BN TV

Veteran Thespian Taiwo Ajai-Lycett is one of Kemi Adetiba’s “King Women” | Watch the New Teaser

Taiwo Ajai-Lycett

We really can’t wait for the full episodes of Kemi Adetiba’s “King Women”.

Teaser 4 is out and this one features veteran thespian Taiwo Ajai-Lycett.

In this trailer 75 year-old Taiwo Ajai-Lycett shares a heartwarming story about the love of her life, her late husband Tom Lycett. It’s been 21 years since his death, but she talks about him so passionately and adoringly, it almost feels like he just passed and the loss is fresh. This type of love is heart-warming, it’s heart-breaking… it’s aspirational.

Watch below.

1. D

March 7, 2016 at 5:37 pm

So moving….

• Jade

March 8, 2016 at 7:06 pm

This was too powerful and emotional. What a beautiful, strong woman. I need to learn more about Yoruba language, it expresses feelings so deeply in a unique way.

• Damiskp

March 8, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Wow! Taiwo ajai lycett is truly elegant and master in her work. The way she speaks of her husband brings tears to my eyes. That’s what you can true love.
      Kemi, I’m very proud of you. You are one talented, multidimensional woman. When she was doing the cooking series, most naijas criticized her. Then when she moved to another project, she also got backlash for not being focused on one thing. You can never please these folks. Continue to inspire us.

2. Dongagaleo

March 7, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Another beautiful actress. Her art is captivating and she is just that that we aspire to be.
    Heartwarming indeed!

3. Tee

March 7, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Awww……..bless his soul.

4. Kay

March 7, 2016 at 6:03 pm

My goodness.

5. Nikki

March 7, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Wow. such a powerful clip. She really is something

6. Fabulous B

March 7, 2016 at 7:20 pm

So touching! I miss Tinsel and this thespian. I Love her. Bless you, ma

7. mama dazel

March 7, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Oh Taiwo! Aggresively loyal.. I love her.. Bless his heart…RIP Tom..she doesn’t look a day over 60 ageless beauty

8. Deeza

March 7, 2016 at 9:44 pm

This had me in tears, how do women cope after the death of a spouse?? So so sad I can only imagine.

9. Iris

March 7, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Was she Ireti in Checkmate? *asks cautiously in case I am wrong and someone wants to slap me for it*

• Corolla

March 8, 2016 at 1:22 am

Lol…she wasnt Ireti aka catering practical o.

10. Tincan

March 7, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmn. Touched something.

11. Dupe

March 7, 2016 at 10:21 pm

You know this isn’t the first time I have seen her interviewed and asked about her husband and she said something that got.IN her words ” No one has ever been loved as much as I have been loved”………A woman of that age and after such a long time after his passing still has these fond memories of her husband…….I want to be able to genuinely say that of my husband wherever I get married

• ...just saying

March 8, 2016 at 5:00 am

And even better, also be that kind of wife to him. I’m sure she was

12. Abk

March 8, 2016 at 12:55 am

This brought tears to my eyes. And it just made me realize that no matter how long a loved one has been gone for; you still miss them, and feel the pain. May God continue to rest his soul and May God bless you Madam Taiwo.

13. Vidavi

March 8, 2016 at 11:26 am

Hers was a marriage truly ordained by God. The very definition of soul mate.

14. morning dew

March 8, 2016 at 11:50 am

Please who is the interviewer that couldn’t pass her a tissue to clean her tears ….u are watching her use her fingers to wipe her tears…. hiss