Scoop

See How a Basketball Star apologized to his Partner after Getting his Girlfriend Pregnant

BellaNaija.com

LOS ANGELES, CA - JULY 17: NBA player Nate Robinson, Sheena Felitz and guests attend Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Sports Awards 2014 at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion on July 17, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images For Nickelodeon)

LOS ANGELES, CA – JULY 17: NBA player Nate Robinson, Sheena Felitz and guests attend Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Sports Awards 2014 at UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion on July 17, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images For Nickelodeon)

Basketball Star Nate Robinson played in the NBA for a decade. He played for top teams including New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors, Chicago Bulls, and Denver Nuggets. Robinson is the NBA’s first three-time slam dunk champion. He recently ended his NBA career with the New Orleans Pelicans.

During the Christmas season, he posted this message on Instagram that got his fans wondering…what did he do?

I have to give this woman right the biggest apology in the world … Sheena I’m very sorry for all I have done to you , all the times I crushed ur heart and feelings … I’m sorry for not being the man that you want me to be , we share 3 beautiful children together they are our world … I Owe you guys everything. So as a man I want to ask if you can forgive me for all my wrongs I have made many mistakes and I dnt want you to judge me for them , if you can find it in your heart to forgive me for being disrespectful, diss honest, ungrateful, impulsive, I have asked the lord to forgive me for what I have done to you & i hope you can show mercy as he does , if not I understand. I want nothing more than to see you happy with or without me , again I’m truly sorry for me being a true bad guy off and on for years … I’m trying my best to change the man/father/ I use to be , I know I can be better and I will , I want to own up to what I have done and stepping out on you was not the right thing to do.. I should of been a man and told you the truth ,I should of talked to you about what I was doing and gave you a choice I didn’t and I’m sorry … Through mistakes GOD shows us grace , mercy and blessings… You deserve to be happy and I hope you get that one day, just want you to know I’m sorry and truly sorry , if you could dig deep in that beautiful heart of yours and fine an ounce of forgive would be wonderful !! I love you No matter the outcome …? #arealmanownsup it takes a strong person today I’m truly sorry,and an even STRONGER PERSON TO FORGIVE !!!Love is not how you forget,but how you forgive , not how you listen but how you understand, not how you see but how you feel & not how you let GO but how you hold on and move forward !!!Im sorry Sheena Rae

Sheena “Shanna Rae” Felitz is his longterm girlfriend. They started out as high school sweethearts and have been together – off and on since then. The couple have 3 children together.

Now it has been revealed what the apology was about. Nate welcomed a child with his sidechick.

While some fans have been criticizing him for cheating on his longterm girlfriend, others are commending him for apologizing and owning up to his responsibilities.

What are your thoughts?

1. Jessiejay

January 29, 2016 at 8:31 am

Wizkid take note!!!

2. Tosin

January 29, 2016 at 8:33 am

1. he can’t spell hehehe
    2. so cute and touching, yeah i talk a good game but when it comes down to it, i’m the type that will be forgiving before you can even finish the apology.
    3. a lot of people have been asking about men not using protection. why don’t people use protection for all their waka-ing about?
    4. aww, baby so cute.

ere ife dara
    ere ife ladun
    ere ife yii something sebi omo la o fi bi?
    – King Sunny Ade, in My Dear
    my dia, ki ni mo se fun e o, t’o fi fe da mi ju s’ile?
    sebi ede ara wa ni ko ye’ra wa. je ka something something ka jo s’ere ife.

Sweet mouth, kai. I don already fall sef. But don’t let me hear say no money for Pampers 🙂

3. Ruka

January 29, 2016 at 8:35 am

Bullshit!!!!

4. jd

January 29, 2016 at 8:36 am

he is a goat!

5. ATL's finest

January 29, 2016 at 8:49 am

The Nerve tho!!!!! Like take that Apology back where it came from! Now, Baby mama #2 let’s see who’s gonna be next! He was a great player for OKC but use your sense a Lil . #Sidechicks# just don’t wanna use protection either smh.

6. Layo

January 29, 2016 at 8:51 am

Yes, cute and touching word no doubt….and it’s true everyone makes mistakes.

But I just tried to read this in the reverse i.e. if Sheena was the one apologising because another man got her pregnant and she was about to have his baby….would the words have been so sweet and touching?

Hubby cheated on me, and he forgot their “sext” messages & her naked pictures on his phone too. Worst part is my son found the pictures while looking for a game to play on his daddy’s phone.
    Hubby was even more apologetic than Oga Basketballer here, there’s no kind of pleading and grovelling he didn’t do. THE MAN BEGGED.

My issue was that the family (mine and his) thought the fact that he was begging so much had to mean automatic forgiveness from me. In my mother’s words “You should be thankful he didn’t bring her home and push you out”. Okay mummy, but what if it was some guy’s naked pictures he saw on my phone? Can I also expect automatic forgiveness if I beg and cry? “Oh you can;t do that, you’re a woman and there’s no amount of begging in that matter, in fact, I will be too ashamed”.

Sigh…the double standards.

• Tosin

January 29, 2016 at 9:38 am

great point. so if the double standard bothers you, renegotiate, discuss the double standard and get what makes you happy. serious. If you luh him, keep him. if you’re ready to forget him, say bye. but you’re not. if you luh to just be with him, keep it so. if you luh to hook up with someone else, just once, go for it. if you luh to keep the door open, do that too. Life is too short to be feeling bad over double standards mennn.
      cos what i read is you’re not that pissed, i mean the guy’s gotta be a kid sometimes is how you see it, and you like the cuteness lol, you’re just upset that so much is required of you while he’s free to play. 🙂 🙂

• Dee

January 29, 2016 at 10:17 am

Blablablablabla Tosin what are you even saying? Your drivel is annoying and please learn to punctuate.

• Layo

January 29, 2016 at 10:36 am

@Tosin, sometimes you’re really cool with your comments but sometimes you’re so misguided, it’s deafening. And I quote:

” i mean the guy’s gotta be a kid sometimes is how you see it, and you like the cuteness lol you’re just upset that so much is required of you while he’s free to play.”
      No sweetie, you’re very far off the mark here. That’s not how I see it, and no, I do not like the cuteness, and no I have no anger at much being required of me while he’s free to play.

My comment wasn’t a Dear Aunt Bella piece, I was merely sharing and if you read again, you’ll see I wasn’t asking for your advise.
      Check @Abi’s comment below…not THAT’S a sister who needs advise.

But since you gave it to me unsolicited….I’ll tell you this:
      It’s handled.

• D

January 29, 2016 at 10:58 am

This comment is beyond condescending, Tosin… wow.

• Tosin

January 29, 2016 at 11:09 am

oh ok, Dee, D, and Layo. Dee: there’s a lack of “getting” between us today, we’ll figure it out and understand each other. D, also not getting you. condescend how? because i don’t see the connection between what i wrote and condescension at all. you can break it down for me. Layo: the owner of the head, so of course always right, just like the customer. glad it is handled.

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

January 29, 2016 at 4:11 pm

@Lizzy
      I understand the reservations you may have over Tosin’s comment. But there was absolutely no need for you to read out her name and surname.

@BN
      Anonymity is a huge draw to this sites like this. Why would you post a comment that has someone’s real name in it? Why would you do a foolhardy thing like that?

Considering that you know @Tosin personally and have done a piece on her before means you knew the identity revealed was true.

I don’t think people want to drop comments on a site that allows peoples real names to be disclosed whether true or not. Not because they necessarily have anything to hide or fear. It’s because its private. It’s because if they want their names to be revealed they can do it by themselves.

This site is beginning to feel less and less…

BellaNaija.com

January 29, 2016 at 4:30 pm

@bob, we censor unconfirmed stories, names, comments and phone numbers every single day. It was an oversight by the moderator and the comment was deleted.

• Tosin

January 29, 2016 at 5:30 pm

wow, thanks for looking out for me. mo appreciate.
      i missed the problematic comment, thank God 🙂
      people will have different opinions, even about basketball stars, apologies, girlfriends, and pregnancies. so….everybody chill.

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

January 29, 2016 at 5:58 pm

I think you should take down my comment too and maybe yours as well.
      It might cause unnecessary speculations.

• Cindy

January 29, 2016 at 10:15 am

I would probably have forgiven him if my child did not see it. See how selfishness on his part exposed the little boy to that sort of thing?

• Natu

January 29, 2016 at 10:24 am

There is no double standards. Women need to wise up. If it good for the goose, it should be good for the gander.

7. Abi

January 29, 2016 at 9:27 am

sorry to derail the post guys. Just been wondering if i am needy too.
    So what will you say for a bae that travelled for business meetings, and has called twice in 2 wks? The totalling of both calls is not up to 5 mins. You keep calling, he won’t pick. You send a text, free him for a day, call him again; he then calls you back and tells you, you always call at odd hours. Don’t you realise there’s time difference. No apologies, no nothings. Got me speechless!

• Mz Titilitious

January 29, 2016 at 9:31 am

hmmm guess there is someone else….. #myopinion

• Ada

January 29, 2016 at 9:58 am

It simply means you are his side chick. Just use your brain. I can’t tell you what to do, because you will keep calling and hoping for a forever story with him. A man that loves his woman calls almost every one hour and I’m not kidding.

• Doxa

January 29, 2016 at 10:22 am

It does not necessarily mean that you are a side chick, or that he has a side chick. It simply means that you are NOT IMPORTANT. Shikena!
      So make a decision based on the above, it had better be a good one.

• ???

January 29, 2016 at 10:38 am

Hey Abi.. I think we both dating the same guy. Is he Dark, very Tall and cute staying on the island?

• Layo

January 29, 2016 at 11:01 am

Dark, very tall and cute and stays on the island?
      Shall I just move on from this generic description? Or shall I consider a plot twist that it might be my husband you both are dating?

Okay is he Yoruba? With an uncanny resemblance to Denzel Washington? Does his name start with B? And has he ever mentioned his favorite food is yam with egg?

Chai! BN family has seen additional tea for January 2016.
      #FunnyButNotFunny

• Corolla

January 29, 2016 at 11:31 am

@ Abi Listen to your instinct girl. There is a reason for the silence. He is cheating! Point, blank, and the period!

• Cookie

January 29, 2016 at 11:43 am

Abi im sorry, are you sure this is a biz meeting or some get-away with smone else. Main chick/wifey ? There’s smthn not just right some where.
      I am also having issues in my rltshp, but dis ur own ehnnn. Them neva born dis my nigga yet to not pick up my call o, even if he cant he calls me back in 5/10mins max.
      And even in my mind dis his old/cold im even suspecting anoda chick sef.
      So my dear brace yourself, it is either he’s no longer interested in the relationship, you’ve done smthn major and he’s upset, or there’s another chick. Or for all you care he’s going thru some major challenge with work/biz.
      We women need to be careful with d way we just assume a change in behaviour means another woman. Either way sitting him down for a heart to heart in a non-confrontational way is the way to go. Good luck

• kuku

January 29, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Ahhh Abi..you are certainly second place! Time to re-strategize luv! hugs

• Numero uno

January 29, 2016 at 1:02 pm

There’s a tiny winy chance you might be nagging. I know a cousin who’s bf broke up with her after she left him 41 missed calls. Give him a breather. Even if he’s actually seeing someone else, still give him his space. Take your self out, dress well and watch an Adam Sandler movie.

• jide

January 29, 2016 at 3:44 pm

You are a side chic, not the main bae.

• Idomagirl

January 30, 2016 at 3:10 am

He’s not your boo.

8. ednutey

January 29, 2016 at 9:28 am

Beg from now till next year…it wont change anything. Y hasnt he wifed her??? Given her some sort of security??? As far as I’m concerned, if i’m the babe I wont take to heart that epistle bcos there’s no commitment, Kids are not a form of commitment!!!, it just means he probably has been careful with others and not careful with her(until he chose not to be careful with the sidechic)

Pls the Sheena abi whats her name should just jeje mind her kids and their future and stop waiting on the man that is waiting for God to dial his number and tell him there’s a lady who lives in his house,has 3 of his kids and wants to spend the rest of her life with him and be committed to him and vice versa

9. Similicious

January 29, 2016 at 10:37 am

It is the men that hurt women the most that come up with the epic apologies…

10. lyl

January 29, 2016 at 10:47 am

For how long will men do this to women. And for how long must women give room for and tolerate this vile behaviour. Imagine the man even said On and Off! Meaning he is well aware of wat he is doing! And the girl stayed with his cheating ass thru 1 pikin,2 pikins even pikin nos 3 with no marriage oooo! Yet he still goes out to Chukuli side chicks without rubber. With all the VD in the world tday! Some women sha! I do not pray for such patience except for planning somethn to shock him to his core. Men dnt have monopoly to such wickedness and women shouldnt tolerate it. Simple. Apology my black a**s!

11. nwanyi na aga aga

January 29, 2016 at 10:54 am

hehehehehehehehehe! @ Dark, very tall and cute staying on the island…Lagos women, this pretend make believe boys on the island will be your undoing.. My friend ignore that boy. If he doesnt call you, dont call him, why are you wasting your credit? Hian!

12. RIFF RAFF

January 29, 2016 at 11:10 am

His NBA career just ended? That’s just the beginning of his troubles. Side chick will bury him with child support.
    I hope baby mama has a source of income and has saved for her kids. Most of these athletes/entertainers most of the time end up broke after 10 years; Business sense they no get. Na just to throway money on fast cars, clubbing, designer stuff and women plus plenty children up and down. If u think education is expensive, try ignorance.

13. ???

January 29, 2016 at 11:23 am

Hi Layo, mine is from the middle belt( not the confluence state but f***………

• Abi

January 29, 2016 at 5:09 pm

This onw is yoruba.

14. Tosin

January 29, 2016 at 11:49 am

Please important question. Why don’t people like using protection? I mean, it’s there for protection. Help.

15. Krasavitsa

January 29, 2016 at 1:01 pm

I didn’t find this nigga’s epistle cute or touching. All I read was just blah blah BS, blah blah blah more BS. Ever since I dumped my ex, once I see messages that touch like this, it just feels like the person is lying and tryna use God’s mercy to blackmail one into forgiving them (maybe something is wrong with me). Saying shit like #arealmanownsup. Nigga seriously???? I can’t, I just can’t.

16. Idomagirl

January 30, 2016 at 3:11 am

These people no dey fear diseases?

17. chizzy

January 30, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Honestly I feel like crying. Just feeling the lady, her pain the trauma what she is going tru now. Seriously we girls have to man up I won’t say girl up this time around. U have to be a man to face the men.