Relationships

“Truthfully I had categorized all men as the same useless idiots…I feel differently now” Monalisa Chinda on Finding Love Again in Genevieve Magazine’s May 2016 Issue

BellaNaija.com

Monalisa

The May 2016 Issue of Genevieve Magazine is out and the cover star is the gorgeous Monalisa Chinda.

The Nollywood actress who got married again recently opened up on finding new love after she had almost given up. She shares her emotional journey to finding love again in the arms of her childhood love Victor Tonye Coker after her very public divorce.

She says “Truthfully I had categorised all men as the same useless idiots (pardon my French). I am happy that I feel differently now. Marriage is always a better option for any woman who is single in this country. Forget 30, once you attain 35 and counting, men in this country call you a dead engine.”

The May issue also examines the deciding factor for 3 women from 3 generations in knowing that their husbands were indeed THE ONE.

“The day I trended for all the wrong reasons was a turning point for me” soulful singer Waje reveals and AMVCA best actress, Adesua Etomi talks about her time in the dark tunnel.

STYLETITUDE wears a new look this issue as the jury give unbiased opinions on trending red carpet fashion.

Photo Credit: GenevieveOnline

1. JJ

May 5, 2016 at 4:30 pm

All men are useless idiot…until u meet one angel. well thats all they say at d begining until stori change. I dont understand why men must be blame for broken relationship all d time wen d bible says a good woman keeps her home.

2. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

May 5, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Congratulations Monalisa. But for you to categorise all men as useless idiots al because of ONE sour experience is a bit befuddling to me. That’s a very huge and unfair statement to lots of good men out there. You weren’t perfect in that marriage and i don’t think your ex would categorise ALL women as useless idiots cos of your imperfections.
    Some of these entertainment folks need serious tutoring on how to answer interview questions.
    By the way, your TV show needs a better producer. I watched you interview Charles Novia sometime ago and i almost wept for you. You’re a terrible interviewer Monalisa.
    All the best in your home by the way. I geniunely wish you the very best in it.

• King Bae

May 5, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Olodo did you read? She said “she is happy and feels different now”… all this commentators

• le coco

May 5, 2016 at 6:18 pm

but why the epistle? shey she has admitted that she was wrong… she knows better nw

3. King Bey

May 5, 2016 at 4:58 pm

This one that your mouth is running like Ukpaka…I wish you well

4. Chi Chi

May 5, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I was once there where I categorized all men as the same. But truthfully I know and have met better now, and I always encourage friends going through the same to equate it to JUST THAT man and not all men. To all my sisters out there thinking this way, don’t give up! God just removed a tilapia fish in your life to give you a beautiful dolphin! One that would treat you like the queen you are 🙂

• Nkechi

May 5, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Bella commentators will not kill me with laughter. Was trying to get over the word ‘ukpaka’ then came across the comparison between Tilapia and Dolphin.

5. Mmmm

May 5, 2016 at 5:17 pm

D feelin is mutual, i had classified all women as d same money seeking useless idiots. I hope i find one that proves me wrong this year too…hehehehe…oya all dem self acclaimed feminist, over 2 u!

• Dr T

May 5, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Ask God for what you desire. Cause he knows just what you need Before you say a word

• Mmmmm

May 5, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Pls dont take my above comment 2 serious o. I have many decent and Intelligent ladies as friends wu dnt fit that description. Am just sick and tired of nigerian ladies making this unfair generalisations! All men are “IDIOTS”? Really? Including her father shey? Omotola, omoni oboli, chioma, mercy johnson, nse ikpiti…are all ladies wit sucessful careers married 2nigerian men! When u choose a wrong partner for flimsy reasons or mistakenly fall into d hands of an idiot. Honey forgive urself and move on. Dont go spreading hate! Well for those girls wu claim not 2 want to marry bcos of d fear of nigerian men, here is a message from one of ur mentors.

• Had to point that out -- feel better now

May 5, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Me I af tire for all this our ladies. Relationship is a dual thing. Why always single out the guy for faults in a relationship as if you’re perfect (well they like to believe that though).

You date a teebillz-esque kind of guy. He breaks your heart. Then all men are useless pigs. Have you dated all men to know they are all useless. There are also countless guys that have dated women and had their hearts broken by them too. They don;t go about spreading hate messages on the opposite gender.

But seriously i feel its too early to make statements like this. Now looku looku people will be watching and waiting. Why don’t yall ever learn to be mum about your love life. I get the fact that some ladies wanna brag about their man, but always consider the consequences.

#justmyopinionthough. 🙂 —- eyin feminist voltrons if you wanna criticize don’t go be isulting me cause i don’t share your opinion.

• Bey

May 5, 2016 at 10:40 pm

You sound like a broke dude.
      Am I correct ? YES / NO.

• Pretty girl

May 6, 2016 at 12:14 am

Mmmm u can send me your number

• Mmmmmmm

May 6, 2016 at 4:49 pm

07054789358. Call me ;-D

6. annonymous

May 5, 2016 at 5:49 pm

I wish you well Monalisa. I’m not trying to be pessimistic, but isn’t it rather too early to start singing this love song, at least publicly? Shouldn’t you just wait a lil bit for your marriage to survive the first 1 year or so before you start singing them love songs in public? Shaa, I don’t want to hear stories that touch in a few months or a few years time oo. I wish you love, joy and happiness, pretty woman.

7. Carina

May 5, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Some men are useless idiots. Good ones are hard to find. I am currently looking for one with a touch light even under the scorching sun!

ckjacob.com

• mj

May 16, 2016 at 7:49 pm

well! when u all that proclaims all men as idiots finds one, may they too be idiots and he goats. and when u all do pls don’t forget to share these same testimonies all over again, with luv. n fill free to abuse if u care

8. Audrey

May 5, 2016 at 6:00 pm

You’re blabbing too early Ma’am. Face your marriage,pray and enjoy it.

9. Ngozi

May 5, 2016 at 6:27 pm

@Nkechi, please add ‘looking for one with touch light under the scorching sun’ Na only Baba God who neither sleeps nor slumber fit find you proper person. In my own generation, marriage was such a serious issue that you had to seek the face of God in order to get your own specific match. Even if he is a Christian, they told us that it does not mean that both of you were matched by God. God Himself must show you yours. Accuracy in the Spirit was so serious that you had to know the fact that God sent Aaron with Moses to Pharaoh not Mariam though Mariam also belonged to the clan of Israel and was Moses’ older sister who called a nanny ( Moses’ mother) for Pharaoh’s daughter. I was doing London girl at first and thought that was just archaic. After some stupid London boys dealt with me. I humbled myself before God and went to fast and pray. Now, when women talk about marital problems, it sounds wierd to me. In fact, I keep quiet on purpose for fear of them not thinking that I don’t care or even jealousy from them. But I have decided to speak out. Why? If someone is looking for what you have, show them the way.My own way is accuracy in the Spirit
    Why? Because being a Christian entails accuracy, this is for someone who is wondering why that marriage is not working even though they know God. Please my dear, go and do a research on the Holy Spirit as though you expect an award on the professorial level.

10. Anon

May 5, 2016 at 6:45 pm

O honey happy for you but I’d keep my relationship private and not jinx it by exposing it in social media.

• i no send

May 5, 2016 at 10:21 pm

it was an interview for genevieve magazine not social media..some bitter people itching to cuss her out because she speaks her truth..some women are so pessimistic because of their lot in life..