News

Fuel Scarcity: Lagosians Scoop Fuel from a Fallen Petrol Tanker – PHOTOS

A tanker carrying fuel was involved in an accident Thursday morning at Asese, along Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

Luckily, there was no explosion, but people not minding the dangers, brought out their jerrycans and started scooping the scarce commodity from the tanker.

Tanker 1 Tanker

1. tunmi

April 7, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I’m still terrified that an explosion can happen anytime with this fuel tanker

• nene+

April 7, 2016 at 8:26 pm

scooppers I fear for your safetyoooo.

Even if you guys roast Buhari will still go to China! If I where you I wouldn’t be close to that spot.

2. Nnomsie

April 7, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Desperate times. While I rejoice with friends relocating out of 9ja, I’m silently thinking maybe I should tap into that anointing because I might have a good job, handsome hubby but the future of ma beautiful kids? I look to you LORD

• ElessarisElendil

April 8, 2016 at 7:20 am

Have a little faith. Nigeria is the sum of us all; including you. If we all decided to work a little harder. obey the rules a bit more, we’d have no complaints.

Running to a country others have fixed; bit of of copout in my opinion.

3. PINKIE

April 7, 2016 at 4:26 pm

omg!!! this is too dangerous oo.. Lordy Lord. do people still do this? poverty? ignorance? death wish? smh

4. Drknite

April 7, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Where is the Environmental Protection Agency? I don’t see them in this pic.

5. Tosin

April 7, 2016 at 6:34 pm

if you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs…
    – Kipling

6. Pretty girl

April 7, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Some people they are not even scared at all

7. Xyz

April 7, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Please if you are planning to relocate to Nigeria, erase that thought from your head (at least for now). I returned to Nigeria for my internship and boy, am I seeing stars?!

8. The real dee

April 7, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Its like my village people are after me o! I read all this bad news about 9ja every day in the comfort of the America and I miss 9ja like crazy, I want to come home. How can I be this comfortable but still want to come back to 9ja despite all the tales of agony? Is somebody calling my head there ni?

• Grace

April 8, 2016 at 1:45 am

Yes somebody is definitely calling your head and na the people whose head they called worse pass for Niger o. If you go to Niger because your head was called, success will be very far from you o. Please go to church, I don’t want your story to come up on aunty Bella. Please stay prayerful and let God order your steps.

• Fei

April 8, 2016 at 6:36 pm

its not only you oo, am in europe and i terribly feel the same. i just came back last december with all the stress of mobility and heat, i still miss that place i dont know why.

9. Selfless

April 8, 2016 at 1:44 am

@ The real dee. Your village people are definitely after you. How would anyone want to head to Naija in these perilous times. Seat your cute bum in states If your bored head to North America & come visit me. LOL

10. 4real

April 8, 2016 at 6:29 pm

DEATH is smelling…multiple one. This is sad