Renovation work has been completed in 4 hospitals across Oyo State following the recent announcement by the MTN Foundation (MTNF) and JNCI to renovate 24 maternal centres in six states across the country. MTNF and JNCI are ready to ship equipment into the newly renovated and painted maternity wards namely Adeoyo Maternity Hospital, Ibadan, State Hospital Oyo and Ring Road State Hospital, Ibadan.
The Maternal Ward Support initiative is aimed at complementing the national objective of reducing maternal and infant mortality in Nigeria.
See photos from the already renovated wards.
Each maternal ward would be equipped with:
• 20 hospital beds with cardiac rest
• 20 standard hospital mattresses
• 20 standard hospital bed pillows
• 10 four-way foldable ward screens
• 20 metal bedside cupboards
• 20 visitors’ chairs
• 10 drip stands
• 20 hydraulic over-bed tables
• 10 height adjustable baby cots
• 2 Carl Novel baby incubators