Music

“Nigerians are so gullible and I think it is funny” Seyi Shay on the Supposed Tiwa Savage Spat

9fde3-tiwa-sawage-and-seyi-shay-1_editSeyi Shay said she is DONE talking about her reaction to the Tiwa Savage interview – click here if you missed it.

However, Punch newspaper caught up with the songstress and she had this to say about the she said/she said with Tiwa Savage –

“Please I would love it if you call her now and ask her this same question if there is any beef between Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay.

The pop diva further explained that her post had nothing to do with Tiwa Savage, describing it as a harmless quote.

“There is a quote that says that a competitive mind is not a creative mind and it is something I believe in. Girls compete against one another a lot and it is too much. Everybody competes but I think females do it a lot for no reason at all. If you are too busy competing, you will not have time to be creative. The post on Instagram was not directed to anybody, I was just minding my business but people took it the wrong way. I am aware that some people thought I was directing it at Tiwa Savage but I was not. After I had posted it, I told myself that I hope people would not think it was directed at anybody but I didn’t care that much; so I just left it.

“I read what she said about me but to be honest, when I post comments online, I am very sarcastic. People should be very careful when they listen to me speak and give answers because you will never know if I am serious or not.

1. lotus flower

May 15, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Of course she has to backtrack. She didn’t expect the backlash she received or that people would recall how she reacted to Tiwa prior to Tiwa’s interview.

• Dolly

May 15, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Right lmao she’s the gullible one girl…..thought talking smack & bullish will demean Tiwa, she’s a Savage for a reason. See her soldiers stay ready, amunitions and sheesh don’t start a war you can’t lead #SavageSoldiers go hard.
      You could have befriended her but you chose to be funny and sarcastic now look who need a lot of image re-branding to do. Goodluck with that and oh find a stylist too, now that you have ditched that crusty gray wiggery

2. Just Keep Quiet

May 15, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Seyi Shay, you are not a good person. The court of public opinion has spoken. Learn how to make mistakes and keep quiet. You’re just like Azuka, refusing to accept defeat. You people’s ego will not allow Tiwa to rest. Find your own path and stop dragging this girl’s name. The sun is shining on her star, let her be. Don’t lose fans over this issue, we already like you.

3. adele

May 15, 2016 at 1:30 pm

seyi shay our own azelia banks SHUT UP

• nene

May 15, 2016 at 7:41 pm

gbam. both trashy, and if she doesn’t watch her mouth, she’ll be back in peckham working at tesco

• Tiana

May 15, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Nene love it I heard it was primark ke

4. Shade

May 15, 2016 at 1:31 pm

We ignore you well also,knowing fully now that you speak from both sides of the mouth,face your career and get better at your craft,rather than insulting people.Tiwa is surely in a different class,you need to pay your dues in the Nigerian music industry,back to playing my darlin by Tiwa.

5. pita

May 15, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Lolzz! Really can’t make out what dis SS is hyper ventilating abt! I guess I shld just ignore her!

6. Puzzles

May 15, 2016 at 1:58 pm

It haff do o!!!

Tiwa has more in her plates right now than to be bothered by some “beef”

7. Cindy

May 15, 2016 at 1:58 pm

I officially dislike this girl now. I used to be indifferent about her but this her condescending tone though. Smh??

8. Silly Seyi

May 15, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I love these parts, “……when I post comments online, I am very sarcastic. People should be very careful when they listen to me speak and give answers because you will never know if I am serious or not”

Ha!!! Seyi? Was it pronouncing number 2 as “TuWo” or saying EP means “Electronic Package” that were the jokes? Haha! Your comeback is lame!!!

And…”I play with Nigerians so much and that is because I think they are so gullible and I think it is funny. I did not feel any way about the comment she made about me. They ignore me, I ignore them.”

This geh sef. It’s better you keep kwayet and be called an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt that you are one! Be wise!!

9. Busarni

May 15, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I keep looking for reason to at least like you but each passing day you give me more reasons to dislike you.
    You are a bitter person seyi; try and pay your dues before you be like Tiwa. Tiwa paid her dues: yes we know you worked with Mathew knowles (side eye).
    You eat and breath Tiwa and yet you claim you ignore them. Just look at you ; gerraraaaa here mehn.

10. Ginger

May 15, 2016 at 2:24 pm

If I didn’t know better, I’d think the ‘Nigerians’ she was talking about are these dumb and dreary puppets, not a country of over 150 million different people whom she depends on for her career to thrive. Don’t know her (music), but I wonder if she knows what she’s doing to her career.

11. Sultana

May 15, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Every one wants to use tiwa to remain relevant first azuks now seyi. Nigerians are not impressed with you both. Please get a life and move on.

P.S. azuka had to drag in dbanj. Very petty. Azuka is to dbanj what Linda is to wizkid. Make una kontinu. Oju yin a ja

12. Greenbeing

May 15, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Gullible ko…golibe ni..you know in your church mind there is a silent competition between you people..she’s the Beyoncé to your Rihanna..so don’t insult us!

13. Tunmi

May 15, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Reads comments….. Where is the lie tho

14. Anonymous

May 15, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Seyi Shay really needs to shut up now, ahn ahn!

15. Laura

May 15, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Please Sheyi just. Stop. Please. …..?

16. Tosin

May 15, 2016 at 3:39 pm

I like her music and I like her intelligence (please don’t comment about her unintelligence, yes, I’ve heard there are things she doesn’t know).
    I like how she knows it’s never that serious.
    Everything is funny. Well, maybe except for Syrian migrants, Egyptian prisoners, …
    Basically, I’m a fan. And the girl is hot abeg. See legs. See abs. And she can sing if you vex her. Next thing now is for her to start doing dance/choreography, chai!

17. Tee

May 15, 2016 at 3:41 pm

the people patronising ur music are gullible abi? It’s not ur fault …Even people that know me haven’t called me gullibe see this mannerless girl ..You must thing we’re stupid..park well jare…foolish girl with mouth dairrohea (sp).

• Lool

May 15, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Even your avatar dey vex

18. oluwadunsin

May 15, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Nigerians are so gullible??????? what a stupid thing to say. Well, since the gullible Nigerians include you and every member of your family, I no go too vex.

19. Rachel

May 15, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Seyi you are so right. Nigerians are so, so gullible. See how everyone ran to Tiwa’s side after her interview with pulse.lol…. They instantly became her protectors. They think that she is a saint now. Someone that was twerking and grinding on patoranking in the name of performing and did many other things that she was condemned for while married but she cried and gullible Nigerians became her hard rock stans.lol
    i am going to try the celebrity job and I know just how I would get sympathy and fans. I really do know.

Seyi speak your mind jare. I don’t even listen to your music but you are just a target of gullible people that think they should protect Tiwa. If Waje or even Yemi Alade said what you said nobody, I mean nobody would be on their case, forget them Seyi!!!! You have to understand Nigerians. Do an interview and cry small, share your story(true and fake) and you will see how many Nigerians would back you. Do that you would be back in the good books.

• Ginger

May 15, 2016 at 4:46 pm

So Tiwa twerking and grinding in a music video directed by her then husband means that she’s a bad person?
      Also, the people who defended Tiwa then were liberals and feminists, many of whom would therefore be empathising with a woman who bore the financial brunt of a cheating and neglectful husband who exposed their problems by dragging Tiwa through the mud first. Seyi Shay, follow the advice of Miss Rachel, she’s the ‘non-gullible’ fan that will buy your album and pay for your concerts.

• Squad

May 15, 2016 at 7:54 pm

You lack sense sha kai.

• DEE

May 15, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Teebillz baba, how market?

20. Laila

May 15, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Nigerians are so gullible????
    Who insults their fans like this pls? Does she think her IG followers are Vietnamese?

21. www.thelmathinks.com

May 15, 2016 at 5:14 pm

This girl just makes herself less and less likable. That you can doesnt mean you should; you dont have to respond to everything and you didnt have to respond to Punch either, especially after saying you’re done talking about it.

22. Vickie

May 15, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Well at this point I have to agree that this Seyi Shay is bipolar o! What is all this? After saying you’re done talking??

23. Becky With The Good Hair

May 15, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Who is advising this girl?? Seyi if you are reading this, please hire a proper PR person to media train you. It’s very important!

24. purple

May 15, 2016 at 10:19 pm

she sounds pained, pure and simple! imagine? Nigerians are gullible. I blame her? its d jobless people who bother themselves with these “stars” and celebs” wahala

25. le coco

May 16, 2016 at 8:40 am

SHEYI SHAY! u r soo flipping disrespectful.. THE AUDACITY!!.. “nigerians are so gullible”… u r insulting the very people that will buy your music and come to ur shows.. u wonder why u r not blowing up even tho ur voice is beautiful. u wonder why u r never the best dressed even tho u go and hire beyonce stylist? you wonder why you can only perform in stupid low class clubs in SA whilst tiwa and yemi alade are selling out arenas… you r just ridiculous.. keep alienating ur fans ehn… mumu

26. salo

May 16, 2016 at 10:32 am

32 COMMENTS WITH 379LIKES………….BELLANAIJARIAN I HAIL OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

27. Jute

May 16, 2016 at 12:01 pm

wait! The same Nigerians that buy your music and like your tots and photos unnecessarily on social media????? U need to stop speaking and get a publicist!!

28. tipco

May 20, 2016 at 9:26 pm

abeg who b seyi shay?

29. TT

May 22, 2016 at 7:16 am

“I read what she said about me”. That’s the problem, Tiwa didn’t say anything about you. Go visit a doctor and clean your ears properly and while you at it please get a life. MOFO