Scoop

What are your Salon Pet Peeves? Watch Sisi Yemmie share hers in Latest VLog

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Sisi Yemmie

Everyone has one or two salon pet peeves.

Watch vlogger Sisi Yemmie talk about hers below – and shares yours too!

1. Blueberry

December 11, 2015 at 10:48 am

LOOL. To me some salons are major gossip centers. I am so allergic to that. Like instead of focusing on giving you good hair care advice , a hairdresser will be giving you the juice and gist about another customer.

• Sugar

December 11, 2015 at 12:21 pm

I found out my ex was cheating at the saloon. The saloon knew his other babe cos my Boo always brought her to the same saloon to fix her hair. I had my boo’s pic as my phone wallpaper display pic, one of the saloon girls kept peeping at my phone and i wondered what her curiosity was all about, then she blurted out and said “Aunty, be like say i know that uncle wey his picture dey your phone”. I replied and said ehnn ehnn how do you know him? then she collected the phone from me and showed the other stylist and they both said haaa shebi na uncle Biola, he always brings his babe here to come and fix hair every 3weeks.

I wanted to collapse, they even described the babe my booo brings to the saloon every week they asked me how was i related to him, and i just went dumb. Anyway, to cut the long story short sha, the cat was let out of the bag and all the information i got from the stylists were true.
      That was the end of that relationship andThank God for the gossip i will have continued thinking my bobo is faithful.

2. storystory

December 11, 2015 at 11:21 am

After making my hair myself for over year and taking good care of my actual hair, seeing it grow and become healthy, I went back home and decided to have the feel of someone else do my hair for a change. Big mistake! First, she used cold water to wash the hair, no light, no stove, nothing. Okay, the washing process was like a fight, i told her to take it easy, of course that fell on deaf ears. Drying time, I had been off heat for over 6 months, that blow drying brush, you know the one and the blow drier with just one setting, ‘super high’ killed my hair. I could smell burned hair for days after. Well it wasn’t dead enough so they decided to finish my edges with bonding glue, all the while saying “your ‘hair’ is fine”. Oh and it did not look like the picture I showed her. Did I forget to mention how much it hurt? Most people in nigerian salons know how to fix and braid but not how to take care of hair.

• Babe

December 11, 2015 at 4:36 pm

And you sat down quietly for her to do all that to you?

3. zee

December 11, 2015 at 11:51 am

[email protected] storystory….my dear, Nigerian salons are something else especially d non ‘tush’ ones that r easily affordable. My trick with them is to convince den money is not a problem provided they do an amazing job. Added to that is that I always courteously correct them when they are doing something wrong. Works like magic. That’s not to say some don’t get on my nerves sha

4. Sugar

December 11, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Sisi yemmie is so pretty

5. Uju Lilian Ikegbune

December 11, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Very true! you really need to teach these saloon people all this things.

6. Le coco

December 11, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I hate when ppl eat food with their hands.. then touch my hair.. Even if they washed heir hands.. The fact tht I cn still smell your ogbono is annoying.. Nd when the hair is really painful . I hate ppl talking around me… I also hate when ppl touch my hair( if you rnt the one doing it).. like “sister dis your hair fyn oo” ehn thankyou no need to touch

7. WinneR

December 11, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Now this vlog I enjoyed.I also hate how the stylist feels they have a right to push your head at the slightest,even feels like they had beef with you sometimes.

8. Bee

December 11, 2015 at 9:26 pm

I hate when a stylist is on the phone while dong your hair. I nice had one fighting with her boyfriend on the phone on and off while she was braiding my hair. I just could’nt take it after a while had to tell the salon owner to switch her with another person if she was not ready so she could go and sort herself ouit.