Scoop

Gonna Be a MUST WATCH! Denrele vs. Ebuka on Episode 1 of “Lip Sync Battle Africa” on MTV Base Africa

Ebuka_LSBBellaNaija brought you the scoop on the first episode of Lip Sync Battle Africa” which aired on MTV in South Africa. Now, we have the juicy scoop on Episode 1 which will air on MTV Base Africa in Nigeria.

It is Ebuka vs. Denrele!

***
Flamboyant music TV personality Denrele Edun and TV heartthrob Ebuka Obi-Uchendu are set to do battle in the premiere episode of the hotly anticipated reality contest Lip Sync Battle Africa premiering at 6pm, Saturday 30 April on MTV Base (DStv channel 322).

The dynamic duo is set to clash in a sizzling on-screen confrontation in front of millions of TV viewers across Africa, as the massive global TV hit finally makes its debut in Nigeria. After lip syncing (or miming) to two songs of their choice, just one of them will lift the Lip Sync Battle trophy and earn the biggest bragging rights on the planet as the inaugural Lip Sync Battle champion.

The eagerly-awaited African version of the global TV hit, Lip Sync Battle Africa is hosted by South African actress and TV presenter Pearl Thusi alongside Nigerian superstar and “Koko Master” D’Banj.

Denrele, D'banj & Ebuka

Denrele, D’banj & Ebuka

Commenting on his appearance in the upcoming episode, Denrele remarked,

“I am going to have a lot of fun on Lip Sync Battle Africa. This is precisely the sort of thing I like to do ordinarily and I will feel right at home on that stage! My fans can expect to see Denrele at his crazy, quirky best and I think that will make the show very watchable. Too bad for Ebuka that he is coming up against me!”

Ebuka added,

“Lip Sync Battle Africa is a bit left field for me, but I look forward to having fun on the programme. I promise everyone a fantastic time and my fans will get to see a side of me that they have never seen before, and possibly a side of me that even I never knew existed. I’m really excited; it feels like a lot of fun already”.

Find out who wins the battle of the TV airwaves by tuning in to Lip Sync Battle Africa on MTV Base (DStv channel 322) at 6pm on Saturday 30 April.

Viewers can also be part of the #LSBChallenge by uploading their own personal lip sync of D’banj’s “Emergency”, Davido’s “The Sound” and Yemi Alade’s “Johnny” on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #LSBChallenge.

1. quiiiiin

April 19, 2016 at 11:42 pm

if a girl or woman with ebuka’s age wore such jeans people will call her indecent so what is ebuka now?decent abi

2. Rita

April 20, 2016 at 1:21 am

Denrele will definitely win this one hands down! His energy is soooooo second to none and if he doesn’t win this, then Na Ojoro matter.

3. snow

April 20, 2016 at 4:59 am

You just have to give it to Dbanj. Despite his dwindling musical career, he has still managed to stay relevant in the Entertainment industry.

4. BlueEyed

April 20, 2016 at 6:42 am

If it is lip sync battle “Africa” why are they separating it? Nigerians should watch Nigerian celebrities and South Africans should watch South African celebrities ?? Just remove the “Africa” from the title and call it based on the regions where it’ll air.

5. Christian Sister

April 20, 2016 at 9:02 am

@blueeyed like! I really don’t get this nonsense really. From the E Africa thing being clearly South African, to now this Lip Sync Battle African being clearly South African..they now created another section for Nigerians. Lol. Yes I get SA is much more developed and all, but if you’re gonna use South Africa predominantly, let it be that way all the way. Its even worse for other African countries, cause they hardly get acknowledged. Africa is made up of countries, not South Africa, and the rest.

• george

April 20, 2016 at 9:23 am

and the most hurtful part of it is dat Nigeria is the centre of entertainment. the E africa aspect really huert cuz the wrong image of who are the real celebrities is not shown .its more like a show to discover celebrities dan acknowledging those alraedy made .the fact remains dat 60 percent of nigerian made celebs are known in Africa but not up to 20 percent of those SA strs are known all over.it hurts even me watching from Cameroon.

6. Stone Cold

April 20, 2016 at 9:31 am

You know this!

7. Meah

April 20, 2016 at 11:35 am

But they already “premiered” this show na!!! I watched what was supposedly the first episode which featured SA’s Caper and Boity. or is there another “Africa”?? In any case, I think these syndicated networks need to start developing original content for their viewers in the respective countries/continents they are in, not copying whats done on their American networks.

8. chu-chu

April 20, 2016 at 11:39 am

The ist episode of this lip sync battle Africa was a huge disappointment for me. the host, the SA lady was so bland, for lack of a better word. I think D banj would have made a better host. I actually thought they were going to lip sync African songs. To my disappointment, they copied the Americans to the end. Don’t think i will be turning in again,I know nobody cares. hehhehehe

9. Tutu

April 22, 2016 at 12:27 am

Team Ebuka all the way! I know Denrele’a gonna be acting all weird but Ebuksy is gonna bring it home!