Just before signing on the dotted line on your contract for an event venue you wish to use. There are some key questions you would need to ask to make sure the venue meets your event requirements. After asking questions and taking notes, you can then sit to compare and contrast your notes to select the place that works best.
- Website (if any)
- Name of Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Email (if any)
Date & Payment
- Is our preferred day available?
- How many other weddings or events will be booked that day?
- Is there any planned construction?
- What are the site fee, deposit, and payment schedule?
- Do costs vary by day or time (Saturday, Sunday, afternoon, evening)?
- Are there hidden costs?
What is the cancellation policy? Is the deposit refundable?
Food, Drink, Dancing & Decor
- Can we use an outside caterer?
- Can we bring in our own drinks?
- If yes, is there a corkage fee?
- If no, what is the pricing for alcohol?
- Is there room for a band, DJ, and/or dancing?
- Can we alter the existing décor in any way?
- Are candles and/or confetti permitted?
Rules & Regulations
- Who onsite staff will be our point person throughout the event?
- Does the venue have insurance or do we need to get it?
- Do we need any permits?
- What are the restrictions?
- Minimum and maximum capacity
- Handicap accessibility
- Child limitations
- What time can our vendors start setting up?
- What time do they need to leave?
- Who is responsible for cleanup?
- Adequate power supply (24Hours Generators and their capacity)
- Toilets and Bathrooms
- Adequate electric spots
- Sound System
- Bridal Suite
- Tables and Chairs
Hope that these points help you to make a holistic choice when selecting your event venue, this event season or even next year!
Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Mystock88photo