Scoop

“Just because I’m in the industry does not mean I am badly behaved” – Halima Abubakar

Halima Abubakar Makeup Artist - BellaNaija - December 2015001

A couple of days ago Nollywood actress Halima Abubakar got some backlash for posting that she can’t wait to be “disvirgined” and in a recent interview with Punch, she clears up what she meant by the statement.

She says “Why would people become annoyed because I said I am a virgin? Just because I’m in the industry does not mean I am badly behaved. Not everyone is sexually active. You can have a boyfriend and not be sexually active. The reaction I got shows the mentality of the people. If I say I’m a virgin, I am and if I say I am not, then I am not. They tell me to go get married, should I go after  someone else’s  husband?”

She added “Everybody thinks one should get married from age 18. A lot of marriages are complicated. Marriage will come when it will come, one doesnt need to force it. People are getting divorced with pregnancies because they got married under pressure. We should let people be. People are saying if you are not getting married, go and get kids because menopause is approaching. What kind of thing is that? Is it your menopause?  I still have about nine years before I hit menopause all things being equal. I am not one of those people that will kill themselves because of marriage. I can’t have kids outside marriage.”

1. Adaobi

July 31, 2016 at 2:00 pm

-_- am coming back for comments *am concerned about my own vagina anybody else’s no concern me so I don’t care*

2. I am guy but tell them.

July 31, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Is it your menopause? That’s a punch line. I am out.

3. Valentina

July 31, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Halima shut up already!!! ughhhhh

4. lady

July 31, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Breaking your virginity no be world cup! biko go read some scripts.

5. Pelumi

July 31, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Some talk should best remain private,but am impressed if indeed she’s still a virgin after all this while she was in Nollywood,were promoters and co,always give roles and pay some actress in the hotel room.

6. owolabi habeebat

July 31, 2016 at 2:42 pm

dnt judge by look

7. Hmm

July 31, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Please let us hear word!

I doubt anyone still wants your vagina.

• Ijebujesha

August 1, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Are you kidding me? She is beautiful and successful at what she does and she is a virgin (as she claims) and you ‘bet if anyone wants her vaguna’. Do you know what her virginity portrays about her sense of discipline and restraint at all. If it is true that she is a virgin at that age, in this age, at that society and in that industry, then stop fooling yourself…very many men DO want her not just her vagina but her love.

8. madman

July 31, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Desperately looking for a husband.

9. Spunky

July 31, 2016 at 3:30 pm

This chick reminds me of how Americans enjoy hating on Gwynette Paltrow ( not sure of the spelling jor). Halima, if u wan marry, marry. If u decide to stay single, by all means do. Just be quiet already.

• Baby gurl

July 31, 2016 at 4:37 pm

lol I believe Gwyneth’s own is on another level. She has topped polls in the US for the most hated celebrity. It’s her perceived elitist behaviour or something . Her stupid website Goop that will sell matches pere for $500. Halima is not there yet.

10. Oma

July 31, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Is it your menopause? that brought a smile to my face. Good response for all of them ‘chief advisers’ lol

• chidear

July 31, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Absolutely, it made me laugh so hard

11. Felinda

July 31, 2016 at 4:32 pm

halima shut up

12. mary

July 31, 2016 at 5:55 pm

i think some of these celebs deliberately like to put up some posts just to stir up controversy to remain relevant, it was Halima who put it on her IG that she can’t wait to disvirgine and have kids, bloggers like LIB grabbed it and made it a headline, i mean halima can be a virgin for all i care, but shouldn’t certain things remain private?, the world does not need to know, same way Chika ike celebrated herself sometimes ago for being celibate for 2 years, really?, some of them need to grow up.

13. Laura

July 31, 2016 at 6:37 pm

See contour! Nawa!

14. chidear

July 31, 2016 at 10:16 pm

[email protected] it your menopause..

15. lolipop

August 1, 2016 at 12:40 pm

world people ehnn….the just look at and automatically judge you, I get this alot dou…woo alima u hv no right to explain anything to anybody o jere!!!

16. Letty

December 31, 2016 at 5:31 pm

The problem here is that these trifling people are called celebrities and thus monsters have been created and this badly and inappropriately used term has gotten to their nitwit heads. I guess anyone that stands in front of an Android, iphone or video recorder or old school camcorder screaming and misbehaving in the guise of acting is a “celebrity” nija has such low and mediocre standards for everything, it is astounding….