News

“I would have done the same” – Freeze defends Aisha Buhari’s Twitter Outburst

BellaNaija.com

Freeze-Aisha-Buhari

Last night the First Lady of Nigeria, Aisha Buhari, had Twitter buzzing after her tweets aimed at Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose.

Today OAP Freeze has shared his thoughts and defended her outburst saying:

I would have done the same if I were in Mrs Buhari’s shoes. Her Excellency is only human, and there is a limit to what she or anyone else can take!

******************************

Fayose, who I respect for his down to earth leadership approach, has proven to be quite tactless and immature in his criticism of the president and his family.

***************************

The sum Mrs Buhari allegedly transferred according to Fayose is $170,000? About N58 million using todays exchange rate, while Fayose himself is being accused, along with Musiliu Obanikoro, of having links to an arms fund, totaling N4.7billion(13million dollars). In my opinion, this is a clear case of a pot calling a kettle black, because if someone being fingered ?for $13million, is now fingering someone else for only? $170,000 I see it as hypocrisy………

1. FasholasLover

June 22, 2016 at 12:53 pm

So, how many people will she fight on twitter/clap back at? 2019 is a long long time to start fighting on twitter now. The closer the next election gets, ‘friends’ will become enemies so, will she become a twitter Lord? She is the first Lady for crying out loud. As a public figure, she will have jibes, insults, lies etc thrown her way. The best thing to do is to pick her fights and allow her PR people/office respond as appropriate. Furthermore, if you are gonna fight at least learn how to. Those twits were at best weak.

• Olive

June 22, 2016 at 1:18 pm

My own is not even that she clapped back. My own is the ratchetly bush language she used. I remember how during the campaign period, the APC peeps made Aisha seem so refined and elegant and would go on and on about how bush Mama Peace was. What is the difference between what Mama Peace used to do and this? I think I even prefer Mama Peace because at least she was her ratchet self and didn’t try to form “posh.”
      Every human being has the right to defend herself. However, a mature and gracious tweet like something along the lines of “while I respect Mr Fayose’s right to express himself, I must say that I can no longer continue to ignore the falsehoods he peddles about me” or something like that would’ve been better suited coming from the first lady. Not “unchained mad dog” or “if he’s 73, I’m 45.” SMH! Even managed to insult her hubby in the process! Very clueless and classless, this Aisha. Your true personality is like pregnancy and you cannot hide it forever!
      As for Freeze, the day he talks sense, cats and dogs will start mating and producing offspring!
      Where are all the celebrity APC voltrons? Olamide, Banky, Don Jazzy, etc? Come and help Freeze to defend your mother, nau!

• Just Negodu

June 22, 2016 at 1:51 pm

The truth is Aisha has never bn posh. That was marketing. Very razz woman. She even managed to shade her old husband. The truth is that the Buhari of old is dead. The one that divorced his first wife for seeking help for a sick child from his perceived enemy. This Buhari of today is an old, fragile weak man living on past glory. Aisha is another Turai. Loves power and the limelight. Her true colour is beginning to show. Razz woman.

• Truthteller

June 22, 2016 at 5:23 pm

The problem is not always the problem. It may be symptomatic of something deeper. In this case, the problem is that Nigeria does not groom leaders. Leadership is a very random concept to us. That is why we tend to end up with leaders who have typists, hairdressers and Mama Peace as wives. Think about it…the only two leaders with career oriented wives were “interim” and they were hassled out of office.

• abc

June 23, 2016 at 10:20 am

Freeze keeps talking trash. He should just shut up!

• Naijatalk

June 22, 2016 at 1:51 pm

She is not the First Lady. She is the wife of the President remember?
      On another note, Buhari supposedly called for prayers for the nation yesterday at a dinner to break his fast. He cited the present economy, the agitation by the Niger delta avengers and the IPOB. Then he went on to rein in on the IPOB.
      Buhari what are you saying about Fulani herdsmen? What are you saying about the attacks on non-Muslims? Aren’t these people part of the problem in Nigeria?
      Buhari judgment is coming……

2. TruthSayer

June 22, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Oh Freeze not you again! Can you please do us a favour and shut it already? Like Seriously STFU! Dang!!!

3. mee

June 22, 2016 at 1:00 pm

I agree, sometimes you just need to give it back to people in the same way so they know you are human. Accusing her for fraud is rather a big one. He has done this one time too many and its becoming too much. He just got served same way

• nnenne

June 23, 2016 at 12:41 am

@ mee, you know the Buharis have not been transparent. Don’t blame anyone for accusing them. How hard is it to show your certificate? How hard is it to show how you ran for election, especially if you are going to probe others? How hard is it for Aisha Buhari to prove Gov. Fayose wrong?
      Instead of clapping back, she should have gone ahead to prove critics wrong.
      This is a democratic government and we must critique the government. APC cannot shut the opposition up. That is wrong.
      Aisha Buhari must have to deal with criticisms. Enough of the praise singing Freeze!

4. Fleur

June 22, 2016 at 1:00 pm

True, you have always been immature. You would not know about the stiff upper lip treatment for cry babies and defeated souls. Sigh

5. Spunky

June 22, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Ahaaaaaaa! If Oga Freeze no contribute, the gist no complete be that. I don’t agree her reaction is justifiable. Yes, she’s human and should be emotional. But…

6. @edDREAMZ

June 22, 2016 at 1:21 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Lord knws am in support of Aisha though no doubt…. The nigga have really disturb her family….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

7. Yve

June 22, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Eye Service. LOL

8. Prince

June 22, 2016 at 1:36 pm

The first lady should keep quiet because she’s not human and should use Fayose’s word as a body lotion. Some of your are pathetic and hypocrite.
    I’m sure you wont even take some close to that.

• Naijatalk

June 22, 2016 at 2:20 pm

If you do not see anything wrong in what she tweeted, then you are a tout just like the Fayose you keep insulting everywhere. If you are one of those who judged the crassness of Patience Jonathan and you are giving Aisha a pass on this one, then the judgment reserved for you will not have part 2. Please never run for public office because it will be a disaster. You better learn how to use the words of your opposition as body lotion. That’s why we as a people are far behind. How many times did you see or hear that Michelle Obama clapped back at all the wicked and hateful insults hurled at her and her family? Did you even read half of what that family was accused of? Even going on family vacation to Spain, they were accused of funding their trip with American funds. Please advise your mother Aisha to learn political wisdom. If she has no official position in this government then she needs to sit tight and ride it out in SILENCE.

9. Anon Today

June 22, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Of course, you would have done the same. You are Freeze, not the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

10. whocares

June 22, 2016 at 1:49 pm

“I would have done the same”.. daddy twitterfingers, we know. lool

11. Madman

June 22, 2016 at 1:54 pm

First lady the thug
    Wife of the president the hoodlum
    Office of wife of the president thug wannabe
    Loser with horrible communication skills
    Bet you one of Buhairis kids high jacked her account.

12. Noms

June 22, 2016 at 1:55 pm

More accusations are coming…Madam First Lady abi Wife of the President, carry your broom well. All the she is classy fuss and all,SHAME. We already know who Fayose is thank you for revealing your self to us.
    Mr Freeze, of course we know you will do worse as you nor get respect for yourself and in her case her office…oh,she nor get office sef. Long hissssssssssssss

13. Iris

June 22, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Omo, when Freeze defends you that’s when you know you may have done something wrong lol.

14. Does This Fool Have to Talk?

June 22, 2016 at 2:15 pm

I’m sorry, but Freeze has to be the dumbest, most insecure and most pathetic piece of monkey crap I have ever seen. Have you noticed that the minute he realizes someone (particularly a woman) is doing better than him, he feels emasculated and has to talk crap? Like he did when Tiwa’s thing happened only to run back to apologize like a dog going back to regurgitated vomit? Or like he does to his ex-wife? Y’all have forgotten how in 2012 he cast insinuations at Don’t Jazzy and threw shade at him till Jazzy got mad and called him out on twitter.That’s when I knew Freeze was nothing but a petty little bitch who talks nicely to you and then the minute you are gone, he starts to talk crap about you. Five year old boy in a 65 year old man’s body. Butthurt because his wife is more of a man than he will ever be! My friend, shut your mouth and go and take of the two kids you’ve abandoned! Irresponsible twerp!

15. Err

June 22, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Nonesense,so freeze should not give his opinion again?shiooor,and you want freedom of speech?

16. chiazam

June 22, 2016 at 2:25 pm

This ass licking from freeze is likely to cause pile.

17. lili

June 22, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Mr freezer the ass licker. There is no presidential appointment for you. torhhhhhhhhh

18. Labake

June 22, 2016 at 3:55 pm

I agree with Freeze on this. Fayose is a mad dog. Real men don’t fight women. Fayose should leave Aisha Buhari out of his. Political problems. Fayose is an uncultured and uncouth person. He certainly doesn’t respect his own. Gutterboy

19. Tosin

June 22, 2016 at 4:06 pm

what do these people mean by finger, finger, finger everyday? i’m too young, please.

20. Suga

June 22, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Madam, you have just given room for even passer-bys, na now you go get real shades thrown at you like never before. I’m sure oga fayose is presently studying for the clappest back of the year for you. Most Nigerias political set of the people are simply class less and disgraceful.Afterall most of them actually win by thuggery, so that should be expected. As for freeze, please go for a break let others celebrities contribute, you are becoming a burden on social media, thank you. Let the drama continue……

21. Tobby Francis

June 22, 2016 at 4:44 pm

For Aisha I no surprise o Afterall Na for night sef nicodemus trek go meet bros j
    The real and true identity has surfaced. There’s nothing posh about this woman
    She’s just power hungry finito
    As for Freeze aka Onu Shaba
    Oh lenu pa!!!
    Nowadays he practically has a saying to everything or fued that’s happening in the Nigeria circuit
    If no be I concur then it would be I would have reacted the same way
    And blabla
    Abeg who this Alabi yellow don Epp?
    Always wanting to be relevant at the expense of another person’s issue…..

• Xiomara

June 22, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Oga,Tobby
      Thanks for that good belly laugh.
      Nigeria is a zoo.
      See the leaders we elected.

22. Me

June 22, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Wallahi, this freeze guy can be so senseless! He is a complete troll and whatever he supports, the opposite is the right thing.

23. Cece

June 22, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Freeze, u’ve gotta take a rest from your social media handles for a while and come back more quiet cos I don’t like all the insults I see whenever your name is mentioned. I only ever see this much on B.N, but how much more from the minds of people who don’t bother to make comments. But I guess you don’t care, anyway.

24. Moyo

June 22, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Is there any medication for this mouth diarrhoea, Freeze needs a dose.

25. Bokun

June 22, 2016 at 5:46 pm

?Gosh. That’s one heck of an endorsement Freeze.!!!. One she could have certainly done WITHOUT. I mean no disrespect, but who in their right minds would want to be publicly endorsed by YOU. On reflection , that was one hell of a ghetto level rant she had on twitter. Not befitting of a Lady, talk less of a FIRST LADY. She might just be in good company with the likes of you. Oh nigeria I tire!

26. Mama Jollof

June 22, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Very appalled that a FIRST LADY used TWITTER to express herself instead of elegantly issuing a statement by her media team. Why do our leaders even have access to twitter for God’s sake?? That’s where common sense is absent! Twitter is a youth-led thing please, our first lady cannot be causing commotion on such a platform. She can’t start copying hilary clinton and donald trump please. very embarrassed

27. Ethel

June 22, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Like seriously can someone just make this man dissappear for me? How can a man talk so childishly and so often?I’m so tired of seeing his name and opinions. BN can u guys pls stop publishing this man issues?i don’t know what I’d do if i see his name one more time.mennnn this man wife dey try die..i swear.can u imagine being married to a man like this?how do dey even discuss, reason or come to a decision together as a couple? Too much abeg

28. Babe

June 22, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Opeyemi OLARINDE stop coming here to write comments as anonymous you are a loser

29. Suga

June 22, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Freeze, na only you waka come!!!! Lol. Bellanigerianas community una no be here o

30. S

June 22, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Of course you would have. You like her who veils the part, are bush.

31. Suga

June 23, 2016 at 8:17 am

But this his ex wife OPEYEMI is a desperately razz Ibadan woman I agree

32. Mama Jollof

June 23, 2016 at 8:19 am

I agree, I know it is freezes ex wife Opeyemi morenike behind most of the hate comments. She brings along jobless family members and friends to attack the guy but the guy no send them

33. Cece

June 23, 2016 at 8:31 am

So it’s not only me thinking his ex wife is attacking him here? Children he abandoned? That was too close home. The woman needs to get a life and move on already! For this I retract my previous comment as I was ignorant to this fact before. Daddy Freeze you are truly my daddy

34. jane

June 23, 2016 at 11:17 am

Y does Freeze feel the need to be opinionated about everything?..off course Freeze you can do that..but she is first Lady we expect better..you are Freeze we except this and more.

35. Ethel

June 23, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Thanks for informing me that it is freeze ex wife, Opeyemi or whatever she is called trying to smear him. I also apologize for my comment. One thing I respect about freeze though is that he is so bold!

36. Tosin

June 23, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Daddy freeze has spoken tons of wisdom!

37. [email protected]

June 24, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Plz can someone tell this man call Freeze to shut up….He should better seek for more better ways to seek for more popularity than trying to use Fayose & Aisha Buhari to do that.