Relationships

“You know you are my wife, right?!” Jessica & Hilary’s Sweet Love Story | Pre-Wedding Photos & Video

BellaNaija Weddings

Jessica_Hilary_Engagement_Dure Events_BN Weddings_2016_ Raheem Photography_6Jessica was blown away by Hilary‘s smile from day one and Hilary had always known in time, with a little work, Jessica will one day be his wife. They met several times over the years but seeing Jessica at church was the game changer that led to their ultimate union.

Their wedding will be planned by Dure Events.

Do you remember when pictures of Jessica’s wig falling off during a twirl at their pre-wedding shoot went viral on Instagram – “lol, classic!”

“Love is patient…” – Be Inspired!

Have a quick peek at #TheAniboweis – Save The Date video.

The couple used a creative way to have a flashback experience from the day they met to they day Hilary proposed “Ooo, I should have known” were the only words Jessica could say after accepting to be his wife 🙂

~ Photography: RH Photo Arts & Alexa Ray Studio

How We Met
from the groom-to-be, Hilary:
It was New Year’s Eve 2009 and I had gone out to support one of my friends who had an event space called Red Eye Lounge. As I walked in the place it didn’t take long at all for me to notice Jessica, as she had recognized a girl that was in our entourage and had exchanged pleasantries with her. I gave it a few minutes and walked over to her and said to her – “You know you are my wife, right?”

Literally, that was the first thing that came to my mind, we ended up hanging out and dancing together most of the night and exchanged numbers.Jessica_Hilary_Engagement_Dure Events_BN Weddings_2016_ Raheem Photography_5A year later, I had become more reserved and didn’t party as much as Jessica, I was more of an easy-going person and Jessica was heavy in the entertainment scene. My two close friends Tony and Ahmed even nick named her “hip-hop hurray”. Jessica and Hilary_2We would hang out casually and over time we just remained friends and eventually lost contact with each other.In 2012 at a New Year’s eve service at Christ Embassy church in Dallas, I ran into Jessica and we exchanged greetings and had small talk.  Over the next few visits to Christ Embassy, I discovered Jessica had given her life to Christ and was different from the “hip-hop hurray” girl I had first met, she had matured into her own woman.Jessica and Hilary_4

This time I didn’t make any moves to approach her, we would just exchange greetings whenever we saw each other. On the dedication sunday of my friend Tony’s daughter, Jessica approached me after church and asked if she could have my phone number, we went out on a date and decided to start dating.View More: http://alexaraystudio.pass.us/jessicahilaryengagementsView More: http://alexaraystudio.pass.us/jessicahilaryengagementsAs we started dating Jessica wanted to change a few things about me and I let her know she would have to accept me as I am, as well as God’s plan for my life and hers.

Jessica_Hilary_Engagement_Dure Events_BN Weddings_2016_ Raheem Photography_1We took some time apart from dating, about 6 weeks and I began to miss Jessica. During that break I was home and Jessica called. It was late,  but she came over and as soon as I saw the look in her eyes when she saw me, I knew I was going to ask Jessica to be my wife for real this time.

New Years Eve, 2013 we made it official.

Jessica_Hilary_Engagement_Dure Events_BN Weddings_2016_ Raheem Photography_3Proposal
from the bride-to-be, Jessica:
Two and a half years later, September 25th , 2015, he proposed to me in front of my family and friends. It was definitely one of the happiest days of my life. Hilary has been a huge part of my growth and my testimony. He has helped me become better and I thank God for him everyday. I’ve learned to give up my controlling ways, because only God has full control over our lives.View More: http://alexaraystudio.pass.us/jessicahilaryengagements View More: http://alexaraystudio.pass.us/jessicahilaryengagementsWho would have known that my life as a party girl actually worked in my favor? And now I have met the love of my life. I believe God kept the both of us in each others path until we were ready to take the next step, and ready to serve one another as husband and wife. My relationship with Hilary has taught me to accept people for who they are and respect the season they may be at in life.

God does the changing and we do the praying. The more I prayed for Hilary, the more things began to change not only in him, but within me as well. I strongly believe that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).View More: http://alexaraystudio.pass.us/jessicahilaryengagementsView More: http://alexaraystudio.pass.us/jessicahilaryengagementsJessica_Hilary_Engagement_Dure Events_BN Weddings_2016_ Raheem Photography_9View More: http://alexaraystudio.pass.us/jessicahilaryengagementsCredits
Photographers: Raheem | @RHPhotoarts | Alexa | @alexamihalla
Videographer: Malek Foto Films | @malekfotofilms
Event Planner: Chioma of Dure Events | @dureevents
Creative Stylist: Amanda Bell | @iamamandabell
Makeup: Roc Castillo | @roccastillo | Stacy Uzuh | @staceface_beauty
Outfits: White and gold dress | @eseazenabor | African Attire | @afrikcouture

1. Naijatalk

June 21, 2016 at 6:04 am

Nice story, wishing you a great future together.

2. Mia

June 21, 2016 at 6:21 am

Awww… such a cute couple. I enjoyed their love story… very real with the ‘hip hop hurray’ and the break they took from dating… but clearly it was God’s plan for them to be together. Love the words of wisdom from Jessica there – truly, God does the changing. It’s great that they were able to come to a place of mutual acceptance before marriage. Wishing them an awesome, fun-filled wedding and more importantly a long and happy marriage.

• damilola

June 21, 2016 at 12:55 pm

My heart skipped a little with the names. I’ve not met a guy who goes by Hilary, you learn something new everyday. Congrats to the couple. Jessica, is a beauty and inspiration, I’m addicted to her youtube channel, “woman of purpose”. If you haven’t heard about her and the whole P4CM channel, check it out. Men too.

3. Valentina

June 21, 2016 at 6:22 am

“hip hop hurray ” oh my gwad, I couldn’t stop laughing. You’re so pretty Jessica, congratulations

4. Winnie

June 21, 2016 at 7:18 am

Nice nice nice…

5. matata m.

June 21, 2016 at 7:21 am

they are a nice couple and they do match very well^^^^ wish them the best in life$$$$$

6. Mo

June 21, 2016 at 7:38 am

Awww beautiful pictures, and the video is so cute… really lovely. God bless them.

7. Bleed Blue

June 21, 2016 at 7:46 am

LOL! And y’all posted it still?

Anyway now I can leave my REAL comment about this beautiful couple.

I smiled all through reading their story. Almost felt like I was there with them during the courtship. Lovely couple with a lovely foundation. I pray that you both have all the great things life has to offer.
    Happy Married Life! 🙂

8. Pink

June 21, 2016 at 7:50 am

‘Hip hop hurray’ ?? God bless you both!

9. Nnenna

June 21, 2016 at 8:07 am

Am i the only one who did not read the story from start to finish but kept watching the pictures . See hips abeg.

10. osaretin

June 21, 2016 at 8:29 am

so cute. Beautiful couple.

11. Oloye

June 21, 2016 at 8:49 am

Love it! Lot of dating and relationship tips for those ‘tied-being-single-and-ready-to-be-serious’ folks out here.

– Make the move anyway – be bold!
    – Don’t be boring, if she/he doesn’t like the game – don’t just play when he/she is around. Be real though but note it’s called ‘date’ and not just only you doing what you like.
    – Take breaks where and when necessary
    – Don’t hesitate to strike again when you still feel the passion.
    – Ladies can make the moves too. Why not????!!!
    – Define the relationship and work towards the primary objective everyday – read books, watch movies etc that teach about your objective/marriage.

I will stop here for now…lol

12. funmi

June 21, 2016 at 12:13 pm

i was smiling all through the video…………………….so much love!!! God bless your home.

13. Social Media 9

June 21, 2016 at 12:31 pm

aaaaw I love the video , the whole concept is nice .
    Nice that things worked out for you two as a couple. Because sometimes its so easy to miss and overlook the right person or qualities at first. But we all learn & get better over time. Happy Ending ?.
    Yh, Me sef I need to be more outgoing , church , socialize & a lot more . A few lesson’s learned from this …….
    Congrats , may your love for each other continue to wax stronger IJN …..

14. purplieciousbabe

June 21, 2016 at 12:38 pm

looks like Jessica was constantly going in for the kill #justsaying.
    All he did was chill.
    I am not gonna like I didnt like it lol she came over, I missed her yadiyah (it does not matter what I like sha, here they are both of them smiling and ready to marry)..
    I did like the video, I thought it was creative. I like the pictures.

• Mia

June 21, 2016 at 2:40 pm

But if you read the article, he was the one that boldly approached her and started their relationship in the first place, calling her ‘his wife’ from their first meeting. Along the way, he also had to make changes and sacrifices – even the video dramatized that. The fact that she has been (refreshingly) honest about her own active part in the relationship does not mean that he was passive. Relationships truly take effort and commitment from both sides, and I think their story demonstrates that. Unfortunately you didn’t see it but it’s there.

15. LOVE-IS-BEAUTIFUL

June 21, 2016 at 2:03 pm

I feel some typa way wewhen I hear love stories like this, Well . God Bless Your Union..

So tired of staying at home, I’m in need of a driving job for individuals who reside within Isolo, Okota, Ago and its environ. I personally reside in Okeafa islolo Lagos, I’m willing to start work immediately upon agreement. 07087824108 . BN please pardon me.??

16. Ej

June 21, 2016 at 3:04 pm

BN pardon me too, I need of some one to clean and arrange your pls call 07056114777 tired if sitting at home doing nothing am just a graduate waiting for nysc for the main time thanks

17. wendypearl

June 21, 2016 at 3:09 pm

congrats to them in this life you don’t rush…….

18. happy4u

June 21, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Jessica so happy to see you happy. I actually met her before and she is a very humble and sweet. Wishing you and Hilary all the best dear. 1 day at a time dear. Trust in God and All will be well.

19. tokoni

June 22, 2016 at 4:24 pm

OMG! ! That’s my birthday and I want that date for my wedding too. . Baba God pls provide a serious boo

20. amanda sako

March 6, 2017 at 12:44 pm

God is truly faithful he gives u what u need not what u want….