage to hide their useless affair am too sure they have been sleeping together b4 the woman died .God the heart of men . I feel like strangling both of the with my bare hands .WTH

11. Olayemi

December 23, 2015 at 5:16 pm

And the girl is shamelessly displaying the ring. Rig of death. Rubbish! Enjoy your evil matrimony.

12. Teni

December 23, 2015 at 5:19 pm

I know of a man who went to the village to bury his wife and returned with a new wife. That’s Nigeria for you.

13. Thatgidigirl

December 23, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Na wa o! This Florence éshu (pun intended) needs to be investigated for her friend’s death. This is why I cannot come and die ontop man matter! The karma that would visit both of them is at iya basira eating Amala and ogufe, getting fat in preparation for the time to strike…..and it wld surely strike.

• whocares

December 23, 2015 at 6:12 pm

loooooooool. ehn Karma ton wo short knicker ni yen (that’s the karma in short knickers). You sabi am too?. It will take time to to gym after Iya Basira so it can be well and fit enough to deal with them properly #noescape

14. Drknite

December 23, 2015 at 5:26 pm

What’s wrong with 4 months. His wife is gone; he is done grieving and now its time to move on with his life with a prettier woman.

• emma

December 23, 2015 at 5:58 pm

You’re just trolling abi? If not, may you marry a woman that will poison you and bring her new boyfriend to your funeral.

• anonymous

December 23, 2015 at 6:05 pm

I don’t think you’re okay. Therefore, I will save myself the stress and not insult you. I feel sorry for whoever marries you!!!!!! I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re the guy in question. Ewu gambia!

• Drknite

December 23, 2015 at 9:38 pm

You are kind and generous and may God bless you with many children.

• DD

December 23, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Ugh, this comment makes me sick to my stomach. Some people are just pure evil.

• adeanon

December 23, 2015 at 11:29 pm

Welcome Florence Esu, queen ( i laugh in spanish), ribena ad maker.

• Tari

December 24, 2015 at 1:49 am

Troll alaert.

• Tari

December 24, 2015 at 1:50 am

Alert

15. Bide

December 23, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Nawa o.

16. Ayishaa

December 23, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Is this man serious right now? His children have lost their mum forever and he is worried about how they will cope if he waited up to a yr before getting married. Seriously,,,,,,,

17. merciless

December 23, 2015 at 5:30 pm

na
    wah,it looks suspicious but dis florence get mind O,she should v chilled more b4 all dis.

18. She

December 23, 2015 at 5:33 pm

I don’t like thinking negative thing but mehn warristhis.. He even said family supported it and cousin denied it. Even if he wanted to marry again must it be public? yeye de smell
    Anyways sha guys support my hussle and visit my blog

sherijourney.blogspot.qa/2015/12/self-esteem-series1-new-country-new_23.html

19. Cindy

December 23, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Wetin cosign us sef? We Nigerians too like amebo. That said, ladies see why you shouldn’t die on top man matter? After you are dead and buried, he won’t waste time in moving on. I had a funny argument with my family this morning – dad, mum & cousin’s wife. I told them point blank that no one can take my man away from me unless he wants to be taken. I can not kill myself to keep a man. Everyone has a reason for getting married, some family status, some financial reasons, I can’t judge them. Mine is to have kids. Once I have them, I am satisfied. Even if a man doesn’t come along, I will adopt. It is better to aim for the moon and get the sun than to aim for the stars and get the sun. My mum just looked at me in disbelief and had to ask my dad if she was the one who raised. My cousin’s wife said experience is the best teacher. Yes, I agree but sometimes people just have different ideologies and mentality about life. The day is not over yet and see the news I’m hearing. I know she died in labour but well………I had a cousin who died in labour to the world, to us the fam, she died due to a man’s ego. Wife is in labour for more than 11 hours, you cannot afford cs but you know she has a family than is more than capable to afford one. You didn’t tell anyone but instead went to ori-oke to kabash. Let’s just say RIP ended the story. So well……irrelevant rant over. I maintain, I cannot kill myself on top man or man pikin #okbye

• Duchess

December 24, 2015 at 4:10 pm

I love you…thank you for living life on your own terms only.

20. Popcorn and ice cream time

December 23, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Am just here with my popcorn. Because this is going to be a movie. Secret enemies who disguise as friends,TUFIAKWA! the babe no even fear God and don’t tell me you fell in love because the only reason you fell in love with her is because she “purposely” made herself available to make it look like she was helping you grieve. Please put a hold on that situationship and respect your wife demise kmt

21. Deep Soul

December 23, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Jesus!!
    The man is just useless
    And the girl? She’s obviously not a good person. Shouldn’t she be mourning her friend? Does she have family? Are they in support of this madness?

Chai, some people have no shame.

Women, please be careful who you decide to marry. And even when you do, don’t kill yourself for him.

So sad

• Drknite

December 23, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Did you see his fiancée? It is a major upgrade and he had to snatch it up quick before someone did. LOL

22. emma

December 23, 2015 at 5:38 pm

What a shameless move on both parts. If there was an award for worst friend and husband of the year, they take the cake. Hmmm how did the friend die self? I won’t be surprised if they both connived to kill her so that they can get married.

23. whocares

December 23, 2015 at 5:56 pm

To get engaged, you would have crossed certain levels of intimacy right? (no not necessarily sexual) so if you got engaged after 4 months, when did you start courting, or discussing marriage( marriage people, not just relationship) is it before she died, or as soon as she got buried or when? The problem here is not that he cannot move on with his life but to marry someone so soon? A marriage? For better or worse for life type of marriage. He is not hiring her to be a nanny for his children o.. He is marrying her. And for the man to respond that he is doing this solely for his kids… So in the four months your wife has passed away, you are unable to care for your kids or family members are not available to help that you need to get married so you can have a live in child minder? Also, way to go man, nice way to make the woman in your life feel special saying you married her solely for the children. Ema tan ara yin. This ‘tory is not complete at all and I dont even care to know any more about it. It is such a distasteful circumstance.

• zsa Zsa

December 23, 2015 at 10:45 pm

As in….i wouldn’t normally comment on these type of stories but….the hairs on the back of my neck have been standing throughout.

Lets leave juju/voodoo out of the equation, its just plain distasteful to engage your late wife friend after 120days ANNNNND make it public!!!! Like, the wifes body is still warm!

And how do you make your bride-to-be feel like the nanny? couldn’t you just pay someone for that? i bet she feels like the queen of everything right now.

This story is just disgusting.

• abi

December 24, 2015 at 6:34 pm

you need to see her post on Facebook where she said wife of the CEO,d girl get plans for this guy,

• Sally

December 27, 2015 at 9:25 am

My dear, I support you oh! What kind of engagement is that. I don’t think the family members will throw the kids away if he asked for help in taking care of them. This two florence and bright have a hand in Cindy’s death. Moreover Esu in my language means the Devil. any way it wish them luck in their love our nanny hiring employment.

24. What a shame

December 23, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Florence you probably had an eye on your friend’s man…okay even if you did for God’s sake she only died few months ago….can’t you wait???? I feel so sorry for Cindy’s kids. May God protect them cos its this kind of step mums with missions that I fear the most. You are a disgrace Florence. Even if he first approached you for God’s sake Cindy was your friend. I can’t even talk about the Cindy’s husband because he doesn’t have a heart… Senseless man….I am pissed.

25. Segi

December 23, 2015 at 6:04 pm

With a friend like florence, you clearly don’t need an enemy. Alot is going through my mind regarding these two vile creatures. Kai, it wasn’t as if she was dying and you’ve been grieving for a while, she passed ‘unexpectedly’; I hope! Both individuals should be investigated biko. As for you Florence, you surely will get yours, that my dear is a guarantee.

26. oyin

December 23, 2015 at 6:12 pm

wow–wow—wow, it is well, God is the ultimate Judge- don’t be surprised if new wifey goes through the same thing- call it nemesis

27. IDONTCARE

December 23, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Where are all the Ruths abokokus? Please step forward. Men are not worth all the trouble. Don’t because of husband kill yourselves else this is what will happen o. Me don talk my own.

28. GirlFromIpanema

December 23, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Mehn I am trying not to judge these people but erm this story get as e be?

29. Aso Oke

December 23, 2015 at 6:31 pm

That’s just foul on many levels, it means there was always an attraction while the wife was still alive. Why is her ring in the middle finger though?

30. Ariere

December 23, 2015 at 6:35 pm

They mos def were sleeping with each other while Cindy was alive. The engagement is only but the confirmation.

31. Drknite

December 23, 2015 at 6:41 pm

By the way, why is the engagement ring on her middle finger?

• Olanma

December 23, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Because they are local champions.

32. madman

December 23, 2015 at 7:17 pm

they were obviously knacking when the wife was still alive.

33. femfem

December 23, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Truly disgusting story. I went to his Facebook and I saw pictures of her dead in hospital and he was bending over smiling and posing pictures. I have never seen something like that before. Truly creepy. Something is amiss

• Tosin

December 24, 2015 at 8:05 am

woah. i don’t even want to see what that looks like.

34. Ms jazz

December 23, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Africa Magic tv ish! God save us from people with evil intentions!

35. Chi

December 23, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Where are these CSI people in the Nigerian police when you need them?
    This is your first suspect! Honestly, if they don’t start investigating this story whether called upon or not, I will curse all of them for wasting my tax money I pay monthly.

36. bunmi

December 23, 2015 at 8:08 pm

whatsoever a man/woman sows so shall he/she shall reap….

you might succeed in keeping secrets between yourselves… but nothing is hidden before God!

@Florence as fine as you are, u no see another man fall for abi? am sure u don dey envy cindy tey tey…

@Bright (Ogbeni… looking for helper to talk care of my kids)…. epele sir am sure you have mother and other family members that would do this….

Bright please answer this question in your heart… If reverse was the case, would you be happy if cindy got engaged to your best friend??

@ Fiilo!!! karma is coming just watch out…

37. Pinkfunky

December 23, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Florence Esu, just in case you are confused the Lord will not send you to your late friend’s husband. But that is none of my business.

38. Dave

December 23, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Kai! Just so, we won’t enjoy Xmas with peace abi?

I overcome that…

39. Anonymous

December 23, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Why did you “sic” it? What’s wrong with the grammar? These so-called writers sef wey no sabi the rules of grammar.

• zsa Zsa

December 23, 2015 at 10:34 pm

It should be “My late wife’s family “is”….” family is singular in this case.

• Anon

December 23, 2015 at 11:39 pm

“A collective noun is considered singular when it refers to a group as a whole: his family is, is correct.”

40. Arin

December 23, 2015 at 9:14 pm

If you ask me, na who I go ask the matter way we see so0 e tay way he start. No be me g0 talk am e heavy for mouth…

41. therealerniemac

December 23, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Something shady is going on here

42. Ephi

December 23, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Strange things indeed happen in this world. Smh

43. Miss Anoni Moss

December 23, 2015 at 9:19 pm

These 2 individuals are not serious at all, my sister died and left 3 kids behind, her husband got married 2 years later although my family supported him it was so hard for us that no one from my family attended the wedding.
    This man right here is heartless, haba no matter what atleast they could have waited a little bit more…. May the late wife’s soul continue to rest in peace.

44. Lonely Xmas

December 23, 2015 at 9:30 pm

In my 4 month experience, I have come to realize that no man is worth dying for. My case would have been like late cindy but thank God I came out of my marriage alive. In fact I was a walking corpse unknown to me. My ex husband and my maid had finished me but thank God for his mercy upon my life. My ex husband planned my death. Sent a guy to come work for me in my company. I never knew he was on a mission. I was extremely nice to this guy. Just my nature. This guy conscience wouldn’t allow him carry out his assignment. A week after his stay, he came to me saying he needed money to buy airtime. I gave him 1500 naira. He was surprised. He was expecting 100 naira or so. So he called my ex husband and was like are you this is the woman you told me about, my ex husband said yes. When my ex husband came back from his trip, I welcomed him with joy. This particular guy was still at the bq. I saw both of them talk time without number but I felt it’s normal man to man discussion. One day, these two had a misunderstanding over you must do it and I can’t do it. I didn’t understand so I mind my business. I was always fond of minding my business. That I will never do again! My traveled, then this guy walk up to me asking me for forgiveness. I told him he never offend me but he said he did. He said his conscience is not letting him rest. He said he had a mission and he was promised to be paid some certain amount of money. I asked what mission and by who? He said daddy…sent me. I was shocked. In fact so many confessions. It wasn’t a thing of shooting me, poisoning me or stabbing me with weapons but he came loaded with charms that would have made my enemy sleep and not wake up. They would have claimed it was stress that killed my enemy. What did I do? Where have I failed as a wife? It’s not enough that I’ve been in an abusive marriage for 4yrs and now it’s to end it by eliminating my enemy. I would have appreciate it if he had told me the marriage could no longer work instead of going extreme. Only for me to hear that my maid who told me she was returning to her village was carrying his child. His plans were exposed right to his face. My ex husband begged saying it was the devil work. I needed nobody to tell me to leave. In fact the kind race wey I pick eh, I no remember carry my belongings and dat of my child. I found myself in my father’s house. My dad had not given out my room. My room was still intact lol. These are just summary. I’m happier than ever. My child is happy. My parents are glad to have me alive. Like my dad said, abeg sit down here make I dey look you…lol. An average Nigeria man is wicked. Please my sisters it is better to be called after one, after two, after plenty children sef than to be called late so so so and so biko. May late cindy soul rest in peace. Merry Xmas in advance everyone…

• Joke

December 23, 2015 at 9:50 pm

I’m curious to know if you are igbo? Becos Yoruba guys, don’t need to eliminate anyone, they just add another wife to the equation…

• Bolu

December 23, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Wow, the heart of man is really wicked. There is this saying ” person wey go kill you dey under your nose” that is the person that will harm or kill is very close to you. I know this base on experience. I am glad u made it out alive, u are victorious. That so called man is a big looser.

• Girlfromipanema

December 23, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Woah if this is true then I rejoice and thank God for you ooo -Not that I don’t believe you but it’s the kind of thing one sees in Nollywood movies and when it happens in real life you just wonder how wicked people can reallybe!

This life is truly a battlefield,God help us .

• Spanish Guitar

December 23, 2015 at 11:35 pm

My heart goes out to you. May God heal you and strengthen you. May you never lack the funds to take care of yourself and your child. May your parents never know pain again and may you find happiness with a wonderful man predestined for you. Amen.
      You are amazingly beautiful and don’t you ever forget that.

• belle

December 23, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Jesus ehhhhhh.

• o

December 24, 2015 at 8:06 am

Thank your creator.
      . You lucky you get parents who don’t mind you or consider you as liability in their housr. Live . My papa talk ay I’m getting old for him house and I will have to leave. A time I was early or middle twenties as a young lady.

45. ruth

December 23, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Am not surprised at all. Don’t know them, but I remember clearly, when the late Cindy died. I saw it on Facebook, because the so called husband posted at least 150pictures. I got unnecessary suspicious, and asked my husband,how is it possible for a mourning widower to have time to snap all these pictures and still post them on his account. And also have time to be replying comments. He started posting pictures from when she was sick until she was laid to rest.
    Am not going to judge,all I can say is HML to Florence

• meah

December 23, 2015 at 10:21 pm

You are blessed Ruth
      I said the same thing oh
      He was posting pictures like a red carpet event

• o

December 24, 2015 at 8:12 am

That’s how my former oga in my former office was radiating with excitement when he lost his wife to cancer .
      some of us were already looking morose when he was coming back to the office. By the time he arrived he was talking as if he just got back from a trade fair. Laughing and cracking jokes about the point she was declared dead. And cracking jokes.

In my mind I thought this man is happy to be free to marry a young wife. In about 6 months the man married one small pretty girl. I heard the deceased had been the one struggling on all fronts to make the man a financial sucess which he is today.the man has money like anything.

• Sake

December 25, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Thank you my sister. I saw all the pictures too and was Like, what are you celebrating. I really pity this Florence Esu girl.

46. Tamunotonye

December 23, 2015 at 9:47 pm

The heart of man is desperately evil, I smell a rat!

47. agbomma

December 23, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Married ladies keep single friends at bay!

• Bolu

December 24, 2015 at 1:58 am

Has absolutely nothing to do with been single, married or in missionary/ polygamy but the individual mind of a human being. Or are u saying when one is married one can do no wrong? If that is your point then just ignore this “thesis” I wrote because that thought process is on another level.

• Hian

December 24, 2015 at 2:43 am

Agbomma, you think a married woman can not have an affair with your husband? You should make sure you marry a man who is sensible, that is it! A useless man will go after his nieces sef.

• Cindy

December 24, 2015 at 5:24 am

Shut up. That it happened to one percent of the population does not mean it will be the same for all. Single friends or not, a heartless man is a heartless man.

48. yomi

December 23, 2015 at 10:33 pm

they obviously started dating either wen she was still alive or immediately after d wife’s demise cos they did not just start courting on begining of dat 4th month and got engaged end of d month……

49. mars

December 23, 2015 at 11:29 pm

Dis guy na wa he is my friend on fb I saw d pictures of the late wife and I was wondering Hw sumone who just lost his wife will ave time for facebook talk of post her pictures anyhow may God protect us from evil

50. Nahum

December 23, 2015 at 11:33 pm

When they tell you women not to die on top your man matter, una no go hear. Some of you will even put your men before your kids. These men are not loyal o!!!

51. The real dee

December 24, 2015 at 4:50 am

When people start asking why married friends stay away from their single friends after marriage, this could be one of the reasons. For goodness sake, her best friend, not just any friend, BEST FRIEND. They couldn’t have fallen in love to the point of getting engaged in just 4 months, either the husband or the friend may have been ‘eyeing’ the other.
    Married woman, when your friend(married or single) starts telling you she wishes she had a man like your husband or she wishes your husband was hers or you try and hook her up with someone and she says, she’d have been happier if she had someone like your husband, even if its jokingly, better pack your two legs and run like a deer.
    Married man, when your friend starts telling you he wants a woman like your wife, he wishes he met your wife before you did, his life will be better if he had a woman like your wife, better take to your heels. Some people have a desperately wicked heart and would go to the most evil length to get what they want.

52. caurdess

December 24, 2015 at 5:36 am

Oh please! Why do people always want to imagine the worst!!!!! People grieve in different ways…only the person that wears the shoe knows where it pinches. Let them live and be happy…why do we enjoy seeing people suffer? 4 months and 5 years, how does that change anything? The fact still remains his wife is gone and he has to make the best decision for him and his family…would it be better if he is having secret affairs for 5 years before getting married? Let’s learn to mind our business as Nigerians and focus on what is important! Even you bella, why carry this story? What is the point you are trying to make? I don’t know them personally; but, I know it is not for us to judge how a widower decides to get his life back #lifeistooshort

53. onyi

December 24, 2015 at 6:51 am

Bright and Florence unless there is no God, u both will suffer for the tears many people cried on this issue. The Heart of man is desperately wicked and both of u are evil, God exposed U both to tell the world how u killed Cindy if u don’t know. As for u Florence hope u know that the same way u were sleeping with him is the same way Abj gals will sleep with him if u like go and tight ur pot well the prayers of many can never ever go in vain. I pity u both cos u will never ever know. Peace no soul should talk of judging them Cindy in her grave has sent the world to see her tears and fight for her take it or leave it.

• Ada Nnewi

December 24, 2015 at 11:24 am

Not to worry sheets dueziani showed maduwke pepper…it’s that kind of treatment that awaits all this type of men.

• Ada Nnewi

December 24, 2015 at 11:25 am

*shee
      * dieziani

54. Tosin

December 24, 2015 at 7:59 am

I can see why this is a practical arrangement – to fill the gap, to care for the kids… No need to go running up and down looking for a new person when all the characteristics are right there waiting.

I can see why the backlash. I’ve read that in Igbo custom there’s a terrible and mandatory mourning period. At least that ensures say no be the spouse kill the other one.

As Emir Sanusi said and y’all have refused to hear marriage is not all about sex. It is not all about money. It is not all about anything really. It’s nothing to be jealous about, nothing to pray or wish for, and certainly nothing to kill for.

55. Beauty

December 24, 2015 at 8:08 am

Terrible! I even heard the babe is an abuja runs girl. If only he went for someone as decent as his late wife. The timing is just so wrong however we want to look at it but let us not judge because it is not in our place to do so.

56. buzzy

December 24, 2015 at 10:29 am

Both of them should be arrested as they are the prime suspects in the death of the young pregnant woman. Investigations should actually be initiated. Why would a healthy young lady with two young children suddenly develop such problem that will kill her instantly in pregnancy one week after her birthday? Obviously she was poisoned. Women be careful of your friends! !!Frenemies everywhere!
    Florence you don’t belong to your late friends bed snuggling in the arms of her husband. Why you no fit see your own since after all your hustle. Na wa o
    At least give her respect for a few months.
    Is the death of such a young woman a joke?
    God have mercy! As for Dr Bright let God be the judge in this. It is well with the children.

57. Katey

December 24, 2015 at 10:34 am

I see nothing wrong with it. The truth is the men who waited 5 years where sleeping around the second month. This people want to be realistic about their issues

58. Horrified

December 24, 2015 at 10:45 am

Can someone sit that Florence Esu of a woman and give her a long slow lesson on karma?

59. bottomline

December 24, 2015 at 11:12 am

Dear Amebos, Judginas and Judgettes

I don’t know where or how he married his late wife but if you have ever attended a church wedding you would know that the vows exchanged expires at the point the soul leaves the body i.e. it is ’till death do us part’.

I have never heard an exchange of vows where either of the couple promises to hold fast to the vows after death. Have you?

Pls quit being so retrograde, irrational and judgmental. The marriage is over. Forever. There’s nothing he can do about it. Plus he did not kill his wife! So what’s the big deal? I bet you would have a different opinion if it was a divorce and he got engaged the following day.

Some of you say he should mourn his deceased wife for varying durations. But even the bible says let the dead bury the dead. 4 months is long enough. Abi you ppl just want the guy to be miserable, as if the sudden passing of his wife n unborn child is not enough trauma for him.

Pls use your brains to introspective and review yr own life and decisions. Let others live their own lives as they deem fit without your long nose following them around.

I wish the couple a blissful future together.

…and no, I don’t know them

• Ada Nnewi

December 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

I wish you what his lateam wife endured….

• Ada Nnewi

December 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

*late

• Adelaide

December 24, 2015 at 5:01 pm

That’s wrong on so many levels to wish someone death during childbirth because you have a different opinion

• ariz

December 24, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Obviously this is the beesshh ex-beauty queen talking…you have no shame at all… and you will die the same death as this woman and get replaced in 2 months..lets see how you feel then..beeesshhh!

60. IjustKeepitReAl

December 24, 2015 at 11:27 am

If you watch “Forensic Files” on HLN, “Dateline on TLC,” “Snapped”on Oxygen Network or “The First 48” these are not scripted reality shows, but involves real crimes, murders, and homicides. When “mysterious deaths ” like this occurs, the significant other or a close relative or friend are usually the FIRST one to be brought in for questioning. In most cases, autopsy is usually done to identify to cause of death, or the dead body exhumed to determine the cause of death, or the investigators will carefully monitor the pattern, the body language, and everything surrounding the widow or the widower But when a husband or wife marries FOUR MONTHS after the death of a loved one. Such a one should be carefully investigated.
    And, in this case, the husband about to be married the wife’s friend solidifies the case, that you might be dealing with a calculated murder with ONE INTENTION (to get rid of one, and to marry another)
    Scientifically speaking, a thorough murder investigation should be conducted and an autopsy should be done to determine to cause of the wife’s mysterious death.

• Cindy

December 24, 2015 at 4:45 pm

You said it all. I thought of all this American crime stories and the thing that came out of my mind is the husband and girlfriend are the first suspects. Justice needs to be done.

• Adelaide

December 24, 2015 at 4:59 pm

If you read she died of amniotic fluid embolism how is her death mysterious? people die during childbirth, besides if you truly think it is jazz autopsy will see it?

• imose

December 24, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Oh please !! Let’s not go there !! Amniotic what? Couldn’t they have evacuated the pregnancy to save the mother ? Google it and see the symtoms and how that happens in pregnant women ! That case is very rare !! And for a 3rd time mom? Haba? I smell a big rat!! Echefu is a doc he knows what to do or say so no one raises eye brows . And in Naija we all leave it to God to handle . If it were here in the USA… It won’t be an easy excuse !! May Cindys soul rip !! This is so sickening .

• imose

December 24, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Exactly !! Wish they did an extensive independent autopsy on the late wife. So sad …
      I was shocked when I saw the florence screaming on fb I will marry you and one other meme stating when you and your wife owns a business she tags him saying roger that . One thing I know judgement day will be very interesting. Gods case no appeal . My prayers are with the late girls parents , silblings and her kids. People forget that every one must taste death and give account to God one day. I have not been my self since I read this story and when I saw the husband’s post on fb. From her death bed to her funeral .. I knew something not right here!!

• Nayla

December 25, 2015 at 11:26 am

Meaning that the husband knew the woman wAs going to die and was already taking the pictures he took right from when she was sick till she died which he posted on Facebook. How can a man be taking pictures of your wife on a sick bed. Who takes such pictures? Was he expects she’d die? #just saying

• mo

December 24, 2015 at 6:35 pm

HLN is my best channel.

61. demashi

December 24, 2015 at 11:46 am

Scripturally, he has done no wrong – he’s marriage was over in GODs eyes after the demise of the late wife. The morality of his action is the issue here, four months is a rather short time to get engaged to someone else. In most instances, proximity would determine who a widower usually ends up with, the lady would likely have been in the background with some emotional attachment and it doesn’t have to be sexual. A divorcee friend hooked up with a fellow church member a year after his wife left him cos she was there for him at a trying period and had always been his friend – not much difference here. Although, they should have waited a little longer.

62. Smackdown

December 24, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Damn…this is wrong on so many levels

63. Smackdown

December 24, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Means she was secretly coveting her friends husband when she was alive?

64. EGEONU OGBONNA

December 24, 2015 at 1:34 pm

THIS IS STUPID, YOU DID NOT EVEN LET THE HEAD OF YOUR LATE WIFE TO DECAY BEFORE BRINGING I OFFICIALLY ANOTHER WOMAN? MAN SEE THE CALAMITY COMING SUNAMI WILL BE SMALL . I PITY THE POOR GIRL USED AND DUMPED.

65. semesee

December 24, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Be very cautious in choosing a life partner: 50 per cent or more of your life success depends on it. Your sanity and your life itself may be at risk if you choose the wrong person!

66. bisisexy

December 24, 2015 at 3:25 pm

An average Nigerian guy is wicked,an average human being is wicked too,i wonder how humans feel? Am still yet to recover from depression, last year my sis baby died after birth, me and my sis hubby went to the cemetery, the cemetery pple where telling us to go dat dey will bury the child, we disagreed paid any amount dey said,the full story is for another day, abt how Nigerians deal on human body parts, cos d guy in charge of the cemetery told me angrily y is ur sis hubby stubborn?I will threat his f- up tell him to give me the child,when d former wife of a governor said God told her a calling for her was to open a cemetery, bcos pple’s souls, where crying out to God,i didnt understand.Cindy’s husband has no heart,dats y after he buried his wife, he still has sexual craving,i have met many fine young 419 guys,but I refused to date dem, I don’t know deir source of money now, while u are dating b very observant,is he dere for me?is he caring?is he fetish?

67. kara

December 24, 2015 at 3:36 pm

I think it’s bcos Cindy’s hubby is a doctor, think twice before u marry a doctor, all this talk abt csi, if a doctor wants to kill someone with out detection,he can succeed,he can poison slowly or give her tablets and say honey dis tablets are multivitamin drink dem, no 2 by training doctors death means nothing to doctors before dey graduate from medical school,dey have been friends with dead body at the morgue, dey go at free time for practical ,y deosnt this doc have compassion for his wife? one he sleeps with?wife who gave birth to his kids,my dad is a lawyer I have heard a lot of stories from him abt hobbies dat kill deir wives, I know God will squeeze life out of these evil guys in jesus name

68. Princess Mimi

December 24, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Please can someone explain this to me. This new woman will she be his wife or his maid aka children’s nanny?

69. Adelaide

December 24, 2015 at 4:56 pm

I was in camp for 3 weeks and I loved someone under that, 4 months is too long especially in moments of grief. Personally I don’t see anything wrong here, why can’t people just see something and leave it at that without insinuations. If I died I’d rather my closest single friend marry my hubby esp if my kids liked her too

70. Ej

December 24, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Go to her Facebook dats florence esu she her pictures carefully she has been engaged since may months ago sef

71. bisisexy

December 25, 2015 at 12:35 am

Dats wat uncle zzz used to say, if he died today he knows his wife will bring another guy to deir bed, as soon as she plses,dis story makes u not to belive any body or want to marry,bcos some pple act so well,how do u know dier mind?dats y I love d society woman dat her hubby was an oil minister and army general, she deosnt belive in love, if we didn’t know dis gal well, she will send pre wedding pics to Bella and pple will tap into her anointing, dat is what I tell God,father pls am sorry God, pls punish dis kind of husband and his new fiance, so we that can’t or don’t go to baba lawo or kill some one to marry her husband nko?I have been in a bus to lagos,the old woman her dota is very pretty and popular,her mum told her friend on phone dat she helped her dota delete her moda in law bcos she didn’t like her dota, d woman thinks I don’t understand yorubA and she spoke in hushed and coded voice but mo ka ohun,meanibg I got her message well

72. Nzeribe Ikechukwu emmanuel

December 25, 2015 at 12:46 am

We the family of Nzeribe hereby refutes Dr. Bright Echefu ‘ s statement concerning his remarriage and we are not aware of it or discussed about it.the evil that men do ll surely live with them.deeply in pain.by his young brother Nzeribe Ikechukwu Emmanuel.

• Sake

December 25, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Can you just imagine the liar Bright.

73. bianca ekuchey

December 25, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Cindy was my close friend b4 she got married to bright.we stayed together for 4yrs nd how she met him i knew everything nd it was a disaster.i and my twin sis warned her not to go into a relationship with him cos he is a golddigger nd an opportunist but she insisted.she took in for him nd insisted on settling wif him.her uncle called me nd said I should talk to her not to go into dat marriage even friends warned her.i guess she thought we werent good friends.there is a saying that wat an elder can see while sitted a young person cant see it while standing.if only cindy had known dat getting married to dat bastard would take her life she wouldnt dare.derz no doubt her husband nd his miserable new desperado had a hand in my friends death cos I see no reason why a man who lost his wife dat same day had d guts to upload pics of her in d hospital nd taking a sefie smiling.even during d burial ceremony he had d time to upload over a hundred nd eighty something pics or more.bright u r a shameless nd good for nothing bastard who is so desperate for fame.but u know wat d evil men do alwys catches up with them.u nd ur new wife to be d back stabber will definitely not go unpunished. Ur evil deeds will catch up with u both.as for ur new evil wife if cindy’s bloods r on ur hand ur death will be so miserable nd painful.i hate u both.

74. Babe

December 26, 2015 at 9:46 am

And women behave as if men is their God. See what your GOd can do to u

75. Babe

December 26, 2015 at 9:53 am

The man did not have a hand in the death of wife neither the new woman. This is a man that has no respect for women. To his they are an means to an end. But they usually find it hard at the end so let’s just watch.

76. Bokun

December 27, 2015 at 10:29 am

Why couldn’t they wait. These 2 have no conscience. I can imagine how distressing this news would be to the family of the late girl. I wounder the sort of parenting brought these 2 MONSTERS up. The SELFIE a proclamation of just how selfish, self absorbed , truly callous and purely EVIL they are. TUFIAKWA! !!!!!!!!!!!. I SPIT ON THEM. May non of my friends, family even my enemies ever get involved with people like this!!!!!!!.

77. Femi

December 28, 2015 at 1:06 am

Women be prayer & never be desperate over men. The love of money and societal pressure has pushed many men into rituals for success. Rest in peace Cindy

78. satzy

February 21, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Its such a shame that people are so eager to sink their teeth into stories that weren’t crossed checked before posted on social media. As someone close to both couples, the story isnt all that was posted. Yes there was an engagement, but NO cindy and florence weren’t friends. But its not my story to tell as the victim will be coming out soon with facts. Till then, bloggers should be careful how they post stories just because they feel its gossip worthy and it’ll create traffic on their blogs. There is a new ammendments bieng made in the constitution on press against false informations. Those involved I.e bloggers can be sued and jailed. Be advised!