Relationships

Blake Shelton Opens Up About Falling in Love With Gwen Stefani to RollingStone

BellaNaija.com

LAS VEGAS, NV - MAY 22: Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani backstage at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards at the T-Mobile Arena on May 22, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Todd Williamson/BBMA2016/Getty Images for Billboard

LAS VEGAS, NV – MAY 22: Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani backstage at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards at the T-Mobile Arena on May 22, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Todd Williamson/BBMA2016/Getty Images for Billboard

Blake Shelton gets a tad bit candid about his relationship with Singer, Gwen Stefani.

The 39-year-old country singer talks about how working on ‘The Voice’ together developed into something more.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Blake Said “As I was making the record, other developments were happening, I was spending some time with Gwen all of a sudden, and she became my closest ally, my friend, my person in my life who had my back, and I had hers. And created this bond with somebody that I never would have thought in a million years.”

Speaking on how they fell in love, he said, “We were starting The Voice last year, and I had to sit down and go, ‘Look, by the time this thing airs, my life will have completely changed, and we need to talk about this now because it may affect what we talk about on the show.’ I just felt like there doesn’t need to be secrets. And then the same thing [happened] with Gwen. It was like, ‘Here’s what’s going on, this show ain’t gonna air until three months from now, so let’s get this talked about right now.’”

“That’s how we even found out what was going on,” Blake added. “And we just started to develop a friendship after that. And it took awhile, because it’s chaos. But just over time, seeing each other a lot at work, it just kind of developed into that.”

Read more on Blake’s Interview here!

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Todd Williamson

1. Puzzles

June 2, 2016 at 10:58 am

Gwen is moving on!!!! She chose not to kill herself over a cheating husband. Happy for her.

I sincerely wish the girlfriends and wives of serial cheaters will learn from this, but no, they want to stay so that they can boast of 50 years of marriage and being the one “with the ring”.

• G!

June 2, 2016 at 1:08 pm

While i am not advocating that people stay on in abusive relationships, marriage is a different matter and not something to be lightly walked away from. If you are a girlfriend, by all means walk away from an unrepentant cheat. If you are a wife/husband however, make EVERY effort to work things out. Of course this assumes a reciprocal willingness from the other party. There is everything worthy about being the one who boasts of 50 years of marriage and being the one ‘with the ring’.

• Beeeee

June 2, 2016 at 1:40 pm

It’s not that easy for a lot of people to walk away. I don’t think its fair to judge everyone based on what one or 2 people have done. People deal with issues differently…In the olden days, many of our grandparents walked out on their cheating spouses/abusive and many of them stayed and managed. What were their reasons for choosing to manage? Yes, Gwen Stefani should be commended for having the strength to walk away from an awful situation but that does not mean that we should condemn those who are still in it. There are emotional and psychological issues that take place in many of these situations, whether its a cheating spouse or abusive spouse. I don’t think its just about boasting about 50 years of marriage or being the one with the ring (for whoever you are throwing shade at ..lol)

• good girl

June 2, 2016 at 4:53 pm

i guess you are throwing shade at someone..but stop making such sweeping statements ….just go and volunteer to visit a battered/abused womens shelter and i promise you all your sarcasm will melt away and give way to empathy ..im talking from experience

• Puzzles

June 2, 2016 at 6:27 pm

@goodgirl, my comment is addressed to women who WILLINGLY remain with and fight over SERIAL CHEATING partners, not victims of domestic abuse.

If Gwen was the average Nigerian woman, she will blame the nanny for trying to wreak her marriage and reap where she did not sow and the nanny would be disgraced and sent packing while the cheating partner looks for his next prey. To all the women that justify remaing with a serial cheat, i ask you: if you cheat in him ONCE, just ONCE, will he forgive you? Will he remain in the marriage?

Apart from the emotional distress, what message are you sending to your kids? Your sons grow up believing it is normal to cheat and your daughters grow up believing it is normal to sleep with married men and be cheated on, and the whole vicious circle continues.

What about the health risks? Hypertension because of side chicks. HIV and its siblings and cousins. Watch Kiki’s short movie for how a serial cheat infected his whole family with HIV.

The Bible says that God hates divorce. The same Bible says that Wisdom is for a protection the same as money is for a protection, but wisdom preserves the life of the owner

Anyway, your life, your choice

2. Scarlet

June 2, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I really loved him with Miranda. Was surprised to hear they were divorced. Good for him.
    I think Blake’s at least 50 though.

3. Made

June 2, 2016 at 4:57 pm

And to think that Blake sang the song “God gave me you” for Miranda…O ma se o