Music

Kiss Daniel writes Thank You Letter to Fans in the Midst of #TheHeadies2015 drama

BellaNaija.com

Kiss DanielAin’t no drama here!
Kiss Daniel who was also one of the nominees for the Headies 2015 Next Rated award which caused a feud between Olamide and Don Jazzy has released a gracious thank you letter to his fans.

Kiss tells BN “No award beats the support of my fans”

Read on;

When I opened my social media accounts this morning, it was humbling for me to see that so many people believe that I deserve recognition for the work I was able to do last year by the grace of God. But like Thomas a Kempis famously wrote; “Man proposes, but God disposes”. To see that fans across different social audiences appreciate the efforts I put into making my music is one I will never look down upon, no award beats that, and I hope to be able to repay this confidence in good time.

My fans have been the most amazing source of inspiration for me, and I promise never to let you down. From the days when I was nobody in this industry, to song after song that you have helped become hits, I say God bless you for all the support. To be honest, it was quite heartbreaking to find out that I did not get the particular recognition I so much craved, but I am excited that it only means I need to work harder, and that 2016 will be a bigger year for me.

In 2015, some of the awards I won with your support include; ‘Best New Act’ at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA), Next Rated Artiste of The Year at the Extreme Awards in Benin Republic, AFRIMA Awards Most Promising Act in Africa. I also found out I was one of the top 5 Google Top Trending Nigerian Musicians. For an artiste with less than 10 songs to my name, I think this is enough for me to congratulate myself upon.

This year 2016 is going to be bigger and better; my debut album drops this year, and with the work put into it by myself, my team, and that of the artistes magnanimous enough to feature on it, I am positive that this will be the year. I also want to use this opportunity to tell the fans to look out for the forthcoming single of my label mate and brother “Sugarboy” dropping in few days from now, as we at G-Worldwide Entertainment will continue to bring you good music.

I thank you all; my fans for always supporting me, the media platforms who continue to keep me in the public’s mind, the industry seniors who have made it their job to guide and mentor, and the members of my team who work behind the scenes to make sure I keep my head level and continue to make great music. Special shoot-out to my label boss “Emperor Geezy” who continues to bring the best out of me.
I wish you all a happy New Year, and hope you have a good time in 2016.

ANIDUGBE OLUWATOBILOBA DANIEL (KISS DANIEL)

Almost forgot, thanks to the good guys at The Guardian UK for giving me a mention in The playlist: the best African pop of 2015

1. Missy J

January 3, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Kiss Kiss my Boo boo, sound inside out.
    I’m happy you accepted the outcome… All nominees are winners in their right.

• Jade

January 3, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Just when I thought I like kiss Daniel. I like him even more now. Gratitude is the key. Please, continue to put our great music and appreciate your fans. Mama raised him well. God bless you.

2. Sommmie

January 3, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Kiss Daniel you are the next rated

3. Daezy

January 3, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Such a lovely writeup. Gratitude is the key.

4. Jojo

January 3, 2016 at 5:10 pm

This dude is sound upstairs o

5. DD

January 3, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Lovely letter, very nicely done.

• ATL's finest

January 3, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Yes oo! What a grown way to handle shit.. This is how U do it 🙂 you are welcome Kiss baby ?

6. ibee

January 3, 2016 at 5:19 pm

kiss Daniel, am a fan. kudos.

7. shady

January 3, 2016 at 5:50 pm

No one says it better than u son. Olamide hope u’re learning .

8. Beeeee

January 3, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Better pikin!

9. Ghostmode

January 3, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Kia better pickin!!! The sky is just your starting point..looking forward to your album. May 2016 bring you bigger and better things!

10. mrs chidukane

January 3, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Lovely letter, very enlightening as well. Shows his achievements without sounding like he is bragging. Most importantly, it sounds like he wrote it himself *davido cough cough*.

11. fan

January 3, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Don’t mind the ojoro people,Nigeria award is not by merit but by voting.please I want to see good news.

12. Teezy Lake

January 3, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Nice letter. Make I end am like that before them ban from the mainland ! #kissDoh

13. I love Reeky bcos of his intelligence if u doubt me ask Don J

January 3, 2016 at 7:37 pm

When will this #headies2015# ish end? Nice write up! Kiss Daniel I knew u were very intelligent when I watched ur interview with Stephany Coker on MTV Base channel, and dat was the day I became ur fan. Don’t worry ur hard work will definitely pay off some day. Congrats Reeky! I love reeky n I will always support ur music. I cover u with thy blood of Jesus, no weapon formed against u shall prosper IJN *amen*. The award is a gift from ur hard work n u shall live to enjoy it. Be careful Reeky its obvious some pple don’t want ur progress especially ur colleagues#BitterTruth#WishUWell#UrInvisibleFriend#

14. muyiwa

January 3, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Artists should stop being childish concentrate on making hit songs and cash.leave awards alone.its better u look up to wizkid n psquare who hardly attend awards but their impact is felt.all these awards stuff is fake.awards can be bought with cash.kiss pls don’t be award hungry.

15. ayobamidele

January 3, 2016 at 9:37 pm

wow! such an amazing kiss. sincerely u really deserve it. like d way u acted when u were showed d car. sincerely I woke up all nyt to watch u, though its heartbreaking for u not to get any awards @ d headies. such a stupid headies. u sincerely deserve one even if its not next rated. ur woju rocked since early last year and last till d end. well its a chance to motivate u. am also api for Reeky. he deserves one too. feel bad for kesh he also deserve one. f** headies. u guys shud kip it up. no relent or I smash it from u. no tym to beef. kip it up my crush. love u

16. Omotoyosi

January 3, 2016 at 9:38 pm

@ I love reeky. I’m 100% with you. The day I watched that interview and found out he was a 4.3 graduate, my respect for him doubled. God bless you Daniel. Your mama raised you well and please don’t forget to always ask God for wisdom and understanding in all you do. It will take you far. God bless you sweetie

17. nene

January 3, 2016 at 10:00 pm

correct person!!!

18. nellysneh

January 3, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Love u my kiss kiss…… nice write up, Greater u dear

19. niyoola

January 3, 2016 at 10:16 pm

I love you Kiss Daniel :* :* :*
    Woju was my favourite song for 2015

20. Nefertiti

January 3, 2016 at 10:43 pm

Kiss Omo mi. You are the next rated confirmed. Reekado my yansh!!!

21. Didi

January 3, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Even though I liked him, I was a little indifferent before about the awards, now I like him 1million times more, I only wish I we could go back in time so I can vote for him, since I skipped voting the last timeout.
    Beta person. God bless ur hustle. It is well.

22. December Wind

January 3, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Smart move ! While Olamide and Don jazzy were arguing weather the glass is half full or half empty , kiss Daniel drank it ! Kisses to you Kiss

• Toun

January 4, 2016 at 12:18 am

My thoughts exactly.Very smart boy.See how he won d public to his side.Olamide,this is how it’s done.not everytime street gragra.

23. ama

January 4, 2016 at 12:29 am

U r real MVP. This got me digging info abt u, behind d music scene. God bless u, and the sky is just a stepping stone.

24. ama

January 4, 2016 at 12:30 am

*the deal MVP*.

25. ZEEZKI

January 4, 2016 at 10:19 am

The next rated and more categories at the Headies shouldn’t be a voting category by fans it should be done by the know how in the music industry , check out the most prestigious music award in the world which is GRAMY it is never decided by voting from fans , u can imagine if it have been done that way what do you think would have happened to black artistes ? None would have won it till date , headies need to step up it game on this aspect, “my opinion” #LeaveTrashForLawma. Love u kiss no homo, awa ti ti FUNAAB.

• hezekina pollutina

January 4, 2016 at 1:11 pm

hi zeezki, don’t think the headies are trying to be the grammys by any stretch of the imagination. and they do have other categories which are decided by the music pro judges. if they have a category meant for fans to vote obviously they do that for a reason. probably one of the reason is to get statistical numbers and information about artists’ ability to pull. from this situation with ybnl & mavin, we can conclude that mavin have more internet pull. thats by a strictly online voting numbers game. thats the kind of information some decision makers would like to know.

26. Prince

January 4, 2016 at 10:46 am

They were 5 nominees and there will only be ONE WINNER. I don’t understand the feud. Everyone can’t be the winner that’s why people like us who are their FANS will have to vote.

Now, how many of those ranting on SOCIAL MEDIA voted for their act. The person with the highest number of vote took home the price and people wont let us hear word.

TIWA SAVAGE was nominated in her time, I don’t know if anyone in her category is as successful as her presently including the winner (can’t remember who). Just do your thing please. We all know Jennifer Hudson more than the winner of the talent hunt she went.

27. Ade_suwa

January 4, 2016 at 1:52 pm

9ce write up kiss boo,

28. alexa

January 6, 2016 at 9:58 am

hey kiss Dwell done ure so mature fr ur age, lolss bt all dsame lu
    v ur music am an up cmin artist myself i hpe to mk betta music dan u and sme wit u aite jst tink outside or d box and do ur tin.lex out

29. Alexa

January 6, 2016 at 10:10 am

Hello kiss D ure so mature fr ur age and dts a gud tin.aniwys gud one on d headdies if u didnt gt d award dts all gud .well am an up cmin artist myself hpe to do beta music dan u lolsss and sme wit u lex out