Music

Serena Williams shares her Experience taking Part in Beyoncé’s “Lemonade”

Beyonce-Serena-Williams

In a chat with Billboard magazine, Tennis star Serena Williams has shared how she got to be a part of Beyoncé’s visual album “Lemonade”.

She said:

“I have known the director since I was like nine years old. I know Beyoncé pretty well, so they were like, ‘We would love for you to be in this particular song. It’s about strength and it’s about courage, and that’s what we see you as. She told me that she just wants me to dance, like just be really free and just dance like nobody’s looking and go all out. So that wasn’t easy in the beginning, but then it got easier. … I thought that particular song on the visual album was really a strong song, and it was also really fun at the same time.”

Serena Williams’ appearance came on the song “Sorry,” which features Beyoncé showing her man the stupidity of his cheating ways.

1. Felicite

May 10, 2016 at 10:07 am

Beyonce is so insecure..

Everytime she collaborâtes with someone, she is always indirectly trying to prove she is better than then in someway or the other.

Everyone knows Serena and her thighs, and somehow I just can’t get past Beyonce’s focus on showing her own thighs to trigger discussion and attention to hers.

Remember the time of Shakira and the dance,I wont be surprised if she eventualy brainwashes Adele for a collabo to proof she is better than her

• BlueEyed

May 10, 2016 at 10:56 am

Wow, if only you would analyze your own life like this you would be a better person than the nonsense you just spewed

• FinchleysFinest

May 10, 2016 at 11:38 am

Dear Felicite, still Beyonce is smiling to the bank and you’re here talking… You need Jesus

• Ijebujesha

May 10, 2016 at 2:59 pm

You also need God. Everything shouldnt be about money.

• Bella

May 10, 2016 at 11:44 am

Your comment is very shallow, extremely silly and unfortunately it has only served to portray YOU and how warped and insecure your OWN mind is!

• jobswell

May 10, 2016 at 12:35 pm

F**K Y**

• agree

May 10, 2016 at 3:18 pm

You got it right! I don’t care what anybody says, the chic is mad insecure, a bully and a goat at the same time. I agree with you jare and the Shakira thing. She for try it with Rihanna, Rita ora etc now. Always trying to superimpose on pple knowing they won’t say no with her subpar music skills. Move jo

• lola

May 10, 2016 at 3:42 pm

when Beyonce doesn’t collaborate with women they call her insecure, when she does they still call her insecure lool

• Coconut Oil

May 10, 2016 at 4:35 pm

What manner of f*ckery did I just read? LMAO. How do I even begin to respond to the ignorance? Wheeeeeeet?!

• Ebony

May 11, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Lol. I don’t exactly agree with you, but as soon as I started reading your comment I remembered the collab with Shakira and the forceful waist/hip movement

2. Prince Jesse

May 10, 2016 at 10:15 am

Love reading about Serena

3. Sola

May 10, 2016 at 10:24 am

Serena,Great Africa American Queen going for 22nd grand slam.good luck at French open.

4. Baa

May 10, 2016 at 11:04 am

And see her sitting on a throne while Serena sits on a bench. Soo insecure it’s nauseating. I wonder why Serena would agree to that cos she’s a bigger powerhouse than beyonce.

5. amida

May 10, 2016 at 11:40 am

Love those two but Selena is more powerful than bee

6. Olanne

May 10, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Are you people this stupid? She is paying tribute to Serena!!! JESU!

Read this and shut up! http://allsportseverything.com/2016/04/serena-williams-twerks-on-all-the-haters-in-beyonces-sorry/

She is sitting on that “throne” just like Serena did on her magazine spread. Serena is dancing and being carefree because as a BLACK woman who does not give a damn, she has crip walked after winning slams, she has wore braids in her matched, she has been colorful throughout her career and because of that, Serena has endured racism you simple idiot might never understand. That is a tribute, that is saying, “i ain’t sorry” i am myself, i am a black woman who has achieved so much yet you simple minds refuse to respect me because of my race. I am a carefree black woman and i will fucking twerk if i want to. I will not be sorry for being carefree, the exact way Beyonce sat was the exact way Serena sat on the magazine spread.

For once in your lives, don’t comment on something you have no idea about.

7. GeeGee

May 10, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Please Beyonce and Serena are in two totally and completely DIFFERENT industries. Why are you people comparing? and Serena Willams is in Beyonce’s video but you want Serena to sit on the throne then maybe Beyonce should stand? thirdly, who is talking about thighs biko? How many of Beyonce’s videos have you NOT seen her thighs? Beyonce likes pant-like looking outfits for her videos… who has not noticed that? Why are people constantly looking for something where there is meant to be nothing?! Gosh.

8. Poohritback

May 10, 2016 at 1:18 pm

I see the Beygency and Beehive are alive and well on Bellanaija. Una koyo oh. Mschewwwww

9. Lol

May 10, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Nigerians will compare every single thing on the surface of this earth. You got all of these things from a 4 minute video? Really? Beyoncé sitting and showing her thighs meant she’s insecure? Lmao do you even think before leaving comments people??? How can grown women be this foolish. I’m amazed

Serena YAS girl, you slayed. Loved how you were carefree and sexy. It’s funny because I noticed serena immediately and couldn’t take my eyes off her. So it’s fascinating a lot of you noticed all those things about Bey. Don’t go and check yourselves to see why you’re so bitter and angry about someone who doesn’t know you exist. What a poisonous way to live.

10. Lol

May 10, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Like! It’s HER video and serena clearly had no issue with what she was asked to do. Women can be so spiteful and bitter. You see two people having a good time in a video and all you could think about was how to cause drama between them. It’s no wonder a lot of you don’t get along in that country. Always overthinking and doing the most.
    I could care less about Beyoncé but there’s no way I could scroll past the ridiculous comments quietly.
    Why are we out own enemies? Why. You see men talking about how they were blessed with so much thickness in the video yet here we are chatting absolute bullsh!t about insecurity. Pathetic

• moi

May 10, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Nigerian women especially…so spiteful and bitter! And I am Nigerian

11. Prince

May 10, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Great women ruling their world. I love love this. I’ve not seen Lemonade though

12. Princeton

May 10, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Beyonce was actually paying tribute to Serena Williams latest ‘sports illustrated’ magazine cover where Serena was sitting on a throne, Nigerians are so ignorant pisses me off