Scoop

Kerry Washington Addresses Nnamdi Asomugha Divorce Rumours

BellaNaija.com

Kerry Washington & Nnamdi Asomugha on BellaNaija - March 2014

Kerry Washington is known for keeping her private life private, and she isn’t about to stop doing that just because of some rumours.

The Scandal actress was at the 2016 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival held at the Austin Convention Center on Sunday (March 13) in Austin, Texas to talk about the New Rules of Social Stardom and while there she addressed rumors that she and her husband Nnamdi Asomugha are divorcing.

She said “I think — and this is something Reese Witherspoon has talked about a lot — it’s a little different for me because I don’t talk about my personal life. Social media has actually been great for [other celebrities’] relationships with the weeklies or the gossip sites because people say things and they say, ‘That’s not true! Just so you know, that’s BS!’ I say ‘BS’ because it’s Sunday. So I’m thinking in some ways, it’s been great because people are able to maintain their voice. If I don’t talk about my personal life, it means I don’t talk about my personal life. That means not only did I not tell you when I was getting married, it also means if somebody has rumors about what’s going on in my marriage, I don’t refute them, because I don’t talk about my personal life.”

1. HMMM

March 15, 2016 at 11:18 am

Kerry answered the question just like Genevieve Nnaji does. They keep you wondering if the rumours are true or not. I love celebrities who are very private. eg BRANGELINA, Genevieve, Queen Nwokoye, Kerry, etc. I always think most private celebrities are the really talented ones who let their work speak for them than trying to respond to rumours or create a controversy to b relevant

• yinkus

March 16, 2016 at 12:46 am

oh and Denzel! you never hear ANYTHING about him

2. Sisi

March 15, 2016 at 11:21 am

I call bullsh*t….. I feel like there is tension the few times ive seen them together. That’s me sha. Oh well, I wish them the best

• Wanderlust _Trekeffect

March 15, 2016 at 11:42 am

Keep feeling…..Philomena

• tobi

March 15, 2016 at 1:12 pm

you are a legend my friend ….. a legend !!! lool

• fabulicious

March 15, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Wanderlust oooo..hahahahaha…You responded well.Some people just love bad news.

• NIRA

March 15, 2016 at 3:50 pm

LMAO!!!!! No be only Philomena, “feeler” too!!!

• Sisi

March 16, 2016 at 2:40 am

Lmaooo I’m feeling ooo but as I said I wish them de best ooo
      Aunty Sisi below has a point sha
      Paparazzi pics are very very deceiving lol
      People like Green just dey kill de mood -_- it’s not that deep o

• aunty sisi

March 15, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Was this when you went to their house or when you guys had dinner together.

Seriously though, did you SEE them together or perhaps you saw a well timed photo of some paparazzi at a time when one or both of them are stone faced.

3. Ima

March 15, 2016 at 11:21 am

Classic response. In order words, keep talking whatever you wanna say but my life still goes on.

4. Green

March 15, 2016 at 11:26 am

It’s people like you she gave the middle finger to. Rather than focus on your own failings and shortcomings, you’re busy giving your amateurish opinion on the tension you perceive from your phone/TV screen.

5. Wanderlust _Trekeffect

March 15, 2016 at 11:41 am

Hahahaha this would put a lot of rumour hungry people in sulk mood???, next they will cook up something more ghastly just to frustrate you into responding………it ain’t none of their business so keep em guessing!

6. Oma

March 15, 2016 at 12:35 pm

I love Kerry, and i love her even more for keeping her personal life private.. I wish more stars would be like her, but then again would life (and blogs) not be boring without celebrity ‘tea pouring(s)?’

7. Nancy

March 15, 2016 at 1:43 pm

she is looking old. everyday makeup

• sigh!

March 15, 2016 at 4:33 pm

In case you didn’t realize, that’s an old picture, taken when she was heavily (7 or 8) months pregnant with her child.
      People sha!

8. Tee

March 15, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Kerry tell them o. Na them first marry o. Dey post all the gifts from hubby and birthday messages on twitter and then expect people not to put their ‘monitoring spirit/torch’ on their marriage (God bless that BN reader that coined that word, lol). As long as people continue to use social media as a medium and relief in life, take in or near the consequences that comes with it. I know they won’t listen as usual, e dey their bloodstream. Kerry abeg continue to keep your private life private o. Consistency in life is a true virtue. Don’t change for anybody or anything.