Music

“Keep my name out your mouth Punk” – Davido’s Message to Osagie Alonge for saying he Buys YouTube Views

Davido-Osagie-Alonge

There’s just so much drama going on this year and celebrities are not here for any “disrespeck”.

A few days ago Pulse Editor-in-Chief and music critic Osagie Alonge released his latest #FactsOnly video and in this edition he talked about Davido’s newest signee Mayorkun (click here) and how his new video garnered over 1 million views on YouTube in just 10 days.

According to Osagie, “How come you from nowhere, you drop your video and you hit a million views, fam it is not possible. Don’t call a dog a monkey for us.”

Replying to this on Twitter, Davido warned Osagie to keep his (Davido) name out of his (Osagie) mouth. Davido asked Osagie “Who u epp?”.

Davido Davido 2

Osagie actually started the video by giving props to Davido for enlarging his coast as a businessman and record label owner.

Watch Osagie’s video below.

1. keke driver

May 5, 2016 at 9:39 am

Who Davido epp? shioor

• Damilola

May 6, 2016 at 12:27 pm

So what? Marketing means people doing it on their own volition, some forcing you and some paying for it. As long as the product is selling.
      But these artists are getting out of hand though. Geez, it’s one artist insulting the other, somebody every other week. Can they show some professionalism.

2. John

May 5, 2016 at 10:24 am

Too much sponsored negative news,This young guys are on no support from govt or anyone,all you online principalities that want to bring them down,You will surely fail.face the politicians with your anger,they are the once slowing your progress not Davido and his artist just struggling to keep body and soul together.

• BS

May 5, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Don’t mind bad people. I have watched that Mayorkun’s eleko video like 50 times. Did Davido pay me?

3. David M.

May 5, 2016 at 10:28 am

looool Davido doesnt allow any rubbish.Did yall watch that prank MTV Base played on him last week?..lmao dude was ready to fight over small matter lmao.Love the guy though

4. Mr. Egghead

May 5, 2016 at 10:35 am

I’ve seen Mayorkun’s video. There’s nothing special bout it. It is possible that the YouTube views were bought. It is not to hard to do it, just expensive for the legit views.

Osagie has cut his teeth in the industry and I’d side with him on this matter. I remember when he was doing music video analysis on local TV back in the day.

Anyway, Davido don talk him own
    “”Put some respeck on his name”

• @Yorubadboi1

May 5, 2016 at 12:44 pm

But you have watched it and lot of other people too! 1m is easy with good hype tbh. When I haven’t seen Korede Bello’s Romantic, I heard it had garnered 1m views and here is Mayorkun that I see everyday.
      However I think Davido is a potential wife beater sha. If Omawunmi was a man, she’d be a wife beater too and that Cynthia Morgan too.

• naya

May 5, 2016 at 12:49 pm

It is also possible that it has a million views, a million views doesn’t mean a million persons. Just in my house alone I feel we viewed it up to 50 times cos I kept showing everyone and rewatching.
      Moreover Davido really did publicity for the song and his fans cut across the world, also check out the comments section, it is abt 800+, reekado oluwa ni has abt 700comments with a million views, so osagie should calm down and stop hating

5. Bye osagie alonge

May 5, 2016 at 11:10 am

Who is this Osagie Alonge dude?? What a joke he is….you call BReD and Sina Rambo “crap” but your bad facial skin and yellow teeth are not, smh!
    Be objective with your criticism and not just hate. Eleko video was very well placed to hit 1milliin views in 10days.
    Firs off – it was release around the time of davido’s Fader mag cover story (global attention). Second – davido was already a blog/social media drama magnet due to dele momodu/sophia mess. There was hype around davido and folks were checking for all his moves, so it was strategic to release elekor video.
    Humblesmith ‘osinachi’ also benefitted from Davido’s hype:

Osagie pls hush abeg, you aint no industry insider biko. HKN & Davido Music have one of the best PR/marketing teams at the global level, so its no secret that they may have paid to promote on youtube & in african countries.

Nigeria is 200 million people, so relax

6. orville daybreak

May 5, 2016 at 11:15 am

man i love OBO no tym for grudges and mr bought views watch out for maryorkun……………ori iyami eleko

7. ebony

May 5, 2016 at 11:31 am

Ah! I thought I was the only one that noticed oo. The guy’s temper is short mehn! He even threw bottle at the MTV base prank guys.

8. mrs chidukane

May 5, 2016 at 11:41 am

Davido is the most disrespectful, childish person, Kai. So proud and arrogant, I pity the woman he eventually settles with cos his ego is out of this world. That someone told him come down on the big Friday show prank segment, he was shouting ;don’t ever tell me to come down in my house. Shouting upandan, ready to fight his fellow man. Tufiakwa! I was so repulsed and disappointed honestly.

9. FinchleysFinest

May 5, 2016 at 11:45 am

I asked the same question about Eleko song . Better songs are still struggling to hit 1 million views..

10. Cos

May 5, 2016 at 1:09 pm

You don’t give respect to people that don’t deserve it,young guys trying to make a living and all people look for is to pull them down,this negative fellows should face the politicians,the very ones fueling hate and hopelessness in the country.

11. Prince

May 5, 2016 at 1:15 pm

The kind of drama that is yet to unfold this year. Only God can save us from it. Too much talk-talk

12. No drama

May 5, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Too much frustration after the election,there only goons are only venting,no drama that we have not seen worst.

13. Damilola

May 5, 2016 at 6:20 pm

That Mayorkun and his eleko song are both overhyped.. In due time the hype will fade off… HKN and there big mouths.

14. Cee

May 5, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Lol well done. Now, people like me who don’t know what you are talking about, are going to view the video. Million more views. Lol