News

Husband of Deceased Domestic Violence Victim speaks out from Hiding | Says he did not Kill his Wife

Ronke Shonde and her husband 001

Lekan Shonde, the husband of late Ronke Shonde who is alleged to have died after being beaten by her husband, has spoken out from hiding.

According to Punch, they were able to contact Lekan via the phone of an in-law and the communication has been authenticated by the Police.

Speaking with the newspaper, Lekan denies killing his wife or even beating her on the night she died  he also denied locking his kids in the house.

Here’s what Lekan shared with Punch Metro:

Since I married my wife eight years ago, she has never bought anything into the house. I gave her N5,000 on Saturdays and N3,000 on Tuesdays for soup. I also gave her money to make her hair.

“She was working with GTB as a marketer, but she got sacked three years ago. For that period, I was the one feeding her and taking responsibility for everything in the family. I would wash her pants, bathe the children and buy foodstuffs in the house. She later got a job with a publishing company owned by her uncle.

“But my wife changed sometime in March, when she started dating the general manger of a publishing company. My wife was going to the office from Monday to Sunday and she wasn’t going to church again, all because of this man. She called him ‘Eyitemi’ (My own).

“Last week Friday, she went to Abuja and came back on Monday. She never told me that the lover was there with her. I learnt later that the lover was there and they slept together in the same room for four days.

“When she came back, she didn’t know I was inside the house. She started talking with the man on the phone that he really had fun with him and I didn’t know how to make love. She again said her private parts were paining her.”

It was around 9pm on Thursday. We had paid our nanny N20,000. Then we needed to pay our children’s teachers N30,000. I discovered she had taken N20,000 and when I asked her to return my money, she said she had spent it.

“I was angry because for the past three months, she didn’t allow me to have sex with her. I pushed her hand away from me on the staircase and I left her. She never tumbled or fell. In fact that night, I bought the food that we both ate because she said she didn’t want to cook.

“Jide, her family’s second child lived with me for three to four years. Their eldest daughter, Bolatito, has lived with me too.

“Although I am not a saint, I don’t drink, I don’t smoke. I am a responsible man. The problem with my wife was that she was temperamental. She shouted at me whenever she talked.

Family members of the late Ronke were also contacted by Punch Metro and while the family is still in mourning they emphasized that they have forgiven Lekan and pleaded with him not to commit suicide.

Read the full report here.

1. timmy Tim

May 9, 2016 at 6:45 am

Infact, I am speechless at the nonsense this man is spewing out of his mouth. #Abuserkiller. #saynotodomesticviolence!

• keke driver

May 9, 2016 at 9:20 am

I just wonder why He went into hiding….Guilty Conscience?

• Yeyeperry

May 9, 2016 at 10:21 am

I think he went into hiding because whether or not he killed her, the poor judicial and police system in Nigeria would condemn him for the crime

• 'Yeye' for real

May 9, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Yeyeperry, you must be kidding!! How many abusers have been jailed by our poor system?? If anything, they often go scot-free and end up victimizing others. Are you joking?? If he did not kill her, there was no reason for him to run; he should have stayed to defend his name and protect his vulnerable young children. Cowardly excuse for a man.

• Simply Blessed

May 9, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Absolutely rubbish statement. Totally unbelievable. He washed her pant!!!! And he is a Lagos boy. It’s just that she is not alive to defend herself so he can say all sorts about her in other to seek pity from the public. Women please be warned, dead body no dey talk, leave an abusive man while you are still alive.

• Blueberry

May 10, 2016 at 5:15 am

Goooood! The lie is sooooooo evident. You killef your wife and you know that. Nonesense! You can hide in Lagos, but you cannot hide from God.

2. Valentina

May 9, 2016 at 6:47 am

Stupid fu**king liar, because she’s not alive to tell her own side of the story abi? Your day is coming. Lagos boy my sexy black ass.

3. Californiabawlar

May 9, 2016 at 6:50 am

However outrageous, his story was somewhat believable until the “…I’m a lagos boy…” part.
    Oloriburuku gbaaa ni bobo yi! He’s even arrogant to top it all up…if the owners of the morning say it will better for him, the owners of the rest of the day never allow it to happen!
    You pushed her, you had dinner and then you met her on the ground in the morning? Sho jo ara won ni? How does that even add up?
    Even by his account that woman shouldn’t have died! She laid there bleeding ALL NIGHT! Jesus! May we never do business with such unfortunate fellows in Jesus name!

• FasholasLover

May 9, 2016 at 9:15 am

Story na yakitiyak. Ko believable rara.

You hv always battered this woman. Then, you heard her talking to a man on the phone about his prowess in bed and how she was sore all over. Then , you used your two left legs to go and buy food that both of you ate that same night. Haa, the bobo ti yawere.

Biko, come out of hiding. The family may say the have forgiven you. No whahala. Na you and Lagos state get case.

• Person

May 9, 2016 at 11:21 am

Oloriburuku ati eranko aye ati orun gbaa ni! Ti eniyan ba ji, to ba iru won pade, o ye ko pada losun straight up! Akosi bero gbaa leleyi. Yes, maybe she cheated, but murder is now an appropriate response for cheating?! O ga o! There is a noose with Lekan Shonde’s name at Kirikiri.

4. Sihj

May 9, 2016 at 6:51 am

That sucks. But there is no justification for hitting a woman!

5. Valentina

May 9, 2016 at 6:52 am

Bastard!!! The wrath of God shall befall you.

6. Angry naija woman

May 9, 2016 at 6:56 am

I knew it!!! Who killed her then?? Nigerian police are a sorry excuse of a police force!!! Talking to him from hiding how????? And his in laws are begging him not to commit suicide? I hope it’s because they want to kill him themselves!!!!
    Now he is accusing her of infidelity. Why didn’t he just divorce her or send her back to her parents if this was true. Shame that the dead can’t talk.
    Women please learn from this. There is no virtue for remaining in an abusive marriage, when he kills you he will lie and say he didn’t do it and try to tarnish your memory too.

7. Valentina

May 9, 2016 at 7:03 am

Couldn’t they trace his phone call through the phone he used?

8. Valentina

May 9, 2016 at 7:03 am

Murderer! !!

9. Kitty

May 9, 2016 at 7:06 am

Maybe this man was jealous and acted in a jealous way

• aser

May 9, 2016 at 8:05 am

please include [what i hope is] your stance – that it does not justify hitting a woman

10. JEGAism

May 9, 2016 at 7:07 am

Na wa oo! And the plot thickens!

11. Fyfi Salty

May 9, 2016 at 7:09 am

Half baked story coupled with lies??? – God help us all…

12. Paul Adeyemo

May 9, 2016 at 7:11 am

This is sad. You never trusted her for long especially while she was a bank marketer with GTB as I could gather from diffrent reports, why not take the walk Mr Lekan, the killer. Family sources from other reports said the major cause of their dispute was the women having extra marital affairs, a sensible man would have divorced her straight. The man was a cold blooded killer. Nothing justifies killing even if you caught her with another man on your matrimonial bed. If you have divorced her, you will be a free man, there are many fishes in the water. A sensible man must not hit a woman. Take the long walk. The issue of infidelity by the man cannot be substantiated because the women is dead. I pity those 2 children, innocent children.

13. Oluwadunsin

May 9, 2016 at 7:11 am

You can be in Lagos for 30 years and they won’t see you? You’ve already confirmed that you are guilty. All you have said above increases the suspicion that you beat her to death, you would have just insisted that you did not beat her to death but mentioning all the above means you were bitter with her which could have prompted the violence. The family has forgiven you? How typical, that’s why there’s hardly any justice in Nigeria.

14. Apples

May 9, 2016 at 7:11 am

This man is a bloody liar!!!!! God punish you stupid fool, I knew he’ll definitely slut shame her!!!! This man right here is a bloody criminal and should be locked up!!!!!!!!

Seriously I’m so pissed off I don’t even know what to say!

15. Folu

May 9, 2016 at 7:12 am

Only time will tell,if you can survive the next thirty days on the run,nothing can justify the killing,been a fugitive from the law you have proved the allegation beyond reasonable doubt that you are guilty as alleged,You must answer your warrant.

16. Ogochukwu

May 9, 2016 at 7:18 am

He might be saying the truth, he might not. His wife is no longer around to defend herself. Women should be careful and ready to workout of an abusive relationship!!! Now that she is dead, her husband will remarry and life continues!!!

• banana

May 9, 2016 at 8:51 am

remarry my foot when we clearly have a case of man slaughter/murder did u miss the case of arowolo? he will surely be jailed

17. King Bey

May 9, 2016 at 7:20 am

So because she cheated that is why u killed her? Una don see as e dey pain for body when men cheat on their women…I really don’t buy this story please take it to another marketer…I pray they catch you

18. Tracy

May 9, 2016 at 7:21 am

Mr Shonde you story sounds laughably implausible. For one thing you spent the bulk of the conversation slut-shaming your wife instead of offering a credible alternate theory of her death.

You have admitted to have a previous history of abuse, of having been “provoked”, and being present when her body was on the floor which you walked past.

And we are to believe that you did not kill her? Who did then? The only other people present where a 6 year old and 4 year old. You sir, are displaying classic signs of sociopathy: it was not your fault, she deserved whatever happened to her, the lack of compassion for the death of the mother of your children, the taunt that you won’t be found because you are a ‘Lagos boy’ and finally the vicious character assassination even in her death.

You are a sociopath and you killed her. And I hope you hang for it.

19. Chi

May 9, 2016 at 7:23 am

Arrest his ass!!!!

Nonsense and ingredients!! You wash her pant and give her money for soup? This man must think we are fools. Arrest his bloody ass. Kirikiri is waiting for you- you will NEVER escape this.

20. oyinda

May 9, 2016 at 7:24 am

This man has to b d biggest bastard ever liveth!!! Seeeeen so you killed her because she allegedly cheated on you but women according to 9ja culture are suppose to live with cheating husbands for the rest of their lives as its a permanent burden they are suppose to bear? Nigga you gotta be a bloody weakling to even mention you provided the needful as a man. You expect us to clap for you now for a job well done as she deserves the ultimate death for daring to do her official duties as your insecurities has no bound??? This man right here is the problem with Nigerian men who cannot stomach what they dish out and feel they are entitled to their wife’s life. Please the police has to do their job to catch this asswipe but I do not believe in imprisonment; they should cut out those fingers of his one after the other sealing it with a rod that has been kept in a burning furnace for a while so he doesn’t die but never remains the same again. That tongue of his used for spilling this bullshit should be cut out. Also, the wife’s face should be tattooed to his forehead so she would literally become a part of him as he would see in his reflection everytime.
    RIP Ronke, you were one of the unlucky ones that had to pay the ultimate price to validate your existence as a Nigerian woman.

• A.J

May 9, 2016 at 9:26 am

I love you……………..already imagining that punishment on him, very suitable I tell you!

21. Mama

May 9, 2016 at 7:24 am

Unfortunately she is gone and she can’t tell her side of the story. I read that he always accuses her of infidelity. Listen dear women, if your husband is in the habit of accusing you of unfounded allegations of cheating please run, it will never get better!I know what I am talking about, I have been there, I barely escaped with my life. Once trust is not there, your foundation is faulty.

22. blue

May 9, 2016 at 7:28 am

This fool just gave us the reason he killed his wife, he didn’t kill her n yet he ran away and still in hiding. u saw your wife on the floor in a pool of blood and thought she was pretending? God have mercy. See him telling us how much he gives his wife as if that justifies killing her, men buys cars n takes their wives on vacations abroad, you are here bragging about 3k u gave your wife for food for the family including yourself. This man should be hanged, why won’t he say rubbish is she here to defend herself? And her family is begging him not to commit suicide, rubbish

23. Abegie

May 9, 2016 at 7:34 am

…and u wash her pants. Hmmmm. U saw by d staircase. I thought d broke d door n found her dead in d house. Ooh duplex abi? If ur story of infidelity is tru, den dts motive enuf. See? U jus shot ur balls wt ur own hand.

24. Spicy

May 9, 2016 at 7:34 am

Story story story..Once upon a time, time time. …Liar! Of course u will heap all these accusations on a person no longer here to defend herself

25. mama obioma

May 9, 2016 at 7:35 am

Murderer!!!! Nigerian police over to you. I’m sooo mad!

• Rose Okwy

May 9, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Nigerian police are wife beaters too, so they ain’t gonna do shyt!!!

26. Ify

May 9, 2016 at 7:36 am

“I pushed her hand away from me on the staircase and I left her. She never tumbled or fell. In fact that night, I bought the food that we both ate because she said she didn’t want to cook.

Dude, you are in for it! You see your life? It’s so over. Why are you running if you didn’t do anything? Why didn’t you scream for help when you saw her?

If she was cheating on you, why didn’t you file for divorce and just leave? See eh…all these cock and bull story aint adding up. Kee nkwucha maka it won’t end well for you…just negodu this man. kai!

27. le coco

May 9, 2016 at 7:37 am

so you even admitted to hitting her.. mtchew.. so what if she was cheating.. why didnt you divorce her.. why didnt you send her packing.. why beat her.. I see teebillz has taught all you weak men to play the suicide card when in trouble… If YOU LIKE kill yourself you hear? mtchew Madness

28. Me

May 9, 2016 at 7:38 am

That relative should be arrested for aiding and abetting a suspected murderer.

• le coco

May 9, 2016 at 8:52 am

in a normal country.. he would hv

29. bruno

May 9, 2016 at 7:41 am

chai.

30. Smith

May 9, 2016 at 7:42 am

I believe him

• word

May 9, 2016 at 8:21 am

O daft baje.

• ethy

May 9, 2016 at 8:34 am

Believe him on what?.You are not different from him I see. He is a Murderer and will suffer for it. For making those children Motherless.

31. Babs

May 9, 2016 at 7:42 am

Then why is he hiding?

32. WANAWANA

May 9, 2016 at 7:44 am

Ronke’s husband should mention the name of his wife lovers, let the public know, since she is not here to defend herself.

33. precious chukwu

May 9, 2016 at 7:45 am

this is strange you saw her on the floor with blood and felt she was pretending?? wow

• Lord deliver us from delivish men

May 9, 2016 at 9:17 am

it is a normal male reaction, he propably thought she was pretending and will get up later.

34. Oj

May 9, 2016 at 7:46 am

Waiting for the comments, ghen ghen

35. Oj

May 9, 2016 at 7:48 am

While am waiting, u are a big fool, u take care of ur wife and u had the guts to tell the world how much u gave her for soup, bros its ur damn responsibility, u r a low life, cheapskate muderer! Idiot, u will die the same way

36. ADEBISI Omo Oba

May 9, 2016 at 7:51 am

This man is just a blatant liar, the woman is dead now and can’t defend her self. So lies are allowed. Lagos boy indeed

37. BET

May 9, 2016 at 7:55 am

Over to you, God… You know the truth, let there be justice.

38. December Wind

May 9, 2016 at 7:59 am

Oh my days ! What have just read ? This is very disturbing … Please we must find this man ! We need to find him ! I don’t understand the police involvement here – authenticate communication and what again ? Please we can not let this slide … #FindLekonShode #wifebeater #lier #murderer

39. word

May 9, 2016 at 8:10 am

Heaven and hell will deal with this man cos I knew Ronke and Bolatito well o. What crap is he saying?! We knew about his insecurities. He should just commit suicide cos that’ll be the easiest way out for him. Once he shows up, he’s going down cos there’s overwhelming evidence of his beatings

40. Hakeem

May 9, 2016 at 8:14 am

@ogochukwu,He as ruined his life,he can’t remarry because he will eventually be caught and the least He will get is death by hanging,He can say what ever he likes while still on the run,but the day of reckoning is coming.He’s obviously bipolar if indeed He granted that interview and boasted that as a Lagos boy,it will be impossible to catch him.

41. BET

May 9, 2016 at 8:15 am

The bible has said it “Anger resteth in the bosom of fools”…I’m scared to judge because I wasn’t there when it happened. These times are hard. To all unmarried ones (I’m one), mehn, marriage really is not for “kids”, no be by degree, you must have full understanding
    You don’t prepare on a battlefield, you plan ahead of the battle, if not, you might end up dying on the battlefield
    You don’t go into a marriage without seeking God’s consent and then, tell him to take control because “once, the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do”= PRAY (but you sef go see small)
    It’s better to be unmarried than married to the wrong person.
    The Devil means serious business in destroying homes and people, when the Devil really wants to destroy you, he plans it well and makes use of one’s shortcoming…

The Devil really is an author of confusion, but God sees what we do not see… May He judge this situation.

May the dead rest in peace

I’m not on anybody’s side, I hope you understand.

42. Nancy

May 9, 2016 at 8:17 am

But what kind of story is this? Onye Ara. You push her, she didn’t fall, then you came back to see her lifeless. Why were you not found any where near her? Why didn’t you cry for help?
    You already implicated yourself by saying, you were with her in the same her, prior to murder. So what’s your alibi.

This makes no sense.

43. Bubu

May 9, 2016 at 8:20 am

In fact eh! No words at all. Can u imagine this, no form of remorse, see how he is even talking. Hian na wa o. What is this life turning too sef! In fact for this alone this man must be found. All hands must be on deck to get him.

44. Paul Adeyemo

May 9, 2016 at 8:21 am

Marriage is completely overrated. Maybe contract marriarage renewable every 2 years will help our generation. With a 2 year contract, nobody is under pressure, even if the wife dey fuck diffrent men. You just bid your time for the 2 years to be over. The line between deep love and deep hate is very tiny, a man can profess genuine love to you and later hate you with passion i.e passion to kill. Lekan is a murderer no doubt about it but the fact is the late wife at a point was unfaithful (trust issues). 85% of female bank marketers cheat married and unmarried
    Since infidelity is now a competition between married men & women, can we adopt this contract marriage. It will save lives. All the man shouting here, 60% of Naija men can’t condone their wife’s infidelity.

• Silly Paul

May 9, 2016 at 10:19 am

Please confirm the source of these ridiculous ‘statistics’. Unless you saw her cheating, you have no right to say she cheated. And even if she did, are you saying that makes it justified for her husband to murder her?! And FYI, marriage is already a contract that can be terminated at any time by either party – it’s called divorce! Nothing stops anyone from ending their marriage if they wish to do so. So what’s the point of this 2-year nonsense you’re spewing??

• I don't agree

May 9, 2016 at 10:01 pm

@Paul Adeyemo…..I wanted to like your comment until you concluded the lady cheated.That’s an unfair conclusion.The fact is that a lot of men have trust issues especially if they are married to women that always look good.I am an example.I love to look good so I ‘package’ myself very well every time.I have never cheated on my husband(who is a chronic womanizer) before, not because i love him but because i fear God,but huzzy has trust issues cos he believes I do what he does.He is bothered even as little as when I touch my phone.So will you conclude that I am unfaithful???
      I also disagree with your conclusion that 85% of bankers sleep around.I have over 10years banking experience,but I have never dated any of my customers before or even dated any of my coleagues.Any banker that sleeps around would do so even if she wasn’t a banker,

45. Liar!!

May 9, 2016 at 8:26 am

– liar!!! I saw the – body! You fool. She was on the left side of the living room. yet you hit her on the staircase. Why was your picture on the sofa??
    You were married before. Why did Sola leave you?? With her kids? was it not because you were beating her?
    You have always been paranoid. Insecure fool. why did you leave while it was dark? why did you lock Temi and Tiara in the room ? Why was her face red? why were her eyes swollen. Why did you run? do people run when they haven’t killed anyone? why are you hiding? Idiot!!!!!!! You ran away!! Why did you tell the Nanny not to resume till 6.30am instead of the 5.30am that she resumes.You didnt hit her but you told the nanny that you only slapped her. dont worry. you will have your day in cut and then you will rot in Jail.

Ah!! God will not forgive you.

46. ethy

May 9, 2016 at 8:26 am

Liar! Heart less Lekan Oshonde You killed her, and make her children Motherless.
    You will surely suffer.

47. Destiny

May 9, 2016 at 8:28 am

I cannot believe people are genuinely asking why he’s on the run, if he didn’t kill her. I know I would definitely be on the run. That’s where the Nigerian police force have gotten people to, because they are bad at their jobs. Most of them don’t know the laws of the country. This man did have a motive and he didn’t mention that he had never hit her and I doubt the Nigerian police can prove without the benefit of a doubt that he did commit this crime. My aunty slipped, fell, hit her head on the marble floors and died. Yes, it happens. Until an autopsy is carried out we don’t know anything. Oh btw, I do 80% believe he did it due to the motive i believe he had, but the 20% is enough for me to run from the nigerian police.

48. D

May 9, 2016 at 8:32 am

“I didn’t know anything had happened to her until Friday when I saw her on the staircase. I thought she was still pretending. I just left her and walked away.” Really!! the mother of you children laid there and you thought she was doing what? dabbing?? Man! I feel like slapping your guilty brain to factory settings am so pissed right now aaaarrrgghhhhhh.

Stop giving the same lame excuses anymore you killed her. this right here is domestic violence gone wrong so man up and face the music .you all should stop with that old and stupid excuse of she was cheating,a weak ass like you gave the same reason for his failed marriage just last week . Kai when will you all grow up and assume responsibility.

49. Emmanuel

May 9, 2016 at 8:37 am

His story maybe true (the part that she cheated) but I think he exaggerated.

He said he doesn’t smoke and drink. He clearly refused to talk about his own infidelity because he’s probably as guilty.

I don’t understand how cheating men (mostly) can’t handle their wife’s cheating.

Victims of infidelity need to understand that you need to walk away, you can leave the marriage. Don’t empower the situation to ruin your life any further.

I believe the lawyer who killed her husband in Ibadan did so because of (his alleged) infidelity too.

Murder is a billion times worse than infidelity. Let the guy face the full wrath of the law.

50. NationalSquirrel

May 9, 2016 at 8:42 am

She could have cheated, he clearly beat her to death out of anger. How can you see someone on the floor the. Next morning and still think they were pretending then Go into hiding.

51. fashy me

May 9, 2016 at 8:52 am

I should hve murdered my ex husband like ….how many time for cheating!!

52. Steven

May 9, 2016 at 9:11 am

This man should be ashamed of himself! I mean Nigerians really need lawyers in their lives.. 1) you had every motive to kill her after you allegedly found out she was cheating on you
    2) you went into hiding and locked up everywhere

3) your story is incoherent in the sense that it doesn’t add up and it’s full of shit

Fam you better hide well because I feel as soon as they get you! They beat you up and take up firing squad! Useless man! May God visit you with the appopriqte punishment! Bastard

53. Ephi

May 9, 2016 at 9:17 am

What I am finding hard to understand is why the in-laws seem to be supporting this guy. Don’t they love their daughter? Wouldn’t they like justice to be done?

54. Ginger

May 9, 2016 at 9:24 am

Why is it so easy for people to believe that she cheated? Then ‘let’s not take sides’, even after police reports claim she had ‘marks of violence’ on her. Soon people will say it was marks from her children holding her too tight. It’s so sad, women staying because of ‘what will people say’, He kills you, calls you a cheat, now ‘let’s not take sides’ and ”she probably cheated’ is what people will say.

55. Tayo

May 9, 2016 at 9:24 am

Oloriburuku ni bobo yi şa!!

56. Ginger

May 9, 2016 at 9:26 am

This same cheating someone claims to beat a woman out of anger for, is what women are supposed to tolerate and understand.

57. vivian oronne

May 9, 2016 at 9:32 am

GOD will punish you,God will surely punish you, she didn’t fall or tumbled but was found dead?how ,how ?how? you killed a woman,someone’s daughter, your wife, mother of your children, someone you have stayed with under same room for over five years,what will you tell those children? how can you explain to them that you saw their mother lying down on the stairs but ignored her because you felt she was pretending, why was she pretending if you didnt push her and she didnt fall but she decided to sleep on the stairs, you can hide for 100years but one day you will come out and explain to those innocent children.

58. Ada Nnewi

May 9, 2016 at 9:36 am

This man is as guilty as sin and he will not go unpunished…Afflictions, pain and sorrow will be his daily companions, morning, noon and night for the rest of his life… The sun will smite him during the day and the moon will rain down afflictions on him at night… You have killed the mother of your children…Well done oh!!! God’s punishment will rest upon you because you are unrepentant… I don’t understand some men killing their wives especially for infidelity when they the men even start cheating from the wedding day as if both man and wife don’t take vows of fidelity before God…

59. cynthia

May 9, 2016 at 9:42 am

For someone who was assumed beaten to death, how come there are no visible marks or injury on her body, or didn’t anyone notice it? She probably fell down the stair case like the man said.

• Anonymous

May 9, 2016 at 10:38 am

olodo she did have marks on her body. Next time read

60. concerned9a

May 9, 2016 at 9:42 am

Murderer never heard so much compelling guilt..
    Who does that?. ..thought she was still pretending and walk away..and of course still remembered to take her phones.
    TBizz said same about Tiwa..weak men when found out..try to justify their insane actions through slut shaming..only in a misogynistic society…
    Gosh..dude is guilty as sin…Another Arolowo..
    We go see now Lagos Bobo..

61. foxy77

May 9, 2016 at 9:47 am

I am sick to my stomach. The usual attempt to slut shame a woman in a poor defence.

62. cleo

May 9, 2016 at 9:47 am

What is this? He did not respond to the allegation or make remarks to her death.
    Sounds like an unrepentant man. Your wife died and all you can do is say her wrongs to you? No grieve, shock or sorrow for the loss your wife. I am perplexed. He should be arrested. He has a hand in her death.

63. Josephine

May 9, 2016 at 9:58 am

His lack of remorse is scary. This man will kill again if allowed to go free.

64. bunmi1

May 9, 2016 at 10:01 am

‘I gave her N5,000 on Saturdays and N3,000 on Tuesdays for soup. I also gave her money to make her hair’ really? o ma je bi ke? are those not your responsibilities as her husband? how much is N8000/week? SHAME on you!!!

When you discovered infidelity, why didnt you walk out of this relationship? Marriage is not by force now….

You claimed you left her on the stairway, how did her corpse get to the living room? You had the gut to leave the children she had for you with her lifeless body in the living room…. ha! you are heartless! we are not fools!

“I am a Lagos boy and I can be in this Lagos for the next 30 years and nobody would see me.” Well done o if nobody sees you God will fish you out.. Egberun saamu e o le sa mo olorun lowo… agbaya apaniyan!!!

65. Ariyike

May 9, 2016 at 10:31 am

Story for gods….I hope human rights would fight for her cause,you are a beast dude

66. Ariyike

May 9, 2016 at 10:33 am

Biko go tell that story to the gods…you are a beast,I just hope human rights would fight for her cause*sadface*

67. Prince

May 9, 2016 at 11:06 am

The dude is hiding because of the poor judicial system we have in Nigeria but then, I still think the guy isn’t saying the truth.

The police should start with the lady’s phone, at least she didn’t know she was going to die so she would still have some messages inside it and then check the last calls.

68. May

May 9, 2016 at 11:19 am

You are Such an animal covered in human skin. I pity those little kids. Goodness as surely departed from your wicked soul.

69. kemi

May 9, 2016 at 11:23 am

It should not be hard for Lekan to lie. Obviously the strength needed to lie is less than what he used to kill.
    He’s accusing her of infedility now that she has been silenced forever
    Ronke actually saw the hand writing on the wall but was too indicisive to run for her dear life…even when Lekan snapped a love letter fabricated by him against Ronke to friends.
    The law of the land will take it’s course on you soon Lekan, very soon

70. Mimi

May 9, 2016 at 11:25 am

This sounds like lies through and through. Apparently there were neighbour reports that the guy always (not something recent) beat her upto the point the neighbours heard, if he didn’t kill her, he is still guilty of domestic abuse, but the guy did, with all the reports of injury on her from the autopsy… You just thought she was just chilling there?

Someone commented on nairaland yesterday/day before that she was their church member, proud of her kids that whenever she came to church the wife and husband sat at different places, i didn’t think too much about the story, what a coincidence with this story, “she stopped going to church”.

Because the dead cannot speak, he is smearing her name in mud? because some Nigerians have been known to justify a man beating his wife for not doing housework or cheating, he’s trying to paint himself as the one who took up “wifely duties” when his “evil” wife abandoned it?

Justice will be serviced. Karma.

71. keeks

May 9, 2016 at 11:33 am

This is the reason why i run from yoruba men, broke ass, 3,000 naira for soup, and 5000naira and you are opening your filthy latrine mouth! she’s cheating, divorce her!!! you stopped beating her 2, abi 3 years ago? could that b very reason y she started cheating, all d beatings she got sent her into the arm of comfort of other men? she found a REALLLL MAN who does all the things you dont! and the bladdy wanker got the guts to say her family forgave him? and someone is harbouring him? really? where is our humanity! a pity her brother too is late, so no1 can fight for her! any1 who sights him in lagos should first of all grab him, torture him for 3 days before handing him over to the police (its your civic duty). you locked your children inside with their dead mother??? GOD! the trauma! and the barbaric family have forgiven him????

• Face the topic

May 9, 2016 at 11:45 am

Please don’t bring your tribalistic ignorant ass here. Did we not read about Nkiruka’s experience yesterday? Does this not happen across the country?. Face the topic and stop bringing your bias into issues.

• haha

May 9, 2016 at 11:51 am

facethetopic Nkiru’s husband is not Igbo….Sorry to burst your bubble

• Hobbeishi

May 9, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Why do Yorubas like to assume that every anti Yoruba comment is made by Igbos? The commenter could even be Yoruba for all you know….chill. Learn from Igbos and Hausas who don’t take all this tribal banter to heart when they are bashed here…

72. Adaeze Writes

May 9, 2016 at 11:52 am

Are you high? So you saw your wife on the staircase and you thought she was pretending and walked away? Are you seriously kidding me? Speak the truth and shame the devil. Infact we don’t need your fabricated truths, we all know the truth and the truth is, ‘you killed your wife’. Nothing will ever exonerate you from the crime even if you sweet-coat your tongue with words or escape prison. Her death will forever hang over your head.
    I don’t get this at all. You saw her on the staircase and walked away? Aren’t men supposed to love and take care of their wives? Why are you the husband then? Infact I am done writing this….I’m so pissed.
    Finally, you are a Lagos boy but God will locate you…anyway, you’re in His UNIVERSE!
    For thrilling stories, visit adaezewrites.com

73. semesee

May 9, 2016 at 12:01 pm

if ALL Nigerian women decide to kill their cheating husbands, Abegi, how many men would we have left in our country?

74. anoynmous

May 9, 2016 at 12:04 pm

it is a shame that he has the guts to be talking from his hiding place. I don’t blame him as the dead cannot defend herself. I quote “I am a Lagos boy and I can be in this Lagos for the next 30 years and nobody would see me.” Yea he is right as our society condones such crimes that even hired assassins goes scot free without judgement but I tell you as a mother he will never know or see peace as long as live. His mother will weep over him ASAP.

75. I.K.

May 9, 2016 at 12:04 pm

If you didn’t kill her, then why are you in hiding? A simple question deserves a simple answer. What baffles me is why hasn’t anybody asked him that question yet.

76. GeeGee

May 9, 2016 at 12:16 pm

if you are so innocent why are you hiding? Lagos boy my left foot. Easy to chat rubbish because she cannot defend herself. You walked away? like really? walked away when he saw her still lying on the floor? and saying he thought she was pretending.. Oga you must really think that people are fools.

77. anonymous

May 9, 2016 at 12:23 pm

Lekan may God punish you 1 million times. .u are just a pathetic liar that will rot in hell….you didn’t pity ur Lil children…..who is goin take care of them like their mom……o ni ku re……all the whole abiyamo in the world has cursed you. O ni bo ninu e…….you will run till you nemesis catch up on……lagos boy sneh………ofo lo ma seku

78. Akweley

May 9, 2016 at 12:45 pm

Lonke , you are a Murderer, an Animal! Ronke, You suffered. My sister, may your soul find everlasting peace. Those poor children. Their life turned upside down because of a monster who did not, could not control his actions. Why is this obviously deranged animal allowed to marry, procreate and destroy the family unit he was supposed to protect?

My sisters, we need to ask more of our men and hold them to a higher standard of behaviour.
    As African women, we are raised to have the utmost respect for our men but how are they being taught to treat us?

It begins at home, with our sons and our brothers.

If our brother or son murders his wife/partner/daughter, we share the blame.

If our daughters/ sisters are murdered by their husband/brother, we should be asking his family questions and vice versa.

The family is the fundamental unit of society. We are responsible for each other.

79. Debbie

May 9, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Where is Ambode in all this? Trust in the days of Fashola, this sorry ass woulda been arrested. Lagos boy abi? E bi e ko

80. Marie

May 9, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Hello Mr lekan Shonde or whatever they call you. You’re a bloody liar and you’re inconsistent with your oral evidence: saying that you didn’t know something was wrong with your wife whilst you’re still in the house with her. And again you both ate together at that night . In my opinion, I will suggest that you killed your wife just because of your jelousy and she refused you having a sex with her. You will be arrested and rust in jail soon.

81. Marie

May 9, 2016 at 1:19 pm

You shall die before the end of this month unless if you’re not the killer of your wife. Write it down today.

82. Pretty girl

May 9, 2016 at 1:22 pm

What is wrong with this woman family ur son in law killed ur daughter and u are forgiving him Maka why na. Or is it because u knw u daughter cheated on her husband even if self is that why he should kill her pls don’t forgive him if u have to pay the police and the judge that will judge the case pls do so this thing will go to jail to pay for ur daughter death.

83. Samantha

May 9, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Hey hey guys, lets not judge and fear God in this matter. On hearing this story over the weekend, there is no curse I didnt send to this man. On reading this article I hissed throughout saying “He must be a bastard” until the part it said, his inlaws have forgiven him and beg him not to commit suicide. Let us put some common sense into this, if your family felt your husband was responsible for your murder is that what they will be saying? Wont someone have come out to express their feeling about him? My family would even put reward for his capture on his head. Due to the reaction of the inlaws, I dont believe this man did it. I feel we Nigerians should stop jumping at every opportunity to have someones head on a stick. The family of the deceased don forgive am, that changes a whole lot. Although his account is still suspicious to me and if our Nigerian Police were a useful bunch, they would get to the bottom of this.

84. Tobereal

May 9, 2016 at 2:22 pm

You know what happens when you argue with clowns …please ignore the tribalists they soon buzz off under the proverbial rock…..surprised they haven’t blamed Buhari for this..RIP Ronke..

85. Day of reckoning

May 9, 2016 at 2:44 pm

According to your statement, you said your wife came back from Abuja on Monday and you heard her talking to her “supposed lover” on the phone, for a man that admits to beating his wife in the past, how come you didn’t do anything to her on Monday night? According to you, what caused the disagreement was money and this was Thursday night, 3 days after you heard her talking to her lover. Mr Lekan, you even offered to go and buy food on Thursday night for yourself and your wife, let us remember that this is a woman her husband claimed to have overheard her talking to her lover, which abusive Nigerian man will go out in the night to buy food for his wife, three days after hearing her supposed sexcapade with another man. I put it to you that you never heard your wife talking to any man because you would have killed her that Monday night because you have been physically abusive to her. You killed your wife because of N20,000.
    Secondly you claim you pushed your wife’s hand away from the staircase, so she should have landed at the foot of the stairs, I have never been to ur house but I saw the pictures on the Internet, your wife’s lifeless body was not at the foot of the stairs, it was in the living room. This is another lie, people at the scene said she had marks on her body, pls how did those marks come?
    How can a man kill his wife and have no remorse, may God judge you. I am not a lawyer Mr Lekan but I see right through your cock and bull story. Your day of reckoning is around the corner.

86. Killer

May 9, 2016 at 2:48 pm

This man is a monster!!! He’s talking now because she’s dead and can’t defend herself! You pushed her hand, and came back almost a day later seeing her in the same position and walked by her because you thought she was playing?!! After a day she’s still playing?!! Then when you realized she wasn’t, you didn’t take her to the hospital or anything? I could kill you right now!!! I’m so pissed I’m willing to put a bounty on your head!! You will be found! Mark my words!!!!!

87. Lady G

May 9, 2016 at 2:53 pm

OMG REAALLYYYY!!!!!???? Can’t you see he is lying?!!!!! Reason this thing noooooow. HABA! It’s only been about 72hrs since this happened. What kind of family would believe him in just 72 hours??? Their daughter is dead and her husband is on the run! Even if he is innocent there is no way they would have let it go in just 72hrs! They will still be demanding for answers and hard evidence before forgiving anyone. Can’t you see this is all a story?? Don’t believe this guy! He is making this shit up!!!!!

88. Fossil

May 9, 2016 at 2:57 pm

This our nigeria system tire me self, since this case has been on, autopsy report never come out. Iranu , so annoying . Investigation never commence ? Why are they allowing all sort of news to be flying around , so if the man no come out of his hiding nothing ll be done to even investigate the real cause of death.? Na aw ooo

89. Amaka

May 9, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Show of hands,? how many people expected him to show up and admit to killing his dead wife who can’t speak up and defend herself ?

Nobody? Okay, me too ?

90. Dami

May 9, 2016 at 4:46 pm

You thought she was “still pretending”? That means that she was on the floor after you supposedly just “pushed her hand away” and you left her there thinking she was pretending. You came back saw her on the floor and thought she was “still pretending” and did nothing to help her. How can you do such to a woman whose pants you were supposedly washing. Stupid liar

91. MysticD

May 9, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Before calling someone a murderer or abuser, ask for forensic investigation, autopsy etc. If our country cannot guarantee these………………………shut the f up!!!

• Anon

May 9, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Honey please there is NOTING mystic about this. We don they solve murder case na before we begin watch CSI. You don’t need a calculator to know 1 and 1 makes 2. We don’t need a DNA, kit or any of them high techie stuff to know this nigger killed his wife. THE story don’t add up. He is guilty as [email protected]&k.

• kim

May 9, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Lekan is this u? Shut up n stop hiding. Murderer!

92. Ope

May 9, 2016 at 7:13 pm

U

93. Ope

May 9, 2016 at 7:14 pm

U don’t know why? Cos they need him to co he is the only lagos boy in Nigeria. He just made his children ophans

94. Ope

May 9, 2016 at 7:16 pm

don’t know why? Cos they need him to come out first. And then kill him. is he the only lagos boy in Nigeria. He just made his children ophans

95. Sisi

May 9, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Oro k’oro. Kmt God deliver us from such people and be with the children. RIP Ronke

96. Angry emorionally abused wife

May 10, 2016 at 6:56 am

He will remarry. Africa condones a lot from men. One gal that is under pressure to marry will get hitched to him
    Horrible society.
    I’ve seen it happen

97. betty

May 10, 2016 at 7:20 am

I don’t understand o, if murdering your spouse is the solution to infidelity then permit me to say about 80% of men would have been murdered. The story doesn’t add up; she came bk frm abj on Monday and died on thursday?( I stand to b corrected pls) if truly u heard that phone call on Monday, u wud have beaten her to pulp that day, y delay till thursday. Hmmmmm. I don’t want to judge but the truth has been spoken frm your story; I guess you pushed her frm staircase she fell, hit her head and instead of u to rush her to hospital, you got scared, dragged her to living room thinking you cud resurcitate her, but she died, fear gripped you, you ran away……. just my thoughts aloud tho…..