Scoop

“I’m not fighting Ubi…his wife is the best woman in the world for him” – Iyanya debunks Rumours

BellaNaija.com

Lilian Esoro & Ubi Franklin White Wedding_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_Keziie Photography_DSC_5710

Over the past few days, ever since Iyanya put up a post that he was starting his own record label, there have been rumours that he and his business partner Ubi Franklin had a falling out because of Ubi Franklin’s wife.

Iyanya has come forward to debunk those rumours.

He posted a screenshot of the news on Pulse NG and wrote “All this r lies …I’m not fighting Ubi… his wife is the best woman in the world for him, she is a good woman. She’s a good cook too. You guys please chill…@lilianesoroo @ubifranklintriplemg G”.

Iyanya

1. Dolly

July 14, 2016 at 12:29 am

People don’t understand that no matter the bond you share with someone, blood related or not the dynamics change once someone gets married. I don’t even think its bad as i have had to fallback from few friends after they got married and the vibe wasn’t the-same, no hard feelings.

What i do have a problem with is these married set of people start acting like they are better or has everything that you don’t. Excuse me hon, not everyone likes to settle just coz the next walking thing got balls between their legs, some us do have taste.

So i think Inyanya don’t necessarily have a problem with Ubi, he’s just smart enough to know business might not be usual with him married and starting a family.

Long comment my bad I’m at this boring gathering.

• Francine

July 14, 2016 at 4:13 am

I thought I was the only one that noticed this! Once someone gets engaged or married they start acting like they have the solution to all of the world’s problems.
      I was thinking it was just talk until a ‘friend’ of mine got engaged recently. Next thing all this bossy Aunty Ominiknowest attitude surfaced from nowhere. Handing down instructions, talking ‘knowingly’ about every single issue on the planet.
      Everyday she’ll call to remind me that there’s ‘no time again o’ (I’m 25) and to know if I’ve found ‘the man’ and the steps I’m taking to make sure I hook him ASAP ??

• zee

July 14, 2016 at 8:25 am

My dear yu are so right!! Suddenly yu wil start hearing “marriage is not easy oh…take it from me cos i hv d experience” (3 months married) “nne time is running out oh so yu better act fast now dat yu are stil young” or dey wil start giving yu attitude like my cousin whose fiancé bought a car for!! I don’t understand ppl

• miini

July 14, 2016 at 5:26 pm

My Sis did that to me, it was so annoying! Married all of 3months, she suddenly knew everything. Had to sit there irritated at her telling me how her husband is now more important than her ego and how “I will soon understand” and the advice she and my mum were giving me about how compromise is needed and “how i will soon understand” and I’m like duh??. Mind you it’s just one year between us o. Was just sitting there looking at her like ehn ehn, O ma ga o.
      Abt the real matter tho, it’s really not a big deal, just social media overhype again

• lola carey

July 15, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Maybe its you who sees it that way.

• King Bae

July 14, 2016 at 2:21 pm

You took the words/thoughts out my mouth. I totally agree,… i have experienced the whole “”i’m engaged/i’m married now saga””. People acting all brand new once they reach that milestone. To ease tension, i just don’t bother them, if they hit me up, cool… if not, oh well. But for me, no hard feelings… i just move on.

• Damilola

July 16, 2016 at 5:12 pm

So true. And it’s natural and good for the dynamics to change once you get married. Certain things come with different phases and territory. The main focus should be on each other bcos that’s what marriage should be about. Don’t get me started on ones who go overboard with it. I really don’t expect Ubi franklin to be jiving with Iyanya the same way he did when he was just dating. He’s married now and has a baby on the way. A good man should spend more time with his family.
      And it may also be a good business move for Iyanya to start his own label. Growth is important and expanding your brand is an asset. Someone gives you the torch, pass the torch to others who also need it.

2. jide

July 14, 2016 at 12:58 am

Iyanya, kwik kweshoon – warrapun to Freda? Haha

• omololu

July 14, 2016 at 7:25 am

Freida is too opened Eye with plentyyyyyyy ex married men boyfriends, if na your brother would you wish he married Freida? Don’t get me wrong she’s a very warm kind hearted girl, I recommend she marries a foreigner that’ll nor care about her past…..in any a is too inexperienced where Frieda is

3. Karashika

July 14, 2016 at 4:53 am

She’s a good cook. Lol ok

4. cika

July 14, 2016 at 7:21 am

Seriously. Good cook?pls were did that come from???na wa for these people self….lol

• I am a good cook too.

July 14, 2016 at 8:13 am

Is it wrong to be truthful again? Is she a good cook? If yes then he can say. Hope you are not looking for faults.

• o

July 14, 2016 at 1:14 pm

He’s only appreciating her skills na. Do you know how many delicious meals he has eaten at their home? Nothing wrong with the statement imo

5. nana

July 14, 2016 at 8:33 am

He mentioned the ‘cook’ part because he has once posted a pic where he visited Lilian and she made him egusi which according to him, he enjoyed so well.

6. tee

July 14, 2016 at 9:35 am

No smoke without fire

7. jymco

July 14, 2016 at 9:36 am

When I read stories like this one, it reminds me of Fashola’s statement “may your loyalty never be tested”. They can separate and move on peacefully, after all P-Square did.

• IJustgotback

July 14, 2016 at 11:16 am

Dis was definitely shade to the Okoye brothas….lmao

• o

July 14, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Moved on to the tentative courtroom battle? Or moved on to IG and Twitter fueds??

8. Olawande

July 14, 2016 at 10:27 am

“for him”

9. Tutu

July 14, 2016 at 1:31 pm

I once told a friend that she and her boo deserve each other and I meant that in the worst possible way. Iyanya saying she’s the best woman in the world for him probably means the same.