Music

Watch “Onyeuwaoma” – Nikki Laoye & Banky W’s Love Duet

BellaNaija.com

Onyeuwaoma-Pix-BTS-1Wahala Media Entertainment presents the video for the love duet, “Onyeuwaoma” by Nikki Laoye & Banky W.

Playing the roles of a bride and groom, the two singers light up the screen in the enchanting video, bringing to life the soul stirring emotions and passion of the hit song which is presently enjoying massive airplay on radio.

In Nikki’s words –

The video for Onyeuwaoma is a dedication to “True Love” – the undying love that transcends through the generations, the kind of love my parents shared – A love so strong, that it shone so brightly, even in that dark hour, as I watched my Dad hold on to my Mum as he breathed his last in her arms that fateful night.

And now it lives on in us – “their children”, we are the expression of their love and we will bring it forth once again in our own children …. A Never-Ending Love Story indeed!!

We all are simply an extension of love from God to our parents to the world.
#TrueLoveNeverDies…It lives on in the pages of a new chapter of life.

Much love to Banky W for helping me share this piece of my heart with the world today.

The video features a cameo appearance by Nikki’s Mum, Yetunde Laoye.

Directed by Frizzle & Bizzle Films, the captivating video was shot on location in Lagos, Nigeria at the Lekki Conservation Centre.

It will certainly melt your hearts.

1. whocares

April 14, 2016 at 10:37 am

My doublyyu please. You have no business being in a wedding video if it is not our wedding video on Bella naija wedding. That is all. loool.

2. Shade

April 14, 2016 at 11:10 am

my God! this is one of the best songs of the year! Nikki’s vocals are amazing and Banky W was his awesome self. I need this song for my wedding!!! Oh My GOD!!!! AWESOME>>>

3. Peju Olunloyo

April 14, 2016 at 11:31 am

World class video for a world class song from two world class singers. Great job.I love the end as well…almost got me in tears

4. omotunde

April 14, 2016 at 11:54 am

this song make sense die. very lovely video…soothing

5. praizeblog.com

April 14, 2016 at 12:09 pm

wow

6. somebori's booboo

April 14, 2016 at 12:42 pm

I am soooooo playing this song on my wedding day……awwwwwwwwwwwwww

7. @edDREAMZ

April 14, 2016 at 12:42 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Will be watching the video very soon though no doubt…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

8. Simz

April 14, 2016 at 1:25 pm

This song was so good that it didn’t need a video. The first time I heard it I was confused, like WOW

But the last part, where her mum brought out her own album in remembrance of her late husband, I just started crying ?? OMG that was so lovely

9. May

April 14, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Chai! Couple first dance song alert! Oluwa provide me my own personal Boo ???

10. Promyxx

April 14, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Luvvvvvvvv this song and the video is Ahmazzzizngg!! Btw Banky is a fine man but he’s too pretty biko , I feel a man should always ooze out the ”i-am-not-trying-too-hard-but-i-am-still-sexy” Vibe.

11. Sam Adeleke

April 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Lekki Conservation Centre. Great location!

12. Tracy

April 14, 2016 at 2:16 pm

this video is of epic proportions. my God if it doesn’t win awards left right and centre eh? wow! totally blown away!

13. Famzing today

April 14, 2016 at 2:33 pm

I remember Nike from Sagamu ,natural haired in her ethiope house wear, quiet born again sister . Who knew she would end up such a super star? in fact even banky w sef we used to hang out as kids with Uncle deen’s kids, even bimpe onakoya i am sure she attended sagamu too, not that any of them would remember ‘Famzing Today’….o ga people what i have learnt from this is that humans are ladders in our life’s sojourn . Always good to maintain a good relationship with anyone cause you never can tell how the mystery called life can go.

• Layo

April 14, 2016 at 2:54 pm

In Sagamu, Nike was a born-again sister for sure but QUIET ke? Heck NO!

• Xiomara

April 14, 2016 at 4:23 pm

I feel so proud to see sagamu alums here…repping Ogun house..one love.

• Californiabawlar

April 14, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Holaaaa Shaggy babes!???

The only thing personality trait I still possess from back then is the fact that I’m still annoying af. All the others don change from my drive, to my spirituality to my style…everything don change. Even physically I don change. My skin became so yellow when I left that school… turns out my infrequent rub and shines were not the best skin-care routine.

Anyways point is that people change….it is esperred.
      I hate that I can’t remember Nikki from Shagamu…my closest claim to fame is Annette Cooky (not spelling right?) from Project Fame and well…Edith from Eedris’s Mr. Lecturer video ????

14. Princess P

April 14, 2016 at 2:39 pm

So nice

15. Mark

April 14, 2016 at 2:42 pm

I done watch this video sotay my data done finish! kai dem finish work for this video. great job Frizzle n Bizzle

16. e-bukun

April 14, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Awww, how cute.
    Nikki’s gestures are straight out of her gospel music videos. -_-

17. Debby Dibs

April 14, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Its a great video…just one thing, no chemistry from Banky’s end…was not even meeting her gaze.

18. Xiomara

April 14, 2016 at 4:25 pm

I feel so proud to see sagamu alums here…repping Ogun house..one love.

19. Nneka

April 14, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Really lovely song. Good chemistry between Nike and Banky, made it more believable.

Grew up in the same neighborhood with Nike. She’s always been a cool chic and I’m happy for her successes.

20. swagg1

April 14, 2016 at 6:38 pm

CRAP!! WTH was that????

• Engoz

April 14, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Lol, why so harsh? I won’t call it crap, but I don’t like this type of music either. I had already speculated it would be this beat. But I guess people like it.

• osa

April 15, 2016 at 8:04 am

Swagg1 abeg chop knuckle. The song was any other song that sound like this. Nothing special. I’m sorry but that’s the way my opinio goes. No part . Abegi

• osa

April 15, 2016 at 8:05 am

Sounds like. . . . . Opinion

• Irede Odeniyi

April 15, 2016 at 3:39 pm

and how many songs are there like this? a lovely duet in the Nigerian industry today, with good clean clear vocals? where??? which song? it’s really amazing how people with no talent would bash people’s efforts without thinking twice! Na wa for you guys!

Anyways, music is subjective, and in my subjective opinion, this is one of the best ‘VOCAL’ performances on a song by Nigerian artistes!

21. Corolla

April 15, 2016 at 3:17 am

Banky looked so bored! And there was absolutely no chemistry between them. I am not feeling the song at all.

• Bee

April 15, 2016 at 10:36 am

Exactly! He really looked aloof. I was wondering if I was the only one who saw it.

22. Aninyei

April 15, 2016 at 3:46 pm

going through a few comments here, I wonder what people describe as chemistry? Is it until he is all over here, grabbing on her, before you know there is chemistry? Besides she is a married woman in real-life, if he had been grabbing on her, these same people shouting chemistry would say, i thought she was married, why are they grabbing each other?

As far as I am concerned, it’s a lovely innocent video that anyone can watch showing the pureness of love. I saw a playful couple having fun and singing to each other. If you have watched Banky’s videos, that is his default face….lol. The vocals on the song are perfect, and the production is dreamy and smooth. the only way you will complain about this song-musically is if you are tone-deaf or you have been spoilt by the ‘pangolo’ music that reigns supreme in the industry today.

this is matured music for matured minds and definitely not ‘crap’ like someone said.

23. meelikey