Events

Governor Ambode of Lagos Celebrates 53rd Birthday | Photos

Ambode at 53-11Governor Akinwunmi Ambode on Tuesday turned 53, and he marked his birthday with a special luncheon to raise funds for the provision of three Mobile Cancer Centres across the three Senatorial Districts in the State, with a call on Nigerians to join hands together to wage war against the scourge.

Ambode speaking at the #GivingTuesdayLagos event called on all Nigerians to join hands to fight cancer.

“Lives are lost every day to cancer and this is unacceptable. This is why the Lagos State Government carries out public health programmes focused on cancer.

I believe that the government alone cannot solve every problem; everyone has a role to play. In my one year in office, I have come to realise that even with the best will in the world, Government cannot do everything. The real challenge before me as Governor of Lagos is how I unite public, private and philanthropic sectors in building our state.

I am therefore, glad that through this private sector led initiative I can play a role in helping to advance the BIG WAR Against Cancer for the well-being of not just the good people of Lagos State but Nigerians in general.

We can only achieve this goal with the generous support of all people of goodwill. Without these donations, the goal would not be reached and the opportunity to save lives would be lost.

This is not really a celebration but a call to service. Against all odds; against all the things happening to the economy in the country; against the numbers; against the anxieties and the panic, we are still able to stand up and gather ourselves together and say we want to give back to humanity, that is symbolic and key for me and I think we must commend ourselves that all hope is not lost. There is more value to us and humanity in championing this course,” he said.

The #GivingTuesday event founded by the United Nations, was  put together by the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy (CECP-Nigeria), and is observed worldwide.

See Photos below:

Ambode at 53=8 Ambode at 536 Ambode at 535 Ambode at 534 Ambode at 533 Ambode at 532 Ambode at 531 Ambode at 53-16 Ambode at 53-15 Ambode at 53-14 Ambode at 53-13 Ambode at 53-12
Ambode at 53-10 Ambode at 53-9 Ambode at 53-7

Ambode at 53-17 Ambode at 53-18 Ambode at 53-19

Photo Credit: Twitter – @AkinwunmiAmbode

1. FasholasLover

June 15, 2016 at 12:47 am

HBD Mr. Gomina.
    Women are long suffering shaaa. If my husband were to give another woman belle and born shild atside. Will l ever be able to forgive and move on? Especially, when we both know nothing is wrong with either of us and it was a matter of TTC. Hmn

• Ify

June 15, 2016 at 11:16 am

Just say you want to bring up gist. In any case, Mrs Ambode has made her choice and she and her husband appear to be fine with it. It is a free world after all.
      HBD to Ambode, nice initiatives there. If only more governors had a similar level of concern for their states, Nigeria would have been a better place.

• FasholasLover

June 15, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Yes oo.
      Did you come on BN to study quantitative analysis? BN is a gossip blog. Pls. go and sit in a dirty gutter under the rain. Hypocrite.

• Ify

June 15, 2016 at 6:04 pm

See this one. Anyway no surprises there seeing as your favorite pastime is to be roaming from post to post like a fulani herdsman. Keep digging up dirt on other people’s lives and roaming all over BN. You will be alright ndo

• Bio

June 15, 2016 at 8:19 pm

How do you know she is roaming if you are not following her? Na kwesion l ask o.

• Ij

June 15, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Kai too many cray people on this blog. But the info is not a secret and this is a news/gossip blog.

• Nonsense

June 16, 2016 at 1:10 am

Nigerian marriages na management. To think l was admiring the Ambode man. Nonsense.

2. creebhills

June 15, 2016 at 3:40 am

all this politician always looking fresh all the way, HBD his Excellency GOV abODE aka ATIDE of Lagos, wishing you many more years of happiness and success in life. God Bless you

3. Max

June 15, 2016 at 9:52 am

HBD Gov Ambode.What a nice gesture.Kudos my birthdaymate.

4. Tenibabe

June 15, 2016 at 11:15 am

He’s just 53 . I tot he was way older like late 50’s

5. OA

June 15, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Please bring the gist. I had no idea, but as I was looking at the pictures, I was like which kain chemistry sef dey between this governor and his wife? None if you ask me. I guess I would feel that way too if it happened to me. Stay so you can enjoy the money and vamoose hereafter.

6. Dazzling

June 15, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Yes she knows about the child and they have a set of twins together: girl and boy.

Keep out of their lives, no one asked for your assistance in spreading gist

• Anonymous

June 15, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Are you a Product of a side chick? Pls. bring the gist.

7. Nura

June 15, 2016 at 6:36 pm

man! look at all them lagos CEOs kai if I was there by mistake . I will just walk up to one “please sir its job I need,anything just give me” iwill beg o .

8. A

June 15, 2016 at 6:58 pm

@fasholaslover you insult people way too much. Even if someone disagrees with you on the most minor of issues, you retort bitterly and with so much venom and insults. Calm down o. Don’t give yourself anxiety or high blood pressure. For someone who said she studied abroad, your manners are very unbecoming. Uncouth, if I’m being honest.

• Lola

June 15, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Well, the key word is “who said”… anyone can say anything. Most of those who have spent even a little while overseas generally show some decorum even when they are blasted (Nahum, Mz SA, the real Dee, etc). FL started off well when she started posting about a year ago but as the saying goes character is a like a smoke that will eventually show. This agbero-ish behavior says otherwise to all supposed claims. Nuff said.

• Just Saying

June 15, 2016 at 8:06 pm

See monitoring spirit. You even know when she started posting. Ebe like say she don abuse you too. All of you like to call people out but when you are abused you complain.

• Ij

June 15, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Lola, l liked your comment in error. So how do people who live abroad behave. Inferiority complex. Mind your business. So the people who live abroad are better? See mentality?

9. Fleek

June 19, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Yoruba hypocrites. We can abuse maje. But becos ambode is yoruba we cannot call him out for adultery? Why? For those saying the wife likes it. Keep deceiving yourself. Show me a woman who will be happy if the husbsnd not only commits adultery but bring her a child as evidence.