BN TV

Ghanaian Web Series “An African City” is back with Season 2! Watch the Opening Scenes of Episode 1

An African City Season 2

In 2014 BellaNaija Movies & TV brought you the scoop on a trending Ghanaian web series called An African City”.

The Ghanaian based production tells the story of five beautiful and successful women who confide in one another about their love-lives (or lack thereof) and find new ways to deal with being a 21st century woman in Africa. The five women are returnees.

The series, created by Nicole Amarteifio, while Millie Monyo is the executive producer, kicked off on Youtube in February 2014. It featured Esosa E, Maame Adjei, MaameYaa Boafo, Nana Mensah and Marie Humbert.

Click here for Season 1’s Episode 1 & 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episodes 6 & 7, Episode 8, Episode 9 and the finale Episode 10.

The series is back with Season 2 and we’ve got a first look at the very first episode.

The new season of “An African City” will also be airing on EbonyLife TV (DSTV – Channel 165 on Monday, February 1.)

Watch the opening scenes of Episode 1 below.

1. Sonia Paloma

January 25, 2016 at 11:47 am

Chaii…
    Someone can not even enjoy good thing for free again *tears* lol
    I love this series and I will defintely be paying to watch them since it will not be available on youtube anymore.
    Excited!!

2. Tuke

January 25, 2016 at 11:52 am

Yayyy, I really enjoyed this series and the insight it provided into Ghanian culture.
    I’m glad Season 2 is finally out.

tukesquest.com

3. Ada

January 25, 2016 at 11:58 am

I enjoy this show.

4. californiabawlar

January 25, 2016 at 12:36 pm

As long as they chugged that her Nigerian ex-bae…dude’s acting was atrocious! in fact all the men on the show last session were ridiculously terrible! lol….
    I’m still in for some juicy episodes though…the girls are super fabulous!!

5. Briishqueen

January 25, 2016 at 12:46 pm

*screaming on top of my voice* I can’t waittttttt….. I enjoyed the last season. Niceeeeee

6. @edDREAMZ

January 25, 2016 at 1:23 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    I dont watch series movie though…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Ewa

January 25, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Then why the comment?

7. adelegirl

January 25, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Yay! I am so glad this was picked up by Ebonylife TV. Now I can watch on TV and preserve those precious MBs I burnt watching this series on YouTube last year! Whoop Whoop! Thank you Mo Abudu! Cant wait to see my favourite Ghanaian girls again. Loved watching their shenanigans from Season 1.

8. Debby Ags

January 25, 2016 at 2:37 pm

If they could only upload the entire exciting series online at the same time, it beats me why we have to wait for an episode a week but pay for the entire thing ($20) immediately. Oh well, we wait until March or April to pay, if Irokotv does not buy the rights to it first!

9. Tosin

January 25, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Really liked Season One. Glad they’re back!

10. tunmi

January 25, 2016 at 9:03 pm

The attention to detail in this series is amazing. From the hair styles to the clothing to the cinematography, and then to the portrayal of female friendships. Permit me a bit, I am just so tired of the way women are depicted in korean dramas and Naija movies. Kilode? It’s either we are competing for some men’s attention or we are demeaning each other for small material possessions. I have amazing relationships with women: my mothers, close friends, mentors, classmates, etc. And I know many people do as well. So it is sad and disheartening that this is the single story when it comes to female relationships in kdrama (but they will have bromance oh even if it doesn’t make sense) and in Naija films.

Rant over. I’m excited that this series continued. I’ve paid my own $19.99 (that was the minimum amount). Now if they could create a page dedicated to the hairstyles and the clothes!!!!!! They are kuku on twitter…

11. Kristy

January 26, 2016 at 2:47 am

I love the ladies, uber fabulous! Sade kinda reminds me of Samantha in Sex and the City. Funny enough the series is kinda like African Sex and the City with a twist.

• Idomagirl

January 28, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Yup!

12. Honeycrown

January 26, 2016 at 6:04 am

I was just thinking about this show the other day but couldn’t remember the name. So happy it’s back! Yayyy…

13. nwanyi na aga aga

January 26, 2016 at 8:36 am

Beautiful show. I love how they depicted a very healthy female relationship, where each woman had a life and was not competing over a man or something. I will still watch season 2 biko. Their clothes and hair makes me believe that one day Africa will rise again. Well done umuoma. I will definitely be watching via Ebony life.

14. HRJ

February 19, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Season 1 was fabulous, I now live in France and have tried to get season 2 but no luck… HELP please