Music

Janet Jackson’s Ex-Husband is Claiming they have a Secret Daughter in New Tell-All Interview

janet-jackson-secert-daughter-pp

Following Janet Jackson’s announcement that she and husband Wissam Al Mana are having their first child, her ex-husband James DeBarge has come forward to state that Janet Jackson had a secret daughter in her late teens when they were married and that she kept the pregnancy a secret from him and the world.

In an exclusive interview with RadarOnline, James DeBarge claims the daughter has been in contact with him via emails and that she is willing to do a paternity test.

In his interview he talks about how the child reached out to him, why Janet Jackson probably kept her a secret and more.

See excerpts below.

On how she reached out to him: Someone had contacted me. She spoke to me by email. The first time was two years ago. I have not been able to directly see her face-to-face…She was angry because another child was trying to come forward and say that she was our child. So she did out of anger.

On why she reached out to him: She described as much as she could tell me because she was very fearful at the time. She was very angry about people running with this story about this [other child] being my baby. She got very angry. She’s like, ‘Papa I want to help you out.’ She had so much of personality and she was so accurate with everything she was saying, it was only things that I and Janet know. No one else but god, me and Janet. She called me ‘papa’. She didn’t want to get her mom in trouble. She wanted to do it quietly. She didn’t even want Janet to know.

On how she found out about her real parents: One of her adoptive parents died. Her adoptive mother and on her death bed said she told her. She confirmed it on the deathbed.

On if he had known about the adoption: I hadn’t known [that Janet had a baby]… not for sure. I went on a search. Someone went through some serious changes to make it impossible for me to find. This had to be some serious inside work being done with the paperwork. Someone was working with them.

On how he felt when he found out: I was hurt and I didn’t know why I was hurt. I think I was hurt because I had mixed emotions. I felt kind of left out and I felt like it was unfair. At first, I felt like this was the worst thing in the world that happened to me. I was so depressed by it at first. It would have to be hidden from me if she wasn’t a part of my life all the time and I didn’t know anything about her. There’s no way it could not have been hidden. I didn’t know. Had I known, I would never have kept it a [secret]. I would have been very proud of her.

Read the full interview here.

Photo Credit: RadarOnline

1. Laura

May 10, 2016 at 10:16 am

Yep. Already knew this was going to happen……I knew that her ex would speak out about something. …didn’t know it would be a child….hmmmm

• ATL's finest

May 10, 2016 at 1:47 pm

@ Laura of course don’t they all do? But funny enough I heard about it years ago when she was with Jermaine Dupri. I heard Jay z got a secret son as well & same as J-LO. I’m just wondering why they will hide such if it’s true.

2. Ann

May 10, 2016 at 10:33 am

Yup, this is just bad belle. Someone contacted you two years ago but you never made the move to see your so called child that you’re so hurt about in 2 years but once she announced her pregnancy you give an interview about it?! You don’t even know if this girl is telling you the truth, you haven’t done a paternity test in two years but you came
    Out and gave an interview about it.

3. keke driver

May 10, 2016 at 10:41 am

……………Stay tuned as the drama unfolds.

4. Bey

May 10, 2016 at 10:46 am

He shld shut-up, just want to get his 5mins of fame. We haven’t heard his bloody voice since d 80s all of a sudden he has a voice.
    Trying to take from her happy news.
    He shld go and look for d imaginary child and takecare of him/her.

5. Cheekie

May 10, 2016 at 11:00 am

Well……Hollywood’s best kept secret not so secret after all. For many years it has always been talked about,rumor,allegedly whatever..
    @least now it’s out in the open. Nothing done in the secret stays secret,one day,donkey years after it will be out in the open.
    She should just come out and speak the truth now,no point hiding it anymore. We all have a past and i don’t think anyone will hold it against [email protected] point..Guess that’s the sacrifice she made or was made to make for her music career..

6. NMO

May 10, 2016 at 11:03 am

I remember my mum telling me years ago (when Janet was still with Jermaine Dupri) That she had a daughter with James Debarge. What I find shocking now is his claim that he didn’t know . If he didn’t know, how did it become popular gist? Anyway, it’s her life….

7. Yeyeperry

May 10, 2016 at 11:38 am

The daughter was adopted yet she know things only God and her biological parents know… She get winch?

• Fear GOD.

May 10, 2016 at 12:36 pm

“”god, me and Janet.”” I pity this generation. And even BN spelt God with a small g? God bless you @Yeyeperry for spelling right.

8. Cheekie

May 10, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Funny how some of you just comment…
    This is a high profile adoption case involving a Jackson sister,it was obviously not an open adoption. With all the secrecy involved the people in the know would have been made to sign non disclosure agreements.
    There are adoption laws and it’s different from state to state within the USA and other countries. The daughter may not even live in the USA,maybe he can’t go ahead to do a paternity test without the consent of the biological mother. James Debarge i think is being cautious so as not to be sued by Janet Jackson. And he may also not want to do anything against the law. There would be clauses in the adoption process and future paternity claim. Yes the lady in question is an adult but due process has to be followed by law..When you give up your child for adoption there are things the biological mother,tells the adoptive mother about herself and family. So the child can at least know where she came from and a bit about her biological parents. So no big deal in her having some info about the woman who birthed her.

9. Pretty girl

May 10, 2016 at 12:58 pm

All these bad belle is not good oh when u knew abt It why didn’t you confront aunty Janet pls I dont want any trouble

10. Dtruth

May 10, 2016 at 1:17 pm

This has nothing to do with bad belle…I’ve been a Janet fan for yearssss and this is one rumor that have always popped up and unfortunately this is one of those times it wil gain momentum…Time to deal with it once and for all

11. Gorgeous

May 10, 2016 at 5:31 pm

One thing i cannot stand is when people who claimed to love you, and who you brought into your life, choose to profit from you. The feeling of seeing all these useless interviews must be hell for her. i feel for her. Whatever she decided to do with her child or life is her business. All these useless ex’s. unfortunate beings.

12. Nene

May 10, 2016 at 6:26 pm

I read about this a few years ago. Celebrities are capable of anything